Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4130 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 20:06 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 19:50:
After EA handled Medal of Honor Warfighter, I'd be a bit cautious in purchasing another military shooter from these guys... Warfighter left quite a bat taste in gamers mouths, and they sort of connected the games when you could get into the BF4 beta by pre-ordering Warfighter.

DICE didn't make Warfighter, it just used the Frostbite engine.

They did that same early access to the beta thing for Battlefield 3, didn't amount to more than one week early access.

I'm more concerned that the modern war setting being too played out, ready for a BF2143 game more than Battlefield 3 part II. They've already explored the classic venues with the Karkand expansion, rehashing wake island yet again will be like beating a dead horse.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 19:49 DangerDog

It'll be interesting to see what 64bit brings to Frostbite 2 engine on the PC.

I expect it to be a 30 second clip of mostly just logo animations and the garbled Battlefield music theme.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 14, 2013, 21:28 DangerDog

I wonder how it will play out for the new consoles if AMD bit the dust.  

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center
20. Re: PlanetSide 2 Patch Adds VR Training Center Mar 13, 2013, 18:22 DangerDog

Panickd wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 17:03:
Giving new players somewhere to go and learn is a good thing but it doesn't solve the major flaw in the design of the game. If they would put in an endgame that resets every time one faction "wins" it would go a long way toward making the game's players feel like what they were doing mattered.

oh but having a "winning" event is totally sacrilegious to Planetside players, go back to call of duty of battlefield etc yada yada

it would be cool to have an end game event, I don't ever seeing it happening because the vocal push back is too great.

edit: content locking sounds interesting but it probably wont happen all that often unless there's a huge imbalance in one faction over the other two.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2013, 18:33.

News Comments > Day Z Video
11. Re: Day Z Video Mar 12, 2013, 02:32 DangerDog

They need to at least get Arma 3's player movement systems into this, that's really the most outstanding improvement they've made. I'm not impressed so much with the rest of Arma 3 so far.  

News Comments > Day Z Video
1. Re: Day Z Video Mar 11, 2013, 22:00 DangerDog

game looks so dated and it's not even out yet  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month?
10. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month? Mar 8, 2013, 23:30 DangerDog

Arma III seems like it'll be Arma 2.5 they're just not taking an aggressive enough stance to bring it into the realm of modern fps games. Player movement while improved is still clunky, the UI is still an excel spreadsheet. All that command interface stuff should be scrapped, how many people take command of hundreds of units at once?

Drives me nuts because underneath all the many layers that are the Arma Onion you could have one hell of a Battlefield killer. A target that BiS should have set out to match is Novalogic's Joint Operations - that game was tactical and fun to play. It'll never happen unfortunately because BiS is still concentrating on Man Simulator 2.0

News Comments > Arma III Trailer
7. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 7, 2013, 23:11 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 7, 2013, 22:12:
Could this be the replacement for BF2, in terms of mod-ability and co-op play vs. bots? I heard only lukewarm things about Arma 2. Is BI making a strong effort to address the deficiencies of the previous game in the upcoming one?

The game does look pretty sweet. Just a bit of pop-in, but vehicles and player models especially look good.

Nope, this won't replace Battlefield. It's got way too much simulation and not enough game. In order to get the most out of Arma you have to do strict rollplay of soldering.

They've improved the on-foot feel but have added in extra layers of complexity to your movements that essentially distance itself even further from other games. From a simulation point of view it's all good but it also means you're not going to capture 'casual shooter' fans.

It's hard to tell how far Bis can push the needed revisions before they release the game, under the chassis it's still Arma and that has its benefits for moving content from older games to this one but on the other hand it means it also still has to deal with a lot of clunkyness of previous games. It's not a reboot of the franchise but more a polish progression to Arma 3 from previous Arma games.

After the modding community gets through with it there might not even be a milsim on the other side but rather more survival horror modes like DayZ.

News Comments > Arma III Trailer
2. Re: Arma III Trailer Mar 7, 2013, 21:27 DangerDog

*GTX Titan non included  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Delayed
5. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Delayed Mar 7, 2013, 01:27 DangerDog

They're hard at work replacing the Russian soldiers with Weyland Yutani corporate thugs.  

News Comments > Another BF2142 Sequel Hint?
27. Re: Another BF2142 Sequel Hint? Mar 6, 2013, 15:06 DangerDog

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 6, 2013, 10:40:
2142 was my favorite and most-played game in the series. If there's anything that can get me back into Battlefield, it's more Titan mode.

I wish it was being announced that 2143 is actually the next Battlefield game.

BF4 is rumored to be modern shooter again though.

News Comments > EA: Dead Space Rumor "Patently False"
5. Re: EA: Dead Space Rumor Mar 6, 2013, 02:41 DangerDog

They've got DLC packs for Dead Space 3 to sell, then they'll announce that it's on hiatus along with medal of honor.

News Comments > Arma III Alpha Released
64. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 19:56 DangerDog

I know, there's all sorts of alpha stuff in the game. windows making a breaking glass sound but don't actually break. I did find one object I could sort of interact with, a bucket. I shot it and it turned over on its side - no physx type interaction just flipped over.

They've really improved the movement, especially when in close quarters. If the AI is up to the task you could make some really cool rainbow six type scenarios.

62. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 19:28 DangerDog

Okay you can now throw grenades with one key - one throw fits all, but you can't cook them

You can't switch fire modes without cycling through weapon attachments.

binding keys seems like a never ending battle with Arma games, they really need to streamline some of this stuff.

35. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 13:40 DangerDog

Well, they've been known to slip their expected ship dates just like all developers. I hope it reaches beta sometime in July though, that would be cool.  

33. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 13:28 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 12:09:
Obviously I see the differences between Arma3 and WarZ, but I still would much rather Steam not allow Alphas on there.

BIS is being genuine and upfront about things, but now we're setting precedents for Alphas on Steam, and soon a less ethical dev will try to fuck people over again.

Creston

I don't mind being able to sample a game early and even assist in making the game better, nice pre-order bonus and you can still judge if you want to get involved with the game at a number of different levels before spending any money. Watch streams of people playing the game, youtube videos of actual gameplay, and there will be plenty of free invites to the alpha minus multiplayer gameplay.

Natural Selection 2 was also done this way as well, minus the ability to sample before purchase bit.

EA on the other hand, pre-order this other game and get early access to the beta of BF4 (or whatever) is just underhanded marketing crap.

News Comments > Heroes & Generals Open Beta
9. Re: Heroes & Generals Open Beta Mar 1, 2013, 14:46 DangerDog

Played the closed beta and couldn't get into it, the game uses an in-browser type game engine which at the time you couldn't tell it where you wanted to install - it just plopped it on your System drive though there was some sort of workaround to move the files if you wanted.

It was basically conquest mode from battlefield but the player movement and shooting just felt really clunky. It's been awhile but I think they had limits on what class you could pick sort of like Red Orchestra. Good luck going up against a sniper when all you have is some slow to aim enfield with iron sights.

The scope is just too big and at the end of the day you'll end up with a server population equivilant to Red Orchestra 2 - couple of hundred people.

News Comments > Star Wars: 1313 on Hold?
8. Re: Star Wars: 1313 on Hold? Feb 28, 2013, 23:31 DangerDog

I think their "game play" trailer rendered them out of what can be pulled off with current gen consoles.

This is going to be Aliens:Colonial Marines part II

News Comments > The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End
14. Re: The War Z Returns to Steam; Refunds End Feb 27, 2013, 01:57 DangerDog

Now about that Aliens Colonial Marines game...

yeah, it's a Steamworks title.

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=49540

News Comments > Arma 3 Alpha Next Week
19. Re: Arma 3 Alpha Next Week Feb 27, 2013, 01:37 DangerDog

Paranoid Jack wrote on Feb 26, 2013, 23:50:
Thanks for that link DangerDog, looks much better than I had hoped, I'm interested now.

edit: I'm thinking the deluxe or supporter edition but I don't like the fact that they are saying there may not even be any DLC or add-ons while they're pitching it as a bonus for buying their support edition. But if you look at all the add-ons for ArmA 2 they had much more than the original game and it looks as if they may have finally made it a lot less clunky. Not to mention DayZ (the stand alone) is probably going to release on the new engine.

There were two DLC add-ons (PMC and British armed forces) for Arma 2 and one stand alone expansion (operation arrowhead). They've said that DayZ is going to be using an improved version of Arma 2 engine and not Arma 3 - maybe that will change but I doubt it.

4130 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo