Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2071 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 12, 2013, 11:40 PropheT

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 12, 2013, 10:11:
Why the double-speak?

This article explains it better what happened and their response.

PS4 Terms Change

Oh and I see PS4'ers are going to be thin skinned, kill the Bone at any chance but if someone just states facts (PS4 takes 30 seconds to boot up) they attack the article as being anti-ps4.

That article was posted here last night, and it annoys me because it doesn't mean what the headline of their article says. People complain about gaming journalism all the time and this is a pretty good example of why; report first thing you can, don't check your information, make sure and release it in a way that incites the horde and then fact check it and update it later (maybe). It bugs me because every single time something like this gets reported, you need to take it with a grain of salt and head straight to google to find out the truth for yourself...there no trust in any of it, no credibility.

I don't know who you meant about being offended by the boot time or voice command articles, there's not even a single comment about them here.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 11, 2013, 22:25 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 21:51:
Sony to disallow resell or renting of PlayStation games after initially supporting it.
Sony may 'monitor and record' PSN voice and text communications.

Whoa. Is Sony going full Microsoft?

No. The terms aren't any different than they are on PS3 right now, and they haven't prevented used game sales (or made an attempt to). It's ambiguous legal speak to say they retain the rights to the game and selling pirated copies is frowned upon.

As for the monitoring thing, that's already done everywhere anyway so it's not really surprising. I've read that it's required for legal reasons in some areas, but I'm not sure where. MS is using Skype for the XB1, and their retention of text is pretty well documented along with the belief that they keep voice data as well (I believe for the same reasons, but I'm not exactly a lawyer).

I can't help but think this stuff is like a late-campaign political smear ad, it just seems oddly timed and used for information that isn't unexpected or as shocking as they want people to believe.

36. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2013, 21:11 PropheT

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 20:35:
Bunch of PSN games coming that actually look more fun than the BD games at the stores. I dunno, I was waiting for Watchdogs and Driveclub, so I'm still wondering what to get to test the system out.

Warframe is fun and should be available, although it's a PC game already so your mileage with it may vary. It's worth a look if you haven't tried it out already for sure.

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 11, 2013, 16:41 PropheT

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 11, 2013, 16:05:
What I am hearing from people who preordered, their credit card is being charged and the boxes are getting ready to ship out.
Not sure in the US but here in Canada I usually get over night delivery with amazon orders. I am sure it will ship today or tomorrow.

If it's anything like other things I've gotten there, then usually what they'll do is run a pre-auth on the card a day before or so to make sure they can charge it when they send the order to the warehouse to ship, so that's what people are probably seeing.

I'm kind of excited to get mine finally, but I don't even know what I'm going to play on it. I'll find out if it I can get what I want before the 2 for 1 thing devours their stock tomorrow morning I guess.

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
8. Re: Sunday Interviews Nov 10, 2013, 21:39 PropheT

GL1zdA wrote on Nov 10, 2013, 17:45:
I don't think they designed the loot system around the AH.

Have you played the console version? It's pretty apparent after even just a chapter or two that the loot for PC isn't anything comparable because you're meant to "trade" for it (use the AH).

Just as a comparison, when my LAN party of 4 people played through D3 at release, we found 2 unique items in the entirety of the game; both were underleveled for where we were when we found them. In the console version, by the end of Act 2 I had 5 unique items equipped on my character, all level appropriate, combined with the random-stat yellow rare gear that I'd found that was also all level appropriate. I was better geared at level 24 on my console character than my level 42 character I had on PC was when I went back to check simply because my level 42 character still had a bunch of level 15-20 gear for lack of finding anything better that was right for my class/level.

Beat normal on console, you're ready for Nightmare. Beat Nightmare, you're ready for Hell. No re-grinding chapters for loot or gold or in most cases just buying the gear on the AH to progress.

There's really no comparison or question as to whether or not D3 was designed around the AH for its loot system, it absolutely was.

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
19. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 9, 2013, 21:26 PropheT

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 20:11:
Really? Check that link out. Cash shop. You can buy in-games pets, mounts, etc. It has been around for a long time.

There is no in-game cash shop in WoW. Why not link to Amazon or Ebay where people are selling loot cards from the card game and call it a cash shop because they have items you can get for the game? You can buy XBL avatar items and DLC from Gamestop, are they a cash shop too?

News Comments > Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P
14. Re: Shocker: WoW Not Going F2P Nov 9, 2013, 17:50 PropheT

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 9, 2013, 13:41:
Not as ignorant as you think. WoW already has a cash shop in place, which they use to generate profits IN ADDITION to sub fees. They would literally have to turn off subscription services and just start putting more stuff on the cash shop in order to pay for the servers.

Wow doesn't have a cash shop. I think they might sell boosters in China or Korea or something like that, but the NA servers don't have anything like that.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced
27. Re: World of Warcraft Warlords of Draenor Announced Nov 8, 2013, 22:16 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Nov 8, 2013, 17:44:
Yeah, it looks like they had to forgo their typical rendered trailer for something put together with the game engine.

Can't really show off new character models in a CGI trailer.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 6, 2013, 16:36 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Nov 6, 2013, 16:27:
Probably because social media is inherently shallow and useless so like attracts like. What does Twitter do but contribute the destruction of grammar and language?

Well, the only things I know about that happen on Twitter I learn from CNN...so, as far as I can tell, the answer to that is that it contributes filler for 24 hour news.

3. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 5, 2013, 22:48 PropheT

D4rkKnight wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 21:40:
That's really cool, this is a great game with Dark Arisens additions. I really hope Capcom makes a PS4 sequel.

Me too, it's one of my favorite games in the history of ever.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Nov 5, 2013, 12:21 PropheT

Verno wrote on Nov 5, 2013, 10:05:
The new director did an amazing job with FF14, I don't play personally but I've heard nothing but good things about it from others. To turn around that turd is nothing short of a miracle.

I don't think they did, honestly. What bugs me about the praise it gets is that it still has nearly all of the same complaints that got it panned the first time it released; it's certainly less buggy, but that wasn't what earned it so much hate when it originally launched.

Their insanely rabid fanbase going everywhere to spread word of mouth that it's fixed and a great game seems to me to be what made it successful, along with perfect timing in that no other MMO has really come out recently and no one was waiting for one at the same time.

Don't believe the hype that's gotten around about it, there are much better free to play options out there than what this offers for a sub.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure
8. Re: Warhammer Online Goes Free Until Closure Nov 3, 2013, 18:46 PropheT

D_K_night wrote on Nov 3, 2013, 13:08:
The game had many genuinely good ideas, ideas that were adapted into future MMO's past it. It was supposed to have far superior PvP content vs WoW's. Didn't it support realm vs realm combat too? All these things should have led up to a game which should have given WoW a good run for it's money.

And then Wrath of the Lich King came out and buried WAR. I think this game deserves a developer post-mortem. What exactly went wrong?

It did have better PvP, did a lot of things better. What it didn't do was compete from a PvE standpoint, though, by either having no or almost no AI for things you fought to having no PvE endgame and no real benefit to anything else you did cooperatively outside of RvR.

PvP games are niche games, and this one was made to bridge the gap and never stepped outside of being a PvP game. It didn't help that within a year or less of coming out they had just quit trying to do anything with it at all.

When it's all said and done, though, can people name even a handful of MMO's that have shut down that haven't been related to EA? How many MMO's has EA been behind that -haven't- shut down? They keep throwing money at them, expecting them to be immediately huge for their own WoW-type player base and paycheck, and then do nothing to support them once they (very predictably) aren't.

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 1, 2013, 14:53 PropheT

A good game isn't going to suddenly be a bad game because it's running at 720p instead of 1080p, but there's really no denying that it looks better at higher resolution. Considering how similar the systems are, I'd also be more worried about optimization's effects in the future...it's more likely that the difference will become more pronounced over time than less considering where the hardware does differ this time around. "The Microsoft console manages to hold up despite the undeniable, quantifiably worse metrics in terms of both resolution and frame rate" doesn't exactly give me hope that a $500 investment would be a good idea without waiting to see how it pans out a year or two from now.

Basically, if it's running the same game at lower resolution and at a lower framerate that's a problem, where just lower resolution may not be.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2013, 20:33 PropheT

Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 18:59:
Really? It hurts the game that Boston's won 3 titles in the last ten years in baseball? I don't agree. It's hurt it just about as much as the patriots winning 3 out of 4 superbowls in the early oughts.

I do think it hurts the game. Since the lockout in 94, almost 20 years, there are only 3 teams that have won the World Series that either didn't repeat or play in another World Series in that same time frame. 3 teams make up half the wins since then.

Football has always had its dynasties, with the Steelers in the 70's, the 49'ers and Cowboys (and the Bills, I guess) later on, then the Patriots. They do have a lot more diverse supporting cast in Super Bowl opponents, though, especially since the salary cap changes were made in 94, and I've never really heard people talk about a serious lack of parity in the league since.

I'm just saying, fans seem pretty happy with football but I never hear anyone talk about baseball around here anymore.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2013, 18:15 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 14:21:
Whoa! Free market, brother. What, you some kinda commie?

I'm kind of of a hockey guy, so...yeah, I think so

Creston wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 12:51:
On the flipside, the WS champs of the last 3 years, Giants, Cardinals, Giants, had middle-of-the-road payrolls. Boston didn't win because of its massive payroll, it won because it has great young pitchers AND because it has the best hitting coach in the league. (A poor guy who never gets any recognition, but who turns every guy who goes to play for Boston into an absolute fucking grinder at the plate. Facing Boston's lineup destroys pitchers.)

They won because they did something smart with the money instead of just having a big payroll, but there's no way their big payroll wasn't part of it. Boston is #4 for payroll, San Fran is #6, St. Louis is #11, depending on where you read. Looking back at the last ten years, the only team to win the World Series that wasn't in the top 10 salaries are the Cardinals, and since 1994 the only teams to win that aren't currently in the top half of the league's salaries are the Diamondbacks and Marlins (who both were when they won, if I recall).

You don't get the best players or keep them otherwise and it hurts the game.

39. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 31, 2013, 16:00 PropheT

Axis wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 15:45:
Seeing how hard drive speed is one of the major bottlenecks today, I'm glad to see Sony remedied this with a hard drive and bandwidth tech from early 2000...

Yea, these articles just prove what many have been saying since the whooping on the wii u specs -- it's not all rosy amazing nextgen for your beloved xbone and ps4 -- it's just plain old upgrading, and in some cases, not an upgrade at all.

It's a 2.5" drive, that's not much different than the standard average drive you see out there right now. It'd be disappointing if the interface wasn't SATA 3 for upgrade reasons down the road, but not surprising and really not that big of a deal anyway.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2013, 12:27 PropheT

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 31, 2013, 09:07:
Even has someone who pretty much gave up on baseball in 1994, I have to say this series had some interesting game endings...

I saw the obstruction call ending last weekend and it was crazy, but the ending of the entire series still leaves a familiar bitter taste. It just doesn't feel like there's any parity in the league at all when a team that wins the series has $40 million more on their payroll than the team they beat, and -they- had almost $40 million more on their payroll than the Twins or the Mets (who have a 3B who makes about half as much as the entire Astros team combined). The Dodgers had a payroll ~$200 million more than the Astros in 2013, which is just crazy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 30, 2013, 21:04 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 20:24:
IS THERE ANYTHING THIS MAN CANNOT DO???

I'm going to go back to your first one and say act...

I'd say he played the derpy guy on That 70's Show pretty well, but he's been that same guy in everything he's ever done including interviews where he wasn't acting

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 30, 2013, 20:57 PropheT

NKD wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 19:28:
PS4 will not play MP3s, will not support connecting external storage such as flash drives, and will not stream media from other devices like your PC.

Neither of them are going to be able to use flash drives or external drives right away. The XB1 isn't supporting external storage at launch, either.

I'm really not sure why they're not putting in DLNA support right away, though. I mean, hell, my TV does it by itself with no other attachments and it's a couple of years old and not a ridiculously high end model or anything.

They did say in a tweet or something I saw somewhere that they're considering adding support for DLNA/MP3 after launch now, though, due to feedback.

News Comments > Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts
26. Re: Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts Oct 30, 2013, 18:35 PropheT

Suppa7 wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 16:16:
PropheT wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 16:00:
I don't know why you'd want 2 or 3 accounts anyway,

Any game that requires a login like F2P/MMO often merges with your steam account, if you want to create a new character you're forced to create a new steam account. This is why people have more then one, simply to create new characters because of steam integration.

You can create an account for any of the free to play games on Steam without doing it through Steam, though. Wouldn't that just be an added step that you're better off without?

2071 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo