Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2188 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live
14. Re: Diablo III 2.1.0 Now Live Aug 26, 2014, 22:57 PropheT

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:38:
It's not them, it's those DDoS asshats. It had been smooth as silk all day long since the servers came back up from maintenance, then suddenly community services went down, party matchmaking went haywire, and then my game was terminated. Entire B.net is offline.

Getting sick of these assholes doing this, it has been a problem on and off since the weekend trying to play WoW as well. My son got knocked off of League and couldn't reconnect, and went to play something else and then that got DDoS'd on Sunday...just infuriating, the idiots doing it seriously need some ball-peen hammer dentistry.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls II: Crown of the Old Iron King Aug 26, 2014, 16:58 PropheT

Bundy wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 14:08:
Might have to give this another try. Every couple of weeks I give it another attempt. I must be missing something cause I just don't see what all the hype is about. I've yet to find the fun.

Try Demon's Souls or Dark Souls first if you can. I loved those two, but just never was able to get into DS2.

Take it slow, explore freely and don't spoil anything before you go through, and treat everything like it can kill you since it can.

News Comments > Amazon Buys Twitch
10. Re: Amazon Buys Twitch Aug 25, 2014, 17:46 PropheT

SimplyMonk wrote on Aug 25, 2014, 17:41:
I guess it would augment their modestly growing video game development initiative?

They sell games, and this is probably one of the best advertising methods for video games out there right now while still having decent growth opportunity.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2014, 22:34 PropheT

The only things I've seen out of this whole scandal is that video game journalism isn't particularly trustworthy, which we already knew, Phil Fish is an absolute cock who I probably wouldn't even know about if it wasn't for his diarrhea-esque twitter account, and that the "SJW" members of the gaming press have finally hit the point where they can't even comment on one of the biggest stories around right now because they've spent so much of their time stirring the pot to create the environment that this spawned from.

The journalists look bad, the gamers look bad, and it all just seems like a bunch of dirty laundry being aired to give people something else to be angry about for a while with no solid facts and no possible positive outcome to ever be generated from it...over a game that next to no one actually gives two shits about and most people never heard of before the scandal.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 21, 2014, 19:35 PropheT

Ceribaen wrote on Aug 21, 2014, 19:18:
Playing it on PS3 just really had me thinking there's nothing new or exciting here that Defiance or Planetside hasn't already done? That and it reminded me of why I hate playing shooters on a console.

Is there anything in the PS4 version that isn't included in the PS3 version?

I don't think so, but I've only played it on the PS4 version; just different graphical capabilities as far as I know.

I loved Destiny in the beta, so I'm really excited about it coming out soon... I'm not sure I'd compare it to Planetside or Defiance, though, so maybe it's a play style thing. It felt more like a Fallout/Metro kind of experience to me, with the exploration and RPG aspects being what I enjoyed about it, and the multiplayer/competitive aspects were kind of an afterthought. It was a new experience, in my opinion at least, since it's hard to even compare it to anything directly.

/edited for clarity.

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus
4. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Preorder Bonus Aug 20, 2014, 22:14 PropheT

Really looking forward to this one. Going to be a busy fall for games this year...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 20, 2014, 13:02 PropheT

Jivaro wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 10:55:
In fact, perhaps it's the network carrying the game that should consider throwing some money up for the halftime show.

I think they already do, since the cost of the broadcasting contract the networks pay to carry the Super Bowl is already astronomical. It'd be kind of a strange oversight if the expectation of providing a half-time show wasn't part of that. The city that hosts the game pays for that, the network pays to broadcast it, they aren't paying the performers as it is, and they want even more money out of the deal because the NFL's doing them all a big favor just by being there I guess.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club Aug 19, 2014, 21:24 PropheT

Aero wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 20:59:
On the other hand, the most fun I've ever had playing a golf game was 4-player Mario Golf on the N64, so I'm not exactly an afficianado.

I like the arcade golf games like Hot Shots and Mario Golf a lot, but they do have pretty sound mechanics despite being pretty different from sim-style games.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Golf Club Aug 19, 2014, 18:21 PropheT

Anybody playing this to say if it's any good? I always liked the Links games on PC years ago, but kind of quit playing anything like them after the genre dried up and was replaced by the Tiger Woods games.  

News Comments > Warlords of Draenor in November
11. Re: Warlords of Draenor in November Aug 14, 2014, 23:48 PropheT

nin wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 22:04:
Graham wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 21:59:
garrywong wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 21:42:
Wait, what? That's not what happened...

It is now. Welcome to time travel, now with more Orcs and fewer Libyans.

"Great Scott!"

"This... was not our density!"

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 14, 2014, 21:59 PropheT

Penny Dreadful being pirated everywhere seems to make sense since it's kind of a pain in the ass to get legally. Game of Thrones used to be easier to get illegally than legally too, even though I have HBO and supposedly HBO Go, but they've done a decent job of fixing that this last season or so.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2014, 13:30 PropheT

Ratty wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:01:
I love the beard, and I love the look. He really pulls off the respected elder Jedi look in that shot. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him in the movie.

I'm not really keen on the idea of having the old characters in the new films at all, but he definitely looks the part with the beard. He's the one I'm least worried about in the new movies, really, since he's never really NOT been Luke Skywalker and still looks like him.

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
11. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 13:19 PropheT

November 13th... was hoping for a little sooner, but that'll do.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 23:40 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 22:09:
Still Zenimax is being pretty stingy. It works against them not to provide this. Next time fewer people will wait for the Steam key instead of buying directly from them.

Does it really matter? You can add games you didn't buy on Steam to your library so you can use the overlay while you play them, if that's what this is about.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 21:20 PropheT

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 19:15:
I like it. *shrug*

I was kind of just done once I hit veteran level content... but I liked what I played of it, too.

As for now, though, Warlords of Draenor release date announced tomorrow...

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Announced
4. Re: Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Announced Aug 13, 2014, 20:24 PropheT

dumpy wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 18:48:
While we are on that topic; NO MORE SPACE MARINES.

I'd do awful things for a new Dawn of War game :p

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 16:29 PropheT

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:41:
The story in DA2 was actually pretty good. The Qu'nari, the mages and templars finally exploding into all out war, cool companions, etc. It's just the combat sucked ass, and mostly because of the spawns issue, which they had already pretty much addressed in the DLC/expansion. I've played through DA2 twice (if you just turn the combat to normal or easy, so you can blast through it in 20 or 30 seconds, and then switch it back to hard or nightmare for the boss encounters, you don't get too bored with it, at least imo) and actually quite enjoyed myself the second time.

I think I shed a little tear there

DA2 had some pretty serious flaws that earned it some well-deserved criticism, but there was a lot of good stuff too. I really enjoyed it, and I'm even looking forward to some of the returning characters in Inquisition.

Bioware seems pretty serious about this game, putting a lot of time and effort into it...which by itself kind of alleviates a big part of what caused the most major problems with DA2. I'm excited for Inquisition because I liked the first two anyway, but also because I get the impression that they've gone the extra mile after the criticism they received in the past.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 12, 2014, 20:51 PropheT

Orogogus wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 19:41:
People keep saying this, but I don't get why. If someone offers you money for an exclusive, you wouldn't hand over your biggest blockbuster, would you? The best thing would be to use something that wasn't selling a bunch anyways. And if you're able to scale back expectations and development costs accordingly, so much the better.

Isn't that what they did, though? If TR sold 6 million+ copies, that's in the same range as the last Final Fantasy game (and well more than the smaller FF releases like Lightning Returns).

Starting to look like a timed exclusive anyway (Here) so saving on costs isn't really it, either, it's just grabbing cash when it's being fronted the same way it was done last console generation when everyone hated it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 12, 2014, 20:03 PropheT

Like he mentions in that video, just the glut of games on distribution services combined with an inability to filter through them in any adequate way has become a huge problem. Steam's opening the flood gates fairly recently has made it a gigantic pain in the ass considering the actual usability of the store; not being able to simply go back to where you were in a list of games after you click to look at one is infuriating, and during their sales they actually make it worse by randomizing the damn lists for the sale so when you go back you can't even see them in the order you did originally.

I'm not entirely sure that there aren't too many games too, though, rather than just the store issues like he says (the title of the video is a little misleading if you haven't watched it yet). There's a lot of shovelware out there on Steam now, Amazon is just as bad, and I'm sure others have the same issue... finding games is easy enough, but finding games that are actually worth the money isn't. The glut added onto the stores hasn't increased the number of games in that particular pool in any way that I've noticed, it just makes them more like Apple's appstore where there's so many cheap things that it's nearly impossible to find any actual value anymore.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 12, 2014, 19:39 PropheT

I love TR. I've even finished all the crappy ones, and I think the only one I ever played on a console was the original on the PS1.

I guess it's a 'win-win' for Microsoft, but it sure isn't for many of the people who've supported the series for so long. Even with a franchise like that I still can't see buying an Xbone, though, and it's tough not to be bitter about using different shitty business practices to entice people to buy a system that they didn't buy in large part because of shitty business practices.

2188 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo