Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 5026 (Guru)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Teaser Video
6. Re: Mirror's Edge Teaser Video Aug 5, 2015, 01:39 DangerDog

Capitan wrote on Aug 5, 2015, 00:43:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 17:14:
They announced that you won't be able to use guns anymore, I hate games where you see guns everywhere but can't pick one up. I think they did a good job balancing out the shooter aspects with the physical fighting in the first one, besides it breaks up the monotony a little bit.

They'll probably replace the gun fights with a bunch of lame quicktime take down moves.
You shall run around and jump, not shoot people. The enemy that shows up now and then is supposed to be an obstacle that makes it difficult for you to reach your goal

You forget something: This isnt any FPS but a parkour game!
You shall run around and jump, not shoot people... The enemy that shows up, now and then, is supposed to be an obstacle that makes it more difficult for you to reach your goal.

It still should be up to the player if they want to pick up a gun and use it, they artificially gimped the gunplay in the first one and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline: Robbery Announced
7. Re: Battlefield Hardline: Robbery Announced Aug 5, 2015, 01:35 DangerDog

ViRGE wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 19:22:
No snark intended here, but is anyone actually playing Hardline these days?

It's not a bad game but the maps are rather bland, depending on the time of day you look there are just a handful of active servers. I think they should add some sort of bots to multiplayer mode but the answer seems to be to focus on adding game modes that require fewer people.

News Comments > Mad Max Trailer
18. Re: Mad Max Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 17:29 DangerDog

Reskinned Shadow of Mordor now with more cars and explosions?

alright then.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Trailer
8. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Trailer Aug 4, 2015, 17:16 DangerDog

This is going to be another lame linear FPS game, Call of Duty: Korean Town edition.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Teaser Video
4. Re: Mirror's Edge Teaser Video Aug 4, 2015, 17:14 DangerDog

They announced that you won't be able to use guns anymore, I hate games where you see guns everywhere but can't pick one up. I think they did a good job balancing out the shooter aspects with the physical fighting in the first one, besides it breaks up the monotony a little bit.

They'll probably replace the gun fights with a bunch of lame quicktime take down moves.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser Aug 4, 2015, 03:37 DangerDog

Wildone wrote on Aug 4, 2015, 00:47:
Looks shit. NO SPACE BATTLES?! Looks like they're deliberately avoiding that. Ya know, Star Wars takes place among the stars. I guess the dream of fighting inbteween capital ships is still a dream, bcus consoles.

They have to hold back on stuff otherwise how will they get people to buy the season pass.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser
1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Fighter Squadron Teaser Aug 3, 2015, 18:39 DangerDog

Press B to do a barrel roll  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
17. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 2, 2015, 22:50 DangerDog

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 22:03:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 15:55:
It's funny how people are willing to give up their privacy just so they can talk into a microphone and ask stupid questions like what's the weather. At the very least if you're going to be willing to be data mined then you should get something out of it.

Now all those people complaining about privacy concerns raise your hands since you likely use a iphone and it does the same thing.

I don't know about other people but I use my computer very differently than a smartphone, and as a general rule I would never access any personal security sensitive material with my phone such as online banking.

Of course it's all about dumbing down the masses, if you can just speak and search it's a lot easier than learning how to type on a keyboard. The MS store will become popular with the masses for the same reason, convenience and ease of access.

12. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 2, 2015, 16:05 DangerDog

Saboth wrote on Aug 2, 2015, 15:59:
Think I'm just going to wait a few months to install. There aren't any games that need DX 12 yet, and I'm happy with Windows 7. I also want to get another SSD just to install Windows 10 to, because my old SSD is almost full (hopefully you can pick your install disk). I'm hoping MS will backpedal on all of this spyware and social media crap and disable it from the start, like they backpedaled on all of the bad stuff on Xbox One.

I feel like the reason this OS is free is they are going to try to market the hell out of your personal info and advertise to you or something. I'd rather just pay $100 and get all of that crap.

Anyone know what happens when you need to upgrade your PC or do a fresh install? In the past, you'd just pop in your Windows disk and install from scratch.

You can transfer your current install to the new SSD, lots of free programs to do this. Just one as an example.

http://www.backup-utility.com/downloads.html

They won't go back on the advertising model of income generation, that's here to stay.

You need to update your current OS install to windows 10, upon doing that your system is logged with a unique ID based on your hardware that it's licensed for Windows 10. Once you've done that you're free to do clean installs on your system, you just "skip" the step where it asks for a registration key.

10. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 2, 2015, 15:55 DangerDog

guide on disabling data logging in win10

detailed guide on tweaking the privacy level for 10, I imagine they'll turn some of this stuff back on secretly with updates.

It's funny how people are willing to give up their privacy just so they can talk into a microphone and ask stupid questions like what's the weather. At the very least if you're going to be willing to be data mined then you should get something out of it.

https://www.bing.com/explore/rewards

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2015, 16:01.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Jul 31, 2015, 22:39 DangerDog

meh, not quite. would be funny if they did though, and make the character super annoying.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 31, 2015, 04:11 DangerDog

According to Wikipedia it's just an un-bundling of media player for the EU (Pro and Home editions)

Interesting that the Enterprise N edition doesn't have the MS Store though.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2015, 22:14 DangerDog

I looked up the N version and is the only thing not preinstalled is mediaplayer?

what other app crapware does it not install?

News Comments > Arma 3 Video Diary
2. Re: Arma 3 Video Diary Jul 30, 2015, 21:30 DangerDog

The lack of fluid player movement and the obscurification of the UI holds the ARMA franchise back and delegates it to only a niche market.

I'm not saying they need to make it like Call of Duty or Battlefield but they need to rework things like vaulting, jumping (lack there of) and climbing or mounting objects. They need to rework the UI into something so you can play the game using a more FPS friendly configuration and key-binding.

I know you can implement a lot of the command structure into voice macros using 3rd party software but I think you could still have that and have a more user friendly command ring, that's one thing - if not the only thing codemasters got right on the games they made revisiting Operation Flashpoint.

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed
6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Team Deathmatch Revealed Jul 30, 2015, 20:34 DangerDog

Task wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 18:04:
I wonder if other parameters can be altered such as the timer, total # of players, or kill count as a server host, like the good 'ol days of dedicated server gamin'. 10 Minutes is not enough for an epic battle unless its supposed to be exactly like those small modes in BF4. Like if there was a Conquest version, I would immediately switch it to 40-60 minutes, 300-500 kills, maximum players, etc.

All indications are pointing to the game using instanced servers that you'll join through matchmaking.

They've already announced that the game wont use Battlelog and the alpha test didn't have any form of server browser - in game or web based.

You'll also notice no mention of bots for off-line team deathmatch.

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 30, 2015, 17:15 DangerDog

wtf_man wrote on Jul 30, 2015, 15:04:
Just downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise "N" from my work's MSDN account.

WOW! No Crap Apps!!! Only had to disable One Drive, and go through the standard turn off in the settings / privacy area!

That's the way to go!

Does that version work in the US or is it region locked?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
67. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 22:01 DangerDog

The only way to regain your privacy is to not use any connected device. I still object to the idea of MS making money off of selling my search data or collecting data on the programs I use.

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f38ed/guide_how_to_disable_data_logging_in_w10/[/url]

may not eliminate all of their data snooping but it should go pretty far in limiting it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
64. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2015, 21:01 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 15:27:
Creston wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:54:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 10:48:
Can someone actually confirm whether an upgrade from Windows 7 retains that license or not? And what happens when you change HDD's and thus have to do a clean windows 10 install???? Does that mean the license evaporates if you switch hardware?

It's supposed to deactivate the windows 7 license and turn it into a windows 10 license when you upgrade. Then, once you've upgraded your PC, it essentially becomes a windows 10 stand-alone license.

Thanks Guess I will sit on my license for the next 5 years.. no haste to upgrade..

I don't think it's deactivated, the terminology is that the windows 10 "absorbs" your current license in that whatever version of windows you're using (retail or OEM) is reflected upon when you update to 10. If you have OEM then your version of windows 10 will be OEM.

If you want to put 7 or 8 back on then it should continue to work.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jul 29, 2015, 20:35 DangerDog

Stick a fork in that guy, he's done.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 28, 2015, 20:26 DangerDog

Haven't bothered with Windows 10 preview but the Start menu looks like complete crap to me. I'll be installing StartIsBack++ when I decide to upgrade to 10.

I'm surprised they didn't integrate "live tiles" into the desktop background with no way of removing them.

5026 Comments. 252 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo