Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4346 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011
22. Re: DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011 Apr 3, 2013, 23:05 DangerDog

bring back the classic doom characters!

HD doom classic screenshot

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
42. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 16:37 DangerDog

JayDeath wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 16:30:
So silly. All LucasArts has to do is listen to the fanbase, release a reboot of Tie Fighter and watch the cash roll in!

It would be stuck in 3rd person view with motion controllers being the main focus.

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
31. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 15:59 DangerDog

Drayth wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 14:47:
That sucks, I was actually looking forward to 1313.

maybe, until you actually got to play it and found it to be nothing but a linear short game with a lackluster story.

I still think their "demo" was a total B.S. target render of what they wished the game would play like.

Almost all of Lucasarts favorite games were made by out of studio companies, one can assume that the licensing fees would be so high that it would be in the realm of extreme risk to take on making a Star Wars game. Until it's proven that the next Star Wars film can bring the fans back around I wouldn't expect anyone willing to take that step, Star Wars and Indiana Jones seem very toxic right now.

Disney is mostly known for pump-and-dump game development, even if they handed over the license for Star Wars to DICE to make a proper battlefront game I wouldn't expect them to understand the benefits of long term support.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Apr 2, 2013, 22:21 DangerDog

Needs more pitbulls  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video
23. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 21:06 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 19:44:
Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 19:40:
That was probably the most unimpressive and boring tech demo I've ever seen.

As a piece of storytelling, it's pretty crappy, but as a tech demo, it's impressive for a real time render. I'm curious why you found it unimpressive.

I think it's because we've been duped into this sort of marketing spin way too many times, I'll remain jaded until games are released that actually look and play like this demo.

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game - Shatner vs. Gorn Trailer
2. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game - Shatner vs. Gorn Trailer Mar 29, 2013, 21:03 DangerDog

most entertaining thing to come out of making this game, looks like Shatner needs to cut back on the Gorn stew.  

15. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 18:15 DangerDog

A good chunk of the demos budget went to writers.  

7. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 16:24 DangerDog

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 16:13:
Yeah...Rasta Ninja.

No thanks, I'll pass.

It's not a game, it's just a show piece.

4. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 15:44 DangerDog

nin wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 15:27:
If it's true this is rendered in real time on a single card (and they say it is), it's pretty damn amazing.

Doesn't mean that games will look this good though, think back to all those fancy in engine cut scenes and how the actual game graphics were much lower in fidelity, animation not as smooth etc.

With no physx on consoles I wonder what the physics setup is for UE4? Are they sticking with physx at all on the PC?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
69. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:44 DangerDog

Julio wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 18:41:
Don't see any upside more than BF3 already has...no bots, not very interested.

The playerbase will implode when BF4 is released, if you want to keep playing Battlefield multiplayer you'll need to purchase #4.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC
66. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:28 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:22:

I'll get Arma 3 if it offers bot matches.

That's pretty much what Arma 3 is, the PvP just isn't much fun. It's mostly co-op against enemy AI units.

News Comments > Rising Storm GDC Trailer
1. Re: Rising Storm GDC Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 21:53 DangerDog

I wish them luck but I won't be picking this one up, WWII pacific theater isn't my thing.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 End Game
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Battlefield 3 End Game Mar 26, 2013, 21:47 DangerDog

Hmm I like the maps in conquest, ctf really depends on how much teamwork is taking place. The rush mode for the maps are lacking.

anyways

EA has confirmed with us Battlefield 4 will be available for pre-order starting at 10pm PST on Tuesday, March 26, 2013 on the digital-distribution site Origin.

Along with the news of the standard edition being available for pre-order, the ‘Digital Deluxe Edition’ was also detailed. The DDE will include “access to the Exclusive Battlefield 4 Beta, Bonus Content, as well as the a Battlefield 4 Premium Expansion Pack” according to EA. The Digital Deluxe Edition is available exclusively on Origin.

Fans will be able to pre-order their copies of Battlefield 4 later this evening. We will have more information on the exact contents of the digital offerings when it is made available by EA.

Although the promotion is not live as of yet, it will be at 10pm PST.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Teaser
21. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Teaser Mar 25, 2013, 15:38 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 15:16:
KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 14:03:
Ue3 sucked so they better step up here.

What didn't you like and what engines did you feel were better?

Or is this one of those standard "UE3 sucks but I have nothing to back it up with" arguments?

Let's start with texture pop-up, very few games that used the engine properly dealt with that issue.

You really have to work hard to remove the feeling that you're playing a mod for Unreal Tournament 3 and way too many games just felt like lazy game developers recycling the included assets with the dev kit over and over again.

The physics in the engine always felt like a "good enough" check box feature and always tainted games in a bad way, most egregiously with anything trying to implement vehicles were just plain awful 90% of the time.

Those are some of my gripes, I can only think of a few games that overcame the deficiencies - Mirrors Edge for example and DICE replaced a lot of the subsystems included by default. Just replacing the lighting was a huge improvement.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Teaser
17. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Teaser Mar 25, 2013, 14:28 DangerDog

More graphics fluff that you'll want to disable in some .ini buried in the install folder.

They're really going to push tessellation as a massive, huge deal because console gamers haven't experienced it at all.

meanwhile the enemy AI will still respond like a box of rocks.

News Comments > Call to Arms Trailer
1. Re: Call to Arms Trailer Mar 24, 2013, 23:41 DangerDog

I think I'll wait till company of heroes goes modern  

News Comments > Researchers: Battlefield Play4Free Vulnerable
5. Re: Researchers: Battlefield Play4Free Vulnerable Mar 24, 2013, 04:07 DangerDog

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 17:24:
It's because they locked EVERYTHING behind that smarmy freemium 'progression.' You have to spend a few hours playing just to unlock the ability to have and use a hand grenade...

It was more than that, the graphics were so effed up and the player movement felt really bad. Massive step back from BF2.

It's like all these games that have been released since the original Tribes came out, none of them could get the skiing down to the way it was - even Tribes 2 felt sluggish to the original. If you can't nail down the player movement then everything from there on out is going to be crap.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2013, 04:13.

News Comments > Researchers: Battlefield Play4Free Vulnerable
2. Re: Researchers: Battlefield Play4Free Vulnerable Mar 23, 2013, 15:36 DangerDog

I don't know how they could have made the free2play version worse than Battlefield 2 but they did.

I played probably two or three rounds before uninstalling.

Ben Cousins was an idiot, I'm glad he left DICE.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer
20. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 16:13 DangerDog

Game of the year, before it's even released!

http://i.imgur.com/KIpaH6w.png

News Comments > Evening Interviews
1. Re: Evening Interviews Mar 21, 2013, 03:09 DangerDog

Adam had a good run at it, I imagine they kicked him to the curb because he was getting too old. Media is a youth centric culture.  

4346 Comments. 218 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo