Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Troy C.

Real Name Troy C.   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname PropheT
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 17, 2000, 22:20
Total Comments 2069 (Senior)
User ID 6273

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released
9. Re: Dark Souls II Crown of the Sunken King DLC Released Jul 23, 2014, 00:36 PropheT

Dragon's Dogma is my favorite game, I've played through it so many times... the only thing I'd say about it is that I wouldn't recommend reading anything prior to playing through it at least once, just find your own way and don't sweat it if you miss a quest or two.

You can really powergame it hard, and most of the info out there now is for the metagame of perfecting your character, etc... just better to skip any guides and have fun with it instead, and do the powergaming later if you want to.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Rising 3 Preorders & DLC
3. Re: Dead Rising 3 Preorders & DLC Jul 23, 2014, 00:30 PropheT

It was half off on the Steam summer sale (first day I think?), so pre-orders have been underway for a while now. I guess it's a good way to make some press for the game before it releases, though.  

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed
20. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Delayed Jul 23, 2014, 00:26 PropheT

LittleMe wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 18:37:
Icewind wrote on Jul 22, 2014, 18:16:
They need the extra few weeks to tighten up that riveting romance dialog they are so famously known for.

lol yeah with multiple dramatic dialog options.. I like what the Unbended devs said about multiple choice dialogs in their FAQ page:

Actually, those Multiple Choice Dialogue systems tend to slow down the game flow while not offering anything relevant for the game content-wise.

Well said. I don't like how DA:O is so dialog-heavy and force feeds story. Keep the soap operas on TV please.

The multiple choice dialog systems require you to have interaction and involvement in the story so that you're participating in it and actually have to pay a bit of attention instead of just clicking past it and on to the next fight.

Unbended is also an action RPG, it's not even the same kind of game as Dragon Age. They're not saying multiple-choice dialog systems in general are bad for games, they're saying it's wrong for their game.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 21, 2014, 22:03 PropheT

Destiny went from being a game I knew absolutely nothing about to a pre-purchased obsession after playing it this past weekend. I was just about to hit the level cap for the beta on my third character when the servers went down last night

I don't even usually like console shooters, but there's something really addictive about it.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Jul 21, 2014, 21:58 PropheT

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 21:16:
Also: Polygon - Do they publish anything that isn't ridiculous click bait?

No.

To be fair, I think they're trying to be journalists in the vein of what 24-hour news networks are and are largely succeeding. Emotional pieces sell better than dealing in straight information, outrage generates more clicks than being thoughtful, and when there's no news to report you can always create your own using those rules.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
7. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 17, 2014, 21:10 PropheT

wtf_man wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 15:36:
Did I call it, or what?

You're on a watch list now somewhere, you know.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam
21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online on Steam Jul 17, 2014, 20:00 PropheT

jdreyer wrote on Jul 17, 2014, 19:41:
With an MMO, you go in with your friends, and if it doesn't work out then you've all lost a lot of money and hundreds of hours.

I have a hard time calling any game I get hundreds of hours out of a bad deal. Hell, if I got hundreds of hours out of it that's already a better deal than 90% of the games I buy.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 17:15 PropheT

mag wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 16:18:
My understanding from elsewhere is that Man-Thor gets depowered and Lady-Thor rises up and picks up Mjolnir to put the hammer down.

Yep, kind of a Beta Ray Bill situation...this isn't the first time it's happened in the comics, although last time was in the nutty comics era of the 80's.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2014, 12:56 PropheT

Loki as a woman was the most interesting run of the Thor comic they've ever done, so kind of curious to see how this works out.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities
13. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Patch Introduces AI Personalities Jul 16, 2014, 02:31 PropheT

Quinn wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 02:18:
Won't this be horribly annoying? Sometimes I really, really, really want to pick a certain choice like forgiving someone instead of executing them on the spot. If this AI will automatically pick the other option and I'm left with a rock-paper-scissor game against my own companion... I'd be rather frustrated when I lose.

You can set a certain personality type, so they will make decisions based on that; if you don't want to do it, though, you can still play it where you control the decision making for both characters. I haven't seen if you can change it at the End of Time customization mirror, but I assume you could if you wanted to.

I've found the dialogs to be so completely awkwardly written as it is that I think setting my other character to AI might actually liven up the experience a little by causing things that I might not otherwise do myself.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: In Defense of Horse Armor Jul 15, 2014, 18:02 PropheT

yonder wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 17:40:
Here's my main rule on DLC. You should never feel OBLIGATED to buy it, and you should never feel as if you are screwed if you don't buy it.

EA's final nail in the BioWare coffin, Mass Effect 3, had a similar Day 1 DLC. Sure, it was "extra" in theory, but you felt screwed if you didn't buy it, because (spoilers) IT WAS A DAMNED PROTHEAN (/spoilers). It wasn't like the extra characters in ME2 where, honestly, if you didn't get them, you didn't really miss much. The ME2 character DLC, while awesome, was truly EXTRA.

The extra character was a deluxe edition option, not really DLC; it was only DLC for people who bought the regular edition that wanted to upgrade after the fact. I don't see it as much of a complaint that they included something with a deluxe edition that actually made it worth getting, when most of the time it's useless stuff. He still wasn't a necessary component of the game any more than the optional character in ME2 was, he was just a more interesting character.

I would think that providing something you can purchase separately for the game that's compelling enough to make you feel like you need to have it would be a good thing, rather than 41 DLC packs that you can take or leave but might as well throw some money at.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 14, 2014, 18:03 PropheT

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 16:00:
I always wonder why the hell game designers think future weapons are still going to feature revolvers. Talk about outdated tech. I mean, they're outdated NOW. Thousands of years in the future? Not to mention everything is still being operated by a hammer and firing pin? Really? No caseless ammo? No plasma rifles in the 40W range?

They're reliable, and don't suffer from the same jamming problems you can get with other firearms in dirty environments. Any way you look at it, no matter how fancy our technology gets it's always going be effective to throw objects really hard at the guy you want to hurt so bullets will always be a cheap and effective way of doing that.

News Comments > Game Reviews
7. Re: Game Reviews Jul 10, 2014, 12:20 PropheT

InBlack wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 10:35:
Dont lose too much sleep over that. The really 'bad' sort of cancels out with the horribly 'gushing'. Hence, average scores...

The only reason this one is getting flak is because of the score. Others on metacritic reviewed the beta, which didn't even include portions of the game past Cyseal, and aren't getting any of the moaning because the scores are better.

Hell, most of the complaints about this review are because the screenshots are old and he talks about the graphics in the review, but that is what the actual game looks like at release. I disagree that there's anything wrong with how it looks, but to each his own.

The writing is average at best, the difficulty is all over the place, and once you get past those areas that were in the beta the game feels less cohesive. It's a good game, and I'm really enjoying it, but the community has decided it's the game of the moment and therefore has no faults so there's hell to be paid by anyone who says otherwise.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast
14. Re: Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast Jul 10, 2014, 03:36 PropheT

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 10, 2014, 01:50:
Don't be silly.. it's a Sega game.. that Publisher will NEVER allow mods

That's probably not far off, they used an in-house engine for the game so it's unlikely that the tools will ever be available to modders.

News Comments > Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast
6. Re: Alien Isolation Preorder Bonus Features Film Cast Jul 9, 2014, 21:20 PropheT

I don't know if I trust them that this game is going to be good, but I love Alien enough that this actually makes me want to pre-order.

If the last Aliens game that I bought before really seeing a lot about it hadn't been the video game equivalent of someone kicking me in the nuts and stealing my wallet, I'd probably have done it by now anyway.

News Comments > Firefall This Month
10. Re: Firefall This Month Jul 8, 2014, 12:31 PropheT

Fibrocyte wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 12:14:
The problem is I have several level 85 (or whatever the previous max was) level chars but since I mostly skipped MoP I'd need to grind out those 5 levels and I don't want to do that. Oh well.

You can raise them to 90 and skip it if you buy Draenor, it comes with a free character level boost so that people in your situation can come back and play with friends if they wanted to.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Jul 7, 2014, 19:28 PropheT

scratz wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 16:52:
My PS3 automatically detects my Plex server and plays any of that content.

Has this feature been removed in the PS4?

PS4 doesn't support DLNA from what I know of, unless it was added after launch and I didn't notice, so it won't autodiscover and requires the workaround and app in the article.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil
33. Re: Divinity: Original Sin Sells Like the Devil Jul 5, 2014, 22:26 PropheT

Jerykk wrote on Jul 5, 2014, 16:33:
1) There's no hotkey for "Take All."
2) The container window doesn't automatically close when you click the Take All button or walk away.
7) Your companions each have their own individual money and key inventories.

9) There's no hotkey for switching between ranged and melee weapons, forcing you to use up two slots in your hotbar.

I think others might have chimed in on this already, but you can take all from chests and it does close the boxes/barrels/whatever. Walking away from it does close them as well.

#7 is because you can separate your characters and be in completely different areas, so it's necessary. Some of the puzzles and areas of the game wouldn't work or would be trivialized if these inventories were shared.

For #9 it does kind of suck, but you do at least get 3 bars to work with so it's not too bad.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
24. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 30, 2014, 18:03 PropheT

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 16:23:
Do yourself a favour and put that troll on ignore like all the other smart people around here.

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 12:12:
Why do the PR people keep allowing her to speak when she's only there to be pretty? Everything she just stated only shows why she should have never been promoted in the first place. That's the problem when companies choose looks over talent.

Cutter wrote on Jun 30, 2014, 16:23:
Do yourself a favour and put that troll on ignore

...Good idea.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
18. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 15:49 PropheT

WaltC wrote on Jun 28, 2014, 15:26:
Gee, guy, take a look at anatomical charts for men and women and study up on how the human race procreates (how you got here, in other words), and you may just discover the reason homosexuality has been a deviant sexual practice in every civilization on earth since the dawn of recorded history. Long before there were churches, etc.

You know none of that is true, right? There isn't any evidence to support that every culture (not civilization) has looked poorly on it at all, and it's been a more or less accepted part of culture in most areas that weren't dominated by Abrahamic religions. There's also been religion of some kind more or less since the dawn of recorded history. The facts don't really support the prejudices and never have, it's just been part of societal norms in different cultures that have largely based those norms on religion.

2069 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo