Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 1968 (Pro)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Code Issues
5. Re: The Old Republic Code Issues Dec 19, 2011, 16:08 PropheT

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 15:54:
Plugged mine in last Friday. Worked fine. Kudos to Amazon for shipping early.

I entered mine on Friday, too, without a problem. My wife's copy was fine, too, or I doubt I'd be alive to post today.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On SWTOR Queues
28. Re: On SWOTR Queues Dec 19, 2011, 12:17 PropheT

Acleacius wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 11:20:
How ridiculous, they don't even have enough servers for prerelease. Now they trying to turn it into a self promoting release about how great they are, since they are concerned. Rolleyes

Except that there are enough servers, it's just certain ones facing queues. There are still plenty of servers to join that don't have queues or have one of any measurable length.

Besides, I'd guess that the majority of the people who were interested in playing day 1 are already playing anyway, especially those who were joining an existing guild and already had a server determined for them.

People would laugh at how unpopular it was if it didn't have queues, they'd laugh and say how badly it was handled if it did...no pleasing some people.

News Comments > Op Ed
41. Re: Op Ed Dec 18, 2011, 20:23 PropheT

Prez wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 19:56:
No I don't. Sexualized, yes. OVER-sexualized? No. Sex is one of the strongest driving forces in human nature, which makes it natural that it is utilized in entertainment media. If women were the dominant consumer class in gaming, all of the male avatars in games would be hung like bulls, built like Mr. Universe, and sensitive to every woman's every mood instantly (Ya know, like how my wife wishes I was... ). That's just how humans are. It's true in all media, and quite frankly I'm sick of hyper-sensitive, attention-seeking idiots posing as game journalists trying to score points with other hypersensitive morons by continually writing such pointless drek as this shameful excuse for an editorial.

Yeah, exactly. Because this from the article...

They may be characters, but they're also sexual objects to be consumed.

...says more to me about the writer than the content he's complaining about, and it's repeated all through the article.

Maybe it's met with denials, justifications and outright dismissal of the issue because for most of us we don't see every girl in a comic shop as an outsider, every woman buying video games like a minority pariah of some kind, or every sexy character as existing only as a sex toy like the author seems to by reading his story here.

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
35. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 16:20 PropheT

eunichron wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 15:52:
Out of curiosity, those of you that did get in today, when did you redeem your pre-order code?

The first day they were available. My wife only preordered a few weeks ago and as far as I know hasn't gotten an email yet, though, and doesn't expect to for at least a few days yet.

News Comments > Argh, No Half-Life 3 ARG
7. Re: Argh, No Half-Life 3 ARG Dec 12, 2011, 22:54 PropheT

It's for Half-Life 3, though, so if you take the third word out of his sentence then he actually said, "We are running an arg."

Dun dun dunnnn....

News Comments > Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY
23. Re: Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY Dec 11, 2011, 22:13 PropheT

Dirwulf wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 17:59:
10 hours? LOL. You obviously did none of the side quests, none of the Riddler puzzles, none of the trophies, none of the challenges. You probably played it on easy as well. You didn't even play the game, you rushed through the quest line and then pronounced your incorrect, lame judgement.

He's right, really. It took me 8 hours to finish Batman on normal and I wasn't interested in futzing around doing the left over riddler tropies or anything else afterward. The riddler trophies are annoying, the Zzaz quests are interesting but ultimately all the same, and the challenge rooms hold no appeal to me at all (and didn't in the first game, either). The main story can be finished in 3-4 hours, maybe less if you're just "rushing through" the game, so it's not like 10 hours is a speed run in any way at all.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Trailer; Launch Events
15. Re: Absolute worst tech gifts Dec 10, 2011, 11:45 PropheT

Shok wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 08:10:
Yeah but it's $60 in Kotick's and EA's pockets. I liked the beta ok but I can wait until it's free or on sale really low. FU EA.

Kotick is with Activision, not EA.

Sempai wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 08:11:
I agree for the most part, but keep in mind after 30 days you'll be paying more money in order to keep playing.

If I don't pay it to keep playing an MMO I'd be spending it on other games to fill the time anyway. The $15 usually works out to be less than I'd spend on single-player games to fill my time instead, saving me money rather than losing it.

Not that that's a selling point people who don't care for MMO's, but $15 a month to have a game evolve beyond where it was when you first bought it usually is a pretty decent deal.

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Coming
14. Re: Battle.net Balance Coming Dec 10, 2011, 11:39 PropheT

DaZ wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 11:06:
Blizzard added a wallet to battlenet, OH NOES, now they are the supreme evil? Steam has had a wallet for a long time and they get a free pass?

I don't personally have a problem with them adding a wallet to Battle.net, but do you seriously not see the difference there? They aren't even remotely similar services.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 9, 2011, 13:44 PropheT

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 11:23:
I really wish there would be a way to degrade to the older dashboards. Take those "new" functions away I don't give a shit but this new dashboard blows !

Yeah, I agree. I hate the new dashboard badly; it's clearly designed with Kinect in mind, and it's a pain in the ass to navigate with a controller. They managed to hide useful information like how many points you have left (as far as I can tell, you have to actually try to buy something to even see it now), and made it so there's advertisements everywhere. That make noise, how wonderful.

Seriously, everywhere else if you pay for a subscription they let you reduce the ads you see. Why can't I do that here?

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
1. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 6, 2011, 21:07 PropheT

Anybody play APB since the relaunch? How is it/do they charge for everything?

I really liked it when it came out (yes, I'm serious), but it needed some help and more people playing.

News Comments > Trine 2 This Week
19. Re: Trine 2 This Week Dec 6, 2011, 20:07 PropheT

fb_joel wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 10:47:
And thanks everyone for the comments, glad to hear you are looking forward to the game. I hope it meets and exceeds your expectations.

Thanks for the info, that makes picking it up right now rather than later a lot easier decision knowing it won't be on the holiday sale.

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 5, 2011, 23:41 PropheT

Amazon has a bunch of games for buy one get one half off, too.

Link

News Comments > Trine 2 This Week
4. Re: Trine 2 This Week Dec 5, 2011, 23:37 PropheT

Wow, there's a release date out of nowhere. Don't remember ever seeing an "Oh, btw, it'll be out in 2 days" before.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 5, 2011, 20:40 PropheT

Or just buy it for the PC where you can use mods and everything else that makes the game incredible.  

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed
11. Re: Star Wars Galaxies End Game Detailed Dec 3, 2011, 02:09 PropheT

nin wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 00:59:
edit: here we go

Ray's quote there early in that thread pretty much covers it. People these days like to wax nostalgic on the game about how good it was pre-NGE, but the fact is that it likely would have never gotten the NGE treatment if it had been decent in the first place.

The best way to sum it up is that someone saw Star Wars with all the lightsaber duels and Darth Vader and bombastic space dogfights and heroic battles, and then decided to make a game about it centered around players being moisture farmers like Uncle Lars and Aunt Beru. That was the shit that Luke wanted to leave behind to do the other things because it was too boring, but for some reason making your house and farming turned into the focal point of their game.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit Next Month
9. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit Next Month Dec 1, 2011, 20:33 PropheT

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 1, 2011, 20:23:
Yep, I was about to say, sites like Skyrim Nexus are toast if the Steam Workshop takes off, which it will if it works well.

It'll need to work well on both fronts, making it as easy for the modders as for people who want to use them. Considering the high number of adult mods for these games I'm not sure I see that happening unless they really make no effort to control what's out there at all.

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Stats Page Live
1. Re: Saints Row: The Third Stats Page Live Dec 1, 2011, 00:02 PropheT

This game is awesome.  

News Comments > Skyrim Patched
17. Re: Skyrim Patched Dec 1, 2011, 00:00 PropheT

venomhed wrote on Nov 30, 2011, 21:30:
Wonder why so many people always patch up no matter what?

Because Steam autopatches it for you?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Nov 30, 2011, 00:54 PropheT

Wonder who the subjects tested were. If it's the normal internet crowd, being that close to wi-fi probably meant that fertility dropped since most of their sperm wound up in a tube sock.  

News Comments > Kotick on SWOTR Economics
16. Re: Kotick on SWOTR Economics Nov 29, 2011, 15:35 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Nov 29, 2011, 14:39:
I still see a ton of people writing off, myself included. It gets boring real fast. It's already antiquated before it begins both in look and how it plays. And because of how its desgined the overhead for keeping it running and producing new content - which will take forver to do - will be enormous. I'll be surprised if they ever recoup their money on this one.

They've said ~350k subs would be enough to break even with the game, and I have a hard time seeing them not doing that. I'd be surprised if they didn't double it, honestly, at least for a while.

I don't think it's going to blow people away but it's Star Wars and it's an MMO. If you like those two things there's not a lot to hate about it, and there's a lot to appeal to solo RPG players that other games haven't tried. It kind of surprised me how much it felt like KOTOR despite being an MMO.

1968 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo