Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Braid Aug 8, 2008, 17:41 Fang

Check out todays PA.

While I will agree with them, their status as developers of another XBLA game might be influencing their viewpoint. Of course, my status as a developer of high priced software (not a game) probably influences me in agreeing with them.
This comment was edited on Aug 8, 17:42.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Afternoon Consolidation
4. Re: No subject Aug 8, 2008, 14:02 Fang

It all makes sense now:

-Favre on the Madden '09 cover
-Favre joining the Jets
-The Jets Offensive line
-The Madden cover curse...

Poor guy. Here's hoping he comes out okay and not like Namath.

News Comments > Valve on Being Acquired
38. Re: No subject Aug 5, 2008, 21:41 Fang

Interestingly, no one has mentioned Microsoft as a potential buyer...

Given Valve's founders history with Microsoft, and Valve's commitment to the Windows platform and the 360, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some interest.

They would have to merge Games for Windows Live and Steam, but given how GfW Live is going, that should be pretty easy. (ie. shut it down and switch everything over to Steam).

2. Re: Twilight zone Aug 2, 2008, 01:26 Fang

I think the Out of the Blue postings are occurring to soon after the Into the Black posting.

I almost missed the fact that there was news listed yesterday that I hadn't seen.

I think it works better when its spaced out more evenly like before. Just my two cents, since you asked for our feedback.

If you want to read news in the morning when you wake up, readers can view Into the Black.

News Comments > Devil May Cry 4 Cries Piracy
33. Re: This is retarded... Aug 1, 2008, 11:46 Fang

Like Hollywood, with its record revenue last year

Once most people can recreate the movie theater in their own homes (I think it will be awhile) then we'll see P2P really start hurting Hollywood.

News Comments > Mobilization
6. Re: No subject Jul 30, 2008, 15:37 Fang

I'd be more interested in the touch if it had email capabilities.

If it could do email, it could probably do VOIP... and you can see where that leads: to the iPhone.

News Comments > Project Origin Details
23. Re: No subject Jul 19, 2008, 12:47 Fang

the first game's story made no sense. hope they hire a writer this time.

Looks like it will be more regurgitated tripe again.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Eternal Sonata? Jul 18, 2008, 15:46 Fang

Also, Xbox had a profitable year? I thought it was billions of dollars in loss right now like PS3. I know they loss over a billion alone in RRODs

That was last year. It's a new year. They would have been profitable last year, too, except for the RROD's.

20. Re: No subject Jul 17, 2008, 14:50 Fang

anyone ever heard of Pandora Radio? a buddy of mine sent me the link - www.pandora.com and i gotta say that it's pretty frickin cool. i haven't seen any limitations (other than it can't be played on my phone yet), but it's really nifty.

I take it you don't have an iPhone. I saw a report saying that it was one of the most popular apps for it.

News Comments > Bungie Announcement Derailed
16. Re: When... Jul 16, 2008, 14:27 Fang

When did giving information to end users, the people you want to buy your product, become such a terrible thing?

When the game the PR is for, is so far out that starting hype now will just cause it to be overhyped and overshadow other properties that will be released sooner and you want others to be excited about.

DNF being an extreme example.

I'm not saying I agree with their decision, since I don't know all the details (and neither does the general public).

News Comments > id Software Q&A
13. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2008, 14:23 Fang

Go the F away already....

Batman, why are you pissed that Carmack is doing cross-platform console games now? I thought you picked one up now, too.

I mean, are you fine with Valve doing it, but just not Carmack?

News Comments > Xbox Exclusive Portal Game
27. Re: ... Jul 14, 2008, 19:23 Fang

Seriously, lets discuss the gaming news without the personal attacks, okay?

Haha Blue, this is the internet we're talking about here.

24. Re: No subject Jul 12, 2008, 02:28 Fang

But, I still won't play a shit game weather it has co-op or not.

Oh, but coop can make even bad games a lot of fun. For example, the Conflict series. They aren't that good at all. However, I've had a blast playing it with my buddies. I wouldn't touch it if I was by myself, but back when splitscreen coop was tough to find, it was a great game to play.

You should give bad games a try, if they have coop. As long as you have someone real to play it with.

I usually coordinate my game rentals with a buddy of mine. We're going through Vegas 2 right now.
This comment was edited on Jul 12, 02:34.

23. Re: No subject Jul 12, 2008, 02:23 Fang

I'm just picking DOOM at random; what game do you think didn't have co-op?

Games that did not have coop for the main campaign OTB:

Half-Life 1-2
Dues Ex 1-2
System Shock
Bioshock
Doom 3
Far Cry
Crysis
Call of Duty 2,4

There may be more, but those are the ones I checked quickly. User mods miss the point, since they come out so much later than the game, you can't play the game the first time through with a buddy.

What you see is that most modern PC FPS's generally do not include it. Why? Because it's much more difficult when you have story-line scripting. Back in the day when you could just toss everyone into a map with a couple of enemies and wait until they get to the exit, it was easy to add coop to FPS's.

However, people have a tendency to play consoles with other people, since they are usually in the living room. So there is a strong demand for split-screen coop. Online coop is just a one-off then.

But the lonely PC guy in the study or basement (as stereotyped by the designers) usually plays by himself or will be satisfied with vs. multiplayer. And that's a lot easier to do than to have to design the campaign to support coop when you don't have to.

I'll ask the question again, what great, *recent* PC FPS has coop? I'd love to check it out.
This comment was edited on Jul 12, 02:34.

9. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2008, 17:19 Fang

GoW was first out of the gate, the comments about TF2 and CoD4 were not very positive from those who RAVE about GoW....

Well, that is a small minority compared to those who RAVE about CoD4.

For the week of June 30th:
Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UUs)
1 Call of Duty 4
2 Halo 3
3 GTA IV
4 Guitar Hero III
5 Gears of War

And the Orange Box got a Metacritic score of 96 on the Xbox 360.

So do you mean, console kiddies who have never played real shooters that are readily available on their console must be the only ones excited about GoW?

Personally, I've never played GoW, so don't think I'm trying to defend it. I'm just pointing out the errors in your reasoning.

I know that PC FPS players like to look down on console FPS players, but I think one thing that PC FPS's are lacking that consoles have done very well is coop play.

Take for example, Halo 3 and GoW, two games that have done really well on the console. PC players like to trash those games, but I think part of the reason why they did so well is because they did coop really well.

But think of all the ground-breaking PC FPS games that have come out. Most of them did not include coop. And for a lot of people, that really adds to the fun factor, playing with their friends cooperatively.

7. Re: No subject Jul 11, 2008, 15:36 Fang

Well, console kiddies have never played A REAL shooter - so to them it is the cat's ass. I laugh uncontrollably anytime I see comments that it is the best game ever and they spew crap about the next game. It gives me delight in how dumb the populace is.

You don't consider CoD4 and TF2 to be real shooters? Maybe you mean console kiddies have never played with a mouse and keyboard? But that's a pretty broad brush, and they most likely have.

10. Re: No subject Jul 9, 2008, 15:33 Fang

Houses without central cooling or any sort of AC seem unfathomable to me. I suppose that's one of the many dangers of living in the south.

No, it's one of the dangers of living in the north. When the mode of thinking up here is: it's only really hot a few months of the year, why spend the money for AC?

When I lived in the south, everyone had AC. It's just not livable without it.

When I was house shopping in Boston, I made my two criteria be that it had to have AC and a dishwasher. That eliminated ~80% of the houses I was looking at.

When I was thinking of relocating to Virginia, I told that those were my two criteria to the realtor, and he laughed and said that practically every house on the market would have that.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
29. Re: No subject Jul 8, 2008, 19:19 Fang

Thats what I am asking.....there are a TON of channels that aren't digital/HD/bla bla bla. Will they just get upscaled to look like shit? Or just be dropped? Or is it a bait and switch, ie: "Yeah, you have digital cable, but it looks exactly the same as analog cable tv".

If they are dropped, I can imagine there will be a huge losses for cable companies when they no longer offer the "insert # of channels here" options and you only get half of the channels you were paying for.....

Don't get digital TV confused with HDTV. The standard definition channels are already sent as digital to the digital subscribers. So if you have a digital cable box, those standard def. channels will continue to look the same to you, even if the cable companies drop their analog signal.

It's analog vs. digital, not analog vs. high def.

News Comments > On Infinity Ward's Future
12. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2008, 19:29 Fang

Actually, health packs ARE a better way. With regenerating health, the player is encouraged to play the "sit-and-hide" game instead actually playing the game.

As opposed to the "save and reload every 2 minutes" game?

CoD4 did it well with the auto-respawning enemies, since you can't just hide to regen your health, the enemies come back. You have to play well and push through. Plus, you don't have to hunt for health packs, (because that's oh so much fun).

News Comments > Mobilization
8. Re: No subject Jul 6, 2008, 20:41 Fang

Those are just convenient features I like.
I have never once sent a text message on a phone... nor do I see the need for a lot of this other crap on phones.

Like the other features, don't knock it until you try it. Otherwise, you're just an old foggie like the previous complainer.

That's like old guys complaining about email. "If I want to send a message, I'll pick up the phone and call."

I see texting as just a variant of email. And there is a reason why Blackberries are called Crackberries. Get one of those, and then tell me that texting/email from a phone is pointless.

And if you drove in Boston, you would know that having a GPS makes driving so much more manageable. What good is a map if the streets aren't labeled?

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo