Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3950 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
44. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:36 DangerDog

Glykon wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 15:33:
Hmm so you played all, from ARMA , BF, Planetside 2, Warframe, Defiance and all rest and this shit is the only one you like ??

ARMA is a slow paced man simulator void of any decent pvp multiplayer. BF is fun but the never ending beta status has really taken a toll on the number of people left playing. I couldn't get into Planetside 2 just herds of players zerging around the maps capturing bases - which were really poorly designed, something that I've noticed they're trying to address with the latest update. Warframe, 3rd person shooter? - yeah, no thanks.

There's more to like about Titanfall than there is to hate, it's not so fast paced that it's only for people with ADHD yet intense enough that leaves you with that "just one more game" feeling at 1am.

I can see why people would hate on the casual aspect of it, and the randomness of the whole burn card system would drive all the e-sports people to bash their keyboard in. Respawn has a really good release window, nothing much on the horizon either - where the hell is GTA V for the PC???

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:31:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN PREVIOUS THREADS!

If you use a proxy for a game and purchase in Mexico for Origin - you will make your account no longer able to add games. There are a ton of reddit threads about it, and I assume that thread also tells you that. They are cracking down on regions.

I have?

oh well, if I have to create a new origin account ~ whatever.

it's not that far off from what cd keys are going for

http://cdkeyprices.com/product/Titanfall-CD-Key

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2014, 17:00.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

37. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 15:04 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:43:
DangerDog wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:24:
It's a fun, casual, fast paced shooter. The call of duty comparisons is only on the surface, customizing your loadout, unlocking stuff. The rest is different enough to stand on its own, no stupid kill streaks, movement is fluid as any unreal tournament and not clunky like CoD. The parkour feels good and isn't so much of a gimmick like it was in "Brink".

It's priced too high but I only paid $40 for it which is more in line what it should be without there being a single player campaign. It's going to be bundled for free with xbox one's starting next month so I suspect EA will go after mass number of units sold and discount it heavily on the PC.

The texture complaints aren't an issue, the damn thing is 48gb install or some such. The option for "insane" textures wasn't enabled in the beta, you'll need 3gb of vram to use it though.

I thought the game would be "Titanfail" while looking at footage and how it looked dated, no destruction etc but after playing the beta it's sort of addicting, something you can get a quick shooter fix from without spending a ton of time trying to find a half way decent game like you do with Battlefield - only to be team switched half way through to the losing side from some autobalance script.

The kill stuff to get to a titan faster mechanic is the very definition of the killstreak mechanic, except there is only 1, and that is your Titan....

Also where hell have you been buying this? Origin asks 60 euros, that's 82$ !

Or put simply, a complete rip-off in best EA manner.

The minions are there to harvest xp and lower your titan respawn timer, not quite the same thing as needing to kill other players and get a special advantage nobody else gets. The burn cards are perhaps the closest to there being a one side player perk but you can use them too and they only last the duration of one life. I see them mostly as a bonus for bad players to get access to stuff that you can unlock through extended play - some have a "boost" to their stats but again that only lasts one life.

Maybe I'll be surprised with what the "story mode" campaign has for content but it seems like a game that you can consume in a couple weeks time and either continue playing it or only go back to it when the urge to kicks in, it's so casual that there's no floundering around trying to remember how to control weapon recoil or anything like that. I sort of like that it puts "fun" first and leaves all that hardcore pseudo realism bullshit aside.

[url=http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1wxbi5/titanfall_is_42_on_origin_mexico/]

or greenmangaming with their ever so often 20% off codes, or other key distro sites if you want to.

32. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 14:24 DangerDog

It's a fun, casual, fast paced shooter. The call of duty comparisons is only on the surface, customizing your loadout, unlocking stuff. The rest is different enough to stand on its own, no stupid kill streaks, movement is fluid as any unreal tournament and not clunky like CoD. The parkour feels good and isn't so much of a gimmick like it was in "Brink".

It's priced too high but I only paid $40 for it which is more in line what it should be without there being a single player campaign. It's going to be bundled for free with xbox one's starting next month so I suspect EA will go after mass number of units sold and discount it heavily on the PC.

The texture complaints aren't an issue, the damn thing is 48gb install or some such. The option for "insane" textures wasn't enabled in the beta, you'll need 3gb of vram to use it though.

I thought the game would be "Titanfail" while looking at footage and how it looked dated, no destruction etc but after playing the beta it's sort of addicting, something you can get a quick shooter fix from without spending a ton of time trying to find a half way decent game like you do with Battlefield - only to be team switched half way through to the losing side from some autobalance script.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Platoon System "Very Soon"
6. Re: Battlefield 4 Platoon System Feb 25, 2014, 21:18 DangerDog

siapnar wrote on Feb 25, 2014, 17:21:
I've had very few issues with BF4. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I still enjoy BF4, warts and all but the game has many issues that are known yet seem to be ignored by DICE.

http://tracker.badmin.net/index.php

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots Feb 25, 2014, 18:54 DangerDog

The future is piss colored.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Platoon System "Very Soon"
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Platoon System Feb 25, 2014, 16:00 DangerDog

So many bugs, so little fucks given by DICE.

I suspect come March 11th there will be a large chunk of battlefield players going AWOL and switching over to Titanfall.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 24, 2014, 17:32 DangerDog

40GB for Titanfall? It doesn't even have any singleplayer campaign, why is it so big?  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Rambo The Video Game Feb 21, 2014, 14:20 DangerDog

This is the one that they didn't bother animating the bullets feeding into the machine gun.  

News Comments > Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims
79. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 22:57 DangerDog

Redmask wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 19:31:
PHJF wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 17:10:
There is literally the exact same thing in Blacklight: Retribution, except smaller in scale.

They also ripped the 'other team won but you can escape so you dont feel bad about losing maybe!' shit straight from BF2142. In fact this whole game is pretty much a miasma of derivative nerdisms.

I agree with most of the other posts, game is sorta fun sometimes when you aren't dying from random directions with no possible way to prevent your death but I don't see myself playing it alot. I played beta for 8 to 10 hours which I'm sure is long enough to be told I spent too much in it but short enough that I also suck at it and don't know what I'm talking about.

You must be thinking of something else, in BF2142 when you destroyed the other teams Titan it showed a cinematic of it going off with a bunch of explosions.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 20, 2014, 20:40 DangerDog

Oh, how could you resist trolling that design contest.

A big ol "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" dialog box aught to do it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend
5. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Free Weekend Feb 20, 2014, 19:18 DangerDog

I think I saw they added FOV adjustment all the way up to 80 in this game.

lol

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 20, 2014, 15:30 DangerDog

There's an "insane" texture setting for the game that wasn't enabled in the beta.  

60. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 15:10 DangerDog

Tumbler wrote on Feb 20, 2014, 14:55:
The response by the game journo's since E3 2013 is more confusing than ever considering what I saw in the Beta. It's a fun game but the level of enthusiasm from Game journo's prior to this set my expectations higher than the Demo delivered.

Isn't the majority of the press focusing on xbox one? I think some of the enthusiasm is simply down to a lack of games available for the new console.

42. Re: Respawn Attacks Titanfall Bribery Claims Feb 20, 2014, 14:03 DangerDog

First of all, it's a casual shooter. Perhaps that's off putting to many people but I feel like it's intended audience is people wanting to have fun for a few hours at the end of the day. From the unlock progression being fast to the "stupid ai" minions the whole thing is setup to be a game that you consume rather than something you need to turn into your second job or need to agonize over to master - except perhaps the parkour stuff.

The game definitely plays better than it looks in trailers or even watching other people play, especially people who try to play it like a normal flat-foot shooter. Anyways, it doesn't check off every box but I think it'll be successful enough for a Titanfall 2 where perhaps they'll be able to expand the potential of the game to the fullest. The beta/demo wasn't the latest version of the game, the release version will address things like the 60fps cap and some of the other bugs/issues.

For around $40 I think it's fun enough to take the plunge, who pays full retail for games anyway?

http://www.dealzon.com/deals/titanfall-cheap#titanfall-pc-download

Just wait for a 25% off deal on green man gaming or gamefly.

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
26. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 17:49 DangerDog

siapnar wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:52:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 15:38:
RAGE was a disaster in every respect
I really don't know how people rag on RAGE for having bad graphics. That game could look absolutely STUNNING at times.
It was a technical marvel in it's creative approach to texture painting.
And no, textures that take 1/100 of a second to load doesn't bother me.

Also, the gunplay was a lot of fun

It wasn't as bad as say Aliens Colonial Marines but it wasn't that good either, when you compare it to games like Borderlands 2 it really looked bad in terms of content and story. I still don't know why they even bothered with the combat racing stuff, should have scrapped that part completely.

News Comments > Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access
20. Re: Wolfenstein in May; Preorders Get Future DOOM Beta Access Feb 19, 2014, 15:48 DangerDog

This doesn't instil any hope that Doom will be any good, and beta access for what? Are they bringing back multiplayer? I thought id software was making Doom and that they publicly stated no more interest in doing multiplayer games.  

News Comments > Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit
21. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 19, 2014, 02:14 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 01:31:
supposedly there's no text chat either, only microphone allowed... and i agree, it's a huge ripoff at $60.

disabled for the beta, I wouldn't mind if it were something you could just turn off though.

14. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 21:56 DangerDog

Green Man Gaming offers up 20% off codes all the time, I suspect this will have a price fall-off curve that'll be rather steep.

There are other game modes besides the ones included in the demo as well as a bunch of extra weapons and other stuff.

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
17. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 18, 2014, 21:46 DangerDog

Bioshock was alright, I enjoyed the atmosphere and it played out pretty much how I expected it to. Ken is more a salesman than a developer, he can talk up more B.S. than randy pitchford and somehow get away with it.

9. Re: Free BF4 Handgun Shortcut Kit Feb 18, 2014, 21:35 DangerDog

Since we've hijacked this topic to discuss Titanfall, I'm actually liking it, I really appreciate the fact that the movement is fluid and doesn't have that source engine feel, and much better than a CoD game.

The destruction in Battlefield is a bit of a gimmick at times, I would like to see light poles snap off their bases but having windows to shoot out would hinder the pace of the game too much. It's a fast shooter like unreal tournament or quake.

It plays better than it looks, videos of gameplay are really easy to tear apart especially with the brain dead AI but it works in the context of the game. They're there to make you feel like a bad ass and to provide a little extra ambiance to the maps with the way they shout out random stuff, most of it funny to listen to.

3950 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo