Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
30. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 2, 2009, 14:37 Fang

Like the other guys said, we're not "defending" Xbox, we're just pointing out your obvious bias.

I just wrote a half page slam not too long ago how I thought Killzone 2 wasn't that good game play wise, but a good demo of the system.

Then that's not really a slam, it's called justification. If you want to post screeds against MS on internet forums, go ahead. Just don't delude yourself that you are presenting a "fair and balanced" view point. You come across like Fox News (ie. anything but).

I mean, come on, you claim to use the PS3 for 5 hours a day (or 10 if you are using both PS3's in different locations). Of course you're going to be biased, if an object is that much a center of your life.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 2009, 14:40.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 2, 2009, 07:31 Fang

Anyone sees this as the outcome:
Watch 10 seconds of the movie
Buffering...
Watch the next 10 seconds
Buffering...
etc.

Actually, slow Fios should be just fine (10 mb/s) as I believe they stated 8 mb/s is needed for full 1080p streaming for their system.

And it doesn't go into buffering, it reduces your resolution until it catches up. It's not like it's new unproven tech that can't possibly work. It's been deployed before. Check out ABC's HD instant streaming (it's how I watch Lost) to get a feel for the technology. It works pretty well.

20. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 2, 2009, 07:26 Fang

I still have 2 60 gb PS3s that have been played over 5 hours each per day.

Thanks for clarifying your bias. Tell me, do you also write for the sonydefenseforce.com?

News Comments > Return(s) to Monkey Island
15. Re: Return(s) to Monkey Island Jun 1, 2009, 15:26 Fang

I'd rather see the gaming industry start remaking great games from the past and charge peanuts for them instead of seeing the new stuff they are releasing lately at $50-$60.

And that would provide a difference service than gog.com?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2009, 15:33 Fang

What if it's old used water? What if its captured water? What if you live on the coast near where all the fresh water gets dumped into the ocean?  

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed May 22, 2009, 12:59 Fang

Let me fix that for you.

It's just hard to be reasonable and get on TV.

Be free, and cancel your cable!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2009, 16:11 Fang

people tend to fall back into a mode where they always want parents (or authority) of some kind telling them what is what, how to think and what to do..

Don't think that you alone are immune. It's easy to scoff at the other lemmings as you follow your own group off a cliff.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 15, 2009, 14:05 Fang

Not yet, I did catch Star Trek though. I'll probably wait for the DVD.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Details
7. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Details May 14, 2009, 15:39 Fang

Yeah, but memorizing enemy locations and killing them from a distance before moving on also makes for a poor game experience.

I realize that you are not advocating the old method, but I'm just pointing out that it's an improvement on how things used to be.

But here's to the continued advancement of immersive gameplay.

8. Re: Speaking of movies.. May 11, 2009, 16:58 Fang

I have *no idea* how it has a 96% on RT, as it's more of a %60-70%.

Because RT is not an average of "scores" like on game review compilation sites. RT says that 96% of reviewers liked the movie, not that they thought it was better than Citizen Kane and thus had a score of "96%".

It would be nonsensical to claim that only 60-70% of reviewers should have liked the movie, so I'm assuming that you have a flawed interpretation of RT scores.

4. Re: Speaking of movies.. May 11, 2009, 02:50 Fang

The Half Elf, you should have watched this review of the film before going to see it to get your expectations right. This review makes quite a bit more sense to me given your comments about Star Trek.

Star Trek Review

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Apr 24, 2009, 11:54 Fang

As a huge fan, though, all I could do was wait for AHL. I was dying for that game. CS came first.

You do know that Minh Le and Jess Cliffe (the creators of CS) were members of the AQ2 team, right? I was a big fan of AQ2 also, but I always viewed CS as the sequel to AQ2, even though Minh wasn't the leader of the AQ2 team. More like the sequel in spirit, the next step in evolution that AQ2 began. I guess more accurately, it's a continuation of Minh's work, which it seems we were a fan of.

17. Re: Ok I did it.. Apr 23, 2009, 20:49 Fang

I asked Doug Lombardi about this and he explained that the game is on sale at retail at the moment.

Thanks for the quick reporting from Doug. Though that does sound a little fishy.

It's interesting that retail places aren't advertising it as a "sale", for example Amazon says it's on sale for $26.99 from the regular price of $29.99. You would have thought they would have said $39.99, if it's supposed to be a time-limited sale. Best Buy is the same way and has it advertised as $29.99 regular price. Usually if it's a sale, they note it on the site.

I wonder if it's more of a case of the fact that retail and Steam do not have the same price schedule and there will be cases where retail will drop faster than Steam.

edit:
I just did a quick check on Gamestop, and noticed that a GOTY edition is coming out for L4D. My guess is that retailers are trying to get rid of "old" boxed copies of L4D for the new edition that's coming out.

So you could call it a "sale" that they are dropping the standard retail price to clear out the old box art. The user gets the same exact license for Left 4 Dead.

12. Re: Ok I did it.. Apr 23, 2009, 13:09 Fang

Hrmmm, the retail price for L4D is $29.99. Why is Steam $10 more expensive than retail?

I can understand if they have to charge full retail due to their partners, but 33% more than retail??

3. Re: Ok I did it.. Apr 23, 2009, 03:08 Fang

Then why did you complete the sale?

It's not like you were going to play it right away. You should have come back after work, and yelled at the manager.

5. Re: sensationalistic journalism? Apr 20, 2009, 11:00 Fang

That SF Gate article is still full of crap. It seems that the writer is still operating under the assumption that they were "outcasts of society" who were trying to "express" their emotion.

No, they were sociopaths. That's it. They were bullies. The writer wants to blame the way we structure our "economy" for the mass killings. Nope, just like gun control and video games, it's a straw man excuse.

Europe has a strong social/welfare state (with limited spending on defense) with stringent gun control and tough censureship on video games, surely they have solved the mass killings problem, right?

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2009, 04:14 Fang

I've seen other people complain about the "massive" cliffhanger but I don't get it. I thought it resolved nicely. What cliffhanger? Sure, there's always more to the story (human resistance, etc.) but we were left with (spoiler) John joining the resistance in the future. I assume its the beginning of his journey in becoming their leader.

Of course, this is assuming that T3 is outside the canon of the terminator universe and this is how he joins the resistance. It's a nice lead in to the new movie where we jump to many years in the future.
So I think the show had a rather satisfying ending.

News Comments > Raven: Wolfenstein "Not a WWII Game"
7. Re: Raven: Wolfenstein Apr 6, 2009, 16:23 Fang

Ah yes, that game was a ton of fun. The best part is not playing the game as designed but turning on realistic damage and giving yourself a lightsaber right from the beginning.

Being able to throw a spinning light saber was amazing.

News Comments > PAX East Early Registration
2. Re: PAX East Early Registration Apr 3, 2009, 17:09 Fang

Like New York?

Probably has to do with the number of college students in Boston.

Though if they wanted something geographically centered on the east coast, that would probably be the DC area.

But you know those gov't bureaucrats, what a bunch of hard core gamers.

News Comments > OnLive on Skeptics
72. Re: OnLive on Skeptics Apr 2, 2009, 14:57 Fang

So now you're saying we are right, but are arguing semantics to claim we're ignorant anyway?

You answered your own question. If you don't understand the terminology and the fact that one is relatively easy to solve and not "impossible" like so many here have claimed, and the other is rather difficult to solve (which Valve and Cisco tried to address at one point, but never got off the ground); well, I don't have time to help you.

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo