Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2150 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 29, 2013, 14:25 PropheT

HorrorScope wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 12:25:
nin wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 10:00:
InBlack wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 09:44:
1 in 4 Young Adults Regret Social Media Posts Not Thinking Before Opening Their Mouth. (Or in this case before typing)

Also, anyone else notice that the 20-somethings are the new teens? As in all the angst, poor judgement, bad hormones, attitudes and personality problems have seemingly been extended by about 10+ years....

I blame Facebook...

I blame shitty parenting...

That is the last thing I blame.

What I found out is everyone is their own person.

I think the difference is that when we were 24, we had an idea of who we were already, or at least who we were going to become, and the freedom to follow that earlier.

Part of it is individualism and their drive to be independent and avoid this but as a general observation of people hitting their 20's right now, they aren't as ready for it because they're treated like kids right up until they leave the house...and more and more often that's not until several years after they turn 18. Kids are getting their driver's licenses later, moving out later, having society put rules on them that differentiates them between adulthood and being kids later.

Part of that is because society blames parents for things 16 and 17 year olds are doing under the insane assumption that they haven't developed their own will by then, but the other side of that is that so many parents seem pretty willing to follow along with the idea. It's less about varying degrees of stupidity and more about varying degrees of responsibility and accountability, and younger people seem to have less of that now than even ten or twenty years ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Shadowrun Returns Jul 27, 2013, 14:51 PropheT

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 13:33:
I loved Shadowrun for the SNES, I've read a few Shadowrun novels and rulebooks, I've watched people play the tabletop game, X-Com UFO Defense is one of my favorite games of all time, I could go for a single player RPG right now, seems like a must buy! Wait...checkpoint saves?!?!? HELL NO!!!!!! You can keep it, idiot devs.

I hate the lack of normal saving in the game, but it's really not a dealbreaker if you play it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Jul 27, 2013, 12:31 PropheT

ItBurn wrote on Jul 27, 2013, 01:22:
Also, there were many other good video game movies.
Both Tomb Raiders

The first one wasn't good, but in the second one she punches a shark. That's not the only moment that's outright terrible, but in what's otherwise a serious movie they thought a shark punching scene was a good idea. I guess instead of jumping it she takes it head on, but the result is pretty much the same.

Silent Hill isn't bad and has its moments, and Prince of Persia is a pretty good popcorn movie. Other than that, though? There's two video game movies I'd consider ok out of all of them they've made, and I'm not all that hard to please.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 26, 2013, 13:23 PropheT

Panickd wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 12:18:
On the flipside of the coin, it costs as much as a Roku and is capable of everything the Roku is and more. You can pipe YouTube, Netflix, Twitch, etc. to your TV and it plays games on top of that. It's like a better Apple TV!

Huh, I didn't even know it did that (although I've never really looked, either). That might explain why nobody is buying it for the games, I guess; I can't think of any other reason why people that own it wouldn't even bother to try a single one.

News Comments > 7.7 Million WoW Subs
22. Re: 7.7 Million WoW Subs Jul 26, 2013, 13:16 PropheT

dj LiTh wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 10:37:
BitWraith wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 09:57:
FTP games are chiseling away at WoW. Those 600k over that quarter are a direct result of Rift going FTP. Rift is a quality game, and I doubt it will stop at 600k. WoW needs to look into a new business model.

Somehow i doubt rift gained 600k subs directly from wow.

Have you logged on recently? The game is full even at 2am lately. Not that I'm saying all 600k directly came from WoW, but the influx of people was huge, and they had to come from somewhere.

As a side note, it's worth pointing out again that 7.7 million subscribers that they list aren't all $15 subscribers. A very large number of WoW players are in eastern markets that don't play monthly subs, and they've always been rolled into that same big number that gets tossed out.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
34. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 26, 2013, 01:22 PropheT

I guess I can understand wanting more, but I think they delivered exactly what they promised with the Kickstarter. Everything I saw from them that they showed during development to backers is exactly what was released; I'm happy I got what I signed up for, anyway, which is a lot more than can be said for far too many Kickstarter projects.

I'd be really surprised if the game doesn't get some major mod and campaign support as well, so it's got a good future ahead.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns
6. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Shadowrun Returns Jul 25, 2013, 15:19 PropheT

I'm liking what I've seen so far (which is just the introductory missions, unfortunately). The conversation options are good and let you inject a personality you want into the game, and the combat is very old-school Fallout.

I do hope the save system gets changed, though, not sure I like the checkpoint saves. The rest of it I'm really happy with.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2013, 13:16 PropheT

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 24, 2013, 11:02:
No Mr One of Swords, they exist everywhere, in many communities, in nearly all hobbies, across all realms of society. And that's when that whole editorial goes off track. Some humans are giant assholes on the internet. News at 11.

I was thinking the same thing. Read the a few comments sections on CNN articles and gaming forums start to look fairly tame.

That said, I don't think he's necessarily wrong, either. It does suck.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released
17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines: Stasis Interrupted DLC Released Jul 23, 2013, 20:16 PropheT

Beamer wrote on Jul 23, 2013, 19:05:
The official story was stupid, though. It negated most of Aliens.

Not only that, but it did it before the opening credits were even finished.

I'll never forget sitting in the theater for that, and how hostile the crowd's reaction to the movie was before it had even really started.

I disagree with people who say it wasn't that bad, though. It's terrible. One guy lives at the end, and I challenge anyone who's seen the movie to tell me what his name was without looking it up.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 22, 2013, 18:06 PropheT

There's already been the weird internet turnaround on the XB1 on some gaming forums I've seen. It got so much hate so fast that it became mainstream to hate the system, so the counterculture sprung up as a result that loves it despite everything.

It's enough to make me feel like I might just be getting too old for this shit

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Jul 21, 2013, 20:59 PropheT

Simon Says wrote on Jul 21, 2013, 13:29:
NO WARNING ON THE VIDEOS! "Play Value - Failed Consoles Part One and Part Two". This should go in the "Out of the blue" Media section or be tagged accordingly in the Sunday Consolidation.

Thank you for your attention.

It's a link to Youtube, I'm not sure what more warning you need that it's going to be a video.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2013, 14:24 PropheT

I'm probably the only person in the world who hated Avengers, and this is actually a big part of why. It's bled into every other comic film Marvel is releasing (Iron Man 3 was horrible due in part to forced tie-ins to Avengers), and DC is going to want their piece of that pie with the Justice League at some point so it's going to head the same way. The story lines that work in comics don't work in movies.

Basically, it just pushes comic movies away from what's actually made them good over the last ten years or so finally... the ability to relate to them with at least some sense of reality mixed in.

Maybe I'm wrong and that's what everyone really wants, but all I see coming out of this is another Batman and Robin level comic movie implosion that stops getting any of them made. Until they go back to rebooting them all again in 20 years, or something.

News Comments > On Sale
21. Re: On Sale Jul 21, 2013, 01:15 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Jul 20, 2013, 22:43:
I bought the new CoJ and Conquistador for $10 each and they're totally worth it. So yeah, look at it like the savings on some stuff buys you another game entirely.

Conquistador really deserves more attention. I'd been looking for it to drop in price, and was bummed when it missed the community choice vote. I finally just figured screw it and bought it anyway, and it's way better than I expected.

News Comments > On Sale
16. Re: On Sale Jul 20, 2013, 21:50 PropheT

I've gotten some stuff that I enjoy that I probably wouldn't have grabbed otherwise because of this sale, but it's getting tiring when the community choice games are just repeat picks of things that have been on sale over and over again since it started. There have been a handful of games that didn't get the opportunity to be on sale other than the community choice, and they've wound up losing the vote to things that have been on flash sales or the main sale already :p  

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale Jul 19, 2013, 21:03 PropheT

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 19, 2013, 19:59:
So far, this steam summer sail has been a terrific flop in my eyes. I've bought more indy games than big-studio games but can still count them all on one hand.

What big-studio games have there really been since the last sale, though? The only ones I can think of are Metro, which is on sale now for half off, and Assassin's Creed 3 that was half off earlier.

I think it's been this way because there isn't anything else that has come out anytime recently to really be eligible to be discounted by any appreciable amount.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 19, 2013, 20:56 PropheT

It's actually pretty easy to believe given how terribly Dead Rising 2 ran on the 360. The PC version didn't just look better but actually ran without massive constant frame dips throughout the entire game. I'd still be surprised if despite "breaking the bank" on the 360 that didn't mean that Microsoft re-filled that bank with an assfull of cash to keep it an XB1 exclusive.

I still hope this one comes to PC as well. It's the only release title for either new console that I'd be eager to play, but there's no way I'm buying an XB1 just for DR3.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2013, 14:07 PropheT

If it stays like it has been the last few days you can hold a steady 225 without even lighting the grill  

News Comments > New GeForce Beta Drivers
3. Re: New GeForce Beta Drivers Jul 18, 2013, 17:14 PropheT

These absolutely refuse to install on my system (GTX670, Win8x64). Just black screen hangs when installing the driver, have done system restores a few times to get it back and try again but nothing's working.

Had this same issue a few driver versions back, will be disappointed if they start happening again with the install packages.

News Comments > End of Nations Alpha Returns
2. Re: End of Nations Alpha Returns Jul 17, 2013, 22:27 PropheT

What ever happened to Rise of Nations? That game was great and the series just kind of disappeared after the weird fantasy sequel thingie.  

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2013, 22:25 PropheT

NBC News has a story about the amber alert in New York and a bit of an explanation about it, made me think of the OOtB when I saw the story.

Amber alert EMS story

It sounds like the kid is ok, too.

2150 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo