Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: t he Jul 7, 2007, 14:28 Fang

No, that would be 7/7/7777

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Gaming of Business
13. Re: Wow ;) Jun 29, 2007, 13:27 Fang

This "report" would hold more water if the authors were not MMO players and thus not overtly biased to find that all the time they waste... er, I mean, INVEST in WoW is getting them something else besides a level 60 character.

"What we've found is that success as a business leader may depend on skills as a gamer..."

Please. A game doesn't make you a great leader. If you've developed leadership abilities in real life, they will show through no matter what you are doing. Can you learn business leadership in a MMO? As much as you can learn poker from playing without real money. Or as much as CounterStrike prepares you for a career in the Navy SEALS.
(At least you can identify weapons...)

News Comments > EVE Online Expansion Next Week
8. Re: is this game Jun 15, 2007, 02:50 Fang

Or they felt that they couldn't confess to any more, without really losing their customers.

Oh, and think of all the things that may have gone on that we haven't even heard of. That's the real problem.

If they really want to have employees playing the game to fully understand the game mechanics, they should have employees whose sole responsibility is to play the game and who do not have GM privileges.

But it looks like they are addicted to their own game, so they won't quit.
This comment was edited on Jun 15, 02:52.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Here you go Jun 9, 2007, 03:18 Fang

Edmunds is actually a pretty good car info site. You should definitely read their tips and advice columns before you go out and buy a car.

They did a series a few years back called "Confessions of a Car Salesman" where they had a reporter go undercover as a car salesman. It's pretty interesting, and I could only smile when the car salesman tried the described tactics on me when I first bought a car.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html

14. Re: Game suggestions Jun 5, 2007, 15:48 Fang

Am I the only one who was bored of the first one? Is the second one the same old boring level designs?

So you didn't even play the second one? In my humble opinion, Halo 2 didn't have the same old boring design. It solved some of the deficiencies of the first game, but also lost some of the really great player experiences. So while I thought Halo 1 had some real highs and some real lows, Halo 2 was more uniform in quality, not as great in some areas, but not as bad in others. Except for the crappy ending.

Still I think it was worth playing. If you don't want to spend money on it, find a buddy who has it, and go through coop with him.

Though I was disappointed with Halo 2 multiplayer. IMHO, not as fun as Halo 1, but I like games where aiming is more important, so the Halo pistol nerf, and all the guns in BF2, have lost my interest.

4. Re: Best Tourists... May 24, 2007, 04:47 Fang

It probably says more about the people who would vacation in Orlando.

For Americans, its cheap to vacation there, vs. how much the int'l clientèle have to pay the larger airfare to get there. The survey probably tried to standardized it, by surveying more locations with that correlation in mind.

3. Re: Plant Extract May 23, 2007, 01:39 Fang

Read the secret text...

1. Plant Extract May 22, 2007, 22:39 Fang

Gasp! That plant extract can't work because there is no such thing as cannabis addiction! More scientists telling us lies! Next, they'll tell us we descended from monkeys!

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

3. Re: Firefox question. May 7, 2007, 19:59 Fang

Enahs, I can give you an answer but it is $500.

Alternatively, I'll take payment in the form of everytime you say you hate everyone, you have to make an exception for me.

News Comments > GameTap Expands
6. Re: No subject May 1, 2007, 14:27 Fang

I haven't signed up for it (I'm on a video game hiatus due to work and a new baby), but it looks like its more than just a legal version of MAME.

There were a lot of windows games I never got around to play that they have, like Sam and Max, and Homeworld. I would be interested in signing up someday.

3. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2007, 12:11 Fang

Bah, they didn't even make as much as the money manager for Renaissance Technologies. And that was just one guy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/24/business/24hedge.html

20. Re: Apr 25, 2007, 18:38 Fang

Even if it is uninhabitable and would kill me slowly and very painfully, I think if I had the opportunity to make it my next camping trip destination I would!

Well, if that's your criteria in choosing vacation spots, I'm sure you can book a trip to Chernobyl's reactor now, without having to wait for interstellar travel to catch up.

Rain or shine, I hear its quite warm year round!

8. Re: Laptop suggestions? Apr 24, 2007, 12:47 Fang

Yeah, its seems in their quest to cheapen their product, they made it not work very well anymore. I've been trying to use super glue, krazy glue, etc. for a while and nothing seems to be very strong anymore.

I'll have to check out Gorilla glue. Thanks for the tip.

News Comments > Steam Cracked?
28. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2007, 15:37 Fang

So who wants to bet which competing video game maker does Riley work for?

I think EA is unlikely. No, my guess its another FPS maker that has been overshadowed by HalfLife.

29. Re: ugh movies suc lately... Apr 9, 2007, 20:38 Fang

Check out The Illusionist. The wife and I were surprised at how much we enjoyed that movie.

Eh, I could see what was coming from a mile away. Sorry, it seemed too rehashed to me.

21. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2007, 15:12 Fang

But honestly, I have to side with OJ's team on this. This is just absurd. It's pretty much "No, how DARE you release this sick book about the death of our daughter. We forbid it... so WE can sell this sick / disgusting book about the death of our daughter."

Did you actually read the story? The daughter's family is against this. Maybe you should go back and read it a bit more carefully.

17. Re: Damn Adblock Plus Apr 3, 2007, 15:08 Fang

Seems ok, but I found myself having to disable it on the majority of pages I visited as it was screwing up the layout and blocking random images and movies.

That's not a problem with Adblock Plus, but the filters you have running for it. Did you customize your own filters, or did you use FilterSet.G? If its a problem with the filters, and you have FilterSet.G installed, then complain about that, not Adblock.

Personally, I just kept adding filters using wildcards until I never see any ads on any sites I go to anymore, and all the sites work great.

17. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2007, 12:27 Fang

Ah, Jim, you forget the blizzard we had on April 1st a few years ago. Talk about a prank for all New Englanders.

So knock on wood, its almost April.

33. Re: No subject Mar 28, 2007, 13:51 Fang

Blue, you should have taken some sugar pills. I hear they work wonders for colds. Much cheaper than that Cold-eze stuff, and just as effective.

News Comments > Piracy versus PC Gaming
174. Re: No subject Mar 10, 2007, 13:17 Fang

someone on the first page pretty much summed it up.

(a) any purchase has an opportunity cost
(b) people have unlimited wants
(c) if you can get something for free you can shift your purchasing power into another opportunity satisfying more wants
(d) humans have limited altruism and are more likely to satisfy their needs and desires and the needs and desires of friends and family before some faceless entity

Exactly right, Shai-Tan.

Fundamentally, piracy is reducing the value of all PC games, because they can be obtained for a much reduced price.

I'm assuming you are referring to the piracy that goes on the Asian territories.

No, my argument is true for all piracy. It's just standard economics taught in Microeconomics 101. To truly understand piracy's impact on the PC gaming industry, you at least have to apply some basic economic theory. Have you taken a basic economics course in college?

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo