Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4959 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released
3. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 15:14 DangerDog

424 In-Game right now

surprising since as far as shooters go I would rate this much higher than say Evolve (740 In-Game).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Next Month
1. Re: King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Next Month Jun 30, 2015, 19:17 DangerDog

Great voice cast, not quite sure if it strikes the nostalgia note though.  

News Comments > Minecraft PC Sells > 20M
8. Re: Minecraft PC Sells > 20M Jun 30, 2015, 19:07 DangerDog

When I think of Minecraft I think of hard core military sims.  

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
13. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 19:52 DangerDog

Grin  

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
11. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 19:02 DangerDog

But if it looks anything like that VR battlezone "thing" ... ugh!  

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
16. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 29, 2015, 02:13 DangerDog

Now they can leak the legit screenshots and people will be like "oh not this again!"  

News Comments > Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans
4. Re: Hatred Sequel and DLC Plans Jun 28, 2015, 15:58 DangerDog

Where could they go from here, a rape simulator?  

News Comments > Battlefield 2143 Images?
3. Re: Battlefield 2143 Images? Jun 28, 2015, 15:56 DangerDog

I've heard this game is going to be single player only.  

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Content Plans
13. Re: Killing Floor 2 Content Plans Jun 28, 2015, 05:36 DangerDog

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 15:39:
I can forgive them the lack of customization since they spend so much time and effort intricately detailing and animating every single weapon they release. Maybe they add different attachments later on, but I don't think it's as simple as in other games where you just slap in a slightly different model to reflect the change you've made. Plus being able to put on a scope or something runs counter to the diversity they're building in for each class; there will be a sniper guy with his own long-range weapons, they're just not done yet.

I know they're a reasonably small developer and they've come a long way since their original WWII mod for UT 3 but when you're making a shooter it's all about the guns. If they were making a racing game without the ability to tune your car I doubt it would garner much interest today. I'd rather have the ability to change out scopes and grips than have texture customization. It looks like they've really created a cool slow motion reload animation system with lots of attention to detail. Putting it off on class balance is kind of lame considering it's a PvE game.

News Comments > Killing Floor 2 Content Plans
2. Re: Killing Floor 2 Content Plans Jun 27, 2015, 14:49 DangerDog

I think they could do a better job on the weapon customization, not letting you pick and choose scopes and attachments for your guns and having them locked down to pre-selected options seems regressive in game design.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Signups
19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Signups Jun 26, 2015, 22:11 DangerDog

The lack of a single player campaign is not that much of a negative, you play through it once and then it just sits there taking up a huge chunk of space on your hard drive. The price is a bit high but it'll release right in time for the early Christmas shopping sale-a-thon which will bring the deals with it.  

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Signups Jun 26, 2015, 19:54 DangerDog

From what I've been following of the game it seems pretty accurate but regardless the game is going to print money for EA, even if they make the game only have "one click play" match making and instanced servers people on the PC will begrudgingly buy it.  

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Signups Jun 26, 2015, 17:54 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 16:38:
ASeven wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 16:16:
This image is relevant. DICE has a way to fuck up every game they touch lately.

Hey Slick, where are ya buddy? This is exactly what I'm fucking talking about. Bang for the buck was much better a decade ago when companies weren't designing their games to nickel and dime players into poverty.

It doesn't matter, as soon as they released actually game footage the people who had their pitchforks raised over everything on that list cast them aside and started throwing money at their screen. At least that's the overwhelming reaction I observed on the battlefront sub reddit.

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Alpha Signups Jun 26, 2015, 16:16 DangerDog

Yep, Nope.

They're probably sending invites to youtubbers

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage
17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage Jun 24, 2015, 14:34 DangerDog

maddog wrote on Jun 24, 2015, 13:51:
Any word yet on AI bots for coop or mp modes? I know they showed the defend mode against waves of attackers but nothing yet on if I can add bots to the other various matches.

I think people are going to be disappointed when they find out there are no bots for the main game modes, only for the co-op "missions" like what is shown here and they've already talked down the challenge they'll provide by calling them the equivalent to "extras on a movie set".

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage
16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront 3 PC Footage Jun 24, 2015, 14:32 DangerDog

Look at how much xbox360 and ps3 consoles have been holding everything back visually for years now. The idea of parity design with consoles will suck yet again with the latest versions being so under powered.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2015, 15:37 DangerDog

Wow, that's terrible news about Horner. That quote with him saying that he didn't want to churn out "formula" soundtracks is so telling of how bad movie soundtracks have become. To me it needs to stand out as a character in it's own right to make a mediocre move great.

If the first thought of a movie isn't the distinct soundtrack that accompanies it then you've failed as a composer.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Collector's Edition
2. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Collector's Edition Jun 23, 2015, 14:20 DangerDog

I don't think this game has any chance of having dedicated servers, or at the very least host migration.

Not that you would really want to play this game in a random pup environment anyway.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Co-op Trailer Jun 19, 2015, 21:30 DangerDog

Crysis 4?

I don't know why they bother when all anyone wants to play is 24/7 Nuke Town team deathmatch.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline DLC Monday
1. Re: Battlefield Hardline DLC Monday Jun 19, 2015, 21:17 DangerDog

I hate to say it because I actually like the game but I think on a whole this game has done more damage to the Battlefield brand than good, of course all will be forgotten when Battlefield 5 makes it's way to the masses.

The increase in visual fidelity capable with Frostbite 3 now that they're no longer restricted by supporting last gen consoles is stunning.

4959 Comments. 248 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo