Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2206 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam
30. Re: Respawn on Titanfall on Origin vs. Steam Dec 20, 2014, 12:45 PropheT

I'd probably play a little of this every day if it had a single-player mode against bots or something. I like the game quite a bit, but I'm just not fond of Multiplayer-vs. shooters at all anymore.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges
4. Re: Blizzard Exploring Gold for WoW Playtime Exchanges Dec 18, 2014, 23:10 PropheT

"While we agree that this would be a good way for us to make more money, what we're mostly interested in is the money. We think we'll make a lot of it.

We look forward to ignoring any feedback you may have as we move to implement this feature."

With the expansion post-level cap leaving a bitter taste in my mouth and their forecast offering nothing of value about helping with that, them getting excited about new ways to kick the cash cow and make it moo just sort of irks me.

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC
10. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Free & Paid DLC Dec 17, 2014, 13:00 PropheT

Mounts are worthwhile in the Hissing Wastes, at least as far as what most people seem to say, but I barely used mine there, either. The bog unicorn is an ugly decayed horse with a giant nail through its head, and the armored mount got dat big ole butt, so even if you did want to use one I doubt anyone would really miss the DE mounts anyway.

The weapons/armor are pretty useless, too. I replaced this armor before I ever left Haven, and it's pretty easy to have better schematics before the higher levels of it unlock as well if you do side quests and clear areas.

I can't see it being worth it for most people, but I guess it's nice that they offer it at least.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Resumes
12. Re: Steam Holiday Auction Resumes Dec 13, 2014, 02:16 PropheT

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 19:30:
I still don't see any benefit of exchanging items for gems....

Me either. I haven't really done anything with the six pages of cards I've built up playing games since it became a thing, and if I sold every card I had for gems I'd have about 3200 gems or so.

Since Borderlands the Pre-Sequel is going for 68,000 gems right now, 1000 gems would be worth about $1.15 to make that an even deal to buy the game at $59...but the cards I have would sell for about $7-8 if I just sold them all individually, meaning I'd make twice as much toward buying that game normally if I just sold the cards like I can any day of the week rather than converting them to gems for the auction.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Dec 12, 2014, 12:18 PropheT

panbient wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:31:
InBlack wrote on Dec 12, 2014, 09:22:
First it was the music industry and channeling Satan through hard rock and heavy metal, now its this shit....

Just wait until they figure out how to play video games in reverse!

This asshole plumber locks a princess in a castle with a big Koopa monster, and then proceeds to place traps like spiked turtles all through a maze of jumping puzzles to keep people from getting her out.

Misogynist!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released
11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released Dec 11, 2014, 00:36 PropheT

Jivaro wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 23:16:
You save "good guy" Revan from the Emperor...than he finds out there is a cult based on him and he shuns it....than he decides they are useful and uses them to build an army because neither the Sith Empire or Galactic Republic are worthy of ruling and goes all "I am not Jedi or Sith, I am just better than all of youm MUAHAHAHAHAHA"...and than you play this expansion.

Obviously it's not quite like that but I figured you would want the short and easy version.

Oh.

Well, shit.

Thanks for the information, though

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
65. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 10, 2014, 00:24 PropheT

Redmask wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 20:59:
Appreciate the link but I don't feel like risking a character on their barely tested bullshit. Letting some time pass before applying the update, hotfix or not.

It's just a shader issue, it didn't change anything about your characters or alter saves.

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 21:26:
Allow me to sincerely thank the early adopters... I'm looking forward to getting this in a year or so, at this rate.

If you aren't willing to deal with an issue here or there or entering a command line switch now and then I really have no idea how you'd ever be happy with anything, even on a console these days. Being an early adopter doesn't really even mean anything considering most companies out there never fix the issues their games launch with in the first place. Half the games you get on the Steam sales anymore are just paid beta early-access stuff anyway.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 9, 2014, 20:09 PropheT

ISP's add 4k video streaming to list of benefits starting in 2035.  

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released
1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Shadow of Revan Released Dec 9, 2014, 20:08 PropheT

Why is Revan a bad guy? My Revan wasn't a bad guy anymore.  

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans
56. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Free Content Plans Dec 9, 2014, 19:27 PropheT

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 18:05:
HAHA sooo well deserved for anyone who once again fell for EA/BioWhore's hype and bought this piece of shit console port on release!

Neener-neener-neener

...Seriously? Are you 8?

Drayth wrote on Dec 9, 2014, 18:59:
Hotfix on the way, and a temp fix for now posted by one of the Bioware peeps. It's near the bottom of this thread...

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/521697-pc-community-concerns/page-252

Consolidated information thread

A little quicker and easier to read for the info, one of the community guys seems to be posting there as well.

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
73. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 20:14 PropheT

peteham wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 19:18:
Does Inquisition have enough of a progression curve and enemy variety to keep things interesting throughout on hard, or is it better to just melt face?

Also, how's the exploration aspect of it? Is it anything like Skyrim where you see something cool-looking on the horizon and decide to go there and check it out, or it it more in the Ubisoft style where you just follow a bread crumb path of map markers everywhere?

The difficulty is a little off, at least on normal, because you start out fighting things slightly above your level pretty often and eventually progress to being a bit too high for most of what you do...assuming you're an explorer, or a bit of a completionist with the zones you visit. If you focus on the story first, your level should be about right and the challenge would be greater. The game opens up and allows you to just go and do what you want fairly early, which is both good and bad for the difficulty curve depending on how you play.

As for exploration, it's one of the best RPG's out there for that. It does have markers on the map, but nothing that ties you to using them as progression markers. They aren't boundaries at all, and it's pretty rare that I find myself heading directly for anything marked rather than just wandering and dealing with whichever quest I happen across first. Even when you're just starting out there's absolutely nothing that says you need to go to X and complete that quest before you can proceed to Y... you're just tossed in the pool.

It sort of supports both play styles in a way, but I've never really focused on the map while playing and just tend to walk toward whatever looks interesting as I go. It doesn't feel as guided or leashed as most modern RPG's do.

62. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 16:44 PropheT

Verno wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 14:41:
I just did the stuff I found enjoyable and ignored the tedious stuff as much as I could, there was a lot of it though.

Dragon's Dogma was the shit, still no sign of Deep Down or a Dragons Dogma 2 unfortunately.

That's probably the best way to do it. I actually think a completionist might want to just finish the game first, and then go back and do a second to do everything later since there's so much to do that it slows the main narrative considerably.

Capcom registered Dragon's Dogma 2 Online in the EU recently and teased that they were going to tease something. Not sure how I feel about that, since DD is one of my favorite games ever but I don't think I'd ever want it to be an online sort of game... either way, there should be an announcement from Capcom really soon here and it sounded like a sequel was possibly it.

51. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 14:24 PropheT

Verno wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 14:05:
Most of the other zones have the same sort of stuff, just in less volume. Find a note here, go drop off this thing or kill this guy. Collect some shards, find the astrariums, the Inquisition needs its main leader to pick more plants etc etc. I've done basically every zone in the game and while some are more interesting than others, they all share a lot of filler content. You can ignore some of it but if you want to get into crafting at all then you'll be doing a lot of collecting.

Unlike MMO's where you're required to do those things to progress or level, you really don't have to do them for those reasons in Inquisition at all. I find that I like those sorts of thing because they're objectives to be completed as I explore, rather than seeking out and completing fetch quests when I get to an area like it's a themepark design.

I complete pretty much all of them without ever actively seeking them out, so they don't get to me like a WoW-style NPC with an exclamation point over their head where you can't continue until you've done everything in a linear fashion.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
40. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 15:40 PropheT

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 12:01:
If DA:I is as good or even better than Mordor I'll be very satisfied. Going through Mordor now, what a wonderfully produced game with what I feel is the best combat/action game in a RPG I've played yet.

Where is best tactical game? I played several very good one's this past 12. They'd fine the largest production one and give the award to it, but there were so many it should be a category.

I went back to grab Mordor when it was on sale last week after all the recommendations and praise here, and Amazon was sold out of keys. I really wish I'd just grabbed it when I first saw it :/

Tactical games kind of made a resurgence this year, between Divinity and Wasteland 2 and Endless Legend and so on. There was enough of them that it really deserves a category of its own... even Pokemon keeps refining its game, so it's not strictly a PC-space.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
25. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 03:55 PropheT

Warskull wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 03:29:
Dragon Age: Inquisition just shows the people selecting the awards were clearly not qualified. Dragon Age was the best megapublisher game of the year. Between EA, Square-Enix, Ubisoft, and Activision it was the best. However it was still only above average. It was the easy familiar pick for people who had no real knowledge of gaming. They clearly didn't play Bayonetta 2 or Dark Souls 2. Really DA:I was the least worthy of the award from the nominees.

I'm just going to politely disagree. The idea that it fell short of the hype is ridiculous when every gaming forum I read prior to its release was just a tirade about how terrible Bioware was now, and how Inquisition was going to be crap.

Inquisition is one of the best RPG's ever made in my opinion, and nothing else I've ever played has ever come close in size and scope to what they built there. The game has more content than a lot of MMO's launch with, it's crazy.

As far as the others, I haven't played Bayonetta 2... but Dark Souls 2 was one of the most disappointing games I played this year. I loved the first two in the series, and I actually regret buying DS2.

News Comments > Game Reviews
30. Re: Game Reviews Dec 2, 2014, 18:01 PropheT

The melee facing issues drove me nuts getting started with my warrior since I was tanking, but over time you sort of get used to it. The issue stemmed from the "Move Backward" key not actually moving you backward like, say, World of Warcraft, but rather turning you to run forward to the camera instead. The target lock works but seems kind of wonky when you rarely use tactical view.

I eventually restarted as a mage because I wanted to be able to hang out with companions other than the mages offered (Solus is ok, Dorian is ok but not my kind of character, and Vivienne is a Tyrannobitch as often as not). Usually I'm tromping around with Cassandra, Blackwall, and Varric... I really like Blackwall, but I guess I see why some people wouldn't. There's a lot more to him than there seems to be at first.

Sera, on the other hand, can take a flying leap off Skyhold and I wouldn't shed a tear.

I'm as many hours into Inquisition on my mage as it took to beat any of the Mass Effect games, and I'm barely past actually becoming the Inquisitor. I don't really want to post impressions since I knew I'd love the game going into it, but it's nice to have a game actually turn out to be better than you got hyped up for.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2014, 19:52 PropheT

nin wrote on Nov 28, 2014, 14:07:
Kinda liked the fact they didn't lean on established characters right off the bat.

Me too.

Unless you consider the Millennium Falcon to be an established character, because that part was awesome.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 28, 2014, 14:07 PropheT

I'm kind of tempted to pick up Shadows of Mordor since it's only $20 there...  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 24, 2014, 12:15 PropheT

ldonyo wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 11:29:
Also, contacting Dragon Age servers was an issue throughout this past weekend, at least for me. Hopefully, for EA's sake, this is not the beginning of another SimCity-esque server meltdown.

It's not. They were getting nailed by DDoS attacks over the weekend again by the same jackasses who have decided recently that the best way to punish game companies (for whatever reason) is to make it so regular folks can't sit down and play their games in their time off.

News Comments > Alienware's "PC Gaming Console"
16. Re: Alienware's Nov 21, 2014, 20:23 PropheT

Redmask wrote on Nov 21, 2014, 19:54:
If you want a console just buy a damn console. PCs are supposed to be open platforms that give users flexibility. Why would you want to totally undermine the unique features of the form?

What are you going on about? You can do whatever you want to this machine, you own it and it's running Windows.

You can't upgrade or replace the most integral parts to any gaming machine in this box. You definitely can't do whatever you want to it.

You make sacrifices when buying a system like this and Redmark's argument that those sacrifices aren't worth it is a fair one. It's the same argument (and complaint) that a lot of people raised about Steam machines, and look where those are.

2206 Comments. 111 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo