Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Kansas trip - Oct 2, 2006, 11:23 Fang

You missed a great colts-jets game. In the first quarter, from the way the colts were man-handling the jets, I thought it was going to be a boring game. But it turned out to be one heck of a nail biter.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: No subject Sep 26, 2006, 11:04 Fang

Yeah, that whole iPod article is completely worthless and misleading.

CNET's tests have shown that AAC with DRM take 8% more battery life than MP3's. They haven't done tests without DRM, but its expected that AAC would still do worse since its a "heavier" codec.

And his whole "very long audio books" point misses the underlying technical issue completely. It's the harddrive thrashing that reduces the battery life. The iPod caches files to memory for what it expects to play in the near future. So if you frequently change what is to be played, or are playing large files that dont fit completely into memory, then the harddrive will spin up more often.

34. Re: No subject Sep 21, 2006, 15:26 Fang

Fight! Fight!

My money is on the squirrel murderer, er, I mean Batman.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: No subject Sep 20, 2006, 17:20 Fang

I see it as a boon for HD DVD playback. Even though there hasn't been an announcement for it yet, MS has said they will release the HDMI cable when there is a need for it. Obviously, with developers choosing to build games at 720p, we won't need it until the HDDVD addon is released.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=319&products_id=8540

So 360 + HDDVD = 1080p movie playback.

If you go with a core system, it prices the whole thing at $500. Hrmmm, that's a good argument for the significant other. Why spend $500 on just a standalone HDDVD player when you can get a 360 tossed in for free?

News Comments > Into the Black
25. Re: Bleh Sep 14, 2006, 11:55 Fang

Yeah, that Costco article was a joke. It sounded like he went in with the intention of writing a slam article on Costco about prices, but the facts didn't back him up, so he just complained about having things in bulk. Oh, and it being an "entertaining" place to shop.

I've had respect for Costco for not "optimizing" their profits by raising their prices once they have established market dominance, as some shareholders have wanted them to do. Best Buy did it, but its a bad business decision, especially with Costco's traditional clientele.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Today
20. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2006, 13:22 Fang

What was it before? I thought it was 10 for the 64. But I realize that I last knew awhile ago.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Source Plans
5. Re: CSS Aug 12, 2006, 16:43 Fang

What? Saying good things about a Valve game? I'll fix that:

Assley Pizt!
Assley Pizt!
Assley Pizt!

Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself

70. Re: Second Opinion Aug 9, 2006, 18:05 Fang

As to the next question, "what gives"... well, answering that would be more than I could allow myself to explain on this board without being pig-piled on by one-hundred thousand posts of snickering, skewering, pity, or further questioning out of curiosity. In other words, I'd rather not say here.

Ah, but the fact that you posted it again reveals that you really want to be asked about it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Okay, I'm not that nuts, but that just hits close to home...

EDIT: I just realized I've poured gasoline over the match that I'd lit in my own hand, so to speak. Ah well.

Since you seem to be trying to open up, I'll jump in. So are you suffering from some form of mental illness, (related to fear/paranoia) which interferes with you establishing romantic relationships with the fairer sex? If you are, if it helps, a close friend of mine suffers from something similar.

I don't think many realize that an estimated 20% of adults suffer from some form of mental disorder. It's safe to say that all families are impacted by it in some way.

News Comments > E3 Renamed, July Move Confirmed
12. Re: Enahs Aug 1, 2006, 00:12 Fang

...$485,000 house

Sigh, to live in a place where that's something to brag about. He obviously doesn't live in CA, DC, NYC, MA or WA. For a house at that price, I could live next door to gang members. Instead I get to rent a 3 bedroom townhouse whose market price is ~$750k.

16. Re: Big Storm in NJ Last Night Jul 19, 2006, 12:10 Fang

Can you summarize the scary parts for us lazy folks?

16. Re: Man Arrestetd for Doing 56mph Jul 16, 2006, 22:02 Fang

Don't believe it. Snow Crash is an excellent read.

It's an excellent read for those who only usually read comics and D&D manuals. It's overhyped tripe for the geek crowd.

Sure, the ideas might have been "cutting edge" for its time (pre-Matrix) which is the main reason the geek crowd loves it (english majors and writers they are not), but the actual writing is laborious and quite awful.

Heh, the later third of the book reads as if he wrote it first, then didn't even bother to go back and re-edit it once he finished the rest of the book.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: online ban... Jul 13, 2006, 00:14 Fang

Heheh, thank you, spume, for proving my point.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: online ban... Jul 12, 2006, 14:25 Fang

Gambling is for the mathematically challenged.

The government does have an interest in not having their population taken advantage of. Which is why we have the FTC and the BBB.

Or should we complain, "What business does the government have telling businesses how to run? If we want to take advantage of dumb consumers, then its our constitutional right!"

News Comments > America's Army Coop Plans
10. Re: Engine is dated Jul 12, 2006, 14:21 Fang

Yeah, the rest of us are freeloaders

Though I would point out, that this money either is being spent either way. It's just a choice of whether it be given to game developers or to large corporations who own tv stations in the form of ad dollars.
This comment was edited on Jul 12, 14:28.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - The Ship
32. Re: sold... Jul 12, 2006, 03:02 Fang

And again, my biggest gripe with steam, if I dont like it can I return it for a full refund? no, I see....

Yeah, that's why I always buy my games at EB Games or Best Buy. Because if I don't like it, I can return it... oh wait...

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - The Ship
26. Re: NPCs Jul 11, 2006, 20:33 Fang

Slight bug: Hitting a guy with a shovel while he was on the toilet on deck C, only to have him fly through the ceiling and land on deck A.

That is hilarious. This sounds like a truly unique game. Killing people while they are on the toilet

News Comments > Hellgate London Source Code Theft?
11. Re: Wow Jul 10, 2006, 21:33 Fang

It's naive to be surprised. Of course it happened again, and it will in the future too. What is there to learn that will completely protect you from break-ins while still using the internet? If you figured it out, you could make quite a bit of money from it consulting. Of course, the only guaranteed way is to take yourself off the 'net. No email, no web access, no nothing.

As long as you are connected, someone will find a way in, if they really want to get in. The question is can you catch them?

News Comments > BF2142: "A lot less buggy than Battlefield 2"
25. Re: No subject Jul 1, 2006, 01:23 Fang

Pitiful, just so you know, you are misquoting Franklin. It is sort of what was said, but the changes are important. Wiki it.

45. Re: Back from vacation Jun 26, 2006, 15:46 Fang

never been airsick in my life, but that flight it was a battle of the wills not to toss my cookies. We're talking INTENTLY staring at the grains of sand on the floor and studying them in detail, to try and distract myself.

Well, that would probably be why you got so sick. Motion sickness is caused by you feeling motion that does not line up with what you see. If your eyes are telling you should not be moving, but you are a great deal, then you WILL get sick.

Having cookies being tossed behind you, also exacerbates the problem. Just think of the aroma.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Guy robbed by Teen Girls Jun 25, 2006, 19:56 Fang

Well, what do you think he was expecting? To actually go somewhere where he could buy something? Yeah, a myspace "friend".

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo