Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3950 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail
18. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 17:12 DangerDog

Hellbinder wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 11:18:
is it just me or does this sentence not make any sense.

""After Bohemia Interactive denied that its employees were in Greece and illegally obtained photos as part of their work""

so were they there for their work or not?

they were on vacation, but of course scoping out details to put into Arma III

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail
17. Re: Bohemia Interactive Devs Make Bail Jan 15, 2013, 17:10 DangerDog

I can't wait to play the mission in Arma III where you are tasked with releasing two bohemia developers from prison.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 15, 2013, 02:31 DangerDog

I only use cnet for product looks, not reviews so much.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 14, 2013, 21:22 DangerDog

Really want an Oculus Rift but I can wait till it's a polished product, lighter, 1080p screens and faster sensors for retail please.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs
25. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 16:30 DangerDog

Where is the PC love letter for this game, Borderlands 2 had one but I'm not going to assume that Gearbox will put forth the same effort with this game unless it's mentioned somewhere. FOV adjustments? Graphic settings? Mouse driven interface?

Are they still going with only 3rd person view for the Aliens in multiplayer? What other dumb game design decisions have been made? No ability to jump or crouch?

I suspect this will be an extremely short single player campaign and supplemented with co-op multiplayer.

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman
11. Re: Gas Powered Games Announces Wildman Jan 14, 2013, 16:21 DangerDog

If all these KS games get released at the same time March 2014 is going to be like Christmas.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 14, 2013, 15:07 DangerDog

Apple is done, say teens.

Apple products are too expensive according to a group of poor broke teens.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 13, 2013, 15:36 DangerDog

I upgraded to 2550x1440 27" display and let me tell you those are some tiny pixels. I love having the extra screen space though.

I'd need to do a major hardware upgrade to run 3840x2160, I'm surprised that my GTX285 can handle 1440 - though I don't run games with ultra high settings.

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Sunday Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2013, 15:04 DangerDog

In one, Rianz sought about $2700 from a Wellington student whose internet account was allegedly used without her knowledge to download five songs valued at $11.75. That case also seemed destined for a formal hearing.Fairfax NZ

even if she did do the downloading, for the "third strike" I would only award the Rianz $5 if I were on the jury.

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 11, 2013, 23:43 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 20:00:
I'm ok if Hollywood, games and guns all were tamed some. Perhaps one without the others is unfair.

I am too, more room for chainsaws and wood chippers

News Comments > Op Ed
60. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 15:10 DangerDog

So are we looking at an assault weapon ban in video games?

/places new powercell in BFG9000

I guess I can live with that

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution Details
4. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Revolution Details Jan 9, 2013, 16:51 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 21:39:
You know....I am really enjoying this iteration. I hvae a core group of about 10 people that I play with in groups and we have a good time. We will often split into 4v4 and add in a couple pubs for a game of CTF. You have the random a-holes online, but it is pretty fun. The look of the game is miles above MW3 that just looks washed out.

That being said, not sure I will buy the DLC. I didn't get the Season Pass, as I usually never buy all of the packs, so I wouldn't be gaining anything as some of the packs are zombie only, and I don't play that mode.

And honestly, I really need to move onto something else in my library....started up Serious Sam BFE and although fun, just not doing it for me for some reason. Why does it feel "off"?

Serious Sam starts off trying to be a regular shooter, running through war torn buildings but some of the levels later in the game recaptures the nostalgic feeling from the first games.

as for this DLC pack, the maps don't look that great to me. A skate park? really? I don't like the zombie game mode at all, I wish I could reclaim that hard drive space it's talking up. I also thought that xbox exclusive stuff expired, guess they renewed the contract.

News Comments > On Standalone DayZ DelayZ
17. Re: On Standalone DayZ DelayZ Jan 7, 2013, 22:18 DangerDog

Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward fame is making a zombie survival game too, human element.

still a ways off with a target release of 2015

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 7, 2013, 22:03 DangerDog

That RT surface tablet will also be a loss for MS, it's their next zune fiasco.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
20. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2013, 19:42 DangerDog

I thought EA was going to bring Origin to the Wii-U, maybe they're just delaying the release of crysis 3 till they have that working?  

11. Re: On Standalone DayZ DelayZ Jan 7, 2013, 18:58 DangerDog

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 18:54:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 18:47:
Kinda hoping the stand alone DayZ would use the ARMA 3 engine.

I was, too. He talks about it in this blog post on the official site:

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/34430567933/whatever-you-say-it-is-it-isnt

oh crap, thought that's why they're delaying it. well they better do something about those crude gun handling and reloading animations.

10. Re: On Standalone DayZ DelayZ Jan 7, 2013, 18:56 DangerDog

Quboid wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 18:17:
I got Arma2:CO in the Christmas sales - what is up with the mouse movement? There seems to be mouse deceleration, the faster I try to turn the slower my character turns.

I know it's not a twitch shooter but if this is for realism then it's seriously misguided. You can still turn unrealistically fast by cranking up the sensitivity.

It's hard to put my finger on it but mouse handling seems deeply flawed. Is this just me?

Have you tried turning "aiming deadzone" all the way down? options->game options>aiming deadzone

turns off the "float" feeling you might be talking about.

4. Re: On Standalone DayZ DelayZ Jan 7, 2013, 18:11 DangerDog

I'm glad they're not just repacking the day z mod with the existing arma II tech for a quick cash in.

sucks that they still haven't freed those two devs

News Comments > NVIDIA's Cloud Gaming
24. Re: NVIDIA's Cloud Gaming Jan 7, 2013, 15:29 DangerDog

I have a feeling that this is the way Valve intends to deliver content to their linux console. They're going to use this technology to roll their own gaikai / onlive service for steam users.

If it gave instant access to all the games in your library without needing to download and install them locally, they would really put the hurt on all the other cloud gaming businesses.

News Comments > NVIDIA Portable Announced
30. Re: NVIDIA Portable Announced Jan 7, 2013, 15:21 DangerDog

Would be cool - maybe, if it didn't render the server computer useless for any other task.

I would rather have a device like this that hooks up to a TV, and also supports media streaming when not being used to play games.

3950 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo