Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3953 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
4. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 12, 2012, 23:57 DangerDog

Good looking art assets but the gameplay still looks so derivative of trying to be a 'superhero' experience.

the one man army thing looks and sounds better than it plays, I still prefer the feeling of being vulnerable in a game or starting off that way and then building up to a modicum form of a seasoned soldier.

everything in these crysis games feel like it's there to just have something to shoot at from the generic aliens to the generic cell soldiers. story? what story?

looks good though, nice poster card for what the cryengine can do.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Dec 11, 2012, 21:55 DangerDog

some serious bullshots going on here  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Shyamalan's new sci-fi flick Dec 11, 2012, 16:07 DangerDog

Shok wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 09:50:
I would love to watch the trailer for that new flick but it looks like the Sony copyright bots took it down from youtube. Great marketing there guys.

caught a glimpse of it yesterday on yahoo, it looked pretty bad to me.

I'm not a will smith fan and I know his kid pulls in money at the box office but it seems like they're really leaning too hard on the "father and son" dynamic duo.

It's got to be more than a coincidence when studios release two movies that look so similar around the same time. You've got this one, after earth and tom cruise in oblivion.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 14:38 DangerDog

It's baffling why nintendo hasn't released a new mario game based around Mario 64, all new levels and updated graphics. None of the other mario games have captured the charm of Mario 64.

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle Adds Dawn of War
8. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Adds Dawn of War Dec 10, 2012, 22:01 DangerDog

It would suck to be a retailer still holding onto these games in boxed product form.  

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle Adds Dawn of War
5. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Adds Dawn of War Dec 10, 2012, 21:20 DangerDog

Hey! this gift horse doesn't have all his teeth!  

News Comments > Medieval CryENGINE 3 Footage
7. Re: Medieval CryENGINE 3 Footage Dec 10, 2012, 14:16 DangerDog

netnerd85 wrote on Dec 10, 2012, 11:52:
Hidden and Dangerous 3? no... no

Maybe next year.

I thought it looked like a setting that could be used for a WWII game too, the roads looked like they had seen heavy vehicle action - not a hoof print anywhere.

They've set themselves up for a monumental task of populating the world with equally detailed, photo-realistic assets - not to mention the animation to go along with it. Unless the whole game takes place in the village shown, eat from the garden, take water from the well and then poop in the river - how long can you survive?

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
42. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 20:11 DangerDog

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 18:23:
RaZ0r! wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 15:35:
You know there was one company that was the king of PC gaming and then it made a console and it nearly ruined PC gaming.

But then there was this awesome game company that made a awesome digital download service that people trusted with their games that helped keep PC gaming relevant and afloat.

But then they made a console....

That sums it up really well. Good-bye desktop PC gaming. Not tomorrow but gaming as we know it will look very different in five years from now. The last hope for us desktop PC gamers is that indies and crowdfunded games are going to be successful enough to keep the desktop alive.

I think PC gaming is going to go through a transition, but then again so is the way we use computers in general - and not just with regards to tablets.

I'm hoping it's something virtual reality like Oculus Rift, Google and Valve think it's going to be augmented reality. We have a ways to go before either are viable.

30. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 9, 2012, 17:37 DangerDog

Beelzebud wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 17:28:
As long as Steam and PC games still work on the PC, I really don't care. The PC as a platform isn't going anywhere.

Depends on how deep the investment goes for Valve, between this specialized console and the "next gen" ones a true PC version of Half Life 3 might be more of a port, gameplay and controls will most likely be tuned for console / TV first and foremost.

that would be rather dreadful.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 9, 2012, 16:14 DangerDog

Ken Levine decided to use a bunch of knuckle dragging, Neanderthal frat boys to decide on what type of box art would get them interested in the game?

The box art should have been a pair of tits with a six pack of beer on it.

17. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 15:58 DangerDog

Valve shouldn't step into the hardware arena, lots of software companies end up eating it when they branch into such a burdensome extension to their business.

A linux based PC isn't going to be a hot seller since you can't take along all your games that you've purchased through Steam to it.

These android based mini console/pc's have a better chance at success, google has 70%+ of the cell phone market making all these types of devices more consumer friendly.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2012, 22:41 DangerDog

Niel is getting FAT  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 8, 2012, 17:44 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 16:46:
Yeah, I don't see them staying afloat much longer. They just can't repeat their Athlon success, and Intel is trouncing them on all fronts.

Better buy some Intel CPUs before AMD goes under, because I can guarantee their (Intel's) prices are going to skyrocket once AMD is gone. Not only that, but the whole "CPU soldered to the motherboard" thing will get implemented not long afterwards as well.

It'll be a really shitty day when Intel becomes the cole PC CPU manufacturer.

Creston

Intel isn't on sure footing right now either, the desktop / laptop market is getting trounced by tablets - and very few of those use intel chips right now.

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle Grows
19. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Grows Dec 7, 2012, 02:11 DangerDog

THQ screwed up big time over that uDraw Wii/xbox360/ps3 drawing tablet, they'll never be able to recover from that loss.

Speaking during an investor Q&A earlier today, CFO Paul Pucino revealed that the publisher has around 1.4 million unsold units collecting dust in its inventory.

and then there is the lawsuit

THQ faces a class-action lawsuit after allegedly misleading its shareholders regarding its failed uDraw peripheral.

The publisher has been accused of violating the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 by distributing "materially false and misleading statements," according to a report by GamesIndustry International. The complaint was filed in the US District Court for the Central District of California by shareholder rights firm Robbins Umeda LLP on behalf of THQ's shareholders.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: A Big Name Barely Makes the Cover of His Own Video Game Dec 7, 2012, 01:56 DangerDog

way, way overdue  

News Comments > Humble THQ Bundle Grows
7. Re: Humble THQ Bundle Grows Dec 6, 2012, 22:50 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 21:43:
I already bought this, so I hope they'll be added. I already redeemed my Steam key, so I hope I get another for these.

if you donated more than the current average - around $5.60 then just click that link you got in your email for the first games. You'll see the extra games there to redeem the steam keys for.

News Comments > IGF Finalists on Steam
1. Re: IGF Finalists on Steam Dec 6, 2012, 17:13 DangerDog

it's all about gunpoint!

http://www.gunpointgame.com/

News Comments > End of Nations Status Report
2. Re: End of Nations Status Report Dec 6, 2012, 14:02 DangerDog

back on track for the mandatory six month death spiral while the game fails to make any money.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 6, 2012, 14:00 DangerDog

Is Apple privy to inside information in the form of a new value added tax for all goods imported into the united states?

Apple won't get taxed for this move, if anything they'll get financial assistance and tax relief for doing it.

News Comments > Aftermath Released for Battlefield 3 Premium
1. Re: Aftermath Released for Battlefield 3 Premium Dec 6, 2012, 02:23 DangerDog

Finally some vertical gameplay, love getting up high and sniping down on people.  

3953 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo