Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4329 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
1. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 14, 2014, 17:32 DangerDog

Just watch the original with english subs, I have no faith in their ability to do a better job.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
34. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 15:26 DangerDog

Notch is going to need to do an inversion to get out of paying 48% tax on that money.  

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
19. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 18:12 DangerDog

HoSpanky wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 16:33:
Can't work well, no way. Steam streaming has trouble with 1080p over a wired gigabit network, they're not gonna pull off 60fps/1080p over the Internet.

good thing most xbox games are barely 720p

PropheT wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 16:54:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 16:45:
The difference is that you actually have to own your Steam games, then streaming can only be done locally. This is cloud streaming, so it can be done from anywhere. And depending on how they do it, you'll could have access to a vast library of existing Xbox games.

There's enough crossover with Xbox titles that I can't personally see any reason to want this over the benefits of owning and installing the same games locally to a gaming PC.

almost all of the off the shelf PC's can't run games for shit, high end graphics cards will always cost a couple of hundred bucks.

if you could play games on low end PC's then there would be a market for such service, if it worked well enough to actually have an enjoyable experience.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 13, 2014, 14:08 DangerDog

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 13:01:
I always thought Radioshack had a huge opportunity to get into the enthusiast PC components business, they would have been really well positioned after CompUSA went under.

Today they should be the goto place for picking up arduino/raspberry pie micro controllers and parts. They should be the place to build and buy quadcopters. Instead they decided to sell commoditized cell phones to redneck and ghetto clientele. How could that have gone so wrong?

They would need to undercut places like amazon and newegg on price and that's rather difficult to do when you have huge overhead of retail locations, especially in the places where they had their stores - expensive malls that operate under triple net rules.

It would also be a nightmare trying to find qualified people to work there and dealing with really stupid customers who can't even figure out how to plug in a computer let alone build one. The RMA's would eat you alive.

As for the maker community I think they gave that a stab too but for all the hype around the build it your self projects it's cheaper and easier to just buy something already made. Nobody seems to have time or interest in hobby electronic projects anymore.

News Comments > MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers?
5. Re: MS Working on Xbox Streaming to Browsers? Sep 13, 2014, 13:58 DangerDog

Internet infrastructure is too shitty in most of the US for this to ever work effectively. Lagging out while playing a youtube video is one thing but trying to play a game that requires exact timing and precise control is another. Then you'll need to most likely have an xbox live gold account along with some form of game rental fee on top.

dead before it even launched.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
50. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 13, 2014, 00:51 DangerDog

SlimRam wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 22:36:
I have currently 145 hours into this (seriously). I had finally earned enough to buy the GRAND DADDY super huge DELUXE Lakon Type 9 freighter! She was a BEAUT! 440 cargo capacity, shields of the GODS, the abilty to easily jump entirely across the known galaxy on a tank of gas. 3 MILLION credits to own.

I flew one mission with it and began exiting a station for a second run with my big, beautiful shiny new ship

Then I clipped the side of one of the long pylons that sticks out of the sides of some of the different stations you don't usually see and in one single flash of light and poop.

My ship was gone.

I think I died a little on the inside when I realized that I had used all of my money to buy the ship and the cargo I was currently hauling.

I didn't have enough money for the insurance to buy my ship back...

So, I saddled up in my free Sidewinder and...quietly...I headed back out into the black with my heavy heart.

To do it all over again. YES I love this game that much

Those first couple of jumps with a new ship is always nerve wracking, it's so tempting to fill up all the cargo bay with every last credit to your name.

when things go wrong though, ouch.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Sep 12, 2014, 21:11 DangerDog

something like 99 levels in the original load runner, I think I made it almost half way before giving up.

RIP Mr. Load Runner creator

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus
45. Re: Elite: Dangerous Launch Pricing and Preorder Bonus Sep 12, 2014, 18:54 DangerDog

Microsoft can buy them up, because they like to buy up everybody.  

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
38. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 13:14 DangerDog

"We've altered the deal, pray we don't alter it further"  

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
74. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 14:09 DangerDog

People are fickle, it's already reached saturation point and they'll drop their foam sword for the next thing at the drop of a hat.

The geeks like minecraft because it's still has that underground indie cool aspect to it. If you put a mega corporation like Microsoft behind it you might as well cart all of those minecraft product tie-ins to the dump.

I think people are comparing this to something like tetris but unless Notch took out a patten on smashing blocks into tiny bits you can't tell me that you couldn't make a minecraft knock off for a whole lot less than two billion. Someone else sure will and if they just match minecraft in features then *poof* all those players will switch over.

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
69. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 13:50 DangerDog

BitWraith wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 13:07:
To the Microsoft won't make a dime folks:

Maybe if they squander the opportunity (likely). However, Microsoft isn't just buying a game, they're buying a BRAND. Minecraft sells tons of t-shirts, toys, foam weapons and armor, etc etc.

They'll blow it, but don't think they're just paying 2 billion for a small game here.

Come on get real, anyone who has bought minecraft already has. It's not like we're talking about something like Lego brand that seems to keep going on endlessly making new revenue.

Not even Warcraft is worth paying 2 billion for.

Microsoft would have some serious explaining to do to investors if they actually pay 2 billion for this.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 9, 2014, 18:11 DangerDog

only $350 for the iwatch, only.

it looks like an old ipod with a wrist strap.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 9, 2014, 17:58 DangerDog

but still not as big as pocket pool.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing
1. Re: Battlefield 4: Final Stand Details; Testing Sep 9, 2014, 17:56 DangerDog

I hope they're making BF2143, I only hold out a glimmer of a hope for the Star Wars Battlefront game mainly because I think it'll end up being another glow stick jedi knight dance off affair. Everyone running around with a light saber pretty much ruins the impact of iconic power that Jedi's are suppose to represent in Star Wars.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation
8. Re: Gone Gold - Alien: Isolation Sep 9, 2014, 17:40 DangerDog

NeOCidE wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 15:59:
Please be good please be good please be good.

Wasn't there some negativity recently regarding the AI being contrived?
Like no matter what choices you made, the alien would be in the exact same place at the exact same time?
Hope this is good after previous Alien attempts.

I don't know but it's pretty much down to the Alien AI in terms of if this game is worth buying. I dig the retro sci-fi atmosphere and the fact that it's not a shooter. If it has baked in scripted events that play out regardless of what you do then that will be a huge letdown.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2014, 17:30 DangerDog

I watched some of Destiny gameplay on twitch last night and while I can see why console gamers would be excited about having a new game to play, any game really. It looked like a quasi sci-fi version of Borderlands with characters ripped from a Mass Effect game. The enemy AI behaviors looked like they were ripped right out of a Halo game and the PvP Multiplayer looked like Call of Duty.

not that there's anything wrong with that, maybe they've struck gold with their game. I still question where the alleged $500 million production budget went, the first cut scene was some of the most awful voice acting I've ever heard in a game. It didn't help that they copped out on doing any actual lipsync animations to go along with it, are all the characters masked?

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: etc., etc. Sep 9, 2014, 02:36 DangerDog

I hope Maxis pinkie promises on that.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 8, 2014, 16:35 DangerDog

Another "next gen" game gimped by last gen game development on xbox360 and ps3.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
2. Re: Morning Interviews Sep 8, 2014, 15:22 DangerDog

He says a whole lot of nothing about something.  

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
4. Re: Sunday Consolidation Sep 7, 2014, 21:30 DangerDog

What does $150 get you in Destiny's Ghost Edition?

A 60 degree FOV, from what I've heard.

4329 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo