Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Xbox LIVE Hacking?
11. Re: Xbox LIVE Hacking? Oct 14, 2011, 14:06 Fang

You can do either way on Amazon. But instant codes are never on sale. Amazon will have the cards are deep discounts during the year.

Instead, I've gone with a family membership. That way my brother and I each get it for $50 per year, and we each get an extra account to use.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 14, 2011, 14:02 Fang

I certainly hope so. It's all about improving.

Once you stop improving, you start going senile. Look at all those old folks who don't play video games.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
38. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2011, 16:28 Fang

The outfit Apple bought wasn't focused on making PC cpu's (hence Creston's comment) but cpu's to be used in things like iPhone's and iPad's.  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 13, 2011, 16:26 Fang

Now I'm really curious which HTML editor you are using.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 12, 2011, 16:52 Fang

I got a really comfy couch.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2011, 20:20 Fang

I can't say that I've been here since the beginning. I only started reading Blue's News daily since Dec '96.

To be honest, my tastes have changed since then. I'm glad you kept the the Tech News and Metaverse type stuff. I used to build my own pc's and follow gaming news closely. But now all I really have time for to to pop in a console game (COD or Toy Story with the kids).

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2011, 00:00 Fang

That's a lot to say that there was nothing said.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 13, 2011, 23:08 Fang

That's why I got a passive 3D TV. $4 glasses.

No ghosting, no headache, impressive 3d picture. The only drawback is that the picture is interlaced instead of 1080p with passive 3D. But at the 14 feet back that my couch is from my 65" tv, you can't see the interlacing.

News Comments > 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders
7. Re: 1.25 Million BF3 Preorders Sep 7, 2011, 21:57 Fang

Never played the first two, how does the Blue's crew rate the previous two incarnations?

They called Battlefield: Bad Company 2 it's predecessor, which implies that there are 5 previous incarnations.

But of the ones that you are referring to:

Battlefield 1 (aka 1942) was okay, but the Desert Combat mod was amazing. It seemed to usher in the modern warfare game type.

Battlefield 2 - It had some flaws, but it was the most popular modern combat game at the time. I played many hours of it.

The other three games are Battlefield Vietnam, Bad Company 1, and Bad Company 2.

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
10. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 21:03 Fang

But but but... OnLive breaks the laws of physics! The coupon is a lie!  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2011, 16:15 Fang

This is bizzare! The first thing I thought of when I woke today was how terrible it was that our country did this. I had no idea that today was the anniversary. Spooky.

Here's an interesting article about the subject.

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/articles/2011/08/07/why_did_japan_surrender/

Some of the points of the article, obviously debatable:
-Cities were wiped out and many more civilians were killed/horribly injured using conventional firebombing, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are only noted because they were new "novel" weapons.
-Because of this, Japanese leaders didn't care that another of their cities were destroyed, they could care less about their civilians. They were instructed to fight to the death with bambo sticks.
-They also were not ready to surrender before the bombs were dropped.
-They surrendered when the Soviet Union began their invasion because they thought they would get a better deal from the US than the Soviets.
-My question: did the dropping of the bomb accelerate the Soviet's entry into the theater?

News Comments > Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed
18. Re: Call of Duty Paid Service Revealed May 31, 2011, 11:27 Fang

I really don't get it. It seems like it has to be one of two situations:

You are forgetting a third option:

3) A new "game/service" that sits on top of Black Ops. Everything stays the same on Black Ops with no charge, but you can subscribe to something completely "new" that's integrated with the standard play experience.

What that could possibly be that would compelling enough to pay money for, I have no idea. Maybe a MMO-type campaign mode that individual battles impact.

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed May 6, 2011, 15:16 Fang

They want you to buy the Family Gold pack, which for the price of 2 gold accounts, they give you 4 accounts. FWIW, that's their solution.

But it's still a pain the ass if you have two Xboxes. I have a "family" xbox on my main TV, and my personal xbox in my office. If I try to play with my kids on the family Xbox, I have to keep my account on a USB stick.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2011, 21:44 Fang

So who's this William and Kate?  

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 19, 2011, 22:29 Fang

Better not have any or anymore kids

Are you kidding? You'll be like 70 or 80 years old. You better have lots of kids so you'll have a small army to protect you. Wait... yeah... you better not have any more kids... That'll leave more resources for my army.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2011, 21:31 Fang

You are right, I misspoke. What I should have said was:

"Being a picky eater or not is all about mindset. You are not born with food acceptances. All food acceptances are acquired. Once you accept that, you won't be fussy."

All those studies are about sensing the bitter compounds of PTC and PROP. That's a small component of the wide ranges of foods out there. But that's beside the point. My point is that you can learn to like a taste, even if it's bitter. You just have to eat enough of it, and eventually you will like it.

For example, I think olives are very bitter. In fact, I don't enjoy the taste of olives much at all. Yet, I've come to like eating olives. I've just acquired the taste of eating something bitter.

On the other hand, there's this mindset that all tastes are genetic (as opposed to just the thoroughly studied PTC and PROP chemicals). So I knew someone who was adamant that they did not like peaches. They claimed it was just a part of their genetic makeup, their "taste" signature if you will. I asked them when was the last time they had a peach. They couldn't answer, and soon realized they don't even remember eating a peach, they just knew they didn't like them. To me, that's just sad, especially with such a sweet and wonderful fruit. I did eventually get them to try a perfectly ripened Georgia peach and opened their eyes.

And at the other extreme, go eat authentic Korean food. I mean authentic, not the stuff Koreans will politely serve you because they know you are an American. If you really get into their culture, you'll realize many of their foods "taste" terrible but they have all learned to love it. You can too if you commit to it.

So we have Blue here who has this life long aversion to fish. I can understand childhood trauma, it's an acceptable excuse in my mind. But how many years have gone by where he didn't try it and missed out on some great food?

For a widely accepted food, you can learn to like it too, no matter what your genes say.

Except for liver. No body likes liver and you shouldn't even try.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 9, 2011, 15:31 Fang

[All in all I'm a pretty fussy eater, but then again I seem to love some things like broccoli, brussel sprouts, endive, et al. that a lot of people hate. My understanding is this has to do with a specific gene that activates, or doesn't, in everyone.
If you are talking about being a fussy eater being genetic, then I'm going to say bullshit.

Being a picky eater or no is all about mindset. You are not born with food tastes. All tastes are acquired. Once you accept that, you won't be fussy.

News Comments > 3D DOOM Movie Reboot?
4. Re: 3D DOOM Movie Reboot? Mar 9, 2011, 15:18 Fang

Hey, I wouldn't mind if they did a reboot of the sequels. A do-over. Part 2 and 3 were really bad. As it is, I just pretend there is only one Matrix movie.  

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Mar 8, 2011, 21:58 Fang

The right solution is to make games shorter, and cheaper, and release more of them. Wins all around

The story is short, so those of us with limited time to play can actually get through the story. Cheaper, so more people buy the game, and since it's shorter, it should reduce the production time and you can release more games using the same engine.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Feb 26, 2011, 18:42 Fang

My prediction is that once OnLive reaches wide acceptance or even if it doesn't (the publishers don't care if you can't play it, its about the bottom line), the games will just not be released anymore except to cloud services.

If piracy is that big of a deal to the publishers, then there are ways of solving it.

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo