Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2166 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 9, 2014, 23:51 PropheT

nin wrote on May 9, 2014, 23:18:
Rather amazing they try and play the victim, after threatening to sue someone if they didn't alter/remove a review.

I don't understand why they didn't just reply to the review and offer the facts, since it's well within their power to do that. I've seen it done by other sellers there, and it seems like a concise way to deal with a problem review for them in a way that actually shows they're trying to work with customers instead of suppressing any they don't like.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
46. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 9, 2014, 02:18 PropheT

NKD wrote on May 8, 2014, 22:42:
What level did you get to?

Not high at all, but I'm not sure. It wasn't more than a handful of levels. Between the questing that seems designed for you to click through it and follow an arrow rather than actually get involved in it and struggling to do basic things with the UI I had no interest in forcing my way through in hopes that it gets better later. My problems with it aren't with lack of skills or abilities or the sorts of things that resolve as you level, it's the basic functionality and interface that I hate.

News Comments > WildStar Beta Open To All
41. Re: WildStar Beta Open To All May 8, 2014, 22:03 PropheT

Fibrocyte wrote on May 8, 2014, 15:13:
Ahhh... typical Bluesnews. Bashing the hell out of a title even though they haven't played it or they barely played it.

This game is very satisfying to those of us who like MMOs and want a new one to play. It has similarities to WoW and it differs significantly.

I love MMO's, and play or have played most of them. After trying Wildstar again today I don't have anything positive to say about it, and I usually at least kind of like practically anything that's competent. Aside from the art and animations there really isn't anything I enjoyed about in my time I spent with it, and it still has the worst UI of any game I've played in recent memory even after they updated it.

I want to like it but really, really can't get into it at all. This game was hyped all to hell and it just sucks.

News Comments > WildStar Open Beta This Week
6. Re: WildStar Open Beta This Week May 6, 2014, 21:22 PropheT

NKD wrote on May 6, 2014, 19:44:
The leveling curve isn't as fast as most modern MMOs, and with the focus on bringing back a "vanilla WoW" style of raiding, it'll be too hardcore for a lot of folks. Kiddies with attention deficit won't have too much fun in Wildstar, neither will the non-MMO players who insist on playing MMOs by themselves then complaining that they aren't having any fun.

Does anyone actually want that? I'd be genuinely surprised if they get actual old-school MMO raiding into the game and more than just the small poopsocking hardcore 1%'er crowd actually likes it.

As for the non-MMO players who play by themselves, eh. Whatever. I've solo played every MMO since the ones that you weren't supposed to solo, so I'd consider myself an MMO player. Just because you don't want to wait for 5 people to take a shit every time you pull a monster and then get yelled at for not pressing buttons in a specific order to the pleasure of a sweaty bastard on ventrilo doesn't mean you aren't a "real" MMO player. MMO's in general are a pretty casual market, the more you focus on the hardcore at the casual player's expense the less likely the game is going to go anywhere, or be worth playing in the first place.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black May 6, 2014, 19:03 PropheT

Bringing back the old cast kind of gives new meaning to when they say they've spotted walkers past the south beacon.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse May 5, 2014, 23:07 PropheT

Pigeon wrote on May 5, 2014, 20:52:
I'm sure he'll be here any minute to stop those packets from being dropped.... annnny minute....*crickets*.....Hello?

Sorry about that,he does this sometimes. You just need to insert more money to get him going again.

News Comments > Bethesda Seeks Testers
2. Re: Bethesda Seeks Testers May 5, 2014, 23:03 PropheT

This is unexpected, they usually just do their testing after release.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance May 2, 2014, 03:15 PropheT

This is actually kind of amusing after the article that was here a few days ago about how people should totally switch to Firefox now because it was like Chrome, only for numbers to not-so-shockingly show that Firefox users kind of preferred Firefox to begin with.  

News Comments > Defiance Going F2P
9. Re: Defiance Going F2P May 2, 2014, 03:10 PropheT

I had a good time with it, there just wasn't enough to it to keep me interested. It's kind of mindless fun, but you can get a lot more depth and more frequent updates with Warframe if you like PvE and better competitive play out of about 10 other TPS games out there.

Still, free is affordable and you could do worse for a decent diversion during the dead summer gaming months.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Road Ahead May 1, 2014, 12:23 PropheT

Creston wrote on May 1, 2014, 11:22:
Wait...

A justice system—steal from and kill NPCs and deal with the consequences if you are caught

This is NOT in the game? You call it Elder Scrolls, and there is not even a rudimentary justice system?

To be fair, implementing something like that well in a style suitable for Elder Scrolls without the capability of saving and reloading previous states is far more complicated. I'm actually curious how much freedom like that the players will be comfortable with when their choices aren't a function key away from being fixed.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man 2
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Apr 30, 2014, 11:46 PropheT

InBlack wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 09:04:
Does anyone like the new reboot?? Spiderman2 was a pretty decent flick, but the new films give me the 'cheap-teen-drama' vibe...

Yeah, I like it. It's not perfect, but I think the only reason people are hard on it is because it came out so close to the Raimi movies that you can't help but compare them even though it's a completely different style.

Spider-man 2 was the best comic film around when it came out, but it didn't really age very well (and it's not that old).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 30, 2014, 11:42 PropheT

I liked Almost Human a lot, but it never seemed like they were going to let it take off anyway. It almost seemed like they were shown out of order and with so many multi-week breaks that they were actually trying to kill it or make people forget it was on.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 28, 2014, 17:34 PropheT

Fion wrote on Apr 28, 2014, 11:08:
I rather dislike that the show revealed who did it. The books have only ever hinted at the culprit or culprits. Which lead to lively debate among fans IRL and on the web.

And yes, the story has changed from the book quite significantly with this episode. I do wonder where they are going with it and why the change was made. Just so they could reveal a (not even in the books) BBEG? Martin releases a new book every 4-6 years and it's been just under 3 years since Book 4. So it's entirely possible Book 5 will hit before they are done with Book 3 & 4 on the show.

6. Book 5 is the one that came out a few years ago.

I don't watch the show (I've seen 2 seasons, and a couple of other episodes since, and don't know what they revealed yet), but my impression was always that it didn't really matter who killed him. It was inevitable, and by the time it happened it just didn't matter a great deal who actually did it or even why as long as it was done.

I am a bit dismayed by the fact that a series of books that I started 15 years ago is likely to be spoiled by the TV show, all but guaranteeing I never finish reading them. Assuming the series ever actually finishes in print, that is.

News Comments > Op Ed
18. Re: Op Ed Apr 24, 2014, 16:18 PropheT

Beamer wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 11:23:
For many, though, I think the numbers are just a way to feel justification in the crap you've irrationally aligned yourself with. Engadget got rid of numbers, because iOS fans and Android fans were constantly rubbing it in each other's faces when one device got 0.1 higher than another device. It was bragging rights for the corporation you obviously loved.

That's been the warhorn for Xbox One since it launched (the PS4 has no games because our games averaged .4 higher at launch!). Hell, there's probably an argument on Amazon about the proper toaster to buy because of a difference in star rating there, too.

I've found that reviews rarely mean anything to me anymore, but I'm not sure they're for older people at this point. The younger crowd wants Angry Joe ranting hyperbole about small game features as if they're life destroying choices, but I've yet to see a case where that was helpful in determining if I should buy a game or not; it's usually the opposite. If I passed on the games that get 70's in the last couple of years in favor of the "must have" games from the big reviewers, I'd probably have quit gaming entirely and certainly would have missed out on my favorite titles in that time frame.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 12:28 PropheT

I've used Chrome for years and don't get the things he's saying in the article. I've never had the crashes he's describing, ever, and if he's worried about Chrome being used to track what you're doing and then later boasts about how you can use two different search engines in Firefox instead (one most likely Google anyway) then I'm not sure he even understands what he's talking about. They'll track that usage too.

Firefox was a resource hog when I used it, crashes frequently, and was generally slower than Chrome. It'd be great if they fixed that, but even if they did I don't see a reason to switch back since I don't pile on add-ons anyway.

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
28. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 14:42 PropheT

nin wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 12:14:
Watching the trailer earlier (when the V/O starts), I thought that was French Hottie, back from DA1...oh well.

It's the inquisitor from DA2, although there was a quick shot of someone who looks a lot like Leliana later in the trailer. I wouldn't be surprised to see her back.

I'm excited for the game. DA2 was disappointing because it wasn't really a worthy sequel to the excellent first game, but I still had fun with it. Bioware's worst game is still better than nine of out ten games out there.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Apr 21, 2014, 20:54 PropheT

I was going to post how I thought they already had, and then I opened the article and actually read it (weird, I know) and it's about the auto industry. Heh.  

News Comments > The Golf Club Early Access
2. Re: The Golf Club Early Access Apr 18, 2014, 11:40 PropheT

I've still yet to see a game that captures the experience of a real game of golf where my brother crashes a cart and my dad is cracking dick jokes every hole, but I might give this one a shot if the swing mechanics are well done  

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 16, 2014, 21:51 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 20:26:
I think the article said that NJ gave Verizon $15B in subsidies to build out high speed connections. For that amount, the state could have built its own fiber network.

The sad thing about it is that the municipal costs to lay the fiber are higher than the cost of what the companies pay to do it. Tearing stuff up and then putting it back together again to lay the fiber costs more than the installation does, and yet that part gets paid for with subsidies on top of what local governments pay to get the installation actually done...and even after all of that, it's still hard to get them to do any actual service outside of areas that they consider the most profitable, and then they may just turn around and sell or lease that network to someone else anyway.

Not that it really matters, they often lobby to stop municipalities from building or owning the networks in the first place.

13. Re: Evening Metaverse Apr 15, 2014, 00:09 PropheT

PHJF wrote on Apr 14, 2014, 20:55:
I think I just figured out where that missing airliner went!

I feel bad for laughing at that as much as I did.

2166 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo