Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4345 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Next Month?
12. Re: Titanfall Beta Next Month? Jan 27, 2014, 15:25 DangerDog

Dagnamit wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 14:53:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 13:58:
Creston wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 11:09:
Wow, a whole FIVE days of Beta?

It's all EA's fault Laugh

I bet they haven't even put in a FOV adjustment for the PC version.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't have a few graphics options, fov included. It's the source engine, after all. I'd guess valve has been very cooperative with the development of this game.

The 360 version is almost guaranteed to be the most stable. That's where they're hoping to make their hay.

Not having a FOV adjustment is a design decision, not a graphic engine one. If they designed all the assets around 65 fov and setting it higher breaks the animations where you can see into parts of the arms or gun animations then it won't be a quick fix to add in a patch. They also have pre-scripted animations for getting into titans and what not, all of which could break if you set the fov to 90. We'll see, I'll wait for an official announcement on PC specific bells and whistles.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Titanfall Beta Next Month?
5. Re: Titanfall Beta Next Month? Jan 27, 2014, 13:58 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 11:09:
Wow, a whole FIVE days of Beta?

It's all EA's fault Laugh

I bet they haven't even put in a FOV adjustment for the PC version.

News Comments > MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson
14. Re: MS Buys Gears of War, Hires Rod Fergusson Jan 27, 2014, 13:56 DangerDog

Wow, that's desperation Microsoft. Gears of War franchise? They can't come up with anything worth while for the xbox one.  

News Comments > SOE Boss: Next Game "Dedicated" to Star Wars Galaxies Fans
11. Re: TimeLines: Assault On America Preorders Jan 26, 2014, 16:34 DangerDog

Klaus Flouride wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 12:20:
Another failure in the making. When are they going to learn that ANY game in that universe is cursed to failure?

"completely new IP"

It would be pretty easy to make a sci-fi universe that's sort of like Star Wars - all the tech is used and beat up with pew pew laser pistols instead of bullets. Hopefully they leave the mystical "jedi" like powers and light swords out of it.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jan 25, 2014, 14:54 DangerDog

I'm waiting for the pseudo beta/demo, they're going to have one on the PC.

The graphics look pretty good, considering it's using Source engine. I wish it had some destruction, even micro-destruction like breaking glass and signs popping off of building but it's all very much locked down at this point. If it's nothing but call of duty with the "titan" perk I might wait till it's on heavy discount. If they pull the all too familiar "season pass" $110 for complete game nonsense then I'll probably pass on it altogether.

News Comments > PlanetSide 1 F2P Transition Continues
4. Re: PlanetSide 1 F2P Transition Continues Jan 25, 2014, 14:45 DangerDog

Planetside 1 hasn't aged gracefully it's one of those games where your mind plays tricks on you and your imagination filled in the lack of details, I still think it had better gameplay then Planetside 2.

Bigger isn't better in this case and I thought the base designs were crap in PS2.

News Comments > Arma III Campaign Episode 2 Released
3. Re: Arma III Campaign Episode 2 Released Jan 21, 2014, 13:45 DangerDog

What of this multiplayer tease announcement? I guess we have a little longer to wait for that one.

[url=http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/01/16/arma-3-teases-multiplayer-reveal-dream-a-little-bigger/]

I wish they would release smaller themed maps with new assets rather than just having the big island(s).

News Comments > Michael Abrash's VR Talk Slides
2. Re: Michael Abrash's VR Talk Slides Jan 19, 2014, 14:04 DangerDog

All that while trying to keep the price down too.

This is going to be a niche product for the ultra hardcore users for quite a long time from the sounds of it. The experience might be immersive but I'll probably stick to using 1440p or higher res display with head tracking for games that support it.

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 TM Lapses
12. Re: Star Wars 1313 TM Lapses Jan 18, 2014, 03:45 DangerDog

Disney has a horrible track record for making games, probably too many high ups micro-managing everything.  

News Comments > Rambo the Video Game Trailer
7. Re: Rambo the Video Game Trailer Jan 17, 2014, 19:38 DangerDog

This looks like one of those fake shooter mockups they use in movies when they want to show someone playing a shooter on the TV without using anything recognizable.  

8. Re: Star Wars 1313 TM Lapses Jan 17, 2014, 16:26 DangerDog

This wasn't going to be anything like Jedi Knight/Dark Forces, I think I read somewhere the devs coined it "Gears of Star Wars".  

3. Re: Star Wars 1313 TM Lapses Jan 17, 2014, 14:35 DangerDog

Fett movie confirmed, they'll most likely have a game tie-in for it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1083877/boba-fett-movie-star-wars-spinoff/

I still think their E3 presentation was just a PC rendered demo tweaked to the max for eye candy, much like Gearbox did for their Aliens game.

News Comments > Valve Not Making Retail VR Headsets
6. Re: Valve Not Making Retail VR Headsets Jan 17, 2014, 13:38 DangerDog

I wish they were more focused on VR than the Steambox, must be a huge sigh of relief for Oculus Rift guys.  

News Comments > Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out
21. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 17, 2014, 01:36 DangerDog

Frags4Fun wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 22:55:
I'm guessing that this game will be like Farcry 3 multiplayer where there aren't any dedicated servers and that is the reason for the low player count. Farcry 3 multiplayer was laggy as heck and the maps were very small. Very disappointing especially for people who played the original fc mp. I'm just guessing since I donít know much about this game other than the lackluster videos I've seen with cramped little maps.

Nope, it'll have instanced servers hosted on Microsoft "cloud".

13. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 16, 2014, 16:13 DangerDog

Beamer wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 15:16:
Scottyl42 wrote on Jan 16, 2014, 15:11:
6V6 lolololo No thanks....what is this? 1996

What team based FPS were you playing in 1996?

Still don't get why people keep making comments like this. Are games inherently better with more people?

I don't think anyone was expecting hundreds of players in a server but it looked initially like it would be 32 player at least, 12 does come as a bit of a shock. Playing with and against bots is barely acceptable in most single player games, even then it's usually a frustrating experience with your "AI" buddies getting in the way.

5. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 16, 2014, 13:41 DangerDog

I'm sort of surprised they're even doing a PC release for this, just about everything I've read for it seems like a step back from what people were expecting. After playing games like 64 player BF2142 I can't get excited about 6v6 fluffed out with "AI team mates", no destruction and small maps.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 15:46 DangerDog

InBlack wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:00:
I for one cant see the new Star Wars films as turning out as anything other than pure shit. Even if Lindeloff doesnt get withing 20 miles of the script we are missing the one important player who is simply the pivotal turning point of the first three films, erm the first six films that is. Without Darth Vader, Star Wars loses like 90% of its charm.

Not just Darth Vader, the Empire and everything with it. I think they'll try too hard to play service to the original trilogy with poorly done "where are they now" placements of the way too old actors. Nobody wants to see old Han or *gasp* Leia.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jan 9, 2014, 14:55 DangerDog

They need to make a controller that can somehow integrate into having a VR headset on, like being able to track it's location in physical space and then for those touchscreen buttons have them appear in game so you can still see where you need to press to activate them without needing to take off the headset.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Video Diary
4. Re: Alien: Isolation Video Diary Jan 8, 2014, 18:38 DangerDog

I dig the late 70's retro sci-fi look. Prometheus should have done this.  

News Comments > AMD: Battlefield 4 "Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
42. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 8, 2014, 16:21 DangerDog

ldonyo wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 12:31:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 12:23:
Can't get excited about anything from AMD atm, the company is not doing well. I buy strictly Nvidia for that reason.
You mean not doing well aside from returning to profitability and providing the chips for both the PS4 and Xbox One? I'll take that kind of not doing well every time.

It's going to take AMD a long time to even break even on PS4 and Xbone chip sales. They completely botched the release of their Hawaii GPU's, releasing the 290/290x with reference cooler designs was beyond stupid and something they should have learned from past experience to be avoided at all cost. Too hot, too loud and reports of not performing to spec cost them sales.

The best part of AMD releasing a new part was it drove down the price of Nvidia cards.

4345 Comments. 218 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo