Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: nintendo revolution controller Sep 14, 2005, 00:55 Fang

Really? I would have guessed that it was a controller in the shape of pacman...

RE: E3 2003 for those who don't get it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Michigan's Violent Gaming Law
1. No subject Sep 12, 2005, 21:58 Fang

Score another one for the Democrats.

Yay democrats!

News Comments > BF2 Stat Padding Crackdown
32. Re: No subject Aug 31, 2005, 21:10 Fang

BF2 has unique account&player names, so that can't happen.

You misinterpreted that, Calabi. We didn't say that people will go around masquerading as the top ranked players, but will masquerade as their clan members. Anyone can create a new player name which has "exp" as the clan tag, for example. Then make sure they get caught stat padding, and wham, bye bye, #2 ranked player.

13. Re: No subject Aug 31, 2005, 18:12 Fang

So, if I wanted to cause people trouble (which, this is the internet, 1/4th of the people try to do that) I just have to put the clan tag on my name, go and pad my stats and the whole clan (of which I am not on) gets punished.

Good point, I wonder how long it will take for someone to create an account that matches the clan tags of the leaders and start playing on one of those knife and pistol only servers.

BTW, in case any one was wondering about "admin-enforced" rules, those are the rules they are breaking out the stick for.

12. Re: No subject Aug 31, 2005, 18:09 Fang

I'm surprised that EA even mentioned anything before banning servers and customers. Isn't their usual method of operation to ban everyone that edits a text file or tries to play with pistols only, shut their server down, and take their first born? All before telling them that editing a text file is hacking?

I'm surprised they aren't holding the hosting companies responsible and banning them before letting them know what happened.

News Comments > BF2 Stats Server Downtime
3. Re: Fine...I read the damn thing. Aug 29, 2005, 19:48 Fang

So if you can only play enough to get one unlock, what unlock would most recommend? The Support unlock?

That's the one I'm leaning toward. I heard most are unhappy with the Assault unlock.

I know most say, unlock the class you play the most, but I usually switch around to whatever my team seems to need.

But I'm also considering the Medic unlock since it always seems that a team needs a medic.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: McDonalds Aug 15, 2005, 11:51 Fang

Also, McDonald's isn't actually that bad for you. It's now 100% beef in their burgers

Yeah, they may be 100% beef now, but the question is are their patties 100% meat, if you know what I mean? I wonder what official grade of beef they use. My guess is that its the one right above "Fit for animal consumption".

21. Re: McDonalds Aug 14, 2005, 22:24 Fang

i go to mcdonalds and burger king if and when i want to eat junk food that is delicious

What? Are you crazy? That food is nasty. Sawdust patties with extra salt between two oily pieces of bread. Man, if you think that's delicious, I feel for the rest of your diet.

Do yourself a favor and don't eat at McD's for awhile (like a couple of years). Then try and go back to eat a hamburger from there. You'll realize how awful the food really is. How else do you think they can sell it so cheap?

68. Re: Umm... Aug 12, 2005, 00:13 Fang

Weak dude. I could make the same argument for your keyboard hand.

Ah, but could you do it with your tongue firmly planted in your cheek?

65. Re: Umm... Aug 11, 2005, 23:25 Fang

TO vs. the Eagles, I agree with Chipsystems.

Invert Mouse vs. regular mouse:
I use regular mouse in FPS and invert mouse (invert joystick/camera) in Third Person games (usually only on console) Makes sense to me. My mouse is pointed to where I am looking, its not the backend of my head. (unless it is with third persons).

WASD vs RMB:
WASD forever! RMB'ers are heathens! See? Break these commandments and get carpal tunnel. These laws were put here for a reason.

12. Re: Fewtbahl! Aug 10, 2005, 13:11 Fang

What do you mean sadly? They lost their two star inside linebackers? How will they ever adapt? /grin

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
23. Re: stealing your neighbors internet Aug 10, 2005, 13:04 Fang

But they can't get into WPA right now. It takes about 5 minutes for someone to find the password to WEP. They can easily mirror the broadcasted MAC addresses (and corresponding IP), if MAC filtering is on. If its not and you have DHCP limited, they can easily use a static IP. (Just use 192.168.1.99, most DHCP's start at 100).

Think its rare for someone to hack your WEP? It WILL happen, unless you live out in the boonies. It's way to easy with the current tools out there. Then they can see everything your computer has shared right off the bat. Next is hacking into Windows filesharing and do you really want to trust a hacker (even if its a script-kiddie) on your network?

Do yourself a favor, and get WPA.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Metaverse Aug 8, 2005, 15:22 Fang

After hearing so much about Snow Crash and never reading it, and since I am a computer scientist (or at least play one on TV) I finally got around to reading it.

I was sorely disappointed. What a poorly written piece of work. And it passes for a "must-read" among computer "geeks", which says alot about this group's language art skills. The only thing interesting is his vision of the "metaverse". Other than that, there really is nothing redeeming about the book.

It's as if he wrote the second half of the book, sent it to a bunch of publishers, and then went back to write the first half where he explains everything and sets up the story. But he never bothered to remove the extensive redundant explanations in the second half. It wasn't worth his time, and this book isn't worth yours either. Just go watch the first Matrix movie, and save yourself the tedium.

14. Re: No subject Aug 6, 2005, 21:03 Fang

It was $10 more at BestBuy.

Also, I updated my DVD-ROM firmware (my CDRW was already updated) and I updated the SafeDisc drivers. This last install only gave me one MD5 Error. It was for "Operation Clean Sweep" 's client.zip. I'm going to try to get a clean copy of that from a friend.

I'll try your suggestions in a bit. Anyone else have this problem and know how to resolve it?

10. Re: BF2 Troubles Aug 6, 2005, 20:03 Fang

I used the default location, are you recommending that I put it somewhere else?

Also, I've tried many different servers, but they all give me the same error, saying that I have modified content. For example, it gave an md5 error on client.zip in one of the level folders. I tried opening it, but it says that its corrupted. I know I can open other zip files. I'll try loading that level in single player (assuming its a 16 player map).

I should mention that I tried a different CD-ROM drive, and I still get errors. Browsing the PlanetBattlefield forums, it seems that some ppl had success updating the firmware on their CDROM drives. So I guess I'll try that next. Sigh...

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 20:11.

7. BF2 Troubles Aug 6, 2005, 19:14 Fang

So I had some gift cards to burn at BB, so I picked up Battlefield 2 even though 1.03 isn't out yet.

Not surprisingly, I haven't been able to get it to play online yet. Each time I try to play it says that I have modified content and that I have to install the original version to play online. I've installed 1.02. Should I have not done that?

I tried reinstalling and patching to 1.02 again, but this time it said I had md5 errors when it was trying to install. This was right from the discs. I can load single player, but I notice that some textures are corrupt.

Anyone know what is causing this in BF2?

Thanks.

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Forum Search Aug 5, 2005, 23:23 Fang

Hey, is there a way to search through the forums? I remember someone posted a tip on how to remove the EA and Dice logo from the beginning of Battlefield 2. I'm trying to find it again.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: PR machines for MS and SONY Aug 3, 2005, 16:45 Fang

From what I heard MS say, they are basically providing the same compatibility that the PS2 provided for the PS1. In which, some older PS1 games didn't quite work on the PS2, but you still had the majority being compatible. Just awknowledging that there may be some technical difficulties that are inevitable when you change to a new generation.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. HTML error Aug 2, 2005, 12:22 Fang

Missing a "/a" tag.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Far Cry Xbox map editor Jul 23, 2005, 20:04 Fang

The Xbox is already networkable with the PC. If you have the "Xbox Music Mixer" you can transfer music and pictures to it. It wouldn't be that hard to have the same procedure in place to transfer created maps on the PC to the Xbox.

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo