Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: Soul-searching... May 18, 2006, 04:27 Fang

Silly me, everyone knows you can't drive to England.

Go for Europe instead.

More seriously,

Cape Cod. After about 9 PM, the place is dead. At least the places I've been.

Or Maine. It's actually only about 2 hours away. Take a ferry to an island (the islands are 5+ hours away), and get a row boat. I've done that before.

Or take the scenic route to New York City.

And do tell. At least a generality. Is it about a girl? A job? A guy??? A single noun phrase would be sufficient.

Another driving place idea: Lake Champlain in the Middlebury Vermont area. The lake is very tranquil. You can visit the Ben and Jerry's factory and get free ice cream. And visit the Bob Newhart Inn.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Soul-searching... May 18, 2006, 04:18 Fang

From Watertown?

Try England.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: History of console prices May 17, 2006, 03:14 Fang

It's also interesting to note which consoles failed and which didn't. After looking at that chart, if I were a betting man, I wouldn't bet on the PS3.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Mario Video Has Invincibility On May 3, 2006, 14:19 Fang

Bah, that Mario video is dumb. The guy has invincibility on. It's pretty blatant in the last level. He passes through fire wheels and octopusses on touched. Oh, and bounces off of Bowser's fire.

Gee, how fast can you run through any platformer when you have invincibility on? Really not that interesting.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Preloads Begin
50. Re: No subject May 2, 2006, 17:15 Fang

If games are more than 6-8 hours, I won't complete them. I just don't have the time, and I lose interest in the game play.

So I for one am glad that I can pay $18 for 6-8 hours, instead of $49 for 16-18 hours of which I will only get through 6-8 hours. And its in their best interests to make the game interesting enough for everyone to complete it, so they can play the next episode.

Come to think of it, I feel ripped off when game companies take 6-8 hour games, pad it to be 16-18 where its too boring to complete and then charge full price for it.

News Comments > BF2: Armored Fury Update
23. Re: interesting May 1, 2006, 23:34 Fang

Mexico has sustained its invasion of the United States for decades without any sea power since the Rio Grande is pretty shallow and not defended.

http://www.historyguy.com/Mexican-American_War.html

16. Re: Spiders May 1, 2006, 14:22 Fang

I thought you were talking about this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090525/

"Trust me, I know what I am doing."

22. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2006, 14:55 Fang

why would you need to heat hot water?)

You would need to heat hot water if you want to boil it (I heat hot water all the time, when I'm trying to cook). Or if the water is not hot enough. In fact, the hot water heater turns on all the time to continue to heat the already hot water, to keep it hot.

33. Re: AbsurdlyCool Freebie Finder Apr 12, 2006, 23:13 Fang

Are you propositioning me for sex? I like girl’s man.

What, you like a girl's man? Thanks for sharing.

Though I suspect you meant to say that you "like girls, man". Or is there something you are trying to share with everyone?

28. Climate of fear? Apr 12, 2006, 21:55 Fang

Hey Warhawk, this is for you:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008220

When will those MIT scientists learn to stop rocking the boat?

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Into the Black Apr 11, 2006, 00:41 Fang

What? No Into the Black?

33. Re: FoxTrot Apr 9, 2006, 21:58 Fang

Yeah, even though I mentioned R, I always end it using matlab instead for what I need. It's just faster for me to get something done in it, and most of my co-workers use it, so its easier for me to share with them if I'm also using matlab.

31. Re: FoxTrot Apr 9, 2006, 21:26 Fang

It is not the best program for that, but the pure statistical programs are like $10,000, and way to advanced for me.

Try using R, its free and pretty powerful.

http://www.r-project.org/

News Comments > Abyss Lights: Frozen Systems Revealed
2. Yellow's News Apr 8, 2006, 02:24 Fang

Hey, anyone else getting yellow headings (except for the first news item) in firefox here? I checked and its Blue in IE, but yellow in firefox.

News Comments > XP on Macs
23. Re: No subject Apr 5, 2006, 12:23 Fang

If I put WinXP Pro (which I would need) and their top display (better than Mac Book) I get 1874 which is still better than Apple's 2,499.

Then again, if I were to buy one I'd be tempted to get the MacBook just because I prefer OS X to Windows for regular work anyway. And I can dual boot later if I want.

Wow, that's an expensive OSX license.

1. Skunk Video Apr 4, 2006, 00:03 Fang

Is it just me, or did that skunk video seem fake to anyone else?

I can't place my finger on it, but the initial impression that I got from the film was that it was staged. Maybe it was the lines from the main woman on the film, they just seemed a little stilted.

News Comments > Steam Plans
29. Re: No subject Apr 2, 2006, 22:32 Fang

So then, go into Video Options -> Advanced -> High Dynamic Range and turn the HDR off. Or add "mat_bloom 0" and "mat_hdr_enabled 0" in the DoD config file. Ignorance is no excuse, it's not like you don't have options FFS. It takes less than a second to Google for a tweak (or just look in your game video settings). Cripes.

My goodness, someone has their panties in a twist. Yeah, we're just explaining why we have it off already. It's not a big deal, I'm not screaming and complaining about how Valve sucks. I just have HDR disabled when I play and I already stated my reasons why. What's the big deal to you?

His main points were the use of it in a multiplayer game, and Valve's specific implementations of it.

You need to calm down, take a deep breath, and go outside for a walk, before a "perceived" internet argument causes you to blow a blood vessel.

News Comments > Steam Plans
18. Re: No subject Apr 2, 2006, 01:26 Fang

Solip does have a point, Camaro. Sure, Lost Coast looked great, and the frame rate got the job done. But the key difference is that its a single player map. Where you have the luxury of watching the pretty lights, and can deal with the minor hiccups in framerates.

However, in the HDR I saw for DOD, I have to agree with Solip. It made everything look shiny and unrealistic. I haven't seen it in CS yet, but the extra hit on framerates, I can do without. I'm just not that interested in things that can degrade my performance while playing online, especially if I'm not all that impressed with the implementation of it. (Though I do make some exceptions, like anisotropic filtering; I can't stand bi or tri-linear filtering while playing).

Like adding physics to CS, was it really that great that you can shoot tires and watch them roll? As long as it didn't interfere with my playing experience, I wouldn't mind. HDR, in its current implementation, is interfering, at least with the Steam engine.

(Since we're discussing multiplayer games on the Steam engine, examples about single player games or Xbox 360 games don't really work well.)

16. Re: OT - Tankless water heaters Mar 27, 2006, 12:27 Fang

Maybe it's just me, but there's something truly disturbing about standing under a thing that's been hastily wired into the one bare lightbulb dangling from the ceiling and spraying water all over you.. Could be a Peru thing, I suppose, but my recommendation would be to build your bathroom to a slightly higher spec.!

When I was in Honduras, I heard that the nickname for these translates to "widow maker".

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo