Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2135 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Strider Next Week; New Game Modes Detailed
1. Re: Strider Next Week; New Game Modes Detailed Feb 5, 2014, 19:31 PropheT

I never really cared for the arcade version that much, but the NES version was one of my favorite games back then.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
7. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 22:27 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 21:21:
I'm tired of monthly fees from anyone and everything. Seems like everyone has their hand in your pocket and wants to keep it in there month after month. And most of them don't even come close to warranting it.

Not that I disagree with that, because it's sadly true, but I prefer a monthly fee with MMO's. Free to play is far too often just a creative way to ensure that you spend more money on that "free" game than you would if you were paying a sub.

But, yeah. The way everything is monetized now it's just a personal preference of which method sucks the least.

News Comments > More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites
4. Re: More Elder Scrolls Online Beta Invites Feb 4, 2014, 20:49 PropheT

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 20:08:
Anyone who's previously been in the beta will likely have gotten keys as well.

I didn't this time around, although I didn't actually need a key last time to log in anyway.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison
14. Re: Tomb Raider Definitive Edition Graphics Comparison Jan 30, 2014, 13:20 PropheT

FU wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 12:35:
I don't understand why people r getting bent out of shape if the console version looks better.

I'm not sure. The PS4 version does look better, but they redesigned things to make it that way so there's no reason it wouldn't. IGN's comparison video is actually better than this one, from what I watched, since it doesn't slow everything down for some weird reason.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released
31. Re: Battlefield 4 Mantle Update Released Jan 30, 2014, 13:01 PropheT

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 12:03:
My hope is that this will give Nvidia a reason to lower the cost of their cards. As it is, they're out of control with their prices.

If you go shopping for video cards right now Nvidia's are cheaper than AMD's since all the Radeons are being bought out for bitcoin mining. Even when they weren't the price differences weren't as significant as they had been in the past anyway.

News Comments > Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed
3. Re: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Collector's Edition Detailed Jan 29, 2014, 21:54 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 20:37:
Charging full price game for what amounts to a tiny DLC. Lol, no wonder I'm done with Actiblizz.

Not sure what you mean. It's about the same size as the expansion for Diablo 2 was, although that had two classes instead of one.

I think it's even the same price if I remember right, I'm pretty sure that was $40 when it came out, too.

News Comments > ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic
19. Re: ESO Preorders; Imperial Edition Confirmed; Opening Cinematic Jan 29, 2014, 20:47 PropheT

Jivaro wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 18:28:
I know I am in the minority here, but I am currently a fan of the game based on my latest experience in the beta. After my first weekend I was a bit disappointed but I have found it more entertaining the more time I have had with it. I dig the trailer, they did a nice job with it. I am disappointed that they are choosing to put something like a "race" in a CE. I don't think that is a very well thought out decision.

Yeah, the trailer is amazing. It's as good as anything Blizzard has done, and theirs are great.

The race with the CE is just a bad idea. I'm on the fence about the game, and being faced with that being the only real choice to me leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

The monthly fee doesn't bother me at all, since there aren't really any free MMO's other than Warframe that I've preferred that model for.

News Comments > ESO Imperial Edition Outed
17. Re: ESO Imperial Edition Outed Jan 29, 2014, 16:26 PropheT

Rossini wrote on Jan 29, 2014, 11:44:
While I'm not a huge fan of CE's and vanity stuff, in this case I don't mind giving them an extra 20 bucks for the Imperial edition bonuses because I've gotten way more than my monies worth out of Skyrim.

This isn't Skyrim, or a successor to it. It's really not much like it at all.

I hate preorder bonuses like this. Gear, ok. Xp boost, sure. A race that you can't get without pre-ordering the expensive collectors edition? For me that's a pre-order bonus that says either I buy this edition of the game now, or I never play the game at all, period.

For some people maybe it's not a big deal, but for me that's a deal breaker and this game hasn't done enough to sell me on spending that kind of money for it.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots
10. Re: Legend of Grimrock II Details and Screenshots Jan 27, 2014, 23:47 PropheT

I liked Grimrock, but playing Might and Magic lately has made me realize just how much I missed the story and dialog rather than just a mindless dungeon crawl.

Will still probably go for Grimrock 2 when it comes out, though.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jan 27, 2014, 22:53 PropheT

Well, it's not like you can just return them after you've had one, and the police caught on to the whole sell the rest on Craigslist thing way too fast for the average parent to take advantage of it. By the time you have two, you start to think that maybe you should have a third so that they'll just play with that and leave you alone for a while and it's all downhill from there.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 22:00 PropheT

I think they brought up 1080p/60fps in every single game they talked about at E3 last year, and I think Forza is the only one that actually wound up doing it when it released.

Maybe it is a little overblown, but that's still their own foot in their mouth that they're talking around now.

News Comments > SOE Closing Four MMOGs
11. Re: SOE Closing Four MMOGs Jan 24, 2014, 21:47 PropheT

Fleche wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 20:47:
Werdna should have dropped a Tiltowait on that pile of crap Wizardry. They used the names but nothing else of the original.

Wizardry is a fairly popular series in Japan from what I understand, and is still active... it just doesn't really resemble the old games that we played way back when dirt was still new and interesting.

Grimrock and now Might and Magic have breathed a little life into things again if you miss that stuff, but Wizardry 6 and 7 will always be some of the best memories I have with gaming.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 15:39 PropheT

avianflu wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 12:18:
The launch games on both were hastily made, or ports: not sure anything is "proven" there.

That's true, but they had the same amount of time for both systems. Tomb Raider has had enough time to be ironed out before its release but still has a performance gap between the systems as well, so unless that's an anomaly for whatever reason the same thing is holding true when the games aren't rushed for launch.

No matter how you cut it there's a hardware advantage. I think the question was just if developers were going to aim for the lowest common denominator or actually take advantage of that difference, and if they do how much will it actually matter to people buying the consoles.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2014, 12:01 PropheT

Sprecher out of Milwaukee is my personal favorite, but I don't think it even comes in cans. Smooth, and reeeeallly good.

Apparently they sell actual beer instead of just root beer, too, but I've only had the root beer

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 24, 2014, 11:53 PropheT

Beamer wrote on Jan 24, 2014, 11:12:
#2 I don't think is a big factor yet. We haven't actually seen evidence of it playing anything better. We've heard rumors, but of the games released, don't some play better on the Xbone? And none are much better than the PS4.

Well, nobody's had any luck getting Forza to work on their PS4 but everything else has run better on it. I haven't heard of any games that are running better on the Xbone, although there are a few that did manage to get up to the same frame rate and resolution. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some talk of BF4 running better on it, but it'd be pretty difficult to argue that was a hardware thing rather than just being a better working port (which wouldn't have taken much).

There's been multiple mult-plat games that have come in at lower resolutions and lower framerates on the Xbone, and the new Tomb Raider coming next week is another one. It doesn't mean the games are bad, so it's kind of up to people buying systems if that matters to them, but when the competitor is $100 cheaper and is running a number of games better you do have to wonder what the extra cash is getting you.

I'd actually expect it to be a bigger issue a year or so from now if it really is just the straight-up hardware advantage that it looks like on tech sheets.

I kind of hated Prototype, but Infamous was fun. It's a good free-roam super hero game that turned out to have a good story and ending. The second plays better, but I didn't personally enjoy the story as much.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 23, 2014, 21:36 PropheT

Total-Khaos wrote on Jan 23, 2014, 21:15:
No-name voice actors for Blackguards? Um, I'd rather listen to the same voice a few different times across multiple NPC's instead of listening to a SINGLE voice actor speaking in 12 different fake accents. Yes, that is right. Blackguards uses one single voice actor who speaks in 12 different accents to voice everything. I did not enjoy it as much as you did obviously lol...

So you didn't actually play it, you just read that in the review of the early access from RPS.

There's ~23 different voice actors in the game for the English version, you can see their names in the credits from the main menu.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 22, 2014, 22:20 PropheT

Crustacean Soup wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 22:01:
Who uses 32-bit IE 10 or below? I'm sure a lot of businesses do, and Cracked is a nice site to view while bored at work...

The place where I work is still dependent on IE 7/8. Entire business, thousands of computers, because security changes in newer versions that prevent older business applications with browser integration from working without extremely expensive upgrades and long testing periods.

Sucks, but it's fairly common.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blackguards
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 20:14 PropheT

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:26:
PropheT wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 19:00:
It helps if you've played Drakengaard

Dude. Game's called Drakensang, not Drakengaard.

Err, oops. Well, at least you knew what I meant

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Blackguards
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Blackguards Jan 22, 2014, 19:00 PropheT

I've really enjoyed this, although it's not perfect. It helps if you've played Drakengaard or those games just to understand the RPG mechanics behind the Dark Eye stuff, but they're still manageable.

I swear it was cheaper when I bought it, though, I guess it was a good deal to get the early access.

News Comments > EA Paying for YouTube Love
13. Re: EA Paying for YouTube Love Jan 22, 2014, 12:11 PropheT

InBlack wrote on Jan 22, 2014, 09:53:
That EA would resort to this though is no surprise. Its just a step away from what theyve already been doing with review magazines and sites for years....

There was an article a while back about them paying people to troll forums with positive posts about their games, something that I think is a lot more common than many people realize.

2135 Comments. 107 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo