Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4329 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:22 DangerDog

Yeah, they're going to change just enough to try to make people think it's worthy of the #4 but most likely will recycle so many assets from BF3 that people will cry "$60 DLC expansion" no mater what DICE says.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:14 DangerDog

TangledThorns wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 19:09:
Bring back MAV riding.

I loved getting up on buildings you really weren't suppose to and then snipe down from high.

The only thing I liked about commander mode in BF2 was that it gave me an excuse to destroying commander assets and hanging out in the enemy spawn area.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2013, 13:42 DangerDog

The Surface is the Zune all over again.

In order for Microsoft to become cool again they need to look very closely at what made them an overnight hit in the first place which was giving people complete freedom over their "personal" computers from the tyrannical oppression of mainframe computing.

They need to release an OS for tablets that is lightweight, inexpensive and open to running programs that can be purchased and installed from sources other than their paid-wall-garden. Android is all of these things and is why Microsoft is getting their ass kicked.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 21, 2013, 14:43 DangerDog

Is windows 8.1 going to be a paid upgrade?  

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
44. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 17:25 DangerDog

hah what a weak announcement, I've played a bit of these survival horror games like Silent Hill. I didn't find them scary or entertaining.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 18, 2013, 21:15 DangerDog

I wonder how short this Blood Dragon game is.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 17, 2013, 14:17 DangerDog

As long as it's an x86 design and you can run desktop apps on it freely then it could end up being a big thing, battery life is key followed by screen size and resolution.

Asus has a walkabout tablet computer that has a slick integration of android on top of windows 8. You can do android, metro apps and desktop all on one device.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 17, 2013, 14:04 DangerDog

I just hope it isn't an hour of introducing superman and twenty minutes of superman actually doing super stuff.

looks like there might even be a giant alien spider for him to fight in the third act.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light Survival Guide Video
2. Re: Metro: Last Light Survival Guide Video Apr 17, 2013, 01:26 DangerDog

sign in to view, what is this nonsense? just click on any of the other reposted copies of the video.

I still need to play the first one.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage
6. Re: Rise of the Triad Multiplayer Footage Apr 16, 2013, 13:45 DangerDog

Too fast paced for me, almost looks like the player models are just stationary and gliding around the map with no animations. They over did the bloom and lighting saturation on that outdoor castle map.

I hope it's a success though, in an interview they hinted at possible revivals of older apogee games like Blake Stone.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Apr 15, 2013, 12:16 DangerDog

I guess the UK didn't get the memo about EA being worst company etc.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection
6. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Open to Facebook Affection Apr 15, 2013, 12:13 DangerDog

any day now you'll be forced to have a facebook account to log on to the internet, it's almost that bad now.

News Comments > Black Ops II Uprising "Mob of the Dead" Trailer
1. Re: Black Ops II Uprising Apr 11, 2013, 21:57 DangerDog

Modified Quake 2 engine showing its age.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 11, 2013, 14:03 DangerDog

Such a heart warming story, I love it when "social media" backfires on these idiots that start to think they're some sort of internet superstar because they have several thousand e-friends or twithead followers.  

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Footage
7. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Footage Apr 10, 2013, 21:59 DangerDog

In an alternate universe I would probably care about this game.  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched
26. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched Apr 10, 2013, 18:02 DangerDog

Shataan wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 14:26:
I still don`t get wtf Sega doesn`t allow a dev Team with a proven track record for AAA+ titles to do an Aliens type game. Nope, they had to go with Randy "Snideley whiplash" Pitchford and his Band of Cronies.

I wouldn't have expected Gearbox to put out such a bad game - Randy did a hell of a job convincing us and probably SEGA that they knew what they were doing. You can't deny the e3 demo looked cool as hell, plenty of experience with the unreal engine and much trumped up tweaks for dynamic lighting etc. It all turned out to be a bag of lies.

They let rebellion take another stab at it, many considered AvP from 1999 to be the best one ever made, the 2010 version was an epic fail.

Next up is Creative Assembly who is rumored to be making an Alien game for consoles allegedly using Dead Space as a jump off point in terms of game design - 3rd person, slower paced etc.

News Comments > EA "Wins" Consumerist Poll Again
20. Re: EA "Wins" Consumerist Poll Again Apr 9, 2013, 22:43 DangerDog

People take their toys seriously, very seriously.  

News Comments > Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Results
9. Re: Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Results Apr 8, 2013, 15:45 DangerDog

Not the most imaginative game but it looks like they've kept it simple in terms of gameplay plus integrating the "theme".

I don't quite get how planting seeds on rooftops as a reward for scoring equates to "Mendelian inheritance". The only thing I got out of their mini presentation was trying to explain the cloning of your player avatar when you fall off the rooftop into the abyss and die - that's kind of weak.

I know this is all to paint a huge happy face on the applications of genetics in its many forms but I can't stop thinking of all the evil that's being done by large corporations like Monsanto. My submission for this contest would have been much darker - "You are the CEO of Mega Genetek, you must force your products into the market through corruption and brute force" So essentially an ultra violent shooter.

News Comments > Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans
5. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 14:30 DangerDog

I thought Battlelog was a crap idea at first, needing to reload the game essentially if you wanted to switch servers. The slow loading times of the maps included with the base game drove me into upgrading to SSD, one of the better upgrades I've done to my system.

DICE have never been any good at making server browsers for their games and while there are still negatives with battlelog it is a major upgrade from their previous attempts. Previously I always used an out of game server browser for nearly all Battlefield games and joined by having the game launch via ip address connection.

as long as they don't do some twisted integration with facebook - requiring you to have a facebook account to play then I'll keep using origin and battlelog.

News Comments > Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans
3. Re: Battlefield 4/AMD Bundle Plans Apr 6, 2013, 13:50 DangerDog

The value is devalued by the fact that it wont include the pre-order bonus DLC but it also means you'll be able to pick the core game up super cheap on ebay.

Nvidia doesn't seem to be budging much on price for their cards and for me anyway the "free-2-play" game credits are completely worthless.

4329 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo