Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4704 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Patches
1. Re: Evening Patches Feb 26, 2015, 21:39 DangerDog

When are we going to start seeing games with this new engine in all its glory?  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband
14. Re: FCC Reinstates Net Neutrality; Unfetters Local Broadband Feb 26, 2015, 19:19 DangerDog

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 18:56:
Rattlehead wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 18:42:
Call me cynical, but I don't see anything good from this.

I'll just be charitable and assume you don't know much about net neutrality, Title II common carrier classification, or what the FCC actually voted on today.

It's really quite concerning that there is a segment of the population that will reflexively take the side of organizations as despicable as Comcast, rather than even consider the possibility that, on occasion, there is a need for government to curtail, in some limited fashion, the excessive market power of anti-competitive incumbent corporations for the sake of the public good.

It's all the unknown shit that's in this act that has most people concerned. The ISP's will still find a way to screw over customers, nothing has been done to stop them from implementing tiered bandwidth cap pricing. They also struck down the part that would have made it so current cable providers would need to "share the road" and give competitors access to the infrastructure.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline
30. Re: Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline Feb 26, 2015, 04:09 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 19:44:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 16:11:
Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 14:40:
theglaze wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 00:42:
It's for the dude bro's out there, like this guy, Hardline Drifting on his youtube channel.

If you can't make it pass the first 30 seconds, you're not EA's target audience.

BRO, SICK DRIFT BRO!

(Not really. Holy shit are those driving 'physics' terrible. They may genuinely be worse than Just Cause 2.)

It fits the Battlefield gameplay, realistic driving physics wouldn't work too well when you want to go cross country in a sports car.

I don't have any issues with the ability to spin out using the handbreak, in fact that was one of the welcome changes from the first beta.

yeah, it is more than usable. however i do remember Ritichello or someone saying that the marvel of the frostbite engine, was how they were making all of their studios use it, so you'd have cross-game improvements. ie. a racing game figures out better car handling physics, they can then import that into the next battlefield game. this was the very example used. I never played that Need for Speed made on frostbite, but i'd assume that those cars handled better than battlefield... so i guess that never happened :/

We've seen them re-use animation between games before, Crysis2/3 and BF3 had some identical animations (the power slam was used when coming out of a vent in the roof in the BF SP), and that was cross engine. so i am expecting some vehicle improvements in the future considering they have racing games running on the SAME engine...

all signs point towards Frostbite being a bitch to work with.

I wouldn't expect Need For Speed type handling, first you're dealing with a shooter so adding in sway and lift would make firing from the cars kind of annoying "drive straight asshole!" and there's a lot more going on than a Need For Speed game since you're able to take on other players spawing into your vehicle, vehicle damage and repair (lots of bits break off the car when damaged) and lastly I'm sure the last generation consoles are imposing limitations on design.

Someone asked if they could add the ability to shoot your gun sideways just for fun but the response was that it would consume too much memory to add in all the animations and reload animations to do that.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Modding Diary
4. Re: Cities: Skylines Modding Diary Feb 25, 2015, 23:47 DangerDog

Can you mod in Godzilla?  

26. Re: Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline Feb 25, 2015, 16:11 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 14:40:
theglaze wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 00:42:
It's for the dude bro's out there, like this guy, Hardline Drifting on his youtube channel.

If you can't make it pass the first 30 seconds, you're not EA's target audience.

BRO, SICK DRIFT BRO!

(Not really. Holy shit are those driving 'physics' terrible. They may genuinely be worse than Just Cause 2.)

It fits the Battlefield gameplay, realistic driving physics wouldn't work too well when you want to go cross country in a sports car.

I don't have any issues with the ability to spin out using the handbreak, in fact that was one of the welcome changes from the first beta.

4. Re: Gone Gold - Battlefield Hardline Feb 24, 2015, 19:44 DangerDog

This one is going to be a tough sell, there's still a lot of play left in BF4 with new content coming for it.

You have to pay the extra $10 idiot tax to get the complete "deluxe" version for $69.99, buying the standard edition means you'll be short a weapon or two depending on where you buy/pre-order it.

I think there's enough content to be a stand alone game, lol it's a BF4 mod lol, but is it going to be a success or failure?

oh and they announced "premium" season pass for it today.

This comment was edited on Feb 24, 2015, 19:50.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
39. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 14:57 DangerDog

Dacron wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 14:47:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 14:20:
I never played Max Payne 3, did they use their own Rockstar Social network for that games multiplayer too? Did it actually work?

I can't help imagine that all you'll get is a button to connect to online and it'll be 100% matchmaking with no server browser.

Like consoles you can choose where to play, but no server browser.

Entering MP randomly drops you in a server, you can enter servers with friends / crew mates playing in them (You don't see servers, just join friends / crew), or you can start a private game online and have friends/crew join to keep public guys out.

So there is no server browser (Haven't played in a year, maybe it's changed) but you could still organize players a bit.

Thanks, works how I expected it to. No mod support for the online portion I imagine since they'll control the servers, and with no way to properly admin the servers - especially on the PC I'm guessing the online mode will be a complete trainwreck full of cheaters and high-ping players causing all sorts of problems.

34. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 14:20 DangerDog

I never played Max Payne 3, did they use their own Rockstar Social network for that games multiplayer too? Did it actually work?

I can't help imagine that all you'll get is a button to connect to online and it'll be 100% matchmaking with no server browser.

28. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 13:57 DangerDog

They haven't released Heist mode on consoles yet, which was suppose to release before the PC version. I guess this gives them extra time on that too.

Battlefield Hardline just picked up some extra sales on the PC from this delay no doubt. They were scheduled to release a week apart.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Feb 23, 2015, 03:42 DangerDog

wayback machine has it archived, like you can stop the internet.

good luck with that Wizards of the Coast.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 23, 2015, 03:25 DangerDog

DarkCntry wrote on Feb 22, 2015, 21:34:
Can someone really tell me why they are so worked up over the DLC plan of Evolve since it's really nothing more than cosmetics and post-release additions?

Isn't this what most people WANT from DLC?

It feels like they spent too much time scheming on ways to incorporate DLC into their game and not enough time on producing a sold, fun game to play.

The game may be fun for a select few but it's no where near hitting the mark of a $60 AAA title.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Feb 22, 2015, 23:02 DangerDog

The Man in the High Castle is kind of crazy, I expecting some sort of half life test chamber that lets people travel to alternate universes.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 22, 2015, 14:33 DangerDog

I thought Evolve was fun for about two hours and then the burnout of repetition set in, I mostly enjoy pub games though so maybe if you co-op with four other people it's better however I see the main design flub is relying 100% on whoever plays as the monster with how much fun that would be, you have no control over that at all.

Looking over reviews pretty much reaffirmed my feelings from the alpha/beta/demo where the included content lacked variety, the maps are too small and almost all of the games result in Benny Hill style chases around in circles.

I think the majority of people who played the alpha/beta/demo came away that it was fun in short bursts but was way overpriced. I think if they had sold the game for around $30 people would have been more receptive to buying cosmetic stuff from their micro-transaction store, maybe even stuck with it long enough to get new monsters and hunters.

Extremely suspect of all those stupid awards it supposedly won, reeks of Titanfall B.S. "winner of 75 awards" nonsense.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
34. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 16:32 DangerDog

Julian Delphiki wrote on Feb 21, 2015, 13:29:
Why am I not surprised to see so many of the users of this site, who have always commented on the most speculative statements about anything related to SC, blow something completely out of proportion. Yes, I follow SC and have pledged a little to support it but its obvious to anyone with a smidgen of awareness that you guys are just vindictive sociopaths without an iota of common sense, or, even worse, individuals with a made up rage that makes you blind to the actual facts. If any of you had even bothered to read the post in its entirety and the response from CIG you wouldn't act as though this is a final component for a game that's already released when in fact it is a simple pre-alpha mechanic to allow people to try things they haven't pledged for and earn it with a little bit of test time in the games competitive modes which are still under significant development. There's no point to making any other arguments since you're clearly fixed on trolling anything SC related, so go ahead and keep making your comments with the sophistication of an angry 10 year-old and I'll smirk at every one of them. You have your troll support group, I'm sure you'll make it through this difficult time. Just rage and cry on each other's shoulders and all will be well.

or you know they could just do a proper beta test and allow everything to be tested without this nonsense.

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Feb 21, 2015, 13:41 DangerDog

surprised Activision hasn't lawyered up and sued them for using "call of" in their name.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Feb 21, 2015, 13:25 DangerDog

What sort of response will they program for "Daddy touched me in a naughty place"?

or will they just send in the swat team?

News Comments > Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy
13. Re: Star Citizen at $73M; Rental Equipment Credits Controversy Feb 21, 2015, 13:12 DangerDog

Do you have to pay space tax too? There's ship insurance but is there health insurance plans as well, does it cover dental?  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
10. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 20, 2015, 01:28 DangerDog

Pigeon wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 19:28:
First 15 minutes of that was a lot of grunting and QTEs. Rapidly press X to pinch off a loaf, hold Triangle to wipe, rotate left analogue stick to flush. The actual game play portion looked like pretty standard/boring cover shooting. Maybe it picks up later with some unique mechanics and good story, but I didn't see anything that looked like fun to me. Pretty though.

It's a semi-interactive movie, should be priced as one regardless of their budget.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans Feb 19, 2015, 03:19 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:59:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 00:47:
ViRGE wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 21:29:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 20:44:
Meh, xp boosting seems lame even though you use xp to "buy" stuff now.
Isn't that even worse?

It means you can unlock stuff that you want like scopes for your guns in the order that you want them, there's still a mini kill streak required with a weapon before you unlock the ability to buy them.

The game just went pay-to-win by having "exclusive" pre-order weapons that aren't going to be available to you if you don't buy the deluxe edition.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/568185539016278016

this is the first i'm hearing of this, this is a big deal. Last time there was something like this was in Bad Company 1, there were 5 weapons to get, 4 class weaps and 1 sidearm. You had to do dumb shit like subscribe to their newsletter for one, make a forum account for another etc. I think the F2000 was for pre-ordering, and it was a beast. Once i got a FragFX, it was UNFAIR. I went 17-2 in one round of Oasis conquest. where auto balance put 7 people on one team, and me on the other. I wish I had recorded that round.

I'm sure it'll make the news cycle in the next few days.

[url=http://www.reddit.com/r/BF_Hardline/comments/2wdi34/deluxe_weapons_will_not_be_unlocked_with/[/url]

EA probably didn't see the pre-order numbers they were hoping to get after the first alpha/beta test, then they decided to jack the price up an extra $10 to get people to buy into their "exclusive weapons" deluxe edition.

Everyone had been assuming that they would just be timed exclusive for the deluxe edition but eventually everyone would get them, apparently that's not the case - they really are defining them as "exclusive" to pre-ordering.

If you pre-order the base game you get the ACWR, the deluxe version gets you the ACWR, L85a2, and the CAR-556.

The funny thing is that most places like Greenmangaming, Gamestop and Amazon don't even have a listing for the Deluxe edition for the PC.

They were actually trying to tempt competitive gamers into Hardline with 5v5 single life modes, rescue hostage and a protect the VIP mode and then they screw it all up with this nonsense.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans
9. Re: Battlefield Hardline Rewards Battlefield Veterans Feb 19, 2015, 00:47 DangerDog

ViRGE wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 21:29:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 20:44:
Meh, xp boosting seems lame even though you use xp to "buy" stuff now.
Isn't that even worse?

It means you can unlock stuff that you want like scopes for your guns in the order that you want them, there's still a mini kill streak required with a weapon before you unlock the ability to buy them.

The game just went pay-to-win by having "exclusive" pre-order weapons that aren't going to be available to you if you don't buy the deluxe edition.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/568185539016278016

4704 Comments. 236 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo