Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4135 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Wildman Kickstarter Cancelled
7. Re: Wildman Kickstarter Cancelled Feb 11, 2013, 18:35 DangerDog

There have been a lot of kickstarter projects that should have made funding but didn't.

at least they didn't take the game to market only to discover not enough people wanted it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
16. Re: Sunday Q&As Feb 11, 2013, 00:34 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 19:54:
If the kickstarter would have been Supreme Commander 3 I would have supported them. Wildman reminded me to Demigod, but most importantly it did not do anything for me. It did not look like a game I want to play.

Someone said that he sold Supreme Commander rights awhile back. PA fills that void and then some, even under a different name I'm not sure it would have caught on.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
11. Re: Sunday Q&As Feb 10, 2013, 18:07 DangerDog

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 17:00:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 16:06:
Maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough but everything I remember coming from GPG and Chris Taylor were over-hyped/under-delivered games such as the Dungeon Siege series.

He must have done something important pre-DS...
It's called Total Annihilation.

And Supreme Commander.

Seems like most of the brains behind both TA ans SC are now doing their own kickstarter Planetary Annihilation, which unsurprisingly met funding and blew past it.

Chris is going to have to shutdown GPG and rebuild his mini game making empire.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Podcast & Diary
4. Re: Rise of the Triad Podcast & Diary Feb 10, 2013, 18:03 DangerDog

This is suppose to be on Steam for $14.95

I'd pick it up for that price.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?
13. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 19:46 DangerDog

Put an updated Enemy Territory multiplayer portion in the box and it would be an instant day one purchase.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Trailer
18. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 9, 2013, 19:35 DangerDog

Flatline wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 16:20:
You don't need to do that for Star Citizen. They make sure they email you every 17 hours to let you know that they're still working on it. It actually is getting to be annoying.

I don't mind it, I filter it so when I have time I check out what's new.

unity engine looks like a good fit for this game, sort of photo realistic but no need to be ultra-shiny.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
67. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 9, 2013, 14:25 DangerDog

Jerykk wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 03:33:
There's usually enough information to judge a game before it comes out. Previews, walkthroughs, interviews, screenshots, trailers, videos, etc. Pay enough attention and you can make accurate predictions about any game.

That aside, the game is inherently flawed already because it's recycling the same game that's been made several times already. Alien Trilogy, AVP Jaguar, AVP PC, AVP2, AVP 2010... the Marine experience is the same in every one. To make yet another game like that is just dumb. If you're going to make an Aliens game, you need to do something new and interesting with the license.

Pretty sure none of those games listed had four player co-op, they're also all pretty outdated. Some of them I enjoyed even though they were "recycled" from the previous games. AVP 1 and 2. They did get some of the original cast involved this time, for a fan of Aliens that's pretty big. Not sure why the obsidian alien game was canceled, perhaps it just didn't come across that well for consoles. I would have bought it too.

Tech demos like Crysis 3 er I mean games has us all pretty spoiled with knowing what's capable graphics wise. Just too bad that we can't have a blending of the two into one game.

47. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 19:19 DangerDog

Krodge wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 18:53:
This game way overpriced where I am. Its $99 USD and then another $40 USD for the seasons pass.
Maybe I'll get it when they release a GOTY at a bargain bin price. But I still have 50 other games I still need to play, so probably not.

Australian?

See my post #23 how to get the game for $30

38. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 18:06 DangerDog

I can see the reviews now, 'The scariest bugs in the game are the ones left by the programers'

It's always a problem when you have AI squadmates not to have the game be taken over by them, if they were more efficient then players would complain that they didn't get any chance to kill anything or that the game plays itself and you just watch - and when they don't take down much of anything players complain that they're stupid with bad aim.

Human enemy AI is plagued with the usual problems, go to cover mode when you're still in plain view or stay in cover mode and don't shoot at the player.

Sadly I think the graphics complaints would have been less if they had gone with the extreme lens flare and motion blur that plague most games these days. I appreciate they didn't smear the view with Vaseline.

The music and sound effects are really good, I'm glad that they copied the sound track from Aliens.

23. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 14:31 DangerDog

Jedi Master wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:58:
Are you rounding down or something? I see ACM is $38.50 on getgames go, a dollar less on GMG, and the season pass is actually $27 on GMG.

So instead of $50 for both the game and the pass, it's $64.50. Granted when many games are $59.99 for just the game, that's basically $5 for 4 DLCs.

Still, the question remains "will ACM and its 4 DLCs be worth $65, let alone the $77 to preorder both most other ways?"

You can count me amongst those who were going to be preordering back when the game was first shown who are now holding off.

There was a code on getgamesgo "LV-426" that reduced the price, and there's another code on greenmangaming GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA makes the season pass 20.25

LV-426 code on getgamesgo still works, just checked it - makes the game $30.50 You get the key in email a few minutes after purchase, I've already entered mine and have it preloaded.

So for $50.75 you can have a "complete game" if you want to look at it that way.

This comment was edited on Feb 8, 2013, 14:39.

18. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:53 DangerDog

Creative Assembly is working on an Alien game for SEGA, the only detail that I've read is that it's suppose to be more first Alien movie focused, perhaps 3rd person only - Dead Space with the Alien Franchise.  

17. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 13:45 DangerDog

Flatline wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 13:19:
I was surprised at the 30 dollar price tag. Highest price yet for a "season pass", and as much as many games these days. I wonder if they've priced themselves too high.

Nope, Call of Duty Black Ops 2 "Season Pass" is $49.99 and I have yet to see it on discount anywhere.

A:CM has already been discounted, picked it up for $30 from getgamesgo yesterday, the season pass for it is around $20 on greenman gaming. If I like the game then I'll pick up the season pass for it, no rush though.

while other games try to emulate the aliens universe you can't beat the real deal when it comes to the atmosphere that James Cameron created.

Rebellion botched the AvP remake, this one at least to me looks like it'll be decent fun.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut
13. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 8, 2013, 02:56 DangerDog

I would have liked to have seen more wall hopping like they do in the movie, it looks like they've captured the atmosphere without making everything too forward tech looking like Prometheus did.

Still mixed feelings about only 3rd person view for the Alien in multiplayer, I can see how it's disorientating for a lot of players and perhaps might be over powering if you're really good at it.

They have some pretty cool take downs. I saw a decapitation in there.

News Comments > Tomb Raider Gold
29. Re: Tomb Raider Gold Feb 8, 2013, 00:08 DangerDog

Looked good but it sounds like they forgot to put gameplay into their interactive movie.

[url=http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/tomb-raider-hands-on-a-lack-of-meaningful-interaction/]

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 23:31 DangerDog

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 21:31:
I'm more worried about the voice acting and whether or not what we heard in the last trailer release is what we should expect in the game. If it happens to be the case, I'll likely mute sounds and just have Aliens play in the background even if the scenes don't match up.

I would suggest watching this IGN preview, thankfully the voice acting in those trailers isn't in the game.

IGN first level playthrough

I didn't know they had the actual actors from Aliens do the voices for the game, mostly for the multiplayer per-order bonus at gamestop. hopefully just a timed exclusive. That's pretty cool.

They've really bungled the marketing of this game.

2. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 21:22 DangerDog

Yeah, it's not even close to looking that good - maybe if they had used cryengine 3. I'm just crossing my fingers that they at least have an FOV adjustment in the game.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?
42. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 14:33 DangerDog

Just picked up the main game from Getgamesgo for $30.49 (use code LV-426 at checkout) - code is set to expire 4pm GMT.

I'll give it a shot for $30 and if it's any good I'll pick up the season pass on the cheap later.

Getgamesgo is like greenmangaming, they take paypal etc I've purchased from them before 100% legit.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
33. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 7, 2013, 02:39 DangerDog

Redmask wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 17:27:
I know people who would buy a lot less console games if they weren't able to trade in the duds so this would only hurt them in the long run. I doubt Gamestop would take that lying down, they would penalize any system that doesn't allow used sales by denying floor space and like them or not, they're a major presence in the videogame industry.

shovel ware may still exist on both systems but perhaps it's a decision the publisher makes as to if you can trade in / sell your used copy.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Feb 7, 2013, 02:37 DangerDog

I could never play a twitch game on a tablet, you would need to hook up a bluetooh mouse and keyboard - and then you just have a gimped PC.  

News Comments > Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie?
24. Re: Valve/J.J. Abrams Collaboration? Half-Life or Portal Movie? Feb 6, 2013, 17:54 DangerDog

JJ Abrams movie pitch for Half Life

Okay we open the movie on Xen which is now a remote island in the south pacific, huge lens flare washes across the screen...

4135 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo