Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Fang

Real Name Fang   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Fang
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 19, 2000, 18:39
Total Comments 1079 (Pro)
User ID 6315

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2010, 21:06 Fang

kxmode wrote on Feb 16, 2010, 18:45:
strich wrote on Feb 16, 2010, 13:46:
Did you guys see the countdown?

http://www.flynnlives.com/zerohour/

or is this old news?

Is this the final countdown?

It's the final countdown
We're leaving together
The final countdown

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2010, 15:56 Fang

One draw back to an Aeropress, once you have one, you never want to drink drip coffee again.

However, it takes more time to make, and if you are running late in the morning, I end up rather skipping coffee than making something fast in the drip. Then I end up picking up a cup at a coffee shop.

Maybe as I have it longer, I can make it faster.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2010, 15:57.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 26, 2010, 15:52 Fang

Yeah, it's about convenience.

I just bought a Keurig for my in-laws. It is very convenient when you want to make just one cup of coffee.

However, for my self, I got an Aeropress.

http://www.amazon.com/AeroPress-Coffee-and-Espresso-Maker/dp/B000GXZ2GS

It really does make excellent coffee. Of course, you are effectively hand-pressing espresso shots, so there is some art involved (ie. you can't just press a button like a drip coffee maker). Also, there is no grit like in a french press, and no danger of overbrewing.

And I find the grind is even more important. Maybe because the espresso shots are so smooth and clean, you can really taste the nuance of the grind. So I'd really recommend a burr grinder or buying imported ground espresso.

Personally, I've ended up buying imported ground italian espresso along with some Bustelo (cuban-style espresso, very strong, very caffeinated). It's actually fairly cost-effective and it makes some of the best coffee I've had.

News Comments > On OnLive Testing
6. Re: On OnLive Testing Jan 23, 2010, 01:45 Fang

So great, now we know that if you live 2,500 miles away from the server, it will be too laggy to play. Yeah, that's a helpful article, since that isn't even an option with their service.

No, a real journalist would have kept trying until he got a login to the East Coast server, and then written a worthwhile article.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2010, 01:46.

4. Re: On OnLive Testing Jan 23, 2010, 00:34 Fang

If you read the article, you'll see that's it's just for the closed beta that wireless is not supported initially. You realize this is the testing phase. Of course, they will want to roll things out slowly. They don't want to waste time with initial testers complaining about lag when it's their distance from their AP.

Make them test with a hardwire first, then try out the wireless.

Also, if you read the article, he is on the East Coast, and he was using a "borrowed" login which connected him to the West Coast server. And he's complaining about lag when his signal has to traverse the US?

Dude, at least review the service as it was meant to be tested. They do have a server farm on his coast. Pretty shoddy journalism by the original writer.

2. Re: On OnLive Testing Jan 22, 2010, 23:33 Fang

Yeah, but you still have to configure you settings when you play online. Think back to the Quakeworld days when you had to set your latency settings. Now it's automated, they are saying that in their beta, all their knobs for lag configuration are not automated yet. It's still the beta.  

16. Re: Google Voice Jan 21, 2010, 15:57 Fang

Thanks, I sent an email to you with it using your user profile link.  

6. Google Voice Jan 20, 2010, 17:25 Fang

Hey, I'm trying to get setup on Google Voice. Does anyone have an invite they could send me?  

News Comments > Infinity Ward off Modern Warfare 3?
12. Re: Infinity Ward off Modern Warfare 3? Jan 7, 2010, 13:19 Fang

Although, I have been playing CoD4 lately....and having a lot of fun - I have no need to MW2. I haven't even really gotten into WaW all that much yet - so I have TONS of playtime yet.

While I've been playing COD6, I agree in that I think I had more fun with COD4. They kind of went over the top with the unlocks and challenges. COD4 was more simple and straightforward, you knew what you were working toward unlocking or completing; and in the end, I find that more fun.

Plus, at least COD4 didn't screw you because they gave you at least one good gun in the beginning multiplayer levels.

News Comments > Infinity Ward off Modern Warfare 3?
11. Re: Infinity Ward off Modern Warfare 3? Jan 7, 2010, 13:13 Fang

Haven't all the CoD SP campaigns been a conglomeration of scenes from famous war movies?

There's a difference between war movies and "action" movies. Sure, they've always been about true-to-life war movies, but they have been adding more John Woo style stuff.

Here's a good indicator, once you go to Akimbo weapons, you've jumped the shark.

Think of the difference between Action Quake 2 and Counter-Strike. I'm not saying that CS is true-to-life, but think of design direction of each of them. Which has Akimbo weapons?

News Comments > OnLive Presentation
42. Re: OnLive Presentation Dec 30, 2009, 22:55 Fang

Only when 95% of the game playing population of earth have fiber optic to the desktop PC.

Or they can just sell to the 3.3 million Verizon FIOS internet customers. I love having fiber optic to my desktop. It's a rock solid 25 mbps.

That way they don't have to waste money on TV ads and general marketing. They can just cut a deal with Verizon and market directly.

News Comments > Steam Top Sellers
3. Re: Steam Top Sellers Dec 13, 2009, 23:59 Fang

I hear that Modern Warfare 2 is pretty good, if you like FPS's.  

News Comments > Black Friday Consolidation
2. Re: Black Friday Consolidation Nov 28, 2009, 13:37 Fang

Ah, but you still have to find the remote. Mine has a tendency to get between the cushions, under the couch, in my 2 year olds toy bag, etc. For something fast, I wouldn't mind being able to quickly launch netflix without having to do the "remote hunt" every time I get home from work.  

News Comments > Free Stubbs the Zombie [Update] Not Free
23. Re: Free Stubbs the Zombie Nov 26, 2009, 01:26 Fang

Actually to go from 1 cent to $5 would require a 50,000% increase. Keep trying though.

Yes, 1 penny to $5 is about a 500x markup (which is 50,000%), not a 500% markup.

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2009, 00:38 Fang

To keep people from REALLY abusing the system. If they are hitting that limit, you know they are doing something wrong.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2009, 15:47 Fang

I prefer the yeelow/gold "continue reading ehre" over the blue. Blue kind of runs into the next article.

I agree. The other thing you can do is indent it so it doesn't line up with the next header, but instead, the yellow included text.

News Comments > Free Stubbs the Zombie [Update] Not Free
11. Re: Free Stubbs the Zombie Nov 25, 2009, 14:38 Fang

I knew some wiseguy would post a comment about my 500% markup. I was hoping someone would at least give me the penney as the starting value but not on these forums I guess. Thanks. Congratulations Elfboy, You win first place trophy for being "Most Anal Retentive".

Uhm, I give him the award for "Not Mathematically Challenged".

What you said doesn't make sense. Why 1 penny, why not $1? Free is free, not 1 penny.

The english language nor math, the universal language, doesn't work that way.

News Comments > PC MW2 Outsells CoD4
5. Re: PC MW2 Outsells CoD4 Nov 20, 2009, 21:27 Fang

Ah, it reminds me of this link from an earlier Out of the Blue:

MW2 Boycott fail

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Left 4 Dead 2
29. Re: Is that L4D2 demo still on? Nov 17, 2009, 17:10 Fang

Ant: I'll check it out.

I've been stuck playing another game he mentioned, World Wars:

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewstory&threadid=99890

It's turn based.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Left 4 Dead 2
24. Re: Is that L4D2 demo still on? Nov 17, 2009, 15:40 Fang

What Flash RTS game is that?  

1079 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo