Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
15. Re: Nintendo, the luddite gaming company Jun 13, 2005, 17:25 Fang

Computer = everything else. I use my TV when there's *nothing to do on my PC.* And that's rare.

Professional, I take it you don't own a tivo, or that you haven't built yourself a MythTV box.

I used to think like you also, then I built a MythTV box (works like a tivo, without the monthly subscription charge, and it has a builtin DVD recorder, plus a whole bunch of other customizations... MAME, etc.)

Suddenly, you don't have to watch commercials, you will watch only shows that are good (or that you are interested in) instead of just "what's on". Miss a key play because you got up for chips? No problem, just rewind.

I'm telling you, it changes the way you watch TV. In fact, its sort of like browsing the web. You'll end up splitting your time more evenly.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE NY Closed
87. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2005, 02:22 Fang

Wow, i never knew that was made up. Guess i'll have to stop using it

That doesn't stop most extremists, why start now?

Most of the information you are fed is made up. Its designed to ensure the party that is feeding it to you can cement its hold on power by never losing your vote to those "evil" Republicans. Or to those "evil" Democrats (depending on your source: Rush or Halsy)

In the end, the other side (whichever side you are on) is just another group of well-intentioned, opportunistic people trying to win an election. And so is your side.

News Comments > On Game Violence
19. Re: No subject Jun 7, 2005, 08:36 Fang

I'm sick of all these pass-the buck-crusader-republicans who always want to foist their view of morality on everyone else

Yeah, all those republicans... just like that Illinois governor who proposed the "safe game bill" that has jail time for those who sell M-rated games to minors. Oh wait, a Democrat.

And like that Vice President nominee who has just had "good" things to say about M-rated games... what was his name? Lieberman? And we don't have to bring up his running mate and his wife, with all her crusades against the music industry.

Nope, those dang Republicans. What will they think of next?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: Atlas Jun 6, 2005, 02:40 Fang

Yes, because its important to let all that old stuff lay there so it can spread hard to control forest fires.

Think of the original ecosystem!

News Comments > Halo Patch
26. Re: No subject Jun 1, 2005, 01:49 Fang

I don't know first hand..but my understanding is that the game itself wasn't made for K/M so yeah..even if you have the adapter....the cursor only moves as fast as it would if you had the regular controller....in other words....slow...no wrist flicks or twitch movements.

And my understanding of it is that if you set the sensitivity to level 10, its very playable, in other words, not slow.

Sure, you won't get the same effect as setting your mouse sensitivity to level 50 in a standard PC game, but if you refuse to play an FPS because you can't wrist flick, but everything else works great... well, it sounds just a little too elitist for me.

23. Re: No subject May 31, 2005, 22:45 Fang

And he loved using key mouse. He uses a gamepad on the consoles, cause he doesn`t have a choice. Given the choice, I think many would be using key mouse instead.

What do you mean he doesn't have the choice? Don't have $20 to spend on a keyboard/mouse adapter for the xbox after spending $200+ for the Xbox and Halo? (nevermind the 52in tv).

11. Re: Halo 2 for PC? May 31, 2005, 16:26 Fang

Is Halo 2 ever going to make it out for PC? I can't bear console controls for FPS.

Get the keyboard/mouse adapter for the Xbox then, and you won't have to complain about game pads.

If you played all your xbox games with a keyboard and mouse, is there really a difference between fps's on pc versus consoles?

News Comments > Gears of War PC Follow-up
21. Re: Schwag May 26, 2005, 16:26 Fang

And in advance flame avoidance, remember that HALO was a Mac/PC-first title. There was no excuse.

Ah, I remember the good ol' days, when a co-worker was such an adament Apple-fanboy and he would go off on the virtues of the yet to be released Halo for the Mac.

I was the one who broke it to him that Microsoft bought Bungie... the look on his face. Priceless.

8. Re: No subject May 26, 2005, 12:12 Fang

Anyway, for all its evident flaws, I thought it was most excellent fun, and a fine culmination for the series, even going so far as to ease some of the disappointment of Episode One.

It kind of reminds of the the redemption that the third Matrix movie had on the series. After seeing the train wreck that was the second Matrix movie, I was saying that the only way they could redeem this series is if they killed off the main characters. And what do you know...

Padme and Anakin are dead. Everyone knows that Darth Vader killed Luke's father

7. Re: No subject May 26, 2005, 12:06 Fang

Heck thats half the price of a new game, which gives way more entertainment.

Or the full price of new games that hit the $20 price point that I purchase at.

Going to movies for one night... or buying a fun $20 coop game to play...

So I only go when its a must-see. (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Spider Man, Matrix)

45. Re: Netmeeting / Firewall question May 25, 2005, 18:07 Fang

Creston, try a different video conference software. I've always had trouble with Netmeeting, but I've found MSN Messenger works pretty well for video, when I couldn't get NetMeeting to work.

I'm sure there are other apps available too.

66. Re: No subject May 25, 2005, 02:51 Fang

I would just like to add this link for further evidence about the conspiracy to trick Westerners to eat rotten stuff:

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/191/

35. Re: No subject May 23, 2005, 16:44 Fang

One of my closest friends has just come back from about a year and a half as an english professor at a university in China. Can't for the life of me recall what the city's called atm, but no matter. 'Real' chinese food consists of rotten cabbage and/or other rotten vegetables and gristle, deep fried in fish-oil that hasn't been changed in... well, a long time. Oh, and under-cooked or over-cooked rice.

Your poor friend. It sounds like he had a great prank pulled on him. "Hey, lets feed this rotten cabbage to the dumb Westerner and tell him its a traditional Chinese delicacy!"

Actually, what you described sounds more like Korean food. Pickled cabbage in a hot chile sauce (kimchee), or any other vegetable in a hot sauce, with rice cooked longer than Westerners are used to.

Some foods are just aquired tastes. Even some of our American foods have to be aquired. Take McDonalds for example. No one can eat the cardboard they pass as food unless they were put on it as little kids.

Though if you are ever at a Korean restaurant, you can't go wrong with kalbi... Excellent cut of ribs slow marinated in a sugar and soy sauce marinade and grilled to perfection. Trust me, that's something that everyone is born loving.

73. Re: Less than stellar... May 23, 2005, 15:42 Fang

This thread slipped past me since it was added to after the day was over. nin's reference to it brought it to my attention.

I just wanted to say that I agree with Warhawk.

Though I'd point out that he only thinks they don't track those things... que paranoid music

18. Re: No subject May 23, 2005, 14:27 Fang

I usually crave Chinese food a lot more than Mexican, though. Probably because my wife doesn't eat much Chinese food so I seem to get it more on my own when I need to get a bite to eat....

Now is this real Chinese food, or Americanized-chinese food?

8. Re: Inevitable May 23, 2005, 11:22 Fang

George Lucas should have done what he did with Episodes 5 and 6: gotten someone else to direct it.

Episode 3 is more of what we can expect from Lucas: great special effects, epic storyline, poor acting and poor dialogue. I'm specifically thinking of Anakin and Padme which a better director could have helped, though Ewan McGregor did a fine job as Obi-Wan.

The story line was a bit sparse "oops, I got Mace killed; okay, darkside here I come!" but better acting/directing might have helped flesh this out.

I would add that I think Episode 3 is much better than Episode 1 and 2, but I think it could have been much better.

Just my two cents.

This comment was edited on May 23, 11:23.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: It's nice to know Microsoft May 19, 2005, 12:18 Fang

Unless, ofcourse, your modem and router are all the way on the other side of the house from where your console is going to be.

Creston

Then buy a $50 bridge to wirelessly connect your Xbox (and any other items by your tv, like a mythtv/tivo box).

The WRT54G's make nice 4 port bridges (and support WPA) and cost only $50. Though you do have to reload customized software on to them.

If you are concerned about lag, mine only adds 1 ms to my ping.

Also, wasn't the Xbox 360 supposed to come with a wireless adapter, or was it optional?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: 9.6 gigahertz :-O May 13, 2005, 12:57 Fang

That and this Xbox 360 is still stuck renduring it's games on a 512x512 TV.

Actually, the Xbox 360 is designed to be run on HDTV's. So you're high end PC running 1600x1200 vs an Xbox 360 running 1920x1080. I think they'll both be looking pretty good.

PS- SDTV is 640x480, not 512x512

I feel sorry for those xbox gamers.. especially in shooter games, as their gamepad can not even approach the swiftness and accuracy of a good old mouse/keyboard combination.

And nothing would prevent the Xbox users from buying a keyboard/mouse adapter for their Xbox 360. In fact, nothing prevents them from buying one now for their Xbox (except for the fact that you have to order it online).

Criticism is more effective if your facts are correct.

PC games will be able to be controlled by the Xbox 360 gamepad... how do you think that will effect the game design of pc games? Especially since many of the top-tier ones are ports of Xbox games?

In reality, Microsoft is making a standardized, cheap, glorified computer to sit in your living room that can run at high-resolutions. What's so bad about that?

38. Re: Self-replicating robots... May 12, 2005, 15:58 Fang

oh yeah, there's a wonderful idea.

Fucking scientists piss me off sometimes.

What's wrong? Rascist against robots? I thought you were progressive-minded... but you're against robot reproductive rights? Hey, robots are people, too.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Yahoo Music May 12, 2005, 14:56 Fang

Why buy and have a right to posess and control something when you can endlessly pay to license it under someone else's terms.

Like I said, for $5 a month, I would view it as a subscription to satellite radio, not licensing the individual music.

Also, there is a price point where you will pay to "license it forever". Which would you rather do, pay $1 to buy the track, or pay $0.005 per year for as long as you want to listen to the song? 100 years * $0.005 = $0.50 total cost, nevermind the depreciated cost. Just an example to show you that everyone has a price.

And I'm saying that $5 a month is approaching my price point, for the number of songs I would want vs long term cost.

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo