Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4282 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda's New Tease
5. Re: Bethesda's New Tease May 6, 2013, 14:09 DangerDog

Looks like another shot at making a Terminator game without using the Terminator license.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses
46. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 16:04 DangerDog

Having Aliens Colonial Marines on a resume is perhaps punishment enough, I count on every future game that Gearbox puts out there will be "fan edits" of their trailers inter-splicing "From the makers of Aliens Colonial Marines" and pulled voice over quotes from Randy.  

37. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 15:22 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on May 3, 2013, 14:46:
DangerDog wrote on May 3, 2013, 14:34:
Attempting to wring a class action lawsuit out of a demonstration is beyond meritless.

but using fake gameplay footage from a demonstration and putting it in marketing videos that had "100% in game footage" text included is deceptive if not false advertising.

we'll see if the judge thinks it's without merit.

How can you prove it was fake gameplay footage?
Obviously if you have internal documents, but the story we've heard is that, at the time, it was absolutely real gameplay footage. But it didn't run well, was optimized only for what they showed, and it was scaled back considerably.

Here's something people seemed to know in the past but have all forgotten: virtually everything you see at E3 is optimized for the specific moment you're seeing and often running on more powerful hardware than it will ever be played on.

Again, this is an extreme example of this, but the general consensus is that, at E3 last year, Gearbox legitimately thought the game would look like that. They then got the outsourced stuff, saw it was crap, made it even worse, and released it.

But it isn't as if they were showing that footage at launch, were they? We were already seeing the footage that looked like garbage.

Gearbox handled this very poorly and deserves all the crap they're getting, but I don't think this can be proven as "illegal" instead of just "inept and shitty," and this is also just another reason why we haven't seen anything about HL3.

I call it fake because it didn't end up in the game, and they kept using footage from that e3 demo way past any reasonable time frame of knowing the game wouldn't look or play like that.

The biggest problem is that you're dealing with clips shown that last mere seconds, to anyone who hasn't played the game and then compared it very closely to the marketing videos you wouldn't be able to see the parts that are actually from the game and the ones spliced from the e3 demo.

I missed the announcement that Sega canceled the Wii U version, that speaks volumes in itself - not with regards to the lawsuit but that even Sega internally admit they put out a turd of a game.

30. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 14:34 DangerDog

Attempting to wring a class action lawsuit out of a demonstration is beyond meritless.

but using fake gameplay footage from a demonstration and putting it in marketing videos that had "100% in game footage" text included is deceptive if not false advertising.

we'll see if the judge thinks it's without merit.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced
3. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Announced May 1, 2013, 15:16 DangerDog

PREORDERED!!!  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
44. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 15:13 DangerDog

Those fast food ads don't have "100% actual product shown" plastered across the screen, most of the advertisements that SEGA made for the game did - but it was just that target render footage that Pitchford showed at E3, more like 100% bullshit footage.  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
41. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 14:37 DangerDog

Honey badger doesn't give a shit, and neither does randy pitchford.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Trailers
14. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Trailers Apr 30, 2013, 17:21 DangerDog

Trevor seems like a classy guy, probably won't be able to play that character till you go through the other two first.

Nice new tits! raaaawr!

News Comments > "Something's Up at Callofduty.com"
6. Re: Apr 30, 2013, 03:04 DangerDog

petition for mod tools and public dedicated server files

starts here.............................................

News Comments > Morning Interviews
1. Re: Morning Interviews Apr 29, 2013, 11:15 DangerDog

They're adding guns to FIFA?

count me in!

News Comments > Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed?
10. Re: Call of Duty Ghosts Revealed? Apr 29, 2013, 11:14 DangerDog

Left out the best part, it's using a new engine.

lol

I wonder if there's enough left of id software's quake 2 engine tech to warrant any royalty payment to them.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 26, 2013, 20:45 DangerDog

Always on? No used game sales?

blame the publishers, nice diversion there microsoft.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 25, 2013, 21:46 DangerDog

$299 and all the ads you can watch for $10 a month 2/year contract.

I'm still waiting on the price increase announcement for the games, $79.99 perhaps?

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors
9. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:22 DangerDog

Yeah, they're going to change just enough to try to make people think it's worthy of the #4 but most likely will recycle so many assets from BF3 that people will cry "$60 DLC expansion" no mater what DICE says.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors
7. Re: Battlefield 4 Commander Mode Rumors Apr 24, 2013, 19:14 DangerDog

TangledThorns wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 19:09:
Bring back MAV riding.

I loved getting up on buildings you really weren't suppose to and then snipe down from high.

The only thing I liked about commander mode in BF2 was that it gave me an excuse to destroying commander assets and hanging out in the enemy spawn area.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
13. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 22, 2013, 13:42 DangerDog

The Surface is the Zune all over again.

In order for Microsoft to become cool again they need to look very closely at what made them an overnight hit in the first place which was giving people complete freedom over their "personal" computers from the tyrannical oppression of mainframe computing.

They need to release an OS for tablets that is lightweight, inexpensive and open to running programs that can be purchased and installed from sources other than their paid-wall-garden. Android is all of these things and is why Microsoft is getting their ass kicked.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 21, 2013, 14:43 DangerDog

Is windows 8.1 going to be a paid upgrade?  

News Comments > Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within
44. Re: Bethesda Unveils The Evil Within Apr 19, 2013, 17:25 DangerDog

hah what a weak announcement, I've played a bit of these survival horror games like Silent Hill. I didn't find them scary or entertaining.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Apr 18, 2013, 21:15 DangerDog

I wonder how short this Blood Dragon game is.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 17, 2013, 14:17 DangerDog

As long as it's an x86 design and you can run desktop apps on it freely then it could end up being a big thing, battery life is key followed by screen size and resolution.

Asus has a walkabout tablet computer that has a slick integration of android on top of windows 8. You can do android, metro apps and desktop all on one device.

4282 Comments. 215 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo