Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 20, 2010, 11:52 Fang

I didn't see the Giants game, but it was nothing like the 07 Superbowl. This is nothing. As a Patriots fan, the Superbowl was about making history, or not as the case ended up being.

I was walking by a HDTV display and they were showing clips for that Superbowl. It still brings shudders to this day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2010, 13:30 Fang

Is this a good time to point out how much I love DirectX and its ability to do all that thinking for us?

I agree, Microsoft is awesome.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 6, 2010, 12:54 Fang

Ah, more anecdotal evidence:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2010/11/17/

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Microsoft's Kinect Selling Twice As Fast As The iPad. Nov 30, 2010, 20:56 Fang

Your example is in reverse. Cherry tomatoes are much cheaper than turkeys so of course they will see faster.

The Kinect is much cheaper than an iPad, so of course it will sell faster. They do both have something in common, show the average person the product and they want it (hint: the average person does not read Bluesnews) It means both are a hit but people are price sensitive.

News Comments > On Game Prices & Inflation
30. Re: On Game Prices & Inflation Oct 6, 2010, 18:14 Fang

And yeah we do get a good part of American history up here when we're younger, and in highschool.

Well, being the 51st state, that's important now isn't it?

News Comments > US Army on MoH Taliban Controversy
21. Re: US Army on MoH Taliban Controversy Oct 2, 2010, 20:15 Fang

I don't know why they didn't try to implement it like America's Army, where no matter what side you played, you were on the US side.

If your goal is to get US Army support, they showed the way they would like it to be executed. AA did it years ago, it can't be that hard to implement technically.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 24, 2010, 01:11 Fang

Oh, and if you are using it with Kinect, you'll probably need a ceiling mount. Compusa or amazon is your best bet.  

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 23, 2010, 00:32 Fang

About $100. But if you have a painted off-white wall you can get away with it. You can also build your own for about $50 in parts.  

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 23, 2010, 00:25 Fang

Hidden Kinect Requirement:

It sounds like the guy just needs to buy a projector. A 1080p projector costs $950 on amazon, and a 720p (for most gaming) is $640. You can easily get a 100" screen out of that with the proper distance.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2010, 21:09 Fang

Someday, we'll have self-driving cars and we'll think back to the days when impaired drivers killed people and think it's nuts.

But I'm not holding my breath for it.

News Comments > Software First Sale Doctrine Slashed
4. Re: Software First Sale Doctrine Slashed Sep 10, 2010, 21:03 Fang

Great, I can see the next push: we'll only be licensed to listen to music, we won't actually own the CD. And we'll only be licensed to read a book.  

9. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 30, 2010, 22:57 Fang

If you want a Netflix device, you could consider getting a Roku device. They are only $99 on Amazon. I've been debating about getting one of those or another Xbox for my main TV.  

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 11, 2010, 15:20 Fang

You are preaching to the converted ;p But that vid definitely converts the last doubters...

Really? I was actually not interested in the Kinect, but that game vid brought back memories of playing Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast. I might pick it up for that game.

But for the rest of you, I can see where standing up for any length of time will make you start pouring sweat like the guy in the video. In that case, you may not want to buy it. Just keep sitting on your butt, eating Cheetos. You'll have more fun that way.

3. Re: Halo: Reach Will Punish Quitters, Says Bungie. Aug 3, 2010, 21:32 Fang

Just recycle the AI code from the single player game. It doesn't have to be that smart. Just give the remaining the satisfaction of ending the game on his terms.  

1. Halo: Reach Will Punish Quitters, Says Bungie. Aug 3, 2010, 16:43 Fang

What I don't get is why have the opponent drop out if the other player quits? Why not let AI take over the opponent? Have the dropped player automatically get a loss, and the winner can finish the game and continue his enjoyment. He may not even notice that the human dropped.  

News Comments > Court: Breaking DRM Allowable
2. Re: Court: Breaking DRM Allowable Jul 27, 2010, 14:14 Fang

I didn't know laws could file appeals. I always thought it was limited to people and organizations.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 23, 2010, 20:50 Fang

Lost what?  

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2010, 16:23 Fang

How about a nice game of chess?  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2010, 15:49 Fang

I know where the quote is from, I just didn't know why he was using it.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2010, 13:46 Fang

Not play what?  

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo