Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 1968 (Pro)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
33. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 23, 2011, 20:54 PropheT

Bucky wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 18:25:
Edit: Huh, Steam seems to have forgotten all of my payment information. That's a sign I'm going to choose to ignore....

I think they cleared all of it from the system after the forum hack rather than requiring people to come and do it themselves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
6. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 23, 2011, 16:22 PropheT

Think I might have to finally pick up Orcs Must Die for that price.  

News Comments > 1M CoD Elite Premium Subscribers
22. Re: 1M CoD Elite Premium Subscribers Nov 22, 2011, 18:01 PropheT

This is why we can't have nice things.

Battlefield did this for free. Halo: Reach did this for free. What are the odds the next game to come out starts charging now, too?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim New LAA Workaround
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim New LAA Workaround Nov 22, 2011, 14:48 PropheT

saluk wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 13:36:
He couldn't, which is why he hopes this tweak solves his problem.

That's pretty much it, yeah.

It's entirely possible that the crashing is related to using texture mods, but those mods are sure nice to have. It's hard to go back to the vanilla look once you get used to them.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim New LAA Workaround
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim New LAA Workaround Nov 22, 2011, 12:45 PropheT

I don't notice any performance benefits from the LAA fix, but I was getting random crashes and eventual texture dropouts over time until I installed the original one... so it's nice to have this back. Was back to three or four crashes an hour again yesterday after the patch, so hopefully this sets the ship to sailing again.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2011, 20:44 PropheT

Woo, happy birthday Blue!  

News Comments > Torchlight II Delayed
27. Re: Torchlight II Delayed Nov 17, 2011, 17:52 PropheT

Verno wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 16:01:
Diablo 3 will be a $60 game that will likely not appear on Steam or any other DD vendor for that matter. Torchlight 2 will most likely be $20-30 and appear on all DD vendors. As long as they don't literally overlap the release window I think they will be fine.

Yup.

I plan on buying both, even if they're fairly close to the same release date. If it was same day I'd have to go with Diablo 3, but I'd still buy Torchlight 2 later on.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 16, 2011, 16:15 PropheT

Halo wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 14:29:
I was going to say the same thing since I like and adventure with a degree of difficulty. Then I read the "Zelda 'can be played by five-year-olds'." article. Nevermind...

My son was playing Ocarina of Time before he was 5 and doing fine... it's not like any of the Zelda games have ever been all that hard.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Nov 15, 2011, 22:34 PropheT

I've only heard one song off of Lulu, but it's a serious contender for being the worst song I've ever heard. The only way those earbuds could help it is if they don't work at all  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans
30. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Nov 13, 2011, 00:01 PropheT

Kajetan wrote on Nov 12, 2011, 17:54:
Stats are not gameplay. This is working. People only like that, because they are victims of purposly implemented addictive reward mechanisms, which have replaced actual gameplay in most modern games.

How have they replaced gameplay? I can't think of one way that unlockables in BF3, or any other game off the top of my head, have replaced gameplay in any way at all.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2011, 19:05 PropheT

Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 18:52:
Well I'll have to pop it into my PS3... oh wait. Seeing as we are talking about the PS3 here, as you cannot play GT5 any other way, I stand by my statement... if you want to talk fanboism lets talk about you posting and recommending a game that isnt even available on the PS3, now thats fanboism. As for any GT5 Vs Forza debate, I dont have a clue as I've never played Forza.

Nobody was talking about the PS3 or even mentioned it until your second post...hell, every post including yours mentioned other racers that aren't just on PS3 in comparison.

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
68. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 14:34 PropheT

venomhed wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 12:56:
Same problem where everyone wants to kill you outdoors. Hate that. The wolves always attack, the bandits always attack. Be nice i they would sometimes size you up and say "Ya, you better get moving". I have seen this a tad with your proximity where a bandit warned me to get out and I stayed a bit too long. He just chased me for a short distance so that was cool. The giants too face you and stomp their feet, so they aren't ouright evil, but would be neat if they had varying degrees of hostility or passiveness.

This is in the game, you've already seen some of it... You'll find bandits that don't attack you immediately; I've already found a few places where they draw their weapons and tell you to back off, but don't outright attack. Most animals won't attack immediately, either.

I can't be positive since my gear isn't great yet, but things seem to notice how you're equipped, too, and you sometimes get different reactions from people as a result.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 10, 2011, 21:05 PropheT

Nice, that makes the cost of CoD Elite comparable to other similar services. For a month, at least.  

News Comments > More A Game of Throne Games Planned
6. Re: More A Game of Throne Games Planned Nov 9, 2011, 22:10 PropheT

I can just see the status updates on Facebook now.

"Ken just got caught having sex with his sister! Oh No!"
Comment - Like - Help Ken Push Child Out Of Tower

News Comments > Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands?
23. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 20:34 PropheT

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 17:57:
You mean the Day-Month-Year part? I'm 95% sure you're just kidding but since 95% of you guys are Christians I'll just play along and not use my reasoning, counter argument being that Day-Month-Year seems way more logical than Month-Day-Year .

Argh shite I used logic again! xD

The game comes out 11-11-11.

If you look at that in month-day-year instead, it comes out 11-11-11. If you look at it in day-month-year, it's 11-11-11.

...that's the joke.

News Comments > Is WoW Jumping the Panda?
21. Re: Is WoW Jumping the Panda? Nov 8, 2011, 16:18 PropheT

Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 15:25:
Actually it has 11.1 million right now, down from the peak of 12 million.

8% is almost half, right?

The numbers they're talking about are only the NA numbers, which are just a fraction of the 12 million they've touted worldwide and are the subscriptions where people actually pay a monthly subscription fee. There's a lot more detailed discussions about this where people's hearts are actually into explaining it, but the number you're talking about is basically marketing BS.

beigemore wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 14:58:
I understand why people don't care for the pandas, but saying they got the idea from Kung Fu Panda is pretty ridiculous. The Pandaren have been around since Warcraft 3.

As an April Fool's joke.

News Comments > Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands?
8. Re: Skyrim Now on Sale in the Netherlands? Nov 8, 2011, 16:08 PropheT

McSterls wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 16:01:
Probably a result of that backwards date thing the Europeans do. Sometimes they let their produce spoil because they get so confused over which number is the day and which is the month. Oh, those wacky Europeans.

I lol'd

News Comments > New BioWare Franchise Reveal Next Month
17. Re: scott@lampert.org Nov 8, 2011, 03:20 PropheT

Jerykk wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 02:28:
That's a bit of an exaggeration. Mass Effect was never much of an RPG to begin with. You couldn't sneak or talk your way through the game and the game as a whole was pretty linear.

If that's your criteria as to what games are RPG's or not there wouldn't be enough games in the genre to cover the fingers of one hand.

News Comments > Skyrim Day One Patch Plans; Another Bonus Race Revealed
53. Re: Skyrim Day One Patch Plans; Another Bonus Race Revealed Nov 7, 2011, 18:41 PropheT

Beamer wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 17:14:
Didn't the awkward melee combat get absolutely bashed in all the reviews of that game?
Did it get fixed, or were the reviews wrong? Because most of them seemed to say melee sucked and controlled like guns, in that if you weren't pointing perfectly your baseball bat would oddly whiff.

If that's what reviews said, they were wrong. The melee was basically an improved version of what TES games have been doing for years, with damage modeling and reactive effects upon impact.

It's the best implementation of FPS melee combat I've ever seen in a game, anyway.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
25. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 17:28 PropheT

Sempai wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:20:
If the graphics are shit then gameplay is ALL you have, and we all know how amazing Beth is at game design..cough.

I don't think the series has been around this long and has been as popular as it is by having bad gameplay.

I love the mods as much as the next guy, but if the TES core games were shitty people wouldn't bother.

1968 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo