Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4271 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 5, 2013, 15:27 DangerDog

The only way you can bring Windows 8 to the masses is pre-install StartIsBack onto every system. Nobody on a desktop PC wants to use "Metro" apps, unless of course you're a moron like the guy who wrote that article - not having a "Metro" version of office is only a dumb move for the tablets that MS is trying to push, especially the RT one.

It's just too jarring of a user experience to go from a desktop app to a "Metro" one with no clear indications of how to get back to the desktop.

8.1 brings a start button back but that just takes you to the "Metro" start screen, Microsoft is just too desperate to kill the desktop and herd people over to their walled garden of an app store.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 4, 2013, 23:01 DangerDog

That Nvidia romance with Linux sure didn't last long.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Opens
23. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Opens Oct 4, 2013, 14:19 DangerDog

to see your fps in game you can either enter this command in the console (press ~) or create a user.cfg text file in your Battlefield 4 beta folder.

perfoverlay.drawfps 1

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/this-is-the-bf4-beta/

The beta version of the game is actually older than the version we are currently working on at the DICE office, since the beta had to be submitted for testing and certification before it can go live.

older, most likely not optimized but functional version. I wouldn't expect any patches to roll out.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2013, 14:32.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 4, 2013, 00:02 DangerDog

I think it took the internet all of .0000000001 ms to come up with that nickname.

Now they'll play it like it's cool to call it 'Xbone'

Windows 8 = Windows Hate, Surface RT = Surface ReTarded or Retard Tablet / Retarded edition of Windows.

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 3, 2013, 23:52 DangerDog

“In other words, EA is going to nickel and dime your ass with gold battlepacks for the same shit” Thats what it is, folks. Its like 80 000 points for a “bronze” pack, What do you think you get with cash for a gold pack? Fifa has f’d the whole system up with Ultimate Team and peoples obsession with its monetization.
EA is going to be printing money with suckers with this.

It has micro-transaction written all over it, very few paid for the fast track unlock packs that EA sold for BF3 I'm guessing.

The loadout menu is pretty shitty as well, so many sub menus and no fast fav slots either.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Squads Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Squads Trailer Oct 3, 2013, 22:31 DangerDog

Not quite the squads I was expecting, offline against bots does solve the big problem with these multiplayer shooters.

rampant cheating.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Specs Lower Than Alleged
5. Re: Watch Dogs Specs Lower Than Alleged Oct 3, 2013, 18:28 DangerDog

Okay, looks like uplay now accepts keys from other places and lets you download using uplay. I had a copy of Driver San Fransico and it accepted the key, last time I tried it rejected it telling me in so many terms to download it from where I bought it from.

I still don't think Ubisoft is up to the task of delivering 30 gig games even with a preload option without melting their servers.

4. Re: Watch Dogs Specs Lower Than Alleged Oct 3, 2013, 17:59 DangerDog

Maybe they changed it, when I bought Far Cry 3 from Gamefly I had to use their download program.

does "activating" game also give you access to their download system?

This comment was edited on Oct 3, 2013, 18:06.

1. Re: Watch Dogs Specs Lower Than Alleged Oct 3, 2013, 16:55 DangerDog

Cool looking game but I'll wait for reviews before purchase, it's uplay which means that if you buy it from somewhere other than Steam (not listed yet) you won't get a Steam key to install it... using Steam.

20 gig game using 3rd party downloader, or *gag* buy a physical disc copy and most likely be tied to disc based protection + uplay.

Ubisoft doesn't let you use their content delivery system if you buy it from places other than them. If you buy it from Gamefly you don't just plug a key into uplay and download - it doesn't even have an option to enter keys. uplay is worse than Origin when it comes to functionality.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue?
11. Re: Battlefield 4 AMD Driver Issue? Oct 2, 2013, 03:17 DangerDog

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 01:43:
BF4 is just fucked now anyway. Tons of people can't even join servers. Origin locks up, BF doesn't start, lots of fun! Oh, and GTA V online doesn't work for me either! Fuck, it's been such a fun day!

I was just hanging at "loading" with a black screen and I could hear stuff going on in the match including voip, if I alt+tab out and then alt+tab in it'll connect proper.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 30, 2013, 15:56 DangerDog

Neither side of the two party system is going to campaign against the elimination of the NSA, it's reach will expand regardless of who is chosen to be the hood ornament sitting in the white house.  

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 28, 2013, 14:56 DangerDog

Either agents working directly for the Iranian government or an outside group with Iran's approval allegedly carried out the attacks.

How do they know it was Iran, did Iran send out a tweet or update their facebook page? "HA HA we so hacked u guys!"

I find it hard to believe any hacking was going on, why wouldn't this information be classified as secret in the first place?

News Comments > Steam Controller Announced
36. Re: Steam Controller Announced Sep 28, 2013, 00:57 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Sep 28, 2013, 00:08:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 21:16:
How would you use the touchpad while using an Oculus?

Yeah, the touchpad might be a trick, but not the rest of it. But even looking at the Portal 2 layout, it looks like the position of the buttons on the touchpad would be clickable by feel.

I guess it could give you audio ques for which button quadrant you're on, it looks like it'll have 4 squares to program.

or you could just do something like this

http://imgur.com/YU2po57,hPFQrKn,6PkYRH8,2fm2NCZ#0

9. Re: Into the Black Sep 27, 2013, 21:41 DangerDog

NegaDeath wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 21:18:
I'm going to have to try this hands on to be sure but right now it sounds terrible. I doubt even Valve can turn a mouse and keyboard into a controller and not make it weird. It'll be interesting to see the first user impressions.

They'll hand it off to people who strictly play on consoles and film them praising how awesome it is.

Are there really that many PC Gamers using "Big Picture" and playing their games on the living room TV or is this really just Valve pushing an end game agenda to cut ties with Windows?

6. Re: Steam Controller Announced Sep 27, 2013, 21:16 DangerDog

How would you use the touchpad while using an Oculus?

It's a gamepad, still doesn't replace mouse and keyboard but at least it isn't as bad as that Novint Falcon thing Valve seemed to be hyping a few years back.

remember this mess?

http://www.novint.com/

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse Released for PCs
6. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Apocalypse Released for PCs Sep 27, 2013, 16:18 DangerDog

Dacron wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 14:26:
$15 for 2 new maps, 2 old maps, and a zombie map?

I must have had several thousand dollars worth of Duke3d maps, up your game EA!

Hi, would you sign my petition to get EA to stop releasing DLC maps for Call of Duty games?

News Comments > X Rebirth Trading Trailer
37. Re: X Rebirth Trading Trailer Sep 27, 2013, 03:55 DangerDog

MajorD wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 17:00:
So, being totally new to this franchise, I have questions. Can you fly to and land on the near by planets seen in the video, or is it strictly flying around in space to different stations? May be a dumb question, but IDFK.

Nope, you can walk around on the stations as shown in the video - which is new to the series, but no landing on planets.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
13. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 26, 2013, 23:54 DangerDog

Taskeen wrote on Sep 26, 2013, 23:07:
Space Sims are back Baby. X3 and Star Citizen, fuck yeah.

Elite Dangerous

Limit Theory looks interesting, made by one guy so it might be a long time coming.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed
1. Re: Batman: Arkham Origins Season Pass Detailed Sep 26, 2013, 21:13 DangerDog

Joker is at work again, double news post.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 26, 2013, 01:26 DangerDog

And yet they didn't announce pricing for the R9 290  

4271 Comments. 214 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo