Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3951 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video
9. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 14:46 DangerDog

The Magician wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 13:03:
I didn't even know C1 had multiplayer. I played the C2 preview beta thingee for all of about 5 minutes before deciding that Crytek didn't know squat about making multiplayer games.

I'm getting so sick of all the negativity on blues news!!! You people need to start enjoying these call of duty clone shooters and stop complaining about lack of depth and generic gameplay!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Q&As
6. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 29, 2013, 03:48 DangerDog

They develop these games using unreal engine on a PC, who are they kidding trying to make it seem like it's a monumental task to create a PC port of the game.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta
12. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 17:27 DangerDog

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 16:15:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 14:34:
Oh Crytek you're so silly, you think your game is Call of Duty with a nano suit.
Does anyone really play Crysis for the multiplayer, though?

No not really, power struggle wasn't horrible from Crysis 1 but it lacked some of the teamplay aspects you come to expect in a team based shooter. It was like playing Battlefield conquest mode but with deathmatch rules, no squads, no support rolls.

The nano suit is what throws everything out of whack, everyone being superman just isn't that much fun.

They do have a mode in this one where one person is all nano suited up and everyone else is just regular soldier with a gun, but even if it's fun they'll screw it up with DLC map packs you'll need to buy right after you've paid $60 for the game.

News Comments > GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots
13. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 15:10 DangerDog

I don't mind the no cockpit view, I usually prefer bumper cam when playing racing games but they should offer the ability to move the camera more to the left when driving with the view of your hood, dead center seems strange for that view.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta
8. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 14:34 DangerDog

Oh Crytek you're so silly, you think your game is Call of Duty with a nano suit.

News Comments > GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots
9. Re: GRiD 2 Trailer and Screenshots Jan 28, 2013, 14:08 DangerDog

actually using a wheel controller instead of a gamepad, I'm impressed.  

News Comments > Sunday Previews
1. Re: Sunday Previews Jan 27, 2013, 16:55 DangerDog

Don't trust any review/preview that shows the game all zoomed in, only PC Gamer has had the guts to show off just how small the cities actually are.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Q&A
4. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Q&A Jan 27, 2013, 16:36 DangerDog

65 just doesn't work for PC when you're sitting closer to the screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blZUao2jTGA

that video explains it all in detail

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Q&A
2. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Q&A Jan 27, 2013, 16:19 DangerDog

Q: What are your plans for widescreen in BioShock Infinite?

Chris Kline: Weíve done a lot of work for BioShock Infinite to support a wide range of display setups and resolutions, so Iím confident youíll have a great full-screen play experience when it is released.

more 65 degree FOV I'm guessing, someone will probably release a tool to set it higher but why can't they just add this to games ported to the PC.

News Comments > New Wildman Video; Tiers
1. Re: New Wildman Video; Tiers Jan 27, 2013, 16:15 DangerDog

This one isn't going to make it  

News Comments > SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode
32. Re: SimCity: Details on Player Region Limits and Color-Blindness Mode Jan 25, 2013, 19:37 DangerDog

after looking at that preview on PC Gamer I'm not interested in this even if it were free.

how did they go from Sim City to Sim Smallville?

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 25, 2013, 15:41 DangerDog

Ashton Kutcher as Ashton Kutcher.

Noah Wyle did a convincing Steve Jobs in Pirates of Silicon Valley

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 25, 2013, 15:38 DangerDog

I'm just not seeing the Ouya as a replacement or supplement for casual gaming on a tablet.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer
37. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 20:17 DangerDog

Phasenoise wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 19:40:
Seems like a rehash bereft of creativity though. Honestly, a tough hispanic female soldier, who saw that coming. Oh, and the shuttle pilot is a white woman. Wonder if she'll at any time be in the pipe, five by five.
Good thing there's a cargo loader, that's not been done.

They said in an interview that you wouldn't get to use the cargo loader, maybe they changed their mind because it looks like you do towards the end of the trailer.

Anyone play the c64 Aliens game? I thought it was pretty good, made by David Crane of Atari 2600 Pitfall fame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cVF2gE3x2g

News Comments > THQ Breakup Details Confirmed
26. Re: THQ Breakup Details Confirmed Jan 24, 2013, 15:43 DangerDog

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 15:38:
Sega getting Relic is awesome, looking at Total War. I hope they buy the Homeworld IP when the legacy IPs go on sale.

Except for the often heard comments about Sega having financial troubles themselves. I guess they're not that broke if they can fork over $26.6 million.

18. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:32 DangerDog

Darks wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 15:12:
It is not that Iím defending the game; Iím just getting tired of all the negativity when it comes to pc games in general here at Blues. Itís becoming a routine here listening to whinny assed people bitch about pc games in general when there are not a whole lot of them to go around as it is.

Iíd like to see a pool done to show who all here owns a console versus those of us who do not. In the end, those who own a console are to blame for where pc gaming has gone in general and why we have dumbed down console port.

Ill defend any good pc game, not just this one. I really like the alienís universe in general, and this is the FIRST Aliens game we have gotten that has full on 4 players Coop. and when I hear all the bitching about this game it really pisses me off to no end.

In fact itís getting a little sickening reading it all the time by the same people doing the bitchin. I have faith in Gearbox, itís not like they donít know how to make games or how to make a good coop game. I think borderlands 1 and 2 speak for itself on how good they are in general as a developer.

You can't assume just because Borderlands 2 had mostly decent PC support that this one will, despite the fact that Gearbox made this game too.

I'm still waiting on confirmation for PC features like FOV adjustment, mouseable interface, ability to tweak graphic settings.

I haven't followed every 'tweet' about this game so maybe they've already put this info out but I haven't seen a formal press release like they did for Borderlands 2. I don't want to go hunting through .ini files to make adjustments.

There's also some other unknowns like the decision to go 3rd person when playing an Alien in some multiplayer game modes, can you jump, can you crouch? How dumbed down will the gameplay be?

16. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 15:19 DangerDog

That trailer just took a massive dump on this game

laughably bad voice acting
ugly graphics, but brovo for showing actual crap console graphics and not pre-rendered super anti-aliased graphics.
dub step
inception truck horn

appears as though they're going with the 'evil bishop' story for how that egg ended up on the sulaco. they really seemed to have bungled the textures on the character faces, I know they have dynamic lighting - or suppose to have but the skin textures seem to be too bright.

it still could be a fun game but only the reviews will showcase that.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto IV Event Friday
6. Re: Grand Theft Auto IV Event Friday Jan 23, 2013, 15:10 DangerDog

Removed that horrible Games for Windows Live from my copy of GTAIV and it performs so much better.

News Comments > Stick of Truth Sticking Point in THQ Sale
6. Re: Stick of Truth Sticking Point in THQ Sale Jan 22, 2013, 16:51 DangerDog

Company of Heroes 2 is still due for release in March? Will Relic throw in the towel shortly after? Doesn't look good for a multiplayer centric game.  

News Comments > Firefall Public Beta This Weekend
7. Re: Firefall Public Beta This Weekend Jan 22, 2013, 16:47 DangerDog

What's really disappointing is these devs are responsible for my favorite FPS game of all time Starsiege Tribes, the first and only "true" Tribes game.

this is just plain garbage by comparison.

3951 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo