Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4838 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Apr 16, 2015, 21:05 DangerDog

It's the dialog that's going to ruin the movie, especially the forced humor.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer
3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront November Release Revealed? Teaser Trailer Apr 16, 2015, 20:59 DangerDog

It's going to be on-rails shooter like the star wars pod arcade game.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
38. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 17:23 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 16:49:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 16:07:
4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:48:
@jimnms

I'm only considering this title because of the first person view. Last 3rd person perspective game i've touched/enjoyed was Max Payne 2 lol.

Are you experiencing the mouse/input lag issue? I was going to buy the game after work but i'll probably hold back since most reviews and youtube vids are in 3rd person. Last but not least, I've read reviews that mention the multiplayer modes but, I have read anything regarding how games are accessed. Is there a server browser?

No server browser, you go online and you're put into the GTA world on what looks like an instanced server that holds up to 32 people. From there you can either put yourself in passive mode where you can't be killed (except from being run over I think). You can do some activities in this lobby type system like kill other player (only if you turn passive mode off) and rob 7-11 type shops where once you do you'll need to evade the cops.

The other things like deathmatch and TDM, races and heists are all things you activate by walking into blue circles on the map, once you do you'll be put into a match making "queue" system which can take several minutes before you're actually playing the mode. These are all player hosted and I don't think there's any host migration - if the host quits everyone gets dumped. The host is randomly picked - at least in public play and gets to setup the game parameters like difficulty level, time of day and other things.

Some modes you can respawn like in racing, others have a limited amount of team respawns but modes like TDM seem to be one life modes, die and you're in spectator mode.

First person view is hampered by a low FOV, it maxes out somewhere around 80 using the in game adjustments. There's a mod that lets you set it higher, I'm using the damn thing as it makes the game so much more enjoyable to me.

FOV Mod

You can also host Invite Only sessions as well as Solo sessions online. They don't have the grouping of friends and crew members down yet, same problem they had on consoles at launch. It's best to launch jobs and invite people from there.

I advise turning off Matchmaking by default so you dont have to do it every time you are trying to do stuff with Crew.

I advise everyone after logging into Online to go through your settings thoroughly. There are multiple menu's. Press M for the ingame quick menu. Esc>Online>Options as well as Esc>Settings>Online as well as all the other Settings.

Using the arrow keys and Enter I've found to be the fastest way to get through the menu's once you know them.

I play first person when on foot, 3rd person High cam in car, 3rd person cover enabled (too limiting in first person), 3rd person rag doll, etc. Basically 3rd person with everything except when on foot. You can set all these in the Options menu. I also changed first person in car to be the hood cam for when i do want it. No more windows, roof, dash making it impossible to see anything other than whats right in front of you.

I tried hood cam but the camera bob effect is just too strong, I wish it had a bumper cam view. Maybe someone can add more views with modding.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records
30. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Steam Records Apr 16, 2015, 16:07 DangerDog

4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 16, 2015, 14:48:
@jimnms

I'm only considering this title because of the first person view. Last 3rd person perspective game i've touched/enjoyed was Max Payne 2 lol.

Are you experiencing the mouse/input lag issue? I was going to buy the game after work but i'll probably hold back since most reviews and youtube vids are in 3rd person. Last but not least, I've read reviews that mention the multiplayer modes but, I have read anything regarding how games are accessed. Is there a server browser?

No server browser, you go online and you're put into the GTA world on what looks like an instanced server that holds up to 32 people. From there you can either put yourself in passive mode where you can't be killed (except from being run over I think). You can do some activities in this lobby type system like kill other player (only if you turn passive mode off) and rob 7-11 type shops where once you do you'll need to evade the cops.

The other things like deathmatch and TDM, races and heists are all things you activate by walking into blue circles on the map, once you do you'll be put into a match making "queue" system which can take several minutes before you're actually playing the mode. These are all player hosted and I don't think there's any host migration - if the host quits everyone gets dumped. The host is randomly picked - at least in public play and gets to setup the game parameters like difficulty level, time of day and other things.

Some modes you can respawn like in racing, others have a limited amount of team respawns but modes like TDM seem to be one life modes, die and you're in spectator mode.

First person view is hampered by a low FOV, it maxes out somewhere around 80 using the in game adjustments. There's a mod that lets you set it higher, I'm using the damn thing as it makes the game so much more enjoyable to me.

FOV Mod

News Comments > EA Ending BF Heroes and Other F2P Games
4. Re: EA Ending BF Heroes and Other F2P Games Apr 15, 2015, 23:50 DangerDog

They can just about add Battlefield Hardline to the list.

http://bfhstats.com/

It's like a game that was released two years ago not last month.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2015, 16:20 DangerDog

Only thing I could find is this "report a player" post on R* site, which only goes so far as to be busy work for frustrated gamers that ends up in the recycle bin.

[url=https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200704406-How-to-Report-Cheaters-in-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online]

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 15, 2015, 16:10 DangerDog

I read somewhere that the FOV is resolution dependent, if you play on a 1440p monitor the FOV goes higher.

I don't think there's any anti-cheat in GTA V is there?

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 15, 2015, 03:36 DangerDog

I don't see Bill as a good Jack Thompson, don't get me wrong I love everything Bill does but I think John Slattery (Roger Sterling on Mad Men) would have been a better casting.  

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Sells 1M
7. Re: Cities: Skylines Sells 1M Apr 14, 2015, 23:13 DangerDog

Do they have natural disasters or random attacks from monsters or space aliens?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 14, 2015, 19:10 DangerDog

I don't sign into google but I'm sure they're tracking by ip anyway just like Facebook.  

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule
195. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 06:37 DangerDog

Nope, user error.

You need to mouse wheel up from right click to "zoom" and look through your scope.

193. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 06:06 DangerDog

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 05:06:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 14, 2015, 03:56:
I call shenanigans!

they removed this from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53rdE8w8oLE

only 3rd person view from outside the car now.

Did they? I know you see strippers 100% topless when you get a private dance, including a loose minigame that mandates first-person. Odd that they'd take out first-person view for prostitutes, when they really don't show anything there. I will have to do some investigating myself...

I could have swore I was in 1st person view in the car and it switches to 3rd person when you do the dirty deed.

First person mode is a lie, you can't look down the scope on your assault rifle in first person mode. Game does look freak'n awesome though, really puts other engines to shame graphics wise.

190. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 14, 2015, 03:56 DangerDog

I call shenanigans!

they removed this from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53rdE8w8oLE

only 3rd person view from outside the car now.

178. Re: Grand Theft Auto V PC Launch Schedule Apr 13, 2015, 23:48 DangerDog

So close though, seems like a simple thing to allow for the slider to go a little bit higher.  

176. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 13, 2015, 23:29 DangerDog

Krovven wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 23:17:
DangerDog wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 22:55:
JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:18:
Come on Rockstar, this isn't the frickin console version! FOV is so absurd, it literally feels like you are looking through binoculars.

Anybody know how to adjust? *facepalm*

looked at the settings file, no mention of FOV. I guess it'll require someone to mod it. Looks like it maxes out at 80, your weapon doesn't scale either.

I also find the camera options for the car rather weak, no bumper cam view They over did the camera bob when you use "hood" view and it's not centered.

There is an FoV slider in the options. But I guess it's easier to be stupid or jump to conclusions than look for yourself.

First person is a welcome change from previous GTA games and they even put in a slider to adjust your FOV angle but it doesn't go high enough, it feels like it maxes out at 80.

171. Re: LOL at the 1st person FOV!!! Apr 13, 2015, 22:55 DangerDog

JohnBirshire wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 21:18:
Come on Rockstar, this isn't the frickin console version! FOV is so absurd, it literally feels like you are looking through binoculars.

Anybody know how to adjust? *facepalm*

looked at the settings file, no mention of FOV. I guess it'll require someone to mod it. Looks like it maxes out at 80, your weapon doesn't scale either.

I also find the camera options for the car rather weak, no bumper cam view They over did the camera bob when you use "hood" view and it's not centered.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video
2. Re: Grand Theft Auto V Editor Video Apr 13, 2015, 21:30 DangerDog

Starting Forest Gump

I wish they put this kind of effort into releasing mission and mod tools for the game.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 22:09 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 21:41:
Grokk wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 20:38:
I really wish I could justify getting this for PC. I have it on PS3 and PS4 already.

I just don't think it will hold my interest long enough for online to play out.
I love the single player game, but multiplayer has always been a bit iffy at best in my opinion.

I have it on 360 and ps3....can't wait to play with my pc friends online. Private server, no griefers. Going to be awesome.

what? how do you do a private server? 32 friends exactly and you all join at once? Can you limit your game to just friends?

I don't have any clue how multiplayer works in this game.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 12, 2015, 17:48 DangerDog

Don't they already have a million pre-orders for the Apple watch?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 12, 2015, 17:26 DangerDog

Ant wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 16:07:
CJ_Parker wrote on Apr 12, 2015, 15:22:
Wow. So good to see Elite Dangerous on there. My faith in mankind has been partly restored .
Maybe Linux and Mac OS X ports will bump it to #1.

No Linux port planed from what I've read. The mac os port was one of the kickstarter goals, I guess there are a few HOTAS setups that work on macs. I don't know about head tracking though, which adds a ton of immersion to the game/sim.

4838 Comments. 242 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo