Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 1969 (Pro)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Mar 14, 2012, 13:24 PropheT

Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 11:29:
I wish instead of pretending they have 16 endings (when they have 2 with 3 different colors), they would have just gone with the Synthesis ending and expanded on it. (AND LEFT SHEPARD ALIVE!)

Synthesis seems like the worst ending of all of them to me. The Reapers are synthesized life; organics combined into synthetics meant to uphold the cycle. The kid tells you he needs a new solution, so the last thing I'd want to do is a choice that basically combines all life and synthetics into what's basically just a new kind of Reaper.

That's if the entire Synthetics vs. Organics reasoning behind the Reaper motivations worked at all, which it doesn't. The Geth and Quarians can find peace. EDI is another good example.

The kicker for me is that the explosion of the relay destroys the Normandy (or would have if he wasn't running). All those ships I convinced to come to Earth? The Quarian ships, that included retrofitted civilian ships, everyone on the citadel, entire fleets full of people...dead regardless of which choice is made. I think Shepard wipes out more people across the galaxy in the end scene than the Reapers did. Unless the point is that the Reapers win, which is the only way I can take the idiotic ending of the game.

Creston wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 12:09:
I made a new ending for myself. When the space troll kid tells you to make a choice, I put 40 bullets in his fucking face, then I walked away and quit the game.

I thought this was funny, because that was actually my reaction to the ending scenes. I tried to shoot the kid, because the choices didn't make sense; he's the leader of the Reapers, after all. That failed, so I tried to walk away, which of course doesn't work either.

So now, I just tell myself that none of it happened. I love the rest of the game, but the ending may well be one of the worst I've ever seen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking
14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Unlocks Relocking Mar 13, 2012, 16:21 PropheT

Ruffiana wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 14:05:
Multiplayer is not necessary.

Despite what they say there, it's extremely unlikely that anyone will have enough to get the best possible ending without at least some multiplayer. There's examples of why everywhere if you want to read up on the military score requirements and what's actually attainable in the game.

Bhruic wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 13:14:
Speaking of idiotic decisions... Just read that even if you do play ME3 MP to increase the readiness percentage, the readiness actually decreases every day that you don't play. Reports seem to be in the 2-5% loss per day range.

But don't worry, MP and SP are totally separate!

It degrades about 5% every 24 hours from what I've seen. 100% isn't really necessary to get the best ending, but if you want to maintain that percentage that's probably going to be 45 minutes to an hour every day just as maintenance...kind of nuts.

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. Mar 11, 2012, 22:26 PropheT

Squirmer wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 19:42:
Not sure if you're being serious here. You do know the collector's edition costs more money, right? So no, it's not included 'for free'. It's included when you pay more money.

So they provided something with actual value to the collector's edition and gave standard edition buyers a way to get the same content if they chose later.

Still not getting the problem there.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
31. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 9, 2012, 18:42 PropheT

entr0py wrote on Mar 9, 2012, 16:59:
Exactly right. In fact Sony has already tried this with the PSP Go, which was a miserable failure.

It's not really the same situation considering 90% of the Go's library was on UMD at the time released, meaning it had tons of games available for it and lacked the hardware to play them. It's a bit of a gross oversimplification to say the Go failed because it didn't have a UMD drive.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 21, 2012, 21:07 PropheT

Alert: Windows appears in a sticky wicket, a bit of buggered memory I reckon. Sally forth? (Click Right-o or Nay)  

News Comments > The Secret World Delayed
13. Re: The Secret World Delayed Feb 21, 2012, 18:29 PropheT

Bhruic wrote on Feb 21, 2012, 16:43:
You've gotta give people credit for trying to spin game delays as positive things.

How isn't it a positive thing? It's better than getting a buggy, unfinished game. Waiting doesn't suck half as much as getting something crappy because it wasn't done when you bought it.

News Comments > The Secret World Delayed
9. Re: The Secret World Delayed Feb 21, 2012, 16:06 PropheT

I've been really looking forward to this game a lot, but it doesn't really come as any surprise that it's delayed. I'm actually surprised it isn't delayed a bit further considering the lack of press it's had coming so close to a release date.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2012, 21:17 PropheT

Hudson wrote on Feb 19, 2012, 19:35:
Its too bad such a crappy game as Amalur is selling on marketing hype alone

To each his own, I'm really enjoying Amalur a lot.

News Comments > Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming
23. Re: Wasteland Sequel Kickstart Coming Feb 16, 2012, 23:30 PropheT

I'd be all over this like a hobo on a burrito.

Wasteland was one of the best games I had growing up.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 in September
7. Re: Far Cry 3 in September Feb 15, 2012, 23:54 PropheT

Wildone wrote on Feb 15, 2012, 21:13:
Looks like a reboot for teenagers, completely yuck.

Not getting that at all. Looked pretty good to me.

News Comments > Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year
39. Re: Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year Feb 10, 2012, 23:34 PropheT

Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 19:46:
Lots of Devs release highly polished, bug free games. It's ludicrous to defend a not ready for prime time buggy release by using other buggy games as an example, they are ALL unacceptable.

But...who? I could name the most bug free games I've played in the last year and I'm sure someone else could post about a problem they had with it.

The point I was refuting was that "these things are acceptable now" anyway; it's always been this way. It probably always will be. Bug free games don't exist; most likely even the most polished game you bought in the last five years had a patch.

News Comments > Steam Breach Follow-up
12. Re: jtw321@gmail.com Feb 10, 2012, 23:23 PropheT

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 21:39:
They've been too quiet about this, and hiding these messages on their forum, where most users never go, isn't the way this should be handled.

This should be emailed to everyone on their list, not left up to gaming sites to report on it.

At this point, Sony is looking more forthcoming on information. At least when they screwed up they offered people a free game.

They told everyone more or less as soon as it happened. And I don't know about everyone else, but I DID get an email with all the information when it happened. It wouldn't surprise me if this got sent out, too.

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 21:11:
No notice that is has been fixed and it will never happen again. No acknowlgement or apology for their lax security measures and that it won't happen again.

There was an apology for it. If I remember right, Gabe specifically said in his message notifying users, "I apologize and am extremely sorry this happened."

News Comments > Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year
33. Re: Skyrim IAAS Game of the Year Feb 10, 2012, 19:00 PropheT

Yosemite Sam wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 18:42:
Like I said, this is considered normal and acceptable now. Funny how people jump to defend developers releasing buggy games. Yet I'm the bad guy because I expect to not have pay $60 to finish beta testing for them, something they used to have to pay people to do.

When have PC games ever been bug free releases? Daggerfall came out in what, 97? It had bugs in it like crazy, but it was still awesome. I remember it not even starting on my brother's system because he had a non-Intel processor.

Ultima VII had serious sound issues. Ultima IX they actually sent out new CD's to people who bought it because of game breaking bugs. The early games in the Jedi Knight series had a few serious bugs that I remember dealing with, and Jedi Academy had at least one game breaking bug. I could go on and on, but... this isn't a new issue.

Besides, Skyrim was playable out of the box just fine. There were issues that some people ran into, just like with other games, but it's not like they shipped a broken game and then got GOTY awards for it.

News Comments > Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips
6. Re: Activision; Stems WoW Losses; Diablo III Slips Feb 9, 2012, 21:57 PropheT

DangerDog wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 21:17:
This graphic tweak really helps make the games graphics not look like ass.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3967848172?page=1

The difference between the default muddy/blurry graphics and the sharper effect offered with this mini mod is night and day.

That looks almost exactly like what happened with Skyrim and the graphics patches in the first few days after release, and for the same reasons.

I don't think either look bad, though I do definitely prefer the sharper version.

News Comments > BAFTA Audience Award Voting
9. Re: BAFTA Audience Award Voting Feb 9, 2012, 16:22 PropheT

Dark Souls really should be on there, and Uncharted 3 really shouldn't.

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
25. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 2, 2012, 13:05 PropheT

Kajetan wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 11:42:
Yes, he is the one of the only one. To my knowledge, no Iron Lore dev has said anything regarding piracy being bad for TQ. As i recall this was ONLY Michael Fitch, THQ Creative Director at that time, who started this propaganda lie after the closure of Iron Lore to cover his employer. THQ killed Iron Lore. TQ sold well, the addon suffered mainly from the bad reputation TQ gathered for its rocky, bug-ridden start. In fact, an Ex-Iron Lore dev said a few months (?) ago, that TQ & addon are actually doing very well on digital plattforms like Steam or others and that they do not receive ANYTHING from these sales.

They've said it, they just didn't get headlines like Fitch did for it.

And the game only had a rocky, bug-ridden start to people who pirated it, so +1 to people who want to prove him right, I guess.

I don't see how his point is arguable. What major non-MMO PC-exclusive games are there anymore since Titan Quest besides Crysis, a game that was also pirated to hell and back?

News Comments > Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha
17. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot in Alpha Jan 29, 2012, 02:05 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Jan 28, 2012, 23:03:
I never understood the draw of these sorts of games. The desperation of the lonely geeks drawn to virtual big titted sluts is just beyond sad.

What kind of game is that, games with female main characters?

I know your knee-jerk reaction to every game you comment on is how stupid it is or how stupid the players are that are playing it, but I don't think you're characterizing this game (or any in the series since Crystal Dynamics took it over, really) based on reality.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 26, 2012, 16:41 PropheT

Verno wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 13:31:
I don't get this at all, what apps and smartphone are you using? Get specific usage apps for your needs and there are many great offerings for pretty much anything you can imagine. Browsing the web is fine as long as the site has a mobile version and most of the popular ones do these days. Zooming and stuff sucks on regular sites but it's easy enough to do.

I don't worship my smartphone like some people but it is a very useful tool to do many different tasks. If you don't have a need for that then fair enough but surfing and using apps are fine on most smartphones these days. If you have no need of the functionality due to having other devices for it then you're not really the intended market for it.

I have a Droid X2. It's cool, I guess, I just don't think it's particularly useful. And you're absolutely right, I'm probably not the intended market for it because I don't find it to be useful. There are a multitude of apps out there, but I'm not sure I see the point of them other than as gadgets trying to find a way to make the phone useful; there isn't a single one that I've found that seems really necessary or that has had any impact on the way I use the phone.

Bandwidth caps make videos and streaming music seem pointless, and if I'm somewhere with a wi-fi network I can probably use a better device to do those things. Social media sites are apps that would make it useful, but I don't really participate to any meaningful degree. Books, PDF's, and documents are all things that are useful for a handheld device but the iPad or Kindle Fire are both so much better for this that I'd only use the phone if there was no other option.

It's fun to play with when I'm bored and waiting somewhere, but that's about it. I think the only other thing I really use it for is to compare prices if I go shopping somewhere.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
6. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 26, 2012, 12:37 PropheT

I have a smartphone and a tablet because trying to surf anything or use most apps on a phone sucks.

I'm a little mystified as to the popularity of smart phones, really. I've only had one for a few months, but it's just not that useful if you have other ways to access the internet and the apps just feel like novelties unless you hate your friends enough to share every moment of your life on a social media site.

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
142. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 22:24 PropheT

Overon wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 18:03:
It always amuses me how some people can't handle criticism of their game.

Criticism is fine, but the forums were beyond terrible to the point of being completely useless for the reason they were there in the first place. It was virtually impossible to talk about anything there, whether it was the general forum or customer service, without having 20 people interject a long internet BAWWW fight over how terrible everything is. If anything, they should have locked the forum down weeks ago until they had the manpower to moderate it more strictly.

1969 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo