Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4337 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

News Comments > Black Ops II Uprising "Mob of the Dead" Trailer
1. Re: Black Ops II Uprising Apr 11, 2013, 21:57 DangerDog

Modified Quake 2 engine showing its age.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 11, 2013, 14:03 DangerDog

Such a heart warming story, I love it when "social media" backfires on these idiots that start to think they're some sort of internet superstar because they have several thousand e-friends or twithead followers.  

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Footage
7. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Footage Apr 10, 2013, 21:59 DangerDog

In an alternate universe I would probably care about this game.  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched
26. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched Apr 10, 2013, 18:02 DangerDog

Shataan wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 14:26:
I still don`t get wtf Sega doesn`t allow a dev Team with a proven track record for AAA+ titles to do an Aliens type game. Nope, they had to go with Randy "Snideley whiplash" Pitchford and his Band of Cronies.

I wouldn't have expected Gearbox to put out such a bad game - Randy did a hell of a job convincing us and probably SEGA that they knew what they were doing. You can't deny the e3 demo looked cool as hell, plenty of experience with the unreal engine and much trumped up tweaks for dynamic lighting etc. It all turned out to be a bag of lies.

They let rebellion take another stab at it, many considered AvP from 1999 to be the best one ever made, the 2010 version was an epic fail.

Next up is Creative Assembly who is rumored to be making an Alien game for consoles allegedly using Dead Space as a jump off point in terms of game design - 3rd person, slower paced etc.

News Comments > EA "Wins" Consumerist Poll Again
20. Re: EA "Wins" Consumerist Poll Again Apr 9, 2013, 22:43 DangerDog

People take their toys seriously, very seriously.  

News Comments > Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Results
9. Re: Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Results Apr 8, 2013, 15:45 DangerDog

Not the most imaginative game but it looks like they've kept it simple in terms of gameplay plus integrating the "theme".

I don't quite get how planting seeds on rooftops as a reward for scoring equates to "Mendelian inheritance". The only thing I got out of their mini presentation was trying to explain the cloning of your player avatar when you fall off the rooftop into the abyss and die - that's kind of weak.

I know this is all to paint a huge happy face on the applications of genetics in its many forms but I can't stop thinking of all the evil that's being done by large corporations like Monsanto. My submission for this contest would have been much darker - "You are the CEO of Mega Genetek, you must force your products into the market through corruption and brute force" So essentially an ultra violent shooter.

News Comments > Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans
5. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 14:30 DangerDog

I thought Battlelog was a crap idea at first, needing to reload the game essentially if you wanted to switch servers. The slow loading times of the maps included with the base game drove me into upgrading to SSD, one of the better upgrades I've done to my system.

DICE have never been any good at making server browsers for their games and while there are still negatives with battlelog it is a major upgrade from their previous attempts. Previously I always used an out of game server browser for nearly all Battlefield games and joined by having the game launch via ip address connection.

as long as they don't do some twisted integration with facebook - requiring you to have a facebook account to play then I'll keep using origin and battlelog.

News Comments > Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans
3. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 13:50 DangerDog

The value is devalued by the fact that it wont include the pre-order bonus DLC but it also means you'll be able to pick the core game up super cheap on ebay.

Nvidia doesn't seem to be budging much on price for their cards and for me anyway the "free-2-play" game credits are completely worthless.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 5, 2013, 02:35 DangerDog

HP was the last handful of the big PC makers that actually had a physical presence in the market. I don't want to see them go away but I think it's too late.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 4, 2013, 22:43 DangerDog

They would have turned Boba Fett into some sort of good guy.

"They ended up with movie tech that wouldn't fit in a game, and game tech that wouldn't fit in a movie," a source told me. "1313 was always in danger of not being made."

nobody wants a semi-interactive quick-time-event driven game.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Apr 4, 2013, 15:25 DangerDog

It looked like your typical movie character to game conversion minus the movie part.

Not bashing his talents but what is needed are better tweening systems for game engines so that you can have fluid transitions between character stances without needing to pre-render them all out.

Systems like Euphoria but hopefully without all the comical oddball glitches that occur.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011
22. Re: DOOM 4 Development Rebooted in 2011 Apr 3, 2013, 23:05 DangerDog

bring back the classic doom characters!

HD doom classic screenshot

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
42. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 16:37 DangerDog

JayDeath wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 16:30:
So silly. All LucasArts has to do is listen to the fanbase, release a reboot of Tie Fighter and watch the cash roll in!

It would be stuck in 3rd person view with motion controllers being the main focus.

News Comments > LucasArts Closed
31. Re: LucasArts Closed Apr 3, 2013, 15:59 DangerDog

Drayth wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 14:47:
That sucks, I was actually looking forward to 1313.

maybe, until you actually got to play it and found it to be nothing but a linear short game with a lackluster story.

I still think their "demo" was a total B.S. target render of what they wished the game would play like.

Almost all of Lucasarts favorite games were made by out of studio companies, one can assume that the licensing fees would be so high that it would be in the realm of extreme risk to take on making a Star Wars game. Until it's proven that the next Star Wars film can bring the fans back around I wouldn't expect anyone willing to take that step, Star Wars and Indiana Jones seem very toxic right now.

Disney is mostly known for pump-and-dump game development, even if they handed over the license for Star Wars to DICE to make a proper battlefront game I wouldn't expect them to understand the benefits of long term support.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Evening Screenshots Apr 2, 2013, 22:21 DangerDog

Needs more pitbulls  

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video
23. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 21:06 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 19:44:
Mad Max RW wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 19:40:
That was probably the most unimpressive and boring tech demo I've ever seen.

As a piece of storytelling, it's pretty crappy, but as a tech demo, it's impressive for a real time render. I'm curious why you found it unimpressive.

I think it's because we've been duped into this sort of marketing spin way too many times, I'll remain jaded until games are released that actually look and play like this demo.

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game - Shatner vs. Gorn Trailer
2. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game - Shatner vs. Gorn Trailer Mar 29, 2013, 21:03 DangerDog

most entertaining thing to come out of making this game, looks like Shatner needs to cut back on the Gorn stew.  

15. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 18:15 DangerDog

A good chunk of the demos budget went to writers.  

7. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 16:24 DangerDog

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 16:13:
Yeah...Rasta Ninja.

No thanks, I'll pass.

It's not a game, it's just a show piece.

4. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Tech Demo Video Mar 29, 2013, 15:44 DangerDog

nin wrote on Mar 29, 2013, 15:27:
If it's true this is rendered in real time on a single card (and they say it is), it's pretty damn amazing.

Doesn't mean that games will look this good though, think back to all those fancy in engine cut scenes and how the actual game graphics were much lower in fidelity, animation not as smooth etc.

With no physx on consoles I wonder what the physics setup is for UE4? Are they sticking with physx at all on the PC?

4337 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 48.
< Newer [ 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo