Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
69. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2005, 21:11 Fang

A civ in N Korea could say exactly the same about the US.

Uh no. You don't know much about the Korea's do you? A "civ" in North Korea is too busy trying to figure out how to survive until they can escape to the south, instead of being critical of the US. That's usually reserved for us, ivory tower folks, where we don't have to be worried about being sent to slave labor camps for not having a good enough haircut.

I really believe that Mr. Kim (N Korea's leader for the uninformed) must have something like borderline personality disorder. It's a total one man show, and seeing the wild swings that goes on over there, it has to be something like that. Walking on eggshells.

And trust me, you don't want someone like that to get the ultimate weapon. A nuke in the hands of a narcisist...
This comment was edited on Jun 27, 21:12.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

62. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2005, 18:06 Fang

You're right; You're pretty conservative, while I'm one of those pinko commie fags that McCarthy would've just shot. I've had this discussion a million times before; it leads to me being angry/other people being angry, which leads to people either not ever talking to me again, or us agreeing to disagree. I probably should just STFU, and skip ahead to the last bit.

Well, I think what's still missing is the fact that while its a disagreement on the underlying values, both sides (liberal/conservative) are both motivated to pick the "right" choice. IE. neither side is "evil". That's probably where you and others get so steamed. You've fallen for the propaganda that the other side is "evil".

Oh, its a great way to win a political argument, demonize the other side which is just as well-intentioned as yours. And if you look through out American history, commonly used.
This comment was edited on Jun 27, 18:06.

News Comments > Max Payne Movie Plans
23. Re: Who's gonna play Max? Jun 27, 2005, 15:35 Fang

Actually, it would be interesting if they converted the storyline to an old, washed up, ex-governor who becomes a vigilante. I could see Arnold doing that.

News Comments > Max Payne Movie Plans
20. Re: No subject Jun 27, 2005, 14:35 Fang

The first one took me ~18 hours to beat.

Max Payne 2 took me 6.

Sure, the second one was put together a lot better than the first... but come on. Six hours. I bought the game on its first day out for $50 at EB since Best Buy didn't get theres out yet.

The lesson should be don't ever pay $50 for a video game. They always drop to $20-$30 in a few months. I hear that Circuit City is going to start selling a bunch at $10.

Max Payne 2 was one of the few games where I felt like I got my money's worth ($20). I'm happy with games at 10 hours so I can actually get through the story line. Anything more, and I won't have the time (or interest) to finish it.

News Comments > Ghost Recon 3 PC Smiles on GRIN, Title Confirmed?
4. Re: No subject Jun 24, 2005, 14:17 Fang

Well, its a console game being ported over to the PC, what do you expect?

13. Re: No subject Jun 23, 2005, 12:49 Fang

Can you believe this?

Take a look at who dissented.

64. Re: First Solar Sail Jun 21, 2005, 12:01 Fang

NASA JPL's Solar Sail experiment from 5 years ago:
http://www.space.com/news/lasersail_000301.html

Don't you think NASA has plenty of QM guys working at JPL?

http://solarsails.jpl.nasa.gov/index.html

News Comments > 25 to Life Under Fire
10. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2005, 01:41 Fang

Thanks Blue for using the "D" next to the senator's name. No diatribes against the evil "R"s yet.

News Comments > 25 to Life Under Fire
9. Re: No subject Jun 21, 2005, 01:40 Fang

More on the McDonald's coffee:
http://lawandhelp.com/q298-2.htm

32. Re: Photons Jun 20, 2005, 16:10 Fang

The response I get back is the cd is no longer available, and if I wanted to order a copy I should follow their link (WHICH IS THE SAME LINK I SENT THEM, and the cd is NOT sold out!!!!)... no answer to my question, at all!

Yeah, but you didn't answer my "question" either!

Heh, when I first started reading your response about CD's, I assumed since I didn't answer your question ("don't we hate it when..."), you were doing the same thing back to me.

30. Re: Photons Jun 20, 2005, 15:33 Fang

Don't you hate it when you email someone a question, and they reply, but DON'T BOTHER TO ANSWER THE QUESTION IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM?!?!?!?!

nin, I think the Red Sox and Patriots ARE going to win their championships again this year. How about you?

Trying to push nin's buttons.

23. Re: First Solar Sail Jun 20, 2005, 14:03 Fang

Care to place a link? I tried google and was unsuccessful at finding any reference to said mock space-sail. Was this test conducted in a vacuum? The only earth-based vacuum tests I've heard of involved unfurling and not microwaves.

Anyways...see you after the results are in.

That's because as Zathrus mentioned, the real challenges with solar sails is being able to fold and unfurl a thin enough and strong enough material to act as a solar sail.

The tests to demonstrate radiation pressure that you are looking for were conducted over a hundred years ago. You might actually have to crack open a scientific encyclopedia to get the equations that prove it true theoretically (which John Maxwell did in 1871. That's 18, not 19.) You know, the same guy of which Maxwell's equations are named after.

You have to free your mind of Newton's basic laws. You are probably assuming that since photons are massless, they can transmit no impulse. This is not true and has been known for over a century (known, not theorized).

The results have been in for a long time.

15. Re: Back from the wild NE Jun 20, 2005, 12:48 Fang

Going back a couple weeks, I'm tempted to agree with the assessment that RI drivers are the worst... although I don't necessarily think it's their fault -- the road signage in the NE sucks, so I think everyone is perpetually lost. WTF is wrong with putting up signage for cross streets so you can tell what road you're currently on? Not to mention routes and streets combining into one, but not mentioning that the road you're on is RI-114 and RI-138A and RI-214 and blah blah blah.

RI has roads?? Here in MA, we just drive from pothole to pothole. On our way between Dunkin Donuts.

And its all poor road management too, not the weather:
http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/06/19/gone_to_pot_in_boston/

I don't get the fascination with Dunkin Donuts either. Coffee is better at Starbucks and costs about the same. The donuts are mediocre. My only guess is that people are creatures of habit.

14. Re: First Solar Sail Jun 20, 2005, 12:29 Fang

I think space-propulsion theorists need to hang out with more quantum physisists....I don't beleive photons are like a gust of wind that can push something along, though some are easier to convince than others it would seem. I bet the sail is a flop. I have yet to read a satisfactory (or even a logical) explanation as to the physical process behind this solar sail concept.

Yeah, those NASA guys are idiots. Nevermind that they have actually conducted experiments that have shown photons do exert a force, and even have made a mock space-sail which was made to hover with microwave radiation (ie. photons).

While you may not believe that "photons are like a gust of wind that can push something along", John Maxwell surely did. Have you heard of him? He wrote a few equations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_pressure

yet all articles I've read on the subject remain strangely silent on the effects of the sun on said sails.

That's probably because either a) they didn't understand electromagnetic theory enough to write about it, or b) it was proven to be true over a century ago, so the underlying scientific truths are a bit old hat.

Sorry, but you're a little over a century behind the times.

27. Re: What the hell is happening to Americ Jun 19, 2005, 10:16 Fang

Free speech is okay, unless you are trying to talk about religion. Endorsing white supremism is okay, but you can't scream fire in a theater or talk about religion. Oh, and if you work for the government, you sign away your rights under the Bill of Rights when you join.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Servers Released
12. Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 20:21 Fang

And if you decided to pass on BF2 now due to this, check out:
http://www.splashdamage.com/
for Quake Wars. These guys gave away Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. I think they know how to appreciate their community.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Servers Released
11. Re: No subject Jun 17, 2005, 20:19 Fang

Usually, I am sympathetic to businesses and the fact that this is their livelihood. (Hey, I'm a Valve/Steam supporter ) However, these really are unnecessary draconian practices.

Sure, "anything goes on Unranked servers" unless of course it changes a "core" game feature. Careful, make a weapons mod that doesn't please them... Bam, you're gone.

Here's a hint, EA/DICE, seemingly arbitrary bannings equates to bad customer relations and lower sales. Would it have been too hard for them to issue a news release that changing the time limit wouldn't be acceptable, before starting the bannings? Is the courtesy of a little bit of extra communication all that hard?

And calling editing a server config file (which all servers have had since the beginning of online FPS's) hacking is just insulting.

Why unnecessarily insult people who are donating servers to your game? Just stupid business practices.

81. Re: SCI-FI FANS Jun 17, 2005, 01:15 Fang

Blazing Saddles perhaps?

Ya thats the one I had in mind. Those old mel brooks movies are hilarious.

Yeah, Mel Brooks is all about parody, so he got that line from the Treasure of the Sierra Madre. That's really the reason why the line was supposed to be funny.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Hypocritical girlie-men Jun 16, 2005, 17:08 Fang

Btw, that dude who's railing at the Illinois governor is very good at making a statement. I love how he slaps those millions of movie dollars Illinois is getting in there.
Too bad that the Illinois governor is going to stick by his bullshit, since facts only get in the way.

Those darn Republicans, always trying to impose their morals on us. I can't wait until they get a Democrat governor in office in Illinois, then we won't see anything like this...

Oh wait, he IS a Democrat. Never mind.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Dead Rising Jun 13, 2005, 17:27 Fang

Dead Rising was the only Xbox 360 game I saw at E3 that looked "nextgen".

Really? After seeing those screenshots, I'm left underwelmed. I'm thinking I'll probably hold off for a bit, until game developers can mamimize the use of the systems.

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo