Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3949 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer
15. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 16, 2013, 15:10 DangerDog

Jivaro wrote on Feb 16, 2013, 14:40:
I think people nit pick too much. I'll leave it at that. I think this is just meant to market the license and have some fun. It definitely isn't aimed at diehard fans of the original series.

Have diehard Star Trek fans accepted the reboot on a whole? I found it to be atrocious, the recasting of most of the characters was decent enough but everything else felt so opposite of what Star Trek should be. Just look at that freeze frame from this video clip, pretty movie accurate. How did something that god awful ever get approved.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer
14. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Trailer Feb 16, 2013, 14:59 DangerDog

They've masterfully captured the blinding lens flare effect from the movies.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Preorders Soar
9. Re: Crysis 3 Preorders Soar Feb 16, 2013, 00:13 DangerDog

This looks like a good candidate for those "lets play" youtube videos, the repetition of shooting generic aliens and soldiers might induce sleepiness, or coma.

still, very nice looking tech demo they've made.

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Trailer
14. Re: BioShock Infinite Trailer Feb 15, 2013, 19:07 DangerDog

what? System Shock 2 was the best game he has made.

I'm not too keen on this one though, I bought into the dark underwater atmosphere of Bioshock but the setting for this game just seems really off for some reason.

News Comments > etc.
14. Re: etc. Feb 15, 2013, 14:54 DangerDog

The problems with this game run much deeper than any lighting or texture improvement can overcome.

The first few levels makes you wonder why everyone is being so super critical of the game but after you get to the back end of the game you can see that they really dropped the ball.

The game itself plays like a highly polished mod, for a triple A title it feels like they needed at least two or three more passes to polish everything, add in some scripted events like they showed in the demo where marines are pulled into vents and killed, improve the AI of the Aliens and replace the apparent placeholder objects they put in the game to fill in dead space.

You could make a drinking game for every time you come across a cup with pencils and scissors in it or a generic craftsman toolbox and be shitface drunk half way through the game. With many of these objects floating above tables.

I still can't get over the six years of development and how far off the final game is from that early E3 demo.

News Comments > Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition
1. Re: Tribes Ascend Game of the Year Edition Feb 14, 2013, 20:13 DangerDog

Still can't believe how badly they ruined the skiing and player movement from the original starsige tribes.

another once great gaming franchise cast against the rocky shores with unmitigated incompetence.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched
75. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 22:01 DangerDog

bigspender wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 18:18:
Anyone else think this is the 80s Atari ET of 2013? This might even cause a video game crash haha

There most certainly will be a landfill full of unsold copies of this game from consoles.

74. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 21:58 DangerDog

MattyC wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 17:52:
netnerd85 wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 17:38:
nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 16:23:
Honestly, after seeing the difference in quality between the "demo" and the "final" I will never order a gearbox product until there's a clear consensus on what the final game looks like.

that is extremely shocking, absolutely disgusting.

Does it ever show anything 'shocking'? I moved on after they talked about minor lighting changes for 2 minutes. I thought the well lit glass tunnel looked better than the one from the demo anyway.

From reviews I have seen there doesn't seem to be any reason to get the game either way.

this video breaks it down a little bit more.

http://www.destructoid.com/jimquisition-a-lie-ns-colonial-marines-244882.phtml

granted this is all from the E3 Demo but this same footage was used in advertising and labeled as "100% in game footage".

bait and switch, simple as that.

55. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 17:55 DangerDog

Tumbler wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 17:43:
nin wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 16:23:
Honestly, after seeing the difference in quality between the "demo" and the "final" I will never order a gearbox product until there's a clear consensus on what the final game looks like.

Well that is pretty amazing. I don't remember watching any of that, no wonder people are upset.

That's the one thing Randy and Co. have going for them, people have short memory, if it weren't for the instant recall of youtube almost nobody would be calling them out on it. Yeah, myself included.

45. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched Feb 13, 2013, 16:19 DangerDog

You can feel the rage swell if you go back and watch videos of Randy "pitchman" Pitchford showing off the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiemSUKczA&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZuUQy_T2I4&NR=1&feature=endscreen

and of course you have exhibit A:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWwyDrcywyE

I'm no lawyer but if you put "actual gameplay footage" in your advertisement isn't it fair to say that this could be considered bait and switch?

Even though it says "demo" in this image, the "demo" scene is what they've purported as actual in game footage.

http://i.imgur.com/kAyIhMi.jpg

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
136. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 13, 2013, 04:14 DangerDog

Seems people are having a really good time hating on the game, there's lot to hate on.

I'm still enjoying it mostly for the atmosphere - so many throwback moments from the movie, I love the music (which is spot on to Aliens), sound effects and even the gameplay *gasp*. I must be lucky because playing on hardened the aliens attack me from behind if I get past them, haven't experienced any major glitches with the AI. If they had perfect aim and killed everything on the screen then there would be complaints that the game just plays itself.

Despite the story being full of "check your brain at the door" moments It's giving me a chance to revisit LV-426, kick some alien ass, get face raped by facehuggers. The "bro talk" isn't too bad, voice acting is fine - not anything like those lame trailers they made. I have to give gearbox props for the lighting tweaks they made to the unreal engine, some of the scenes are really eerie with flickering light and the shadows.

Is this the game I was hoping it would be, of course not. Is it what I more or less expected it would be from watching most of the trailers, pretty much.

In terms of "Alien" games I like it better than AVP2010 and feel it's on parity with AVP2, I could never get into AVP99 as it just felt like just a jumbled mess of levels too loosely strung together.

Video games are serious business though, especially when it comes to Alien franchise. As James Cameron put it regarding the Alien and Terminator franchises "the soup has been pissed in too many times", he won't go anywhere near them again and after this game I doubt we'll see a game from this franchise for a long, long time - I imagine SEGA will pull the plug on that "dead space" type Alien console game that creative assembly is rumored to be working on.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
135. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 13, 2013, 03:49 DangerDog

MrGrosser wrote on Feb 13, 2013, 01:28:
As someone who came procured this game illegally I can say, I want my money back.
I gave it a good shot, but within the first 3 minutes of play, I had a screenshot of a medic giving CPR to a fallen marines face, little to high for the heart buddy. Whenever I would shoot at the aliens it felt like they all have about 8 animations and 5 different hit locations. Green acid here, here, here, head explode, dead. The pulse rifle didn't even feel fun. You just kind of point in the general direction of a bug wait for the head to explode and move to next bug. No hit tables for headshots or anything. (Not entirely true, if you run up to the things face and pull the trigger the head generally explodes in one shot) As it turns out, one of the first goals is find Hicks "Legendary" shotgun. I just so happen to find it! BUT it replaces my pulse rifle. I now have handgun, starter shotgun and hicks shotgun. I come to a next area and shotgun spray just isn't cutting it. I spend about 10minutes digging through the menu trying to figure how/if possible to equip my pulse rifle instead since I need some range. No luck. Continue to play, get to a section of face huggers and when I'm engaged with a boring scripted "Slam this button as fast as possible to get it off your face" event my AI NPC that I am going through the game with is firing at the bug, through my head the entire time. I have one block of health when I finally get this thing off my face and I then killed by the acid spurt when he shoots on the ground. That was enough of that game.

Screenshot of face cpr - Not a spoiler FACE CPR
tl;dr Save your money. Please, I beg all of you.
*edited for link to screenshot

You just bring up the equip/inventory menu and you can choose your primary and secondary weapon. If you want to roll with two shotguns you can do that.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
3. Re: Evening Q&As Feb 11, 2013, 22:21 DangerDog

Too many cooks in the kitchen...  

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Issue
11. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Issue Feb 11, 2013, 19:08 DangerDog

Games for Windows LIVE tech support.

Is your computer plugged in?

News Comments > Wildman Kickstarter Cancelled
7. Re: Wildman Kickstarter Cancelled Feb 11, 2013, 18:35 DangerDog

There have been a lot of kickstarter projects that should have made funding but didn't.

at least they didn't take the game to market only to discover not enough people wanted it.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
16. Re: Sunday Q&As Feb 11, 2013, 00:34 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 19:54:
If the kickstarter would have been Supreme Commander 3 I would have supported them. Wildman reminded me to Demigod, but most importantly it did not do anything for me. It did not look like a game I want to play.

Someone said that he sold Supreme Commander rights awhile back. PA fills that void and then some, even under a different name I'm not sure it would have caught on.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
11. Re: Sunday Q&As Feb 10, 2013, 18:07 DangerDog

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 17:00:
Wallshadows wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 16:06:
Maybe I'm just not thinking hard enough but everything I remember coming from GPG and Chris Taylor were over-hyped/under-delivered games such as the Dungeon Siege series.

He must have done something important pre-DS...
It's called Total Annihilation.

And Supreme Commander.

Seems like most of the brains behind both TA ans SC are now doing their own kickstarter Planetary Annihilation, which unsurprisingly met funding and blew past it.

Chris is going to have to shutdown GPG and rebuild his mini game making empire.

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Podcast & Diary
4. Re: Rise of the Triad Podcast & Diary Feb 10, 2013, 18:03 DangerDog

This is suppose to be on Steam for $14.95

I'd pick it up for that price.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?
13. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 19:46 DangerDog

Put an updated Enemy Territory multiplayer portion in the box and it would be an instant day one purchase.  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Trailer
18. Re: Wasteland 2 Trailer Feb 9, 2013, 19:35 DangerDog

Flatline wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 16:20:
You don't need to do that for Star Citizen. They make sure they email you every 17 hours to let you know that they're still working on it. It actually is getting to be annoying.

I don't mind it, I filter it so when I have time I check out what's new.

unity engine looks like a good fit for this game, sort of photo realistic but no need to be ultra-shiny.

3949 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo