Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2118 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Jun 24, 2013, 13:00 PropheT

I thought it was terrible. The story is predictable, the controls are bad, and the blindly walk around pressing triangle until you find the little thing they want you to in order to continue annoys the hell out of me. I don't like stealth games, though, and this one doesn't even do it as well as games like Splinter Cell or Deus Ex but gets all kinds of perfect reviews because it was hyped up so much. I'd probably like watching someone else play it, but playing it myself is just not fun at all.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: Ex-BioWare writer discusses... Jun 20, 2013, 21:36 PropheT

The Pyro wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 20:39:
That's generally not a good way to arrive at conclusion which is both satisfying for the audience and internally consistent.

It does explain how it wound up the way it did where it pleased virtually no one... they had no idea where they were going with it.

I guess the series does get compared to Battlestar a lot

News Comments > Deadpool Trailer
2. Re: Deadpool Trailer Jun 20, 2013, 16:43 PropheT

Might be different for the UK launch, Steam here (U.S.) still shows the 25th as the release date.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
39. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 20, 2013, 14:30 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 14:09:
Yeah, exactly. The PS4 has six different versions, each one tracked individually, with most of them in the top 10. Stupid article trying to make a horse race out of something that's obviously a slaughter. Clickbait.

If I'm not mistaken a number of them haven't actually been available in a while now, either, so they can't outsell something that is.

As to missing Christmas, the date on it shows December 31st because no release date has been set. Supply shortages might cause some to miss, but there isn't anything that's actually been set as far as a real shipping date yet to even know for sure.

News Comments > D&D: Neverwinter and Chronicles of Mystara Launch
10. Re: D&D: Neverwinter and Chronicles of Mystara Launch Jun 20, 2013, 14:27 PropheT

KS wrote on Jun 20, 2013, 14:18:
The classes seem like standard MMO classes -- "controlling wizard"? So this "love letter to both Dungeons & Dragons and MMO fans" abandons D&D and feeds us the old EverQuest tank/heal/dps model?

That was my disappointing first impression, too.

A love letter to D&D and MMO fans, nice! ...wait, what is this. These aren't even D&D classes. There's kind of nothing like logging on to a D&D game and not being able to find a class you really like when even the generic ones aren't covered particularly well. Not that the gameplay helped by making it interesting enough to care, it's one of the most bland and generic MMO's I've played and that's saying something. It reminds me of Star Trek Online if all you ever get to play is ground missions.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 19, 2013, 23:56 PropheT

robdot wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 20:37:
so, you have to go online on day one to download a patch, that will allow you to play offline.

Yep. Cue the Benny Hill music.

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 19, 2013, 23:49 PropheT

It's a hard game to describe, really. It's a good game with some nagging issues, but if you go in with realistic expectations I can't see that you wouldn't get your money's worth out of it. The questing is interesting enough that you can play it as a single player game with other people around and still enjoy it. That might even be the best way to approach it, actually.

Even if you only play it for a month and then quit, at $15 that's what you'd get from most MMO's. If you play it pretty hardcore for a month you'll hit the main gripe with the game, and that's that it didn't have a ton of content when it came out; I'm not sure how much that's been fixed, but there's still plenty there if you're not looking for a 5-hour a day fix for years type of MMO.

News Comments > War of the Roses Guns of Burgundy Update
1. Re: War of the Roses Guns of Burgundy Update Jun 19, 2013, 23:43 PropheT

I had to re-read the headline twice since I kept seeing "War of the Roses Rons of Burgundy Update" and then a few more times when I started to read it in his news voice.  

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
55. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 19:05 PropheT

nin wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 18:04:
I now christen thee "XBOne180"...

Xbox 180

NBCnews is borrowing your idea

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
53. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 19:01 PropheT

Creston wrote on Jun 19, 2013, 18:01:
As much as I'd love to say that it was gamers bitching that caused this, it really wasn't. It was places like Gamestop and Best Buy simply refusing to take Xbone preorders anymore, and actively steering people towards a PS4 (if reports are to be believed) that would have caused it. Microsoft doesn't give a flying fuck about its customers, only about publishers and retail channels.

Creston

I haven't heard of that happening anywhere, and I'm sure a company taking that stance would have been quick to hit the news.

I'd be more inclined to believe that pre-sale numbers at places like the ones you mentioned are what drove the decision instead. At least they made the decision, and made it now, rather than after release once it was too late. It's still $100 more and has Kinect strapped to it, but without the DRM restrictions that's a step in the right direction.

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
27. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 18, 2013, 23:36 PropheT

Dev wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 23:30:
Frags4Fun wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 20:18:
There's a simple solution for this. Don't buy the games if you own Nvidia.
Fixed that for you

Yep.

This story made me realize how few EA games I actually play anymore.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 17, 2013, 22:45 PropheT

When asked what Xbox One could offer to win the next generation console wars, Mattrick talked about "devices and services". He added, "We've got a bunch of unique assets, starting with Xbox Live, the largest community in the world with 46 million members, we have innovation in Xbox One with our Kinect sensor and SmartGlass two great examples. We have services like Skype and the ability to drive search and internet exploration."

So if I don't want Kinect, and I don't, the thousands of dollars of value suddenly becomes stuff I either already have on other systems or can get in better forms on my PC or even my phone.

Xbox Live isn't a selling point, it's a necessity if you own the system. I can't imagine there's anyone but the most diehard MS fans that would buy it because it has Xbox Live rather than buying Live because there's no other option if you already have the system.

It's also strange that every single one of those things is of questionable value when it comes to the games themselves. Kinect isn't going to take off into the stratosphere just because they're forcing people to have it now if they want the system.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Two
4. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Two Jun 13, 2013, 22:27 PropheT

"If we look at [the industry's] 10-year future or 20-year future, if we still continue to be inward looking rather than outward looking, I worry about it. That's why I think the indies, myself included, [have to push games forward]. We should be appealing to new audiences, we should be using this insane, crazy tech in a completely different, game-changing way, so these huge corporations turn around and say, 'you know what, maybe we should look at that software'."

I see him say this, and I wonder just how many of the indies are even trying it. Most of the indie games I see are just trying to emulate games that came out 20 years ago, not make games like we're going to want 10 years from now.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2013, 21:06 PropheT

Well, if developers are going to release games that aren't developed for PC's like they did for this generation then at least with a new generation we might get some stuff that actually takes advantage of the hardware. I think my current video card has been knitting little sweaters while I play games lately because it's bored with how little processing it has to do.  

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jun 12, 2013, 17:17 PropheT

I don't know why anyone would think it's just gamers given the popularity of comedy acts and shows right now like Tosh.0 that go pretty far out there with sexism, racist jokes, rape jokes, and so on. Communal humor is almost always tied in to current popular comedy culture.

It ain't just gamers.

News Comments > New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced
11. Re: New Warhammer 40K MMORPG Announced Jun 12, 2013, 16:07 PropheT

I want my Tau.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer
22. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online in Spring; New Trailer Jun 11, 2013, 19:45 PropheT

Fibrocyte wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 16:59:
fujiJuice wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 11:03:
Fion wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 10:07:
I'm a little worried because afaik it has not been playable at any convention to date, even with a release date barely six months away. I was playing GW2 at Pax East two years before it even hit, 40 minutes a go.

It says spring 2014, why do you say six months?

Because of Blue's misleading title. He really needs an editor.

I don't think it's misleading at all, it's just that the game was expected out spring of -this- year, and then speculation of fall, so seeing a spring 2014 release date is a pretty big and previously unannounced delay.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2013, 14:11 PropheT

For $100 cheaper it's a game console that most of what I read says is a more powerful platform and doesn't have the same DRM restrictions. Microsoft would have to rename the One to the 180 and backtrack on half the things they've established for the thing.

Most of what they announced is going to be on PC anyway, so the only game I'm kind of bummed about is Dead Rising 3 (assuming that it doesn't hit PC later). I like my consoles and would normally buy both eventually, but I'm just not seeing any reason as to why I would want a One. Even the name is annoying the crap out of me when I try to write about it. Xbone? XB1?

Console Wars are pretty stupid, but that's when it's a sort of Coke/Pepsi thing. For this new stuff it's like the competitors aren't even in agreement as to what market they're fighting for.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer
6. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer Jun 10, 2013, 21:14 PropheT

Rattlehead wrote on Jun 10, 2013, 21:03:
I'm stoked, and glad they are taking their time.

Yup, me too. I'd imagine that's why this is out as early as it is.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
2. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jun 8, 2013, 18:30 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Jun 8, 2013, 15:35:
Really, and what do 10 million plus illegals cost it?

About $2.50 an hour for the ones outside Home Depot I think.

2118 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo