Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Piracy versus PC Gaming
89. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2007, 01:57 Fang

Okay, basic economic principle here: the reason why a pirate wouldn't have bought the game is because it's not worth $X dollars to the pirate that they are charging for in the stores. That's just a statement of fact.

Now the question is why isn't it worth it? Is it because he can play quite a few other pirated games at a much lower cost (download time) ? If he/she didn't have other pirated games to play, how many games would he/she have bought instead?

Fundamentally, piracy is reducing the value of all PC games, because they can be obtained for a much reduced price. And how do you measure this loss to developers? It's not just specific lost sales, but an overall devaluation of their product.

Sure, they might not buy that particular game that they pirated, but if there weren't pirated software to entertain them, they would have bought something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two to be Longer (Too)
45. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2007, 18:58 Fang

No other industry takes 3 years to make something that is marketed directly to the consumer as a dramatic storytelling experience. Oh well.

Really? Read many books?

Heh, can you imagine fans going nuts because their favorite author still hasn't finished the next book in the series?

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two to be Longer (Too)
42. Re: No subject Mar 9, 2007, 18:29 Fang

This comment was edited on Mar 9, 18:30.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
18. Re: No subject Mar 8, 2007, 18:56 Fang

VogelAP,

Can you record only broadcast HD, or can you record the HD coming over cable/satellite also?

33. Re: No subject Mar 1, 2007, 20:46 Fang

Yeah, you shouldn't have started with SuSe if you are a linux noob. There are lots of distributions, and most are not targetted toward the average consumer, as you would measure it. However, that's why Ubuntu was created, to fill this gap.

And as for burning a CD, just get a free one here:
https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

You don't even have to install the OS to your harddrive, you can just boot off the CD.

So try that, and let us know if it changes your opinion since that's what you should have started with.

26. Re: No subject Mar 1, 2007, 17:51 Fang

What about modifying the board so that when the message gets deleted, it doesn't even say "Removed" anymore. It's just gone. He probably gets a kick out of seeing all the *Removed* messages. It's feedback for him, the stuff trolls love.

25. Re: Traffic Idiocy Feb 27, 2007, 15:05 Fang

You mean to solve the Global Warming problem, all we have to do is buy carbon offsets??

Heck, then why are we so worried? All we have to do is spend more money.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: FYI :) Feb 26, 2007, 23:42 Fang

This should be the link instead:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070227/ap_on_re_mi_ea/pakistan_kite_deaths_1

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Hilarious!! Feb 26, 2007, 23:10 Fang

Thanks, Z. I glad I didn't have to explain all of that.

WPA is the only way to go. WEP really should be removed from routers. WPA-PSK is just as easy to setup, so they should do everyone a favor and just drop it already.

Though I do run with SSID off, but only because I seem to have someone nearby running WPA password crackers 24/7 on all broadcasting SSID's. Once he figures out that there are hidden SSID's and makes it meaningless to have it hidden, then I'll broadcast it again.
This comment was edited on Feb 26, 23:10.

News Comments > Gold - Rag Doll Kung Fu
7. Re: innovative != fun Feb 2, 2007, 21:20 Fang

Which game developer do you work for, Riley?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: No subject Jan 25, 2007, 12:14 Fang

Yeah, trying to educate those consumers, how evil of those dastardly Republicans.

If people are too stupid to know what they are buying in terms of technology, then screw them, make them pay more money. Anything else is un-Democratic! (ie. Republican)

%)
This comment was edited on Jan 25, 12:15.

21. Re: No subject Jan 19, 2007, 18:13 Fang

You do have to admit that carjacking is much harder with a knife. I mean, if someone walks up to my closed window, late at night flashing a knife, I am flooring it. If he has a gun pointed at me through the glass, he can have my car.

31. Re: So Blue..... Jan 18, 2007, 16:01 Fang

I don't doubt that it works to alleviate their cold symptoms:

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2000/100_heal.html

Hey, what's wrong with placebos if they truly help people?

I'd gladly sell you some sugar pills, it fixes all kinds of things, from backaches to cold symptoms. But you have to take them right before the backache starts, otherwise it doesn't work.
This comment was edited on Jan 18, 16:02.

28. Re: Ugh - got a cold Jan 18, 2007, 15:22 Fang

I don't doubt that it works to alleviate their cold symptoms:

http://www.fda.gov/fdac/features/2000/100_heal.html

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: RIP Yvonne De Carlo Jan 11, 2007, 00:57 Fang

nin, you were close on 5. Try them both together.
This comment was edited on Jan 11, 01:04.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: No subject Jan 4, 2007, 14:24 Fang

Funny - they weren't required for their parents!

Now you're sounding like an old fogie.

Why, their parents had to walk uphill to school, both ways!

And these new fangled things called calculators, why, a slide rule was good enough for their parents, so its good enough for the kids. And don't get me started on computers.

No, heaven forbid that today's parents want to be able to keep in touch with their kids, especially in a big city like NYC.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
31. Re: No subject Jan 1, 2007, 12:32 Fang

Bravo, SMA. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten the discussion here at BluesNews.

It's nice to read a well thought out and studied discourse every now and then, and a surprise to find one here. Not to imply anything bad about the usual crowd here, but its a gaming, not a philosophy site.
This comment was edited on Jan 1, 12:34.

News Comments > BF2142 Patch Plans
27. Re: Nix the snipers Nov 4, 2006, 12:26 Fang

Because of people like you, the weapons in BF2 are all pea-shooters that are only accurate in a zoomed-in single-shot mode

Actually, in BF2 for $20 EA will let you have decent weapons. You just have to buy the expansion pack.

I can't wait for BF3, I hear the $50 base game comes just with a knife, and its only $5 each for more weapons.

9. Re: ugh - Oct 31, 2006, 12:38 Fang

What a horrible football game (great one if you are a PATs fan). I couldn't believe it - Vikes didn't even show up. Makes my hangover that much worse.

Woohoo! Go PATS!

News Comments > Triton Closes - Prey for a Solution
105. Re: I am so sick... Oct 9, 2006, 04:56 Fang

What's really amazing is how many words you guys get him to write. It's almost kind of sad.

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo