Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4466 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
12. Re: etc., etc. Mar 18, 2014, 20:32 DangerDog

Monsanto should be very high up on the list.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Optimization Tips
27. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 16, 2014, 04:03 DangerDog

I'm on Nvidia and haven't had any texture glitches, I can see how losing games during the "campaign" can be discouraging but it doesn't change the story, it all plays out exactly the same. For the winning team like the IMC you often get an "aww you lost" cinematic.

Player level doesn't mean a whole lot in this game, it's super easy to level up and the generations thing just indicates someone who has no life and wants to grind out "achievements" like they're accomplishing something.

If you're having a hard time unlocking the ever so slight advantage of having an extended mag for your gun just play the last level of the campaign - it's robot city and you can farm enough in a couple of games to unlock anything.

17. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 21:41 DangerDog

Sepharo wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 20:42:
SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 19:53:
If you guys have not seen the "Worth a Buy" review of Titanfall, do yourself a favor and check it out. It is pure gold.

This guy would have hated Quake 3 huh?

Then he says it's really fun and he's enjoying it.

"This game is very shallow..." proceeds to list off 50 or so features.

Also, his "shoot shoot shoot bang" criticism is the MP FPS genre.

Probably, just like Quake 3 there are people trying to look for depth of play in this game and unless you're into it in some uber e-sports type competitive play it feels very shallow.

The atmosphere is cool enough, especially if you're feeling modern combat fatigue. It's not Battlefield 2143 which I would rather be playing but as it is it's a guilty pleasure game but only fun in short sessions.

9. Re: Titanfall Optimization Tips Mar 15, 2014, 18:26 DangerDog

Nighthawk wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 17:45:
Scottyl42 wrote on Mar 15, 2014, 12:57:
Rumor on Twitter is that the sales numbers are disappointing? I'm not sure. I didnt like the beta but I had hoped it sold well.
I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with it being an EA release, maybe gamers are actually starting to speak with their wallets.
As curious as I am about this game, those 2 letters are stopping my purchase.

I can't understand why MS hinged so much on this game with the xbox one, it's not that epic of a game and isn't in the same league as Halo. It's a fun, extremely casual shooter - about a couple weeks worth of entertainment if that.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2014, 03:25 DangerDog

I remember playing it for free for a few days because they screwed up with the authentication servers, the one BF game I didn't buy. Felt too much like 1942 which other than Desert Combat didn't do much for me.  

News Comments > Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled
8. Re: Redesigned Steam Controller Unveiled Mar 14, 2014, 22:15 DangerDog

They should stay with traditional D-pad design, no easy way to do a diagonal push with buttons.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Mar 14, 2014, 21:54 DangerDog

Gee amazon, why not just go all out and make a copy of the xbox controller right down to the colored buttons.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Alpha 3.0 Released Mar 14, 2014, 21:39 DangerDog

Backer of both but I'm liking what Elite Dangerous is showing more so than what Star Citizen has shown so far.  

News Comments > Titanfall PC Connection Issues Fixed
12. Re: Titanfall PC Connection Issues Fixed Mar 13, 2014, 04:55 DangerDog

TheEmissary wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 17:36:
I think I will continue to wait on this game. I have been burned too many times on preorder/launch window titles. Maybe in a month or two once the hype settles down and the launch issues sorted I might get the game.

Maybe when there's a deep discount on the game it'll push player numbers back up but I would be afraid of dwindling population for things like the campaign mode where you need to play it twice to unlock two additional titan models. Maybe it's just networking issues but I've already been in surprisingly low lobby numbers playing the campaign.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 in a Browser
3. Re: Unreal Engine 4 in a Browser Mar 12, 2014, 19:41 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Mar 12, 2014, 18:54:
It's fun to see the little hints of any upcoming game that they put into these demos.

all that effort in making an engine that renders photo-realism and Epic's big project is a toon-shaded defense fort game.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 in a Browser
1. Re: Unreal Engine 4 in a Browser Mar 12, 2014, 18:49 DangerDog

There has to be concessions made, you can't expect someone to sit and wait for even five minutes while content is delivered to the client and not cached or saved for future use, and then you need a way to manage this so it doesn't consume your hard drive on your tiny portable tablet, if you're lucky enough to have a hard drive that is.

News Comments > Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio
31. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 22:08 DangerDog

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 21:58:
Ash wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 21:55:
Maybe it's time you upgraded your bucket with an SSD and then preached, eh?

I run 2x120's in a RAID-0 for my main (modded my BIOS to support TRIM in RAID, what fun!) and I already have ESO and PS2 slated for it so I'm definitely starting to get into a tight area. An online/multi-player game for me must be run off a SSD if I am to compete properly, so space is definitely a concern when I'm choosing what games I devote myself to...

I've read that this doesn't really benefit from SSD, regardless of load times you have to wait on everyone in the lobby to load before the game starts.

13. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 19:58 DangerDog

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 19:47:
That's an insane amount of audio files, and on a game that doesn't even have a single player story? WTF? Does it come with commentary on every single line of code or is it all just padding so they can say look our game is 48GB!!!

While you're playing the "story mode" campaign it's non stop chatting away in the background, but yes it's insane to think that all that data is audio. Not all of the different region audio files are included but there is german, russian, french, italian, and spanish.

So, that could explain a little bit of the bloat.

5. Re: Titanfall 48GB Install is 35GB of Audio Mar 11, 2014, 19:37 DangerDog

plus there's multiple languages, you can change it using -language command, some only change the menu text but -language "german" is my favorite so far. I couldn't get Japanese to work.

spanish, french, german and russian all change the voice, it's kind of cool hearing your titan bark out commands in Russian.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released
48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Titanfall; First Patch Released Mar 11, 2014, 15:30 DangerDog

The install size is beyond stupid, I read that it's mostly due to using uncompressed .flac audio files. I think there's also every countries language in the install for eleven different regions, so that's 11 recordings sitting on your hard drive that you can't prune down to just the one you need.

The audio script plays almost non-stop while you're playing "story mode", after awhile you just sort of phase out on the "blah, blah, blah" chatter. I don't think their idea of substituting a single player campaign with the recycling of 9 multiplayer maps glued together works as a replacement. Then again I find that the attempt at single player gaming is horrible lately, especially for these on-rail shooters. We'll never see the likes of the original Unreal or Dark Forces II ever again.

It's a $40 game all day long, and that should include the extra "season pass" DLC. As a $60 or $80 game plus tax it's a pretty big let down. They have made a fun shooter and the execution seems pretty flawless but there's a nagging feeling that there should be something more that allows you to explore this universe. It's like these sci-fi art books that take a theme and then flesh it out into a believable universe, once you've flipped through it a few dozen times and taken in the little snippets of text and pictures you put it down.

The main uptake in the hypetrain they've created is that it's being released at a perfect time with zero competition. I think it'll be a one month wonder, you consume it's atmosphere like a candy bar and then move on.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2014, 15:35.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015
8. Re: The Witcher 3 Delayed to February 2015 Mar 11, 2014, 14:59 DangerDog

Little more interested in their Cyberpunk game than this but even though I haven't played any "Witcher" games I want to check this out.

By the time 2015 rolls around they might get trumped by Fallout 4 or something.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
52. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 03:09 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 11, 2014, 03:03:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:25:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:22:
No bot match, no sale.

Every match has bots in it. They are basically cannon fodder. If you don't like competing against other players, you could always just farm the bots.

Okay, there are bots, but is there a bot match? Can I set up a coop game with my buddy and play against bots that approximate humans? From what I understand the bots in the game are pretty weak and meant to be farmed.

no, it's 6v6 - the game proceeds to launch if it's 4v5 or whatever and they don't have any mid-match autobalance but the matches are so fast that it's not rage inducing if you lose a game. Win or lose doesn't change the so called "story mode" either, there's no branching decisions or anything like that.

It's not a hard game, it's not slow paced.

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
49. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 03:02 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:34:
can you text chat in the game or only use voice push to talk? that's a deal breaker for me

text chat is in, there's also a pre-match warm up dialog box to talk smack or whatever.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 10, 2014, 03:50 DangerDog

PropheT wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 22:40:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 13:02:
The changes are all focused around mouse and keyboard users, to make certain features more accessible to the mouse.

You really have to wonder why that would be happening now at this point rather than before a release candidate was ever even put out.

Because they probably thought that if you had an older non-touch system that you would want to dump it and buy a new touch friendly system. I know MS (Ballmer) was really pissed at hardware vendors for dragging their heels putting out touch systems.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 9, 2014, 17:25 DangerDog

I assume it's low but it all adds up. I still see tablets as an accessory to having a PC and not a replacement.  

4466 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo