Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4411 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
19. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 03:15 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 01:35:
Yes, the PC has this restriction, but it also tons of distinct advantages.

not arguing which platform is better just pointing out that on the PC we have mostly more restrictive DRM in the form of Steam and put up with it.

Triple A games release on the PC for the same price as they do on consoles, there's rebates on pre-orders for both platforms to varying degrees.

Console gamers on Xbox are willing to pay the extra monthly fee just to play multiplayer so they're more than willing to put up with extra B.S. for that convenience and ease of use.

Publishers have obviously gotten sick of not being able to control release dates down to the second like they can on the PC, thus the activation requirement will now properly block new games from being played early - just like on the PC.

They also know that people are gremlins and will eventually crack the consoles copy protection, 24 hour connection requirement will make this more difficult because by the time an exploit is known they can already be pushing an update to the console to block it out.

The main game publishers are on board with this 100% so if Sony decides to not have a similar system in place I wouldn't doubt there will be up to a one month or more delay between games coming out for xbox one and PS4.

I expect Sony to say it's up to the publishers just like MS has said.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 6, 2013, 21:32 DangerDog

pump the breaks guys.

we need to welcome our console brothers to the way PC gaming has been for years now, except you can't sell any of your used games on Steam.

sure there's some DRM free games on the PC but almost none of the triple A stuff is.

1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 4, 2013, 20:09 DangerDog

Your Xbox One video will resume after you watch this advertisement, don't try to avert your eyes from the screen or the commercial will pause if you do.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
20. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 31, 2013, 13:51 DangerDog

As long as Microsoft doesn't cock block the use of start menu replacements like "Start is Back" or classic shell then it'll be just one of those extra things you need to go get when you install the OS.  

12. Re: Evening Consolidation May 31, 2013, 02:54 DangerDog

I'm not a console gamer but if I were I'd be getting a PS4, at least until they announce that they'll have some sort of lock out system for used games too.

Microsoft seems out of touch, I keep reading articles about people "cutting the cord" on their digital cable TV and even some are dropping internet and just using wifi hotspots.

News Comments > Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week
9. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 14:47 DangerDog

It must suck developing for a dead game. A Blood Dragon approach would have bought many more on board, thin slice of single player along with some multiplayer action - or just skip the multiplayer since it only lasts a week before people drop it.  

News Comments > X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - Shady Business Released
10. Re: X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - Shady Business Released May 29, 2013, 03:30 DangerDog

Bought it on a steam sale and it still sits in my inventory, I've tried to watch a getting started tutorial on youtube but it was just too damn long. I can understand that depth is desired for games like this but it needs to start off more accessible and then work up to the bigger picture.

News Comments > Memorial Mobilization
9. Re: Memorial Mobilization May 27, 2013, 19:36 DangerDog

say what now?

what if godus hadn't been funded?

did a three year old win?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits May 25, 2013, 19:50 DangerDog

Microsoft is just all full of wonderful ideas lately

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 15:12 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on May 24, 2013, 14:39:
I guess wall street is looking for a trillion:
$34.19 +0.03&#8206; (0.10%&#8206;)

I'm thinking of writing congress about this eye. They aren't going to be happy finding out someone other than themselves is watching us, not happy at all.

How do you know the government isn't in on it or would at the very least be able to tap into the data being sent from kinect to microsoft. they can already do this with skype as far as I understand.

32. Re: Morning Consolidation May 24, 2013, 14:11 DangerDog

PHJF wrote on May 24, 2013, 09:25:
I'm going to file a patent for KPC: Kinect-Proof Camo, the only patented full-body camouflage designed explicitly for use in concealing viewers from Kinect's cold, emotionless sensor systems!

wont work, the xbox 9000 system can detect beating hearts in the room.

News Comments > Atari Fire Sale
35. Re: Atari Fire Sale May 23, 2013, 22:13 DangerDog

Prez wrote on May 23, 2013, 20:31:
Total Annihilation for $250,000? I smell a TA kickstarter project in our future quite soon!

While I enjoy TA as much as the next guy it would be pretty disappointing to see money go to waste like that.

Just pick a different name but keep the gameplay the same, Planetary Annihilation is just fine since it ups the scale of the battles for example.

1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 23, 2013, 20:41 DangerDog

Nvidia and AMD playing nicely together? That's amazing.  

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals Announced
3. Re: Need for Speed Rivals Announced May 23, 2013, 14:16 DangerDog

It'll be interesting to see if the PC version is a port of the 360/ps3 version or from the new consoles.

If we go by that statement of EA's CTO then it'll be closer to the 360/ps3.

News Comments > Dying Light Announced
1. Re: Dying Light Announced May 23, 2013, 13:48 DangerDog

I guess it's easy to say that this sounds like a rip off of dayZ only because it was the first open world zombie survival type game.

Zombies have taken over the slot once delegated to WWII games.

26. Re: Atari Fire Sale May 23, 2013, 13:42 DangerDog

BobBob wrote on May 23, 2013, 13:27:
Anything sad about Atari makes me feel sad. The gamer in me really treasures Atari and what they have done for all of us. Get well Atari!

Only so far as the golden era of video games is concerned, even then they were acting like a bunch of assholes. If it weren't for the way they treated their employees we probably wouldn't have Activision today.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Launches
2. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Launches May 23, 2013, 12:47 DangerDog

$650, I guess it's priced in line with where it sits in terms of how the Titan is priced but still too expensive.  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 23, 2013, 12:44 DangerDog

Of course it's using fake "god ray" effects. Call of Duty games are like visiting Disneyland, it all holds up as long as you don't look at it at wrong angles and see that everything is just a fake facade.  

12. Re: Morning Consolidation May 23, 2013, 11:35 DangerDog

So much fanboy rage over the TV Onebox, I love it!  

15. Re: Atari Fire Sale May 23, 2013, 11:31 DangerDog

You would have to sell a shit ton of Atari t-shirts to recoup $15 million.  

4411 Comments. 221 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo