Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4295 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Closed Beta
2. Re: Tactical Intervention Closed Beta Aug 22, 2013, 16:38 DangerDog

Well that trailer saved me from wasting any time actually downloading it, they even conveniently showed a glimpse of the insane amount of microtransation based items.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned
8. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Dedicated Servers Planned Aug 22, 2013, 14:48 DangerDog

This is going to be just like Black Ops 2, dedicated servers with no direct control over them and no ability to pick which server you play on.

The only benefit is you don't have host migration but everything else feels the same as peer-2-peer matchmaking.

News Comments > DayZ Delayed Again
20. Re: DayZ Delayed Again Aug 22, 2013, 14:43 DangerDog

They could get a small following with releasing it as a commercial project but people are going to forge ahead with zombie mods on Arma III and DayZ is already painfully dated. Looks like they thought it would be a quick trip to retail but got taken in with mucking about adding features to Arma II engine.

I'm sure the imprisonment of the developers didn't help any.

News Comments > Terminator Games Planned
18. Re: Terminator Games Planned Aug 21, 2013, 17:15 DangerDog

RaZ0r! wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:31:
What the target demographic for these titles? 40-60 yrs?? Sometimes you have to let an IP GO..........

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=96

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=152

The IP is still viable, and target demographic is people who grew up in the 80's watching the movie. No little kid can afford those figures.

17. Re: Terminator Games Planned Aug 21, 2013, 17:08 DangerDog

Julio wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 16:29:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 15:18:
Arnold is just too damn old and replacing him with someone else is just wrong on so many levels.

Arnie isn't too old, he was great in The Last Stand! And looking forward to Conan the King.

He could be good as an "older" King, the ending of Conan is a classic image to work from but let's not even go there with pretending that Arnold could pull off the image of him traveling back to the past completely naked, and a CG Arnold could work but they'll still screw it up. I somehow doubt Arnold would let his image be shown as the ultra-violent villain blowing away people and the police ever again, petty sure he said so much in interviews.

12. Re: Terminator Games Planned Aug 21, 2013, 15:18 DangerDog

These are the same guys making that really bad looking Rambo game, they put out a trailer with no animation for the bullets being fed into the machine gun while firing.

Skynet/Future Shock was pretty good but Bethesda said having to pay the royalties to make games based on The Terminator were too high so they dropped the license.

This is leading up to the "reboot" of the first Terminator movie that's being talked about, yes a lame ass "reboot". Before anyone asks, in no way shape or form will James Cameron be involved with this inevitable train wreck. I love his quote on why he doesn't want to touch the Alien franchise ever again, "too many people have peed in the soup". I'm sure he feels the same way about The Terminator.

Arnold is just too damn old and replacing him with someone else is just wrong on so many levels. Fun trivia fact, O.J. Simpson was originally going to be offered the part of playing the terminator, Orion wanted Simpson but Jim Cameron persuaded the studio to go with Arnold.

News Comments > Titanfall Gameplay Trailer
7. Re: Titanfall Gameplay Trailer Aug 21, 2013, 03:56 DangerDog

What else do you do in the game? I mean it looks good but if it's just deathmatch against stompy mechs and grunts that'll get old pretty quick.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Aug 21, 2013, 00:26 DangerDog

Kosumo wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 21:24:
But it's illegal! I'm sure they wont put illegal stuff in such an AAA top selling game!

it was shown as medical marijuana in the game clip, they should use it in place of health kits.

News Comments > BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed
11. Re: BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed Aug 20, 2013, 15:42 DangerDog

JayDeath wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 15:07:
I would take the plunge with this title if EA could promise that they would have a handle on the hacking but I know that can't be promised and the rampant hacking in BF3 ruined that game.
Is there a single player campaign for BF4? I'm one of the few that actually want a sp campaign. I thought the campaign for BF3 was pretty good.

Single player is in and they've dedicated a sizable portion of resources in making it more cinematic, co-op got the axe which I actually enjoyed a little bit but on the PC it sucked because you couldn't VOIP with random people.

They haven't detailed out multiplayer game modes, conquest, rush and team deathmatch are a given but no mention of CTF or some of the other oddball game modes that were in some of the BF3 expansions.

You're doubling up on paying for DLC packs twice by preordering if you intend on getting BF4 premium, just like they did for Karkand expansion for BF3.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows
17. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Coming to Windows Aug 20, 2013, 15:34 DangerDog

I'm too cynical to believe the hype of the E3 video. If they can deliver what was shown then cool, but it'll get torn to shreds if it becomes another case of "what we wish the game played like" presentation.  

News Comments > BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed
6. Re: BF4 Open Beta in October; BF4 Premium & Battlepacks Detailed Aug 20, 2013, 14:45 DangerDog

Once again the "beta" is a joke, nothing more than a demo preview most likely with game code that is divergent from what they plan on releasing, for stability purposes.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots [Updated]
8. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 17:47 DangerDog

I imagine this will be always online just like Sim City.  

News Comments > The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots [Updated]
5. Re: The Sims 4 Details & Screenshots Aug 17, 2013, 16:38 DangerDog

The only thing I found mildly amusing is creating a swimming pool and then taking away the ladder to let the sims get out.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Videos
5. Re: Battlefield 4 Videos Aug 17, 2013, 01:25 DangerDog

The marketing of BF4 is completely face palm worthy, given how much is at stake they'll at least get the "try harder" award for attempting to compete against Call of Duty.  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 17, 2013, 01:04 DangerDog

I'm just amazed that Chubby Checker is still kicking, thought he died long ago.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Videos
3. Re: Battlefield 4 Videos Aug 17, 2013, 00:56 DangerDog

Rattlehead wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 22:22:
Anyone know when the beta starts?

Probably two weeks before the game is released.

News Comments > Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week
14. Re: Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week Aug 16, 2013, 03:04 DangerDog

GTA IV actually runs faster when you run it with xliveless.  

News Comments > Betrayer Early Access
1. Re: Betrayer Early Access Aug 15, 2013, 01:08 DangerDog

LOL

These morons made a game in black and white.

We went with this look after trying out a lot of different visual approaches. What we love about it is that it turns the world almost two dimensional. The high contrast requires you to decipher what you're seeing in a way we find really engaging and tense. We even experimented with a light color wash, but it killed the mood.

We knew these visuals wouldn't appeal to everyone, but we decided to go with what excited us.

:-facepalm-:

News Comments > America's Army: Proving Grounds This Month
6. Re: America's Army: Proving Grounds This Month Aug 15, 2013, 00:57 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 23:06:
They really need to drastically slash the US military's budget. It's just ridicurous.

In a few more years we'll be living under military police rule, or the police with be militarized. Either way we won't need video games to simulate warfare.

News Comments > Battle.net Desktop App Beta
7. Re: Battle.net Desktop App Beta Aug 15, 2013, 00:43 DangerDog

nin wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 22:46:
ActiBliz's answer to steam...

Origin, Uplay, Games for Windows Live or is it Xbox Live for Windows now?

4295 Comments. 215 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo