Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2117 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2014, 13:30 PropheT

Ratty wrote on Aug 14, 2014, 11:01:
I love the beard, and I love the look. He really pulls off the respected elder Jedi look in that shot. I'm actually looking forward to seeing him in the movie.

I'm not really keen on the idea of having the old characters in the new films at all, but he definitely looks the part with the beard. He's the one I'm least worried about in the new movies, really, since he's never really NOT been Luke Skywalker and still looks like him.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date
11. Re: Warlords of Drednor Livestream to Reveal Date Aug 14, 2014, 13:19 PropheT

November 13th... was hoping for a little sooner, but that'll do.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 23:40 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 22:09:
Still Zenimax is being pretty stingy. It works against them not to provide this. Next time fewer people will wait for the Steam key instead of buying directly from them.

Does it really matter? You can add games you didn't buy on Steam to your library so you can use the overlay while you play them, if that's what this is about.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month
7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Update 4 Next Month Aug 13, 2014, 21:20 PropheT

Silicon Avatar wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 19:15:
I like it. *shrug*

I was kind of just done once I hit veteran level content... but I liked what I played of it, too.

As for now, though, Warlords of Draenor release date announced tomorrow...

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Announced
4. Re: Company of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault Announced Aug 13, 2014, 20:24 PropheT

dumpy wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 18:48:
While we are on that topic; NO MORE SPACE MARINES.

I'd do awful things for a new Dawn of War game :p

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer
13. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Trailer Aug 13, 2014, 16:29 PropheT

Creston wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 13:41:
The story in DA2 was actually pretty good. The Qu'nari, the mages and templars finally exploding into all out war, cool companions, etc. It's just the combat sucked ass, and mostly because of the spawns issue, which they had already pretty much addressed in the DLC/expansion. I've played through DA2 twice (if you just turn the combat to normal or easy, so you can blast through it in 20 or 30 seconds, and then switch it back to hard or nightmare for the boss encounters, you don't get too bored with it, at least imo) and actually quite enjoyed myself the second time.

I think I shed a little tear there

DA2 had some pretty serious flaws that earned it some well-deserved criticism, but there was a lot of good stuff too. I really enjoyed it, and I'm even looking forward to some of the returning characters in Inquisition.

Bioware seems pretty serious about this game, putting a lot of time and effort into it...which by itself kind of alleviates a big part of what caused the most major problems with DA2. I'm excited for Inquisition because I liked the first two anyway, but also because I get the impression that they've gone the extra mile after the criticism they received in the past.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 12, 2014, 20:51 PropheT

Orogogus wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 19:41:
People keep saying this, but I don't get why. If someone offers you money for an exclusive, you wouldn't hand over your biggest blockbuster, would you? The best thing would be to use something that wasn't selling a bunch anyways. And if you're able to scale back expectations and development costs accordingly, so much the better.

Isn't that what they did, though? If TR sold 6 million+ copies, that's in the same range as the last Final Fantasy game (and well more than the smaller FF releases like Lightning Returns).

Starting to look like a timed exclusive anyway (Here) so saving on costs isn't really it, either, it's just grabbing cash when it's being fronted the same way it was done last console generation when everyone hated it.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: etc., etc. Aug 12, 2014, 20:03 PropheT

Like he mentions in that video, just the glut of games on distribution services combined with an inability to filter through them in any adequate way has become a huge problem. Steam's opening the flood gates fairly recently has made it a gigantic pain in the ass considering the actual usability of the store; not being able to simply go back to where you were in a list of games after you click to look at one is infuriating, and during their sales they actually make it worse by randomizing the damn lists for the sale so when you go back you can't even see them in the order you did originally.

I'm not entirely sure that there aren't too many games too, though, rather than just the store issues like he says (the title of the video is a little misleading if you haven't watched it yet). There's a lot of shovelware out there on Steam now, Amazon is just as bad, and I'm sure others have the same issue... finding games is easy enough, but finding games that are actually worth the money isn't. The glut added onto the stores hasn't increased the number of games in that particular pool in any way that I've noticed, it just makes them more like Apple's appstore where there's so many cheap things that it's nearly impossible to find any actual value anymore.

6. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 12, 2014, 19:39 PropheT

I love TR. I've even finished all the crappy ones, and I think the only one I ever played on a console was the original on the PS1.

I guess it's a 'win-win' for Microsoft, but it sure isn't for many of the people who've supported the series for so long. Even with a franchise like that I still can't see buying an Xbone, though, and it's tough not to be bitter about using different shitty business practices to entice people to buy a system that they didn't buy in large part because of shitty business practices.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
36. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 16:47 PropheT

Denthor wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 15:45:
Not that tomb raider reboot held a candle to any of the uncharted games.

I'd much rather play TR than any of the Uncharted games. The 2nd one was good, but the series is really overrated.

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs
23. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox Exclusive; Skipping PCs Aug 12, 2014, 13:08 PropheT

Fuck them and fuck Microsoft. It was only a matter of time when nobody wanted to buy their system that they started throwing money around to do this, but it doesn't make me any less angry.

I'm guessing that this is probably just the first in a string of games they'll do this to.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Aug 11, 2014, 19:16 PropheT

My wife said they liked to build them around post to take advantage of military families, too. She wrote her paper when she was finishing her bachelor's recently on the payday places, some really screwed up stuff.

Really sad to hear about Robin Williams, it's being reported everywhere now it seems.

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 11, 2014, 19:09 PropheT

Night Trap is a mildly interesting footnote in gaming history for the uproar around it at the time, but I'd be surprised if there were enough people willing to put the money down to actually play it again now.  

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs
26. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Roaming onto PCs Aug 7, 2014, 15:48 PropheT

Desalus wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 12:35:
4K resolution! I'm guessing that will appeal to <1% of the PC gamer market!

I have a video card that cost more than my PS4 did and 4k isn't realistic for me... I use a 2560x1440 monitor and at least according to the Steam survey, that was less than 1%...4k was barely a tenth of even that if I remember the most recent survey correctly.

As a side note, DR3 and Ryse on PC soon enough just seems to further and further dilute any reason to actually buy an Xbox One right now. I can't imagine Microsoft is entirely pleased with that scenario, so hopefully they don't start throwing money at developers to keep things off of PC.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 7, 2014, 00:54 PropheT

garrywong wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 14:17:
Do you watch people at the Olympics and go "so what, that guy ran a mile in 4.5 minutes. I can drive it in 40 seconds." Do you watch MMA fighting and say "I could take any one of these guys if I had a gun."

Looks like the point has sailed way above your head.

garrywong wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 12:27:
Doesn't make it any less cute that these people consider this level of play to be at all "skillful".

It's like saying "This guy is a beast! He's #1 at fingerpainting! But UH UH! Doesn't matter if you're a real genius artist, you can't criticize his skills unless you're better than him at fingerpaiting!"

...so out of curiosity, what was your point? Because it looks like you said exactly what he thought you said.

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
21. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 02:49 PropheT

Endo wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 01:50:
It'll go up, but not all that much. WoW is on its long slow way out.

The real problem keeping old-school players (like myself) from ever coming back is that they've just changed it too much. All the old WoW we'd want to experience again is long since gone. They'd probably get more re-subscribers if they just re-released vanilla or TBC WoW than with a new expansion.

It's not the game that most old players are missing, it's the people and guilds and everything that made the game what they thought it was back then. The game itself is better now than it was during vanilla or BC... people pining for the old days need to realize that their nostalgia for that period wasn't the game itself but the experiences they had during it, and those aren't just going to re-materialize if that game came back.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 4, 2014, 13:36 PropheT

I think part of their willingness to admit shortcomings and be straightforward with the Windows phones is that it's not gaming. Major Nelson has sort of turned in a PR drone out of necessity since every single thing he'd say was dissected, digested, then shat out and thrown back at him by the gamers reading his posts. It's just not possible to be forthcoming and honest in that kind of environment for too long.

For Nintendo's part it's that they still haven't figured out how to come into last decade, much less this one. They seem to operate a decade behind everyone else for whatever reason.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 1, 2014, 22:20 PropheT

Julio wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 20:20:
No thanks, I'm not giving Gamestop my fingerprints. What's next, giving them your DNA?

It's more of a problem with pawn laws and legal requirements for second-hand stores and the requirements of anyone selling something to the store there than it is with Gamestop. In the effort to stop criminals, you're legally required to assume everyone is a criminal.

jdreyer wrote on Aug 1, 2014, 21:08:
They're also being REALLY generous to XBox.

That's kind of an understatement. When the article sports statements like this:

Sure, we've gotten some good games like Forza Motorsport 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome, but more effort to keep consistent releases coming would've been nice.

When Ryse is sporting a whopping Metacritic score of 60 and Forza's been lambasted for its nickel and diming, those being the prime examples of "good" games on the system are a big part of why I haven't seriously considered buying it. It's also a little iffy when one of the biggest positives about the system is that you can now buy it without a part that they said was integral for the first 6 months of it being out because there's no real reason to have it.

Both of them need really good reason to buy them at this point, but when the cross-platform games are better on the PS4 in virtually every case I just don't see any reason to buy an XB1 right now. I have a PS4 but barely use it as is, and any of the big Xbox exclusives I can get arguably better versions of on my PC.

News Comments > Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit
12. Re: Gearbox Fights Aliens Lawsuit Jul 31, 2014, 22:05 PropheT

NetHead wrote on Jul 31, 2014, 21:57:
I wouldn't so quick to pain things black and white, for all we know Sega used video/footage provided by Gearbox. Do we even know that advertising was both the responsibility and done by Sega, sure I would presume so but you know what they say about presumption, even then back to did Gearbox provide the video.

The simple fact is we don't know enough about what happened and/or enough about the contracts to make any such conclusions.

From the PC Gamer article about this:

The crux of Gearbox's argument is that it made the game under contract, and that the publisher, Sega, called all the shots and was responsible for all the marketing. Thus, any legal action should be aimed at Sega—and in fact, according to the claim, Sega asked Gearbox to keep quiet about the suit so it could handle the situation itself.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 29, 2014, 22:26 PropheT

I wouldn't jump the gun on saying it's a great deal. It's important to note that it's $1/gb to a maximum of $25 if you go over that small data cap, though, and you're only saving $5 by taking the deal that includes the cap. In order to save $5, you could wind up costing yourself more than that in overages pretty quickly.

2117 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo