Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2117 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Jul 10, 2014, 12:20 PropheT

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:35:
Dont lose too much sleep over that. The really 'bad' sort of cancels out with the horribly 'gushing'. Hence, average scores...

The only reason this one is getting flak is because of the score. Others on metacritic reviewed the beta, which didn't even include portions of the game past Cyseal, and aren't getting any of the moaning because the scores are better.

Hell, most of the complaints about this review are because the screenshots are old and he talks about the graphics in the review, but that is what the actual game looks like at release. I disagree that there's anything wrong with how it looks, but to each his own.

The writing is average at best, the difficulty is all over the place, and once you get past those areas that were in the beta the game feels less cohesive. It's a good game, and I'm really enjoying it, but the community has decided it's the game of the moment and therefore has no faults so there's hell to be paid by anyone who says otherwise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast
14. Re: Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast Jul 10, 2014, 03:36 PropheT

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 01:50:
Don't be silly.. it's a Sega game.. that Publisher will NEVER allow mods

That's probably not far off, they used an in-house engine for the game so it's unlikely that the tools will ever be available to modders.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast
6. Re: Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast Jul 9, 2014, 21:20 PropheT

I don't know if I trust them that this game is going to be good, but I love Alien enough that this actually makes me want to pre-order.

If the last Aliens game that I bought before really seeing a lot about it hadn't been the video game equivalent of someone kicking me in the nuts and stealing my wallet, I'd probably have done it by now anyway.

News Comments > Firefall This Month
10. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 12:31 PropheT

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 12:14:
The problem is I have several level 85 (or whatever the previous max was) level chars but since I mostly skipped MoP I'd need to grind out those 5 levels and I don't want to do that. Oh well.

You can raise them to 90 and skip it if you buy Draenor, it comes with a free character level boost so that people in your situation can come back and play with friends if they wanted to.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 19:28 PropheT

scratz wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 16:52:
My PS3 automatically detects my Plex server and plays any of that content.

Has this feature been removed in the PS4?

PS4 doesn't support DLNA from what I know of, unless it was added after launch and I didn't notice, so it won't autodiscover and requires the workaround and app in the article.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
33. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 22:26 PropheT

Jerykk wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 16:33:
1) There's no hotkey for "Take All."
2) The container window doesn't automatically close when you click the Take All button or walk away.
7) Your companions each have their own individual money and key inventories.

9) There's no hotkey for switching between ranged and melee weapons, forcing you to use up two slots in your hotbar.

I think others might have chimed in on this already, but you can take all from chests and it does close the boxes/barrels/whatever. Walking away from it does close them as well.

#7 is because you can separate your characters and be in completely different areas, so it's necessary. Some of the puzzles and areas of the game wouldn't work or would be trivialized if these inventories were shared.

For #9 it does kind of suck, but you do at least get 3 bars to work with so it's not too bad.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
24. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2014, 18:03 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 16:23:
Do yourself a favour and put that troll on ignore like all the other smart people around here.

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:12:
Why do the PR people keep allowing her to speak when she's only there to be pretty? Everything she just stated only shows why she should have never been promoted in the first place. That's the problem when companies choose looks over talent.

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 16:23:
Do yourself a favour and put that troll on ignore

...Good idea.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
18. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 15:49 PropheT

WaltC wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:26:
Gee, guy, take a look at anatomical charts for men and women and study up on how the human race procreates (how you got here, in other words), and you may just discover the reason homosexuality has been a deviant sexual practice in every civilization on earth since the dawn of recorded history. Long before there were churches, etc.

You know none of that is true, right? There isn't any evidence to support that every culture (not civilization) has looked poorly on it at all, and it's been a more or less accepted part of culture in most areas that weren't dominated by Abrahamic religions. There's also been religion of some kind more or less since the dawn of recorded history. The facts don't really support the prejudices and never have, it's just been part of societal norms in different cultures that have largely based those norms on religion.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2014, 12:19 PropheT

Only good burger place around here is a small town bar that I wouldn't even have known served food if it wasn't for a friend. There's a semi-local burger place that gets raves all the time, and after trying it twice I can't figure out why...they server burgers with a taste and texture like they were thrown on your bun by the goaltender after a glove save.  

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Jun 28, 2014, 01:17 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2014, 19:10:
I see, so you actually prefer titles like "Call of Duty," "Company of Heroes," "Age of Empires," "Dawn of War," and "League of Legends?" I suppose you'd like "Half Life" to be renamed "Alien Invasion" or "Gordon's War?" "System Shock" should have been "Station of Death?" "Mass Effect" should have been "Star Agents" or something?

I'm struggling to get your point here.

Call of Duty is a name that would be interchangeable in books, movies, or the games and I'm not sure what you'd see wrong with it. Company of Heroes is the name of a pretty well received book about Easy Company as well, so again, not seeing the issue there if you're referring to that title as one that "needs to grow up." Age of Empires is also a phrase that has been used to describe the period of world history prior to WW1 and the fall of the Ottoman empire, so that's not really a bad choice. There's a book series called Dawn of War.

I'm not sure what's wrong with League of Legends really, either, I guess, or what's better about Half-Life, System Shock, or Mass Effect's titles other than that you like the games so they must be fine. Bulletstorm is kind of an adolescent name for a game, but the game isn't particularly serious either so it works just fine. Edge of Tomorrow was based off the book "All You Need Is Kill" and had that name until last year I think, and I'd love to hear how that is somehow any better than the average game title.

It's a whole lot of pointless rage about pointless things that aren't really enough to warrant an article.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 26, 2014, 23:12 PropheT

I don't think Coolio was pissed until Amish Paradise outsold the original song.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 26, 2014, 20:20 PropheT

I live in southern MN, and the city where I work has something similar (can't remember the name of it). A lot of places that don't otherwise deliver use it, but as often as not the price of the delivery is as much as the food you order.  

News Comments > Titanfall Patch Incoming
12. Re: Titanfall Patch Incoming Jun 26, 2014, 12:17 PropheT

Scheherazade wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 10:10:
Patch the player count, and toss the LoL trash mobs, and maybe the game will have a chance for a 2nd wind.

It needs an offline mode, but with the size of the maps there is no way that adding more players would improve the game. Once you get 3 titans down at a time on either side the game becomes pretty crowded as it is.

The trash mobs are also necessary. They aren't generally going to kill you, but they're an important part of the most popular game type. They also talk, letting you know important map information if you're around them (pilot spotted, titan spotted, etc.).

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2014, 22:54 PropheT

I actually like the new Total Recall movie better than the old Schwarzenegger one.

Agree on the Predator movies, though, there's not much reason to remake them. Predators was pretty good, imo, and they could do something actually new instead of just trying to remake the original. They can keep Arnie out now, though, because like Danny Glover he's just too old for this shit.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jun 24, 2014, 22:50 PropheT

The only difference between Ben's articles and a Gamefaqs post these days is that he runs a spell check.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - The Western Front Armies Jun 23, 2014, 20:02 PropheT

Something about CoH 2 didn't click with me, but I love and still play CoH 1. I'm hoping these new armies add back in part of what I was missing and makes it all gel a bit more.  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 19:03 PropheT

Beamer wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 18:35:
The NHL playoffs had plenty of players writhing on the ground for no reason.

I watched all or part of every series in the playoffs and don't recall ever seeing someone writhing around on the ground, faking it or otherwise. Guys try to get calls with questionable hits and definitely embellish them, but outright flopping is too costly for the team in hockey and almost never happens.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 14:58 PropheT

That test was interesting, I got an 83%/0% score even though shortly after starting it I was fairly sure I was doing terribly.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2014, 00:40 PropheT

Dagnamit wrote on Jun 21, 2014, 13:23:
Wasteland 2 early access up as a $40 buy on the Steam Sale. Not sure how I feel about that. It's only going to cost $40 when it's done, right? $30?

I'm not sure what the final price was intended to be, but I put in $50 on Kickstarter and that was good for 2 copies at the time.

News Comments > Play PC Titanfall for Free
48. Re: Play PC Titanfall for Free Jun 20, 2014, 23:00 PropheT

nin wrote on Jun 20, 2014, 17:55:
What that guy said. There are bots for some functions, but not all. You still end up needing to be online and find other (human) players.

It doesn't really make sense, either. They have a beta private mode in game that requires at least one other human player, so the mode is more or less there. Everything already has an AI routine already to work more or less by itself, too; your titan will use AI mode if you aren't in it, there are loads of NPC's fighting anyway, but the option isn't there to just play without other people.

I'd play the shit out of it if it had a bot mode, but still will probably find myself going back to CS:GO instead just because of that even though I like Titanfall better gameplay-wise.

2117 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo