Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3950 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Stops Selling The War Z
30. Re: Steam Stops Selling The War Z Dec 19, 2012, 18:09 DangerDog

That's pretty funny, they thought they could pull one over on the internet?

Hopefully this won't tarnish DayZ when it makes it to stand alone release.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
28. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 18:02 DangerDog

Pretty obvious with that fire sale of just about every viable PC game in their library included with that humble bundle.

Doesn't look too good for unreleased games, I would bet a lot of that money goes towards a couple of golden parachutes at the top.

News Comments > Gas Powered Countdown
9. Re: Gas Powered Countdown Dec 19, 2012, 12:47 DangerDog

Frijoles wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 12:20:
Hope it's another TA. I really want a base building RTS. There's right around zero these days.

planetary annihilation is the next unofficial TA game

News Comments > Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer
14. Re: Project GODUS Multiplayer Trailer Dec 19, 2012, 12:41 DangerDog

48 hours left, will they make it?

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning?
7. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 12:39 DangerDog

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:09:
Just when you thought EA couldn't find any new ways to put off potential buyers they manage it. How any publisher can think that two-months is an acceptable amount of time to support a game for is beyond me.

As for Danger Close, they should have all been out of a job after the trainwreck that was the original game. The talented members would have been able to find a job elsewhere, while the rest would have been free to learn a new profession.

Why would you keep supporting a game when only a few people are playing it?

http://mohwstats.com/

across the board, the game is dead - not just on PC. Lots of people blew through the unlock system in MOHWF within the first week or two of release - around 24hours of gametime to reach max rank. Once they did that they left.

meanwhile over on the Battlefield 3 side

http://bf3stats.com/

still plugging along.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning?
3. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter Support Waning? Dec 19, 2012, 11:02 DangerDog

I only paid $30 so I only feel half way ripped off

I'm not one to relish in the thought of anyone losing their jobs, especially this time of year but the people responsible for some of the bigger decisions deserve to be let go.

How do you not see that the main impact of using the Frostbyte 2 engine is its ability to have destruction in the game and not even have micro destruction? They didn't even implement physics for things like boxes and tires strewn about in the maps.

The map designs are pitiful at best, you get this clear vibe that they blocked off the player from having any sense of tactical advantage over another player with windows shuttered using indestructible wood that would make good covering positions, areas of the map that you think you should be able to access but were either blocked off with invisible walls or setup with out of bounds death zones.

Only a handful of things they got right - or tried to, most of them are just tick boxes - in game server browser or you could use battlelog, ability to lean - except you couldn't move while doing so, in game VOIP - too bad it never worked, I think they blamed Frostbyte 2 engine for that one. The weapon customization was cool but instead of having hundreds of different soldiers from different countries to unlock they should have just let you equip your one soldier with different gear.

To me though the biggest let down were the maps, they carried through the poor designs right to the just released map pack. One has you playing team deathmatch in a square map with a bunch of rock assets placed about the other is just a long rectangle with some buildings you can't enter.

I guess it's appropriate for a CM to be re-tasked to oversee the next EA game to be dead at release. Crytek still thinks they have a shot at capturing Call of Duty players while EA dreams about shafting gamers with more $10 map packs.

This comment was edited on Dec 19, 2012, 11:07.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 16:34 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:38:
DangerDog wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 15:01:
I miss the old id software though, the one that put effort into releasing multiplayer games, they just don't want to be bothered with all the support issues that goes along with it I guess.

I guess you mean the Q3A id? They've been a subpar developer for a decade: Rage, Q4, Doom 3, etc.

Actually, I would go back to Quake 2 as being their opus. Decent slice of single player combined with kick ass multiplayer plus mod support etc.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 18, 2012, 15:12 DangerDog

If I were Google I would have slapped on a .99 charge for the maps app, a special idiot tax for buying an Apple product in the first place.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers
12. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 15:01 DangerDog

I kind of liked RAGE but I'm super glad I didn't pay full retail for it, that would really hurt.

I miss the old id software though, the one that put effort into releasing multiplayer games, they just don't want to be bothered with all the support issues that goes along with it I guess.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack
6. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter: Zero Dark Thirty Map Pack Dec 18, 2012, 14:54 DangerDog

The multiplayer mechanics were fun, I liked the two man squad mechanic but they dropped the ball on the map designs and the lack of destruction.

Two whole maps for $10, what a DEAL!

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 17, 2012, 16:06 DangerDog

Sound appropriate, the rest of the world has given up on Dell.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 17, 2012, 16:04 DangerDog

The extended cut has colin farrell getting out of the Rekall machine and demanding his money back.  

News Comments > Frontier Layoffs
10. Re: Frontier Layoffs Dec 17, 2012, 15:55 DangerDog

This isn't going to get funded but if it did with most everything being procedural based you wouldn't need a ton of art and animation people, audio is pretty sparse too.

when this kickstarter fails it'll be back to business making ipad games.

they got too greedy with this kickstarter, it should have made funding right now for a sinlge player only, graphical updated Elite. If it sold well then start your lofty MMO style Elite.

Same thing with that "Populous" remake GODUS, update the graphics and kick it out the door.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Dec 16, 2012, 14:46 DangerDog

Skynet being made isn't a question of if, it's a question of when.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: This Dec 15, 2012, 14:00 DangerDog

The last thing we need is more laws or government intervention.

http://i.imgur.com/TbJjJ.jpg

I prefer to observe self censorship and won't be tuning into any mainstream media "news" coverage, especially ones that included talking heads giving their "expert opinions".

News Comments > Arma 3 Delayed
9. Re: Arma 3 Delayed Dec 13, 2012, 16:31 DangerDog

I think they were planing on having a community alpha released before the new year, same for Day-Z - also delayed? but they decided to go with a newer version of Physx which meant redoing a lot of their assets.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
8. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Dec 13, 2012, 14:42 DangerDog

Yeah, I would have put some money towards it but all the cheap seats are taken. If it gets funded I'll buy it when it's released.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer
4. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 12, 2012, 23:57 DangerDog

Good looking art assets but the gameplay still looks so derivative of trying to be a 'superhero' experience.

the one man army thing looks and sounds better than it plays, I still prefer the feeling of being vulnerable in a game or starting off that way and then building up to a modicum form of a seasoned soldier.

everything in these crysis games feel like it's there to just have something to shoot at from the generic aliens to the generic cell soldiers. story? what story?

looks good though, nice poster card for what the cryengine can do.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
1. Re: Evening Screenshots Dec 11, 2012, 21:55 DangerDog

some serious bullshots going on here  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Shyamalan's new sci-fi flick Dec 11, 2012, 16:07 DangerDog

Shok wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 09:50:
I would love to watch the trailer for that new flick but it looks like the Sony copyright bots took it down from youtube. Great marketing there guys.

caught a glimpse of it yesterday on yahoo, it looked pretty bad to me.

I'm not a will smith fan and I know his kid pulls in money at the box office but it seems like they're really leaning too hard on the "father and son" dynamic duo.

It's got to be more than a coincidence when studios release two movies that look so similar around the same time. You've got this one, after earth and tom cruise in oblivion.

3950 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo