Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4295 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
23. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 19, 2013, 02:37 DangerDog

The tablet controller is a gimmick failure, only unlike the Wii which at least had Wii sports to trick people into buying the system - Nintendo can't seem to come up with a game that makes the tablet stand out.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2013, 13:45 DangerDog

I've been enjoying making Gordon Ramsay's BBQ sauce, http://www.aglugofoil.com/2012/10/smoky-pork-sliders-with-barbecue-sauce.html

I also use a ketchup that doesn't have high-fructose corn syrup in it and like having control over the brown sugar I put in. Never have been a fan of the artificial "smoke" flavor.

News Comments > Alien Fear Renamed Alien Rage; Coming to PCs
2. Re: Alien Fear Renamed Alien Rage; Coming to PCs May 18, 2013, 00:15 DangerDog

Using Alien in the title of your game might be slightly toxic to your sales right now.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
19. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 17, 2013, 19:34 DangerDog

KilrathiAce wrote on May 17, 2013, 19:04:
PC aint dead, but windows 8 is horrible.

I was speaking more to the unrelenting "news" articles that are proclaiming the sun has set on the PC and everything associated with it.

13. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 17, 2013, 13:28 DangerDog

The PC is DEAD, Windows 8 is a failure, console sales are crashing into the ground and the replacements wont show any form of profit for years...

meanwhile

Microsoft is trading at 5 year high.

wtf?

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation May 15, 2013, 21:58 DangerDog

Of course EA wants everyone to have access to online, now they'll pimp micro-transactions even more.

News Comments > Metro: Last Light HUD "Fix" Inbound
45. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 17:12 DangerDog

Ray Ban wrote on May 15, 2013, 16:16:
Jason Rubin on 4A Games

I think they deserve a break ...

Nope, again this didn't fly at them out of left field. All these smart, hard working guys couldn't even reflect on the fact that the previous game had FOV issues on the PC?

If you care about the art of making games then you have to care about more than the final product.

not so much on the PC apparently.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews May 15, 2013, 15:44 DangerDog

At first I was really excited for this new VR tech but I'm starting to get pretty concerned about the health implications for prolonged use.

I can game for hours at a time and people have said their eyesight goes so wonky after just thirty minutes of use that they feel like it would take a good chunk of time before they would feel comfortable driving a car for example.

Perhaps this is just a new form of motion sickness that a few people get when playing FPS games, I'm not one of those yet I don't want to screw up my vision any more than it already is.

37. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 15:39 DangerDog

HoSpanky, how long have you worked for 4A Games and why did you fuck this up when making the game?

Every time this issue comes up the devs want to pretend like they've been blindsided by something that nobody in the history of making games has ever thought of.

If you're going to be mutiplatform then you need to deal with these issues early on, stop pumping out lazy console ports and then think you can PR your way out of it.

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
33. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 14:37 DangerDog

I thought everyone at Danger Close were let go after the lack luster release of Medal of Honor Warfighter. They might have rehired from that pool since some had experience with Frostbite development.  

30. Re: Metro: Last Light HUD May 15, 2013, 14:04 DangerDog

What's the default FOV? 65?  

News Comments > Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming
30. Re: Star Wars Focused DICE Studio Coming May 15, 2013, 13:58 DangerDog

Drayth wrote on May 15, 2013, 13:11:
So I guess the plan is to use Frostbite for all the games.. so I guess no 1313 then? :/

Pretty sure I read that it was in development hell, they completely started over once. Most likely it would have ended up like another Aliens Colonial Marines and look nothing like the target render gameplay they showed off.

Star Wars Battlefield makes the most logical sense, lets face it they've wanted to do this ever since BF2142. I just don't know if I like the idea of force powers and lightsabers in Battlefield flavored game. This also speaks volumes to the future of the Star Wars franchise, how are they going to replace the awesomeness of Stormtroopers and the Empire for the 'bad guys'?

It'll be Rebel forces against Russian Spetsnaz, I'm calling it now.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack
13. Re: More Big Picture Details May 14, 2013, 19:42 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on May 14, 2013, 18:15:
DangerDog wrote on May 14, 2013, 17:03:
I haven't finished the first playthrough and I doubt I would have any interest in doing another playthrough.

$10 for a new character seems a little high.

Neverwinter wants $40 for their high end mount... The only thing new it does is moves 60% faster, no other skills.

If you are big time into BL2, $10 isn't so bad. Is this free for those with a season pass?

not in season pass, but it should be.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Borderlands 2: The Psycho Pack May 14, 2013, 17:03 DangerDog

I haven't finished the first playthrough and I doubt I would have any interest in doing another playthrough.

$10 for a new character seems a little high.

News Comments > Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale
19. Re: Metro Last Light FOV Locked; DX9 & Aiming Workarounds; Reviews; Sale May 13, 2013, 22:44 DangerDog

what a joke  

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 13, 2013, 21:15 DangerDog

Julio wrote on May 13, 2013, 18:11:
We'll see if Microsoft is stupid enough to continue down the Windows 8 path even though its clear that it's a failure. I'll stick with Windows 7, until it's time to make another PC buy. Time to look for a new non-Windows OS then if need be.

If you use http://startisback.com/ you can turn windows 8 into a proper desktop operating system, it not only brings back the start menu but can turn off all the metro bullshit like charms etc. There are enough improvements to the desktop space to warrant using it, just not quite enough to be worth upgrading from 7. But for a new system build I would go with 8 and then turn off all the metro crap.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 13, 2013, 16:05 DangerDog

nin wrote on May 13, 2013, 14:19:
I made it clear to Blue I was simply playing advocate by sending that in... It certainly doesn't reflect my opinion...

I got as far as reading the second header, "Metro is the way forward"

no it needs to die along with all this client server "cloud" based computing.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. May 11, 2013, 22:05 DangerDog

39.6% capital gains tax plus that 3.8% medicare tax on income above $200,000.

/thanks obama

News Comments > Incredible Machine-inspired Contraption Maker Announced
5. Re: Incredible Machine-inspired Contraption Maker Announced May 11, 2013, 21:53 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on May 11, 2013, 21:31:
DangerDog wrote on May 11, 2013, 18:26:
Dynamix? Now that's old school.

I'd wish for them to make a proper Tribes sequel to the first one but that soup has been pissed in so much that you can't even recognize that it's soup anymore.

What do you think is missing from Tribes: Ascend?

screwed up player movement, removed "jump" from the game.

I'm too used to the old way of jump+Jet+fire disc at feet. I liked the old game modes like defend and destroy as well.

News Comments > Incredible Machine-inspired Contraption Maker Announced
2. Re: Incredible Machine-inspired Contraption Maker Announced May 11, 2013, 18:26 DangerDog

Dynamix? Now that's old school.

I'd wish for them to make a proper Tribes sequel to the first one but that soup has been pissed in so much that you can't even recognize that it's soup anymore.

4295 Comments. 215 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo