Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3950 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Released; Patched
22. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 5, 2012, 02:16 DangerDog

just over an hour into it, better than I thought it would be performance wise, FOV slider in game - amazing!

depth of field turned off looks better, but you have to edit a config file to do it.

Turn off DOF

also turned off ambient occlusion completely, didn't care for the dark halo around everything.

too many notifications and all of the objects you find have a rather generic graphic for it in your inventory. I guess they didn't want to spend time drawing sea shells and sunglasses.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Dec 4, 2012, 15:36 DangerDog

It didn't look mediocre, it looked like crap.  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Karateka
1. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Karateka Dec 3, 2012, 20:30 DangerDog

I would have preferred a side on camera position, I think he went too far in trying to make the update more cinematic.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Specs
18. Re: Crysis 3 Specs Dec 3, 2012, 14:06 DangerDog

Steam survey: 32.06% are DX10

Still rocking my GTX 285 and unless there's a sweet deal for a 680 I'm not upgrading right now. It'll probably work on DX10 but I'll miss out on the DX11 features - first thing I did with Crysis 2 was turn off bloom, depth of field, lens flairs, and motion blur.

It'll be interesting to see how good or bad the textures are with this one, they did a horrible job with Crysis 2.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 2, 2012, 19:05 DangerDog

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 16:52:
Does this include free games like PS2?

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

PS2 is just barely in the top 10 slot, but you can get PS2 from other places.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
9. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 2, 2012, 19:01 DangerDog

Why did microsoft think that desktop users wanted an interface made for a touch screen?

they keep showing commercials where people are using their fat, greasy fingers all over the display like this is the preferred way to use a PC now.

I know they've ran out of ideas to interest people in buying new versions of their OS but these gimmicks aren't going to help them.

The surface is their next zune and Windows 8 is the new Windows Vista.

Surface should have been an inexpensive x86 based tablet with dual functioning desktop and touch UI, completely open for development by anyone wanting to write apps for it. That's the only thing that would put the hurt on apple and even give google a run for their money with android.

Windows 8 should have been traditional desktop usage with the addition of optionally using touch UI apps on it - not the other way around.

Microsoft is too full of themselves thinking that the brand name carries enough weight to charge people $600 to $1000 for a tablet, they've got a long way to go before they can capture the apple customer - nothing about the surface "sparkles" like an ipad does and their windows phone looks like a sub $100 device - with no contract mind you.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Interview
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Interview Dec 2, 2012, 14:57 DangerDog

What happens if they come close to meeting their goal but fall short? Do they refund peoples money or just keep it?

When is my card charged?

If the project you’re backing is successfully funded, your card will be charged when the project reaches its funding deadline. If the project does not reach its funding goal, your card is never charged. That's why we call them pledges.

okay, I thought they took the money from your account right away.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2012, 15:04.

News Comments > Free Radical: Cancelled Battlefront III was "99% Finished"
8. Re: Free Radical: Cancelled Battlefront III was "99% Finished" Dec 1, 2012, 18:42 DangerDog

I'm sure 99% finished to him would have ended up being a game just barely out of beta for us.

wasn't this primarily a 3rd person console shooter? That video, whatever stage it was at, didn't impress me.

News Comments > SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025
16. Re: SOE on PlanetSide 2 in 2025 Dec 1, 2012, 18:36 DangerDog

pipe dream

as in pass the pipe stuffed with marijuana

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
3. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 30, 2012, 21:29 DangerDog

Eirikrautha wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 20:47:
Rainbows and sunshine...

How about some actual gameplay footage of this in action? I mean, we have another Kickstarter space game with a single person developing it that shows more than this...

No mater how much money you throw at your screen it isn't coming out till 2014

News Comments > Ravaged Free DLC Plans
2. Re: Ravaged Free DLC Plans Nov 30, 2012, 17:09 DangerDog

They made a vehicle based combat first person shooter without investing enough time into making either of the two experiences fun.

It greatly suffers from feeling like an Unreal Tournament 3 mod, not a stand alone game.

These guys need to spend less time making fancy game trailers with "this is how we wish it would play" cinematics and more time figuring out ways to make it actually play that way.

It was 3.79 or 3.50 on a flash sale during the last steam sale, even that couldn't spark any interest.

interestingly when you click on "forums" from the steam page it doesn't take you to the steam forum for this game, just reloads the sales page. I guess they don't want uninformed people seeing the negative comments about it.

http://www.gametracker.com/search/ravaged/?sort=c_numplayers&order=DESC

This comment was edited on Nov 30, 2012, 17:41.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround
24. Re: Far Cry 3 Uplay Workaround Nov 30, 2012, 14:52 DangerDog

Darks wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 12:44:

Pirating this game!!!

yeah, I figure a lot of people will justify pirating the game because of this but I'm going to support it with a purchase.

Support the software developers. If you like this game, BUY IT!

News Comments > Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions
6. Re: Notch on 0x10c Subscriptions Nov 29, 2012, 20:52 DangerDog

I've watched a few of the dev videos showing off the progress of this thing and I'm not seeing anything that would make me want to pay a subscription to it let alone buy it.

Limit Theory looks much more promising, being made by one guy.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Delayed
3. Re: Oculus Rift Delayed Nov 29, 2012, 01:34 DangerDog

consumer version 2014 / 2015 *sigh*

I bet you see these all over ebay when they get them out for $1000

News Comments > Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs?
17. Re: Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs? Nov 27, 2012, 11:49 DangerDog

To add insult to injury Intel will probably charge more for these cpu soldered onto the motherboard setups, that is if they even sell the component to end users at all.  

News Comments > Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs?
11. Re: Intel Killing Off Desktop/Enthusiast PCs? Nov 27, 2012, 11:31 DangerDog

NegaDeath wrote on Nov 27, 2012, 11:16:
Shocked

Looks like the Ivy Bridge parts I ordered last night might be my last Intel upgrade. Ok AMD, you're up.

Edit: If its true

AMD is getting out too, there was an article about them seeking a buyer for their IP and that they want to just focus on mobile devices.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer
9. Re: Far Cry 3 Map Editor Trailer Nov 27, 2012, 02:17 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:45:
Empowering PC gamers like this is always a good thing. A big F U to CoD/BF/Etc.

except, it's just half backed mod support. No way to import new assets into it, no single player campaign making, no new multiplayer modes etc.

no dedicated servers either, multiplayer is peer-2-peer with "host migration".

this is more a single player game but it sucks they didn't put more effort into supporting the PC properly with dedicated servers at least.

News Comments > On Sale
12. Re: On Sale Nov 27, 2012, 02:13 DangerDog

and that's a wrap, counting down the days till the xmas steam sale  

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Patch and GPL Source Code
8. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Patch and GPL Source Code Nov 26, 2012, 23:39 DangerDog

NamecaF wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:59:
I'm not up on how this source code stuff works. But by releasing this, does that mean if you owned the original Doom 3, then got this source code and compiled it, you could use the original Doom 3 assets and resources with the new code to effectively get Doom 3 BFG edition for free?

nope, they did mess around with the assets in the BFG edition plus added a few more levels.

ochentay4 wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:36:
netnerd85 wrote on Nov 26, 2012, 22:14:
So, is it worth it now?

I have the original on the shelf collecting dust but unfinished... barely unplayed... I know... I know...
Its the same game, if you got bored with it, you will get bored with this one. It has nicer gfx and thats it.

actually there's mods that can make the game look better than what id released with their so called HD BFG version.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 15:55 DangerDog

okay, thought he was just prototyping with cryengine. not sure how well that engine is suited to an open universe space game, maybe it'll just be large enough chunks of a game instanced with death penalties for going out of the combat zone.

3950 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo