Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Two Modern Warfare Map Packs
3. Re: Two Modern Warfare Map Packs Aug 7, 2009, 14:26 Fang

Right, but they already know how many Treyarch sold, and they also know how many they sold for COD4. So they have a good sense right now how wildly successful each map pack will be. And even with those numbers, they think they can maximize their profits with 2 map packs.

They also have a good sense on how much they would expect MW3 to sell also. It's about planning and the use of resources to maximize their profit. Having the resources devoted to MW3 and limiting the number of map packs to 2 is what they are indicating would be best for them.

And changing plans due to poor planning can hamper execution and quality (having to hire a new team to create more mappacks as your original team makes MW3). Maximizing profits is about planning with correct foresight.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Two Modern Warfare Map Packs
1. Re: Two Modern Warfare Map Packs Aug 7, 2009, 12:45 Fang

Well, they only planned one for COD4, and while it was wildly successful, they still only released one. That's because their resources went into making Modern Warfare 2. So I find it hard to imagine that they will make a third even if the first two are wildly successful, because they will be making Modern Warfare 3.

If they want to make a third, they have to plan now to expand their team. Since they aren't, I doubt we'll see a third.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: 100k congrats Jul 31, 2009, 16:31 Fang

Has anyone figured out level 31 on Splitter 2? I managed to get the rest, but that one has me stumped.  

8. Re: Television recommendations Jul 30, 2009, 13:21 Fang

Sounds like you want a Vizio. Except they come in at 42" at that price point, can you deal with that extra size? Or does it have to fit somewhere?

You can order online at Costco.com or Walmart.com, or you can just go to a local store.

There is a 37" - 1080p one for $570, or you can get a 42" for $800-$900. I'm in the market too for about the same specs, and that's what I'm considering right now.

Anyone know how the input lag is on these Vizios? (which is separate from refresh rate, and is usually not quoted anywhere)

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: WoW is Killing Itself Jul 16, 2009, 14:35 Fang

The Civil War is still a touchy subject? Maybe if you're a deep south redneck that still believes the Confederacy never lost and the war is still ongoing.

There's more people than you think that are still bitter that the Confederacy lost. To them, the Civil War was all Lincoln's fault.

News Comments > Windows Natal?
24. Re: Windows Natal? Jul 15, 2009, 15:54 Fang

How is TrackIR not relevant? It's about motion sensing (albeit only motion tracking your head) and it's marketed especially for games.

That seems to be relevant to both this topic and this site in general.

18. Re: Programmer Cake Jul 13, 2009, 16:18 Fang

Man, Ace Combat 6 has been sitting on my shelf for months. I can't get myself to stop playing COD4.  

News Comments > Op Ed
43. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2009, 01:50 Fang

But the publishers know how much they sell online for their own games. The fact that they are still abandoning the platform is telling.

Ah, unstated online sales... the great hope of PC gamers everywhere.

PC gamers: too busy playing pirated games to buy yours.

News Comments > EVE Bank Robbery
20. Re: EVE Bank Robbery Jul 4, 2009, 09:07 Fang

Are you talking about the BoB overthrow? Oh, that must be why when the developers investigated they restored everything... oh wait, they declared that it was a part of the game mechanics? Hmm, I guess the article was accurate after all or the developers where in on it!

PS. Like the other above poster, I don't play, but I've enjoyed reading about the Great Wars.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 17:03 Fang

Ah, figured it out, on level 46 you can't use all 3 shots. Do it in only 2 and you will pass.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 01:25 Fang

46 seems to be bugged for me too. If I kill the asteroid and don't hit the bonus, I don't lose a life but still have to replay the level. If I kill the asteroid and hit the bonus, I gain 3 lives and still have to replay the level.

If I was consistent, I could get a ton of lives, but it's hard to get the timing exact each time. But of course, I can't go on, so the lives are worthless even if I could.

Still, those 46 levels were really addicting.

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2009, 01:26.

News Comments > Metaverse
3. Re: Metaverse Jun 27, 2009, 20:42 Fang

Wait, which is it, over-the-air or cable/satellite that's bad in your opinion?

Over the air, which gives you 15 channels (including the 4 major networks), free, can be recorded with a mythTv box and all commercials removed.

or

Cable/Satellite, 200+ channels, costs an arm and a leg each month, can't be recorded at all with a mythTv box and where commercial skipping is no where near as capable.

That may give you a hint as to what I picked. An HDHomeRun tuner + an old computer I had, coupled with a ClearStream antenna, and it gives me all the shows I watch at no monthly charge. (Though I did launch Hulu to watch Battlestar Galactica, still free).

News Comments > Valve Adds Novint Falcon Support
15. Re: Valve Adds Novint Falcon Support Jun 23, 2009, 22:57 Fang

Okay, I'll admit the same thing, but it was with BF2 instead of BF1942.

My wife drew the line though when I was screaming at my teammates on CS that the enemy was mass rushing the bridge on aztec. Hey, I was the lone guy there.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jun 17, 2009, 15:52 Fang

And I was even more confused because I didn't see the obvious question being raised.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jun 16, 2009, 21:06 Fang

I'm sorry, are you saying that this statement is an example of circular reasoning, or did you mean to say "Raising the obvious question"?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 15, 2009, 17:41 Fang

For 100 bucks ya think they could make that thing at least look like it wasn't made from the old IBM keyboard material.

From reading reviews, it sounds like they had black and green ones, but those were the old versions (the first version, black, was reported as laggy). The yellow one is the latest. Just FYI, so you don't end up with an old product.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 15, 2009, 15:45 Fang

Mouse and Keyboard support has been around for Xboxes for quite some time. Just not from Microsoft.

http://www.xcmlive.com/cgi-bin/xcmlive/engine.pl?function=viewid&id=RKS000142&cat=XBOX360-CABLES%20AND%20ADAPTERS

You'll probably want a VGA cable if you are playing at your desk.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2009, 15:47.

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Details?
12. Re: Max Payne 3 Details? Jun 10, 2009, 22:50 Fang

Maybe it's taking cover behind chest high walls THEN diving around with bullet time? Sounds like Max Payne to me.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 8, 2009, 19:56 Fang

Here's a NYTimes article on Freeman Dyson, famed physicist, and his thoughts on global warming. Pretty intriguing:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/29/magazine/29Dyson-t.html

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Jun 4, 2009, 23:03 Fang

See? I told you guys OnLive would never work.

/sarcasm

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo