Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3951 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 15:55 DangerDog

okay, thought he was just prototyping with cryengine. not sure how well that engine is suited to an open universe space game, maybe it'll just be large enough chunks of a game instanced with death penalties for going out of the combat zone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Nov 25, 2012, 14:48 DangerDog

Sounds like Apple products are going to take a nose dive in terms of quality.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 25, 2012, 14:47 DangerDog

Can't wait for the Steam xmas sale!

heh

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 25, 2012, 14:39 DangerDog

I think they're already screwed regardless of what type of hardware they release with. Microsoft is rumored to be making a console-lite version of the xbox for casual gaming and streaming, if that takes off over the more expensive version then they've just double screwed console gamers.

On the PC people are already pushing the envelope way beyond what the next gen consoles can bring, upgrading from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 is just one of those things that you can do today and will be even more mainstream going forward.

Meanwhile even next gen consoles might be struggling to support 1920x1080.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 14:33 DangerDog

Even if it were a 1:1 version of the original with just upgraded graphics and physics it would be awesome to have.

There have been attempts by individuals to do this but they just don't have the flair of a polished game.

Hasn't Roberts cheated a little bit by showing in game graphics of Star Citizen using Cryengine 3, or is that the engine he's going to use for the game.

I hope this gets funded too, the more space fantasy combat games the better.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
39. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 22, 2012, 23:21 DangerDog

Alamar wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 16:59:
I said it a few times, and I finally did it...

I bought Rage... for $5...

Not sure when I'll get to it, and I know just about nothing about the game, so for $5, I expect to be pleasantly surprised... Sometime this year (maybe), though quite likely post winter-sale...

-Alamar

seta com_videoRam "1024" //sets the Video Card memory Set this to the amount you have in MB
seta com_maxfps "60" //limits the frames to 60 can be changed to what you desire
seta image_anisotropy "4" //Using the highest setting here but you can set as 2, 4 or 8
seta image_usecompression 0
seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR" //filtering for light maps
seta image_preload "1" //Use preload images when ever possible
seta image_lodbias "-1" //LoD settings
seta image_ignoreHighQuality "0" //Sets up for using HQ gfx
seta image_ignoreLowQuality "1" //ignores the low textures
seta image_useCache "1" //Enabled Cache to allow the textures to load properly without popping
seta image_cacheMegs "125" //Cache size in Megabytes
seta image_cacheMinK "50" //Cache minimum size in kilobytes
seta r_swapInterval 1 //VSYNC 1 enabled, 0 diabled
seta r_useHighQualityPostProcess "1" //Fore High Quality post proccessing
seta r_shadowsHighQuality "1" //Fore High Quality shadows
seta r_displayRefresh "0" //keep it so the engine doesn't double render a frame
seta r_renderer "best" //highest rendering options
seta r_multiSamples "8" //Set this to 16 or 8 if you're having low-fps as 32 is the Max Multi-sampling
seta r_useHBAO "1" //Ambient occlusion
seta r_useRenderThread "1" // 0 Disable or 1 Enable threaded rendering useful for newer cards to increase performance.
seta r_visDistMult "1"
seta r_useMotionBlur "0" //use blur
seta r_skipBump "0"
seta r_skipSpecular "0"
seta r_skipNewAmbient "0"
seta r_shadows "1"
seta r_cgFragmentProfile "best"
seta r_cgVertexProfile "best"
seta vt_lodBias "-1" //LoD settings
sera vt_maxPPF 1
seta g_fov 85
//below is cache settings
seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "8192"
seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "8192"
seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "8192"
seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "8192"

There's probably utilities that help you tweak your settings now but that's my rageConfig.cfg file, it goes in Steam\steamapps\common\rage\base folder. Helped make the game look much better for me using a 1gig 285gtx nvidia card.

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
21. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 23:00 DangerDog

inveigle88 wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 16:47:
Too bad this game sucks, IMHO. This is the worst gaming purchase I have made in some time.

I haven't touched single player, zombies is meh but I've had a bit of fun with the multiplayer this time.

News Comments > Interstellar Marines: Prologue Explanation
2. Re: Interstellar Marines: Prologue Explanation Nov 22, 2012, 15:57 DangerDog

I wonder how they've been able to keep this game in development this long.

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
11. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 15:17 DangerDog

coldcut wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 14:04:
Correct FOV has nothing to do with screen size, but depends on viewer's distance to the screen roughly because of peripheral vision (in addition, some people perceive this differently and might need slight adjustments to not get dizzy).

A good explanation is in this great tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZUao2jTGA

Nice effort but I would think the main reason that consoles are 60 to 65 is it creates an artificial zoom effect, it's less about the peripheral view and more about the focal distance and wanting to make things on the TV screen bigger / easier to see.

the boost in FPS performance can't be ignored either.

News Comments > Star Citizen Grace Period
4. Re: Star Citizen Grace Period Nov 22, 2012, 02:44 DangerDog

Under the $40 pledge it says 3 months of insurance.

I read somewhere it was suppose to be a pay once and play forever game but this sounds like a micro-transaction on the back end.

What happens when your insurance runs out, turned into a space janitor till you raise enough in game funds to buy another one?

News Comments > Star Citizen Grace Period
1. Re: Star Citizen Grace Period Nov 21, 2012, 23:33 DangerDog

To those that are geeking out to this, what is "Ship Insurance"?

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
4. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 21, 2012, 16:31 DangerDog

John wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 16:05:
Hmm, don't see anything I'm too interested in on this sale. I am eyeing AoE3:CE though.. always enjoyed the old AoE games. If they had Deadlight for 50% off I might have gotten it.

Don't forget you'll need to pile on Games for windows LIVE to play it.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Multiplayer Trailer
5. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Multiplayer Trailer Nov 21, 2012, 16:16 DangerDog

Now go watch this

http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=101575

News Comments > Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs
6. Re: Halo Team Seeks MMO Devs Nov 21, 2012, 03:23 DangerDog

I guess it's official, next gen consoles are going to be MMO enabled.  

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns
14. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 21, 2012, 03:04 DangerDog

Looks fine to me, they only let you run depth of field on low but at least they didn't crank bloom to 9000.

They also don't smear your screen with strawberry jelly when you get hit.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Nov 21, 2012, 02:56 DangerDog

Jivaro wrote on Nov 21, 2012, 01:41:
Considering Syndicate at 6 bucks on Friday morning.

Anybody already have it? I know it was underwhelming..but is it 6 bucks worthy?

You'll probably get six bucks worth of entertainment out of it but it has really nasty bloom, limited FOV, requires Origin - some people get their skirt in a ruffle over it.

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns
9. Re: Nuketown 2025 Black Ops II Map Returns Nov 20, 2012, 14:56 DangerDog

Nuketown in Blackops was ruined on the PC by the people running the servers cranking the number of players to 18 for a map designed for 8 or less.

But let's recap, they offered NT 2025 as a pre-order bonus map. From release they allowed you to play it using it's very own mini playlist in a "moshpit" mode - no way to just pick 24/7 NT 2025 team deathmatch, you joined a random game mode running on NT 2025 and only NT 2025.

It wasn't that hard to wait for the map to cycle to a game mode you wanted to play on it or leave the server and rejoin to get into another server.

Nobody complained about the "moshpit" random game mode, if you wanted to play the other maps you could avoid NT 2025 altogether.

Then a week after the game has been released they removed it from the playlist and claimed it was only for special events like double xp weekends.

COD players revolted, treyarch acted all stupid "derp it wasn't our decision, don't kill the messenger derp", turned it into some sort of twitter attention whore contest - retweet some lame hashtag crap a billion times and maybe we'll bring it back.

Now they claim they've reinstated it because of the furor they created, but now you'll need to cycle through all the other maps - with random game modes - to maybe get a chance to play NT 2025.

The "maybe" part comes into play because if one person on the server doesn't have NT 2025 it won't come up on the play list. This is part of their, nobody will ever get kicked from a lobby policy.

They created the monster with their size 9 shoebox sized map, lured people into pre-ordering the game to get their crack-map fix and now want to kill it off.

It's like they're going out of their way to make people hate them.

Good Game Treyarch - Douchebag achievement, unlocked.

News Comments > Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists
16. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 02:47 DangerDog

oh you can still play the map, with friends, pvp hosted and no xp.

I die so damn fast in regular matches I don't even see a need for hardcore in this game, but yes hardcore game list is lacking.

looks like the backlash may turn this around, nuketown is a perfect match for call of duty though. you get in and just start killing, mindless entertainment.

14. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 02:12 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Nov 20, 2012, 00:29:
Not sure the anger/surprise. They didn't take the map away from anyone, they just took it off public matchmaking rotation.

Which makes sense - only people that preordered have this map. There's no solution possible without fractioning the community far too much (as right now you can bet about 75%+ of players have that map.)

I'd guess it'll be included in the first map pack. Then there can be separate public matchmaking for people that buy that pack without splintering the community too much.

It's somewhat a sign of it being dumb to offer a multiplayer map as a preorder, but it isn't like they're rendering its value zilch.

No it was never in regular map rotation - you could only play it if you had pre-ordered, there was an extra menu option Nuketown 2025 and then you picked "moshpit". You joined a server running only Nuketown with a random game mode, after each match you could vote select from a different game mode, vote to redo the one you just played or a random game mode.

It was fine the way it was, don't like Nuketown then ignore it if you want and just play the regular map rotation from "core" - totally separate option.

13. Re: Nuketown 2025 II Map Pulled from Black Ops 2 Playlists Nov 20, 2012, 02:02 DangerDog

They probably thought pulling the map would be cute or funny, call of duty community goes into meltdown over not being able to play Nuketown.

https://twitter.com/Treyarch/status/270769902665748480

Just launched a new fast-action playlist in the Bonus category called Chaos Moshpit. Back by popular demand: Nuketown 2025!

I don't see this option on the PC version.

edit: it's coming tomorrow to the PC apparently.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2012, 03:00.

3951 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo