Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4217 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
7. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 27, 2013, 15:31 DangerDog

Gamefly is also doing a huge sale, as is amazon etc but there are sometimes better deals to be had and most games activate on Steam anyway.

Gamefly list

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million
50. Re: Star Citizen Picks Up Another Couple $ Million Nov 26, 2013, 15:33 DangerDog

They're really good at making money, but can they make a game?  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
5. Re: Evening Interviews Nov 26, 2013, 02:31 DangerDog

Despite his failings at running companies and seemingly having an ego large enough to have it's own zip code I still give him credit for the early games he worked on.

Masters of Doom: How Two Guys Created an Empire and Transformed Pop Culture

it's an interesting book if you haven't read it.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
7. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 24, 2013, 20:45 DangerDog

It's really hard to nail down which companies provide decent after sales / warranty support.

mention a brand and there's probably at least a half dozen horror stories on the web, it really makes selecting parts for a system build a headache inducing task.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Nov 24, 2013, 15:51 DangerDog

I rooted for the underdog by pre-ordering it (RO:2) but I just couldn't get into it, I should probably give it another chance.  

2. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 24, 2013, 15:46 DangerDog

Most people bought their one box from amazon or retail, I'd switch it out for a new one or return it before sending it in for warranty repairs.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
63. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 14:45 DangerDog

Knowing it's coming never seems to lessen the blow.

sorry for your loss.

News Comments > John Carmack Leaves id Software
34. Re: John Carmack Leaves id Software Nov 22, 2013, 23:17 DangerDog

If the reports that the rift has issues with how long you can wear it before getting a headache or really messing your vision up are true then they need all the help they can get to figure out these technical hurdles.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 21, 2013, 03:06 DangerDog

Redmask wrote on Nov 20, 2013, 22:44:
The Xbox One livestreams were not favorable at all. Kinect fails so often that it's ridiculous, the people from Polygon and Verge both get visibly annoyed and upset with it. They say the OS is clunky to use with a controller, they focused too much on Kinect which has major problems recognizing things consistently again. Snap mode seems tiny and pointless. Kinect crashes multiple times, Internet Explorer takes minutes to load at times and much other fun stuff in there. Does anyone legitimately want to interact with their console primarily through voice? It seems like they made some very strange choices. One of the editors says to just buy a PC at one point haha.

It's funny how divorced their experiences we see are with their actual review scores. Polygon got $750,000 from Microsoft for their "documentary" for example. Hmm.

Wow, just watched some of that footage on polygon, maybe it's time for the video game industry to implode.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Nov 19, 2013, 12:51 DangerDog

Looks like Pedobear has some competition in the "pervy" internet meme department.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 19, 2013, 12:43 DangerDog

Looks like the government is going to have to cut the power, it's the only way for them to kill bitcoin.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement
15. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts Lowers RAM Requirement Nov 19, 2013, 12:39 DangerDog

They aptly named it "Ghosts" because the game is a ghost town.  

News Comments > No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals
19. Re: No Wheel Support for NFS Rivals Nov 19, 2013, 03:31 DangerDog

This whole mess is something that Bugbear should take up and put out a checkbox graphic showing how much a true PC driving game it will be.

Give money to Bugbear, not EA

News Comments > New Studio to Resume Command & Conquer Development
5. Re: New Studio to Resume Command & Conquer Development Nov 18, 2013, 13:33 DangerDog

If it's not a stand alone game purchase, I'm not interested.  

News Comments > Roberts: "Star Citizen is a PC Game"
32. Re: Roberts: Nov 18, 2013, 13:27 DangerDog

Still waiting for more concrete proof that CryEngine is up to the task of an open galaxy space game.

War Thunder is not only cross-platform (PS4 & PC can play together) but you can also play it by hooking up a mouse and keyboard to the PS4, or flight sticks if you prefer.

I have a feeling that Star Citizen is going to get bogged down in rivet counting on hulls of ships and not come out for years from now and take equally long to get the performance needed to make it enjoyable.

8. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 17, 2013, 13:53 DangerDog

Axis wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 13:35:
Of all these "LAUNCH TITLES" only 4, yes 4, yes ONLY 4 (and one is a demothing) are actually PS4 launch titles. All the others are rehashes of games that have been released.

That's hilarious, and the Wii U got cremated and they had more than the PS4...

Good job Sony, I'm sure everyone will enjoy their sub-par PC called the PS4...

Publishers would be fools not to port a bunch of PC games to either console, you just lock off the graphic options menu and make sure controller input is the only way to play the game.

Sony even allows mouse and keyboard on their console so you could even leave that in it seems.

War thunder mouse and keyboard on PS4

News Comments > Need for Speed Rivals PC Capped at 30 FPS?
9. Re: Need for Speed Rivals PC Capped at 30 FPS? Nov 17, 2013, 13:43 DangerDog

Either a design carry over from the "next gen" consoles and or it's locked at 30fps for multiplayer syncing as I'm pretty sure it's peer-2-peer match making.

News Comments > DayZ Gameplay Trailer
24. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 20:52 DangerDog

Even though this isn't multiplayer focused like DayZ this is what it should look like if it expects to get any attention.

Go check out this early alpha footage of "the forest"

https://teksyndicate.com/news/2013/11/11/forest-extreme-survival-sim

10. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 15:51 DangerDog

This was originally going to be a quick and easy turn around project for Bis, take the mod and package it up with a stand-alone version of Arma II, mostly to eliminate the technical barrier to installing the mod in the first place.

feature creep and reworking and updating the Arma II assets derailed that plan, didn't help maters that some of the devs were thrown in jail when they were caught taking pictures of super secret military bases

At this point they should just move it all over to Arma III engine and get rid of that clunky feel as much as possible, not even having rag doll deaths for the zombies is just too dated game design wise. They're getting bogged down on the "man simulator" aspect, needing to use a can opener on a can? I understand you need to keep track of a bunch more vital statistics as well, way beyond hunger, thirst and sleep.

2. Re: DayZ Gameplay Trailer Nov 16, 2013, 13:57 DangerDog

It's much easier to overlook the clunkyness of the Arma engine when DayZ was a free mod, I'm sure they'll grab some hardcore DayZ players but even if it's offered as a budget title of $20 I can't see it getting much traction.

I assume they pretty much reaped as much financial gain as they're going to from all the extra Arma II copies they sold.

4217 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo