Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5014 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Aperture VR Video
1. Re: Aperture VR Video Jul 21, 2015, 16:15 DangerDog

Neat mini "holodeck" type implementation, they need to have the cables coming up and over the players head but even if they do devise a system that takes care of that you have rooms with ceiling fans or other issues to deal with.

They still haven't solved the input problem, best hope seems to be on implementing something like Google's Project Soli "radar" input system.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 20, 2015, 20:39 DangerDog

The Apollo 11 Moon landing was one of the single greatest achievements in the history of humankind.

Seems like we should have a national holiday for landing on the moon, or at least a day of recognition.

News Comments > Battleborn Trailers
3. Re: Battleborn Trailers Jul 17, 2015, 21:34 DangerDog

first person MOBA, I'm sure it'll be a huge hit.  

News Comments > Brothers In Arms Rearming
17. Re: Brothers In Arms Rearming Jul 17, 2015, 17:45 DangerDog

Do I get to play as a German defending the motherland against a hostile invader?  

News Comments > What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die
8. Re: What The Flock? Multiplayer Game Will End When Enough Players Die Jul 16, 2015, 20:12 DangerDog

attention whore publicity stunt, they most likely have the population set so high that it would take years to reach zero - until some griefer figures out a way to scam the system.  

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
19. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 14, 2015, 20:46 DangerDog

Tons of people had buyers regret with Elite Dangerous, dumb people paying to play the alpha for $250 or something.

I wonder if this will get Mr. Smart from talking about it anymore.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
39. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 18:07 DangerDog

Wash Washburne wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 17:10:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 15:56:
Wait for when they announce the game won't have a traditional server browser, in game or using some form of web based portal.

They're using matchmaking 100% with this game.

Now that is a much bigger bummer for me, could care less for split screen.
However would love to see dedicated servers and a proper server browser!! Unfortunately that might be just a pipe dream...

Hasn't been confirmed yet but if you look at the alpha test there wasn't any form of back end battlelog type system, just a one click button to play multiplayer. I think that was what they were testing, getting early feedback - not so much.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 14, 2015, 17:09 DangerDog

Seems like a bad move by Firefox, people will just click allow all to stop the annoyance and leave them more vulnerable in return.

If you want to protect yourself against zero day exploits from web browser bugs, flash, java script, ransomware etc then run your browser in sandboxie.

News Comments > No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC
35. Re: No Star Wars Battlefront Split Screen on PC Jul 14, 2015, 15:56 DangerDog

Wait for when they announce the game won't have a traditional server browser, in game or using some form of web based portal.

They're using matchmaking 100% with this game.

News Comments > Jade Raymond Joins EA
15. Re: Jade Raymond Joins EA Jul 13, 2015, 18:11 DangerDog

Visceral is working on the "Han Solo" game, probably a movie tie-in.

Sounds like she's going to be working on another project.

News Comments > Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate
7. Re: Rockstar on GTA5 Framerate Jul 13, 2015, 16:54 DangerDog

Time for another round of reduction in visual fidelity "tweaks", I swear the end goal is to make it look just like the xbox 360 version on the PC.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
6. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 12, 2015, 17:47 DangerDog

They keep talking about "Windows as a service" which sounds like they'll eventually charge a monthly fee to use it just like they have with xbox live.

They're working with an entire generation of people growing up expecting to pay for things that shouldn't cost extra and will want to keep that ball rolling along.

They'll probably do "Windows Gold" and bundle in a bunch of cloud crap to make it seem like you're getting such a great deal.

The reason Microsoft is releasing Windows 10 for free is to get people using the Windows Store, as it receives a 30% cut of all sales. It also unifies the userbase, as Microsoft has a major issue getting XP users to upgrade and faced the same problem with Windows 7. They'll still charge for new licences and businesses will still have to pay the megabucks for support contracts.

I still think they'll alter the deal if they don't get enough people subscribing to their auxiliary cloud services, maybe they can supplant some of the lost revenue from data mining people with "cortana"

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
4. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 12, 2015, 04:54 DangerDog

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 21:18:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 14:02:
And he also seems oblivious to copyright laws.

How so? The Mega Man collection is a licensed product that Capcom announced themselves a while back.

And the whole point of what these guys are doing is that you won't need various emulators to play your illegally-obtained ROMs. It's platform-agnostic digital reproduction of what was on the cartridge. We need more publishers getting on board with this.

I thought he was doing this and calling it "art restoration", didn't sound like he had commercial permission from reading the article. Guess I missed that part.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 14:20 DangerDog

Task wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 11:21:
Looks like SC released a video teaser update regarding the FPS portion. And the write up.

If that's all they can show of the FPS module then this is going to be another "Interstellar Marines" fiasco. Those weapon site gifs look like they were done in photoshop, the blurring effect is retarded and doesn't even match from one to the other.

They're in full spin control, why don't they just put up a huge banner that says "Please don't sue us!"

News Comments > Saturday Interviews
2. Re: Saturday Interviews Jul 11, 2015, 14:02 DangerDog

And he also seems oblivious to copyright laws.  

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
145. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 10, 2015, 19:45 DangerDog

Tumbler wrote on Jul 10, 2015, 11:48:
[
DICE is likely the best studio to give a summary on progress of Star Citizen because they're really the only guys that run a FPS engine that involves FPS combat on the ground with vehicles you can fly and drive around on the same map. But I doubt they would comment publically.

Even they know when to put the breaks on when deciding to use an engine designed for first person shooters with a space simulation, the fact that they're not having any space combat in
Star Wars Battlefront speaks volumes.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 10, 2015, 19:40 DangerDog

Nothing I hate more than coil whine from a graphics card, seems they almost always decide to go with sub-standard parts on reference boards and then it becomes the luck of the draw.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 9, 2015, 18:08 DangerDog

Microsoft could easily conquer the smart phone eco system, all they have to do is look to their origins on the PC and emulate that.

Create an affordable x86 based phone/phablet like the Asus zenfone 2, release a completely open platform version of Windows for it, include the ability to use desktop apps with full functionality in docked mode. Tap into Google Android app market through emulation. Have all versions of the phone unlocked to be used on various cell services.

But they won't do this because they're still trying too hard to be just like Apple and sell overpriced hardware with a walled garden software eco system.

News Comments > Into the Stars Early Access
12. Re: Into the Stars Early Access Jul 9, 2015, 17:44 DangerDog

Still waiting for the 32-bit graphic version of FTL, this looks like 256-bit at least.  

News Comments > CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns
79. Re: CIG Refutes Star Citizen Concerns Jul 9, 2015, 17:32 DangerDog

Luke wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 16:58:
Darks wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 16:48:
Before this is all said and done, this game will turn out to be the biggest law suit in the history of gaming.

Chris Roberts wont even be able to find a Rock to hide under after ripping off everyone with false hopes and dreams.

people should just stop Funding any games out there , people are just so easy to trick

I'm glad to have backed Elite Dangerous, I got into the very late beta stage when it wasn't very expensive to do so and played it for 300 hours.

The biggest observable thing that they did on ED was to fine tune the space flight and combat feel to the game first and foremost. I still feel like they haven't done this properly for Star Citizen, all of the releases they've made so far have felt like they're bolting on a spaceship hud to a FPS game. There's a sense of physical presence you get in ED, especially if you use Track IR or one of the many forms of head tracking that Star Citizen is lacking.

5014 Comments. 251 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo