Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4130 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident
28. Re: Day One: YouTube Takedown Incident Oct 21, 2013, 20:32 DangerDog

It's all part of the master plan, now people will feel compelled to play it just to see how bad it really is.

That part about the kickstarter was pretty sad.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 17, 2013, 22:27 DangerDog

AMD sure has milked the release of their new graphics card to the hilt, people may show up with pitchforks at their HQ if they price it at $700  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2013, 15:06 DangerDog

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/06/28

This pretty much sums it up, thankfully there's plenty of start menu replacements so you can completely ignore metro apps.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 17, 2013, 12:23 DangerDog

Metro 8.1

yay!

People are too stupid to see their ability to install any program from any source slipping away from them, once people become indoctrinated into using the MS app store and switching to only "Modern UI apps" the desktop is going to fade off into a distant memory, or become completely locked down too - for user convenience sake.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 17, 2013, 12:14 DangerDog

When someone hacks your account, they can turn any xbox in the world into your xbox.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Changes
8. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Changes Oct 17, 2013, 00:42 DangerDog

I think part of the problem is that when you play a closed beta of one of their games everyone is on their best behavior as to not be a trouble maker and get kicked out. When you have the general public play the game they find all the dirty exploits and glitches and use them to full effect, DICE acts all surprised when this happens - but it happens every time.

If you're not a fan of Battlefield games then 4 isn't going to persuade you to change your mind.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014
6. Re: Watch Dogs Delayed to Spring 2014 Oct 15, 2013, 14:29 DangerDog

last I read on this was that it ran at a solid 30 frames per second locked regardless of what platform you played on. The concept looked cool enough but can they really make the game that people imagined it would be?

They probably took a look at GTA V and said "oh shit, we don't have a compelling open world game after all", especially if you look at all the crazy stuff R* put into their game.

News Comments > WARFACE Goes Live Next Week
9. Re: WARFACE Goes Live Next Week Oct 15, 2013, 14:23 DangerDog

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 15, 2013, 14:12:
Hrm, I guess I'll try this at some point, but what's the catch? Is this just a marketing tool for their engine, or are there some sort of microtransactions hidden in there somewhere?

It appears to be a 4 person co-op shooter against progressively harder AI bots where you slooooowly grind out in game currency to spend on things to unlock, I imagine they're hoping you get addicted to the gameplay and frustrated with the slow progression so you spend real money on equipping yourself.

News Comments > WARFACE Goes Live Next Week
8. Re: WARFACE Goes Live Next Week Oct 15, 2013, 14:19 DangerDog

WORFACE A GOOD DAY TO DIE  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support
9. Re: Elite: Dangerous Oculus Rift Support Oct 10, 2013, 17:49 DangerDog

I'm really concerned about the eye strain impact of the Rift, I have a feeling that it would be really hard to put down once you started using it and there's no such thing as moderation when it comes to gaming.  

News Comments > Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year
2. Re: Tomb Raider Reboot for OS X This Year Oct 10, 2013, 00:18 DangerDog

Don't people who want to game on a mac just dual boot with windows?  

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $21 Million
30. Re: Star Citizen Passes $21 Million Oct 9, 2013, 03:03 DangerDog

Looks like we've got a live one, some woman and a cat in cyro

well, there goes our salvage operation.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements
26. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts System Requirements Oct 8, 2013, 03:22 DangerDog

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 7, 2013, 21:46:
I have a Twin Frozr (I think) Radeon 6950 that is the switchable unlock to 6970.. it plays BF4..not well (I understand that the game needs optimization).. but I have been thinking of getting a 7970 fr BF4 and possibly this game as well..is that a good card for $261.00 (newegg special today)

A 7970 Gigahertz Edition is worth getting, the "new" AMD cards are out on the 11th and it compares to an R9 280x (new name but same as 7970GE). The newer cards are more money @ 299 retail but don't really offer much in the way of new features for the extra money, plus the "never settle" game bundle isn't covered on the new cards - no free games unless you step up to the R9 290x which is going to be limited to 8000 issues of the card with Battlefield 4. It compares well to a 770 GTX, which is around $100 more and apparently Nvidia isn't going to drop the price anytime soon.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 7, 2013, 22:03 DangerDog

I always thought it was odd that EA could get away with using NCAA players in their game considering the players aren't allowed to make any money.

Surprised it took this long for the issue to blow up.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
5. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Oct 6, 2013, 16:42 DangerDog

I was expecting this to be 90% fantasy land rendering of what we would like the game to play like, nice surprise to see it being in engine and looking so good at this point.

I backed both but only on a basic 'give me the game' level, I'm glad that both are being made but I'm looking forward to Elite more. I still have reservations that CryEngine is up to the task of providing the proper foundation for a vast space combat game. I expect Star Citizen to lean heavily on the cinematic flash and not so much on the free-wheeling go anywhere and do anything approach.

Maybe I'm just projecting how different Elite was to Wing Commander series.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Oct 6, 2013, 14:33 DangerDog

I can also imagine Ballmer went all over Hollywood to show off how they can do a head count and charge accordingly for pay-per-view movies and sporting events.

All that biometric data at their fingertips and they're not going to ply advertising with it? I suspect the 'Kinect' is optional to be complete B.S.

In order to watch this programming you need to plug in your Kinect device now.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
10. Re: Dell declares the PC 'undead,' Windows 8.1 starts to shine. Oct 5, 2013, 21:10 DangerDog

Darks wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 17:31:
Sorry DangerDog, but why should I or anyone for that matter have to install a third party app to make Windows perform and act like windows? We shouldn't!

The simple fact is, M$ keep screwing over the PC and continues to not listen to the concerns of the consumer. This is what is getting them in to trouble and why many are so opposed to using Windows 8.

Its never going on my pc as long as its in the shitty state its in now.

There are some enhancements to the desktop that are nice, should those have just been patched into Windows 7? Perhaps, all I'm saying is that if you want to you can turn Windows 8 into a serviceable desktop operating system and de-metro it.

People are getting upset over the wrong issue, the outrage should be aimed at Microsoft wanting to become a gate-keeper for programs you install on the Metro / Modern UI app side. I wouldn't object to it as much if you could acquire and install them from other sources, they can keep the MS Store but open it up to other sources.

This is the real crux of the issue that Gabe has with it, if he could sell Modern UI apps on Steam I really doubt he would be striking out with the Steam Console PC.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2013, 16:02 DangerDog

Speaking of pain, starting to get carpel tunnel in my left hand. Too many years of WASD gaming. I know ergonomically speaking the traditional keyboard isn't the best thing to be using but all of those "gaming" keypads seem more like a gimmick than a solution. The Razer Orbweaver looks interesting but at the same time doesn't look all that ergonomic or comfortable.

All of these people going ga-ga over mechanical keyboards are going to have regrets about using a hard-to-press switch years down the road. I know some of the switches are more about the "click" sound but some require more force to press.

5. Re: Dell declares the PC 'undead,' Windows 8.1 starts to shine. Oct 5, 2013, 15:36 DangerDog

LittleMe wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 13:20:
So Windows 8.1 now comes with folks a bit more used to the new interface and it has improvements that address many of the things which really irritated a lot of users.

Not according to what I'm reading, Mr. Shill. I'm reading that 8.1 regresses more than it improves and that MS still isn't listening to the consumer, but is instead forcing a dumbed-down UI that we don't want on our PC's.

It does let you boot right to the desktop but they also have done some things that don't make any sense like removing scheduling from Windows Backup - at least that's what I read from the preview version of 8.1

If you install StartIsBack you can turn off annoying charm pop-up locations like upper right corner, but you'll still need to reassign your favorite programs to open files or you'll click on an image and end up in "Metro" for example. It doesn't take that much to turn it into Windows 7.5 and ignore all the junk Microsoft added including the start screen.

3. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Oct 5, 2013, 15:27 DangerDog

The only way you can bring Windows 8 to the masses is pre-install StartIsBack onto every system. Nobody on a desktop PC wants to use "Metro" apps, unless of course you're a moron like the guy who wrote that article - not having a "Metro" version of office is only a dumb move for the tablets that MS is trying to push, especially the RT one.

It's just too jarring of a user experience to go from a desktop app to a "Metro" one with no clear indications of how to get back to the desktop.

8.1 brings a start button back but that just takes you to the "Metro" start screen, Microsoft is just too desperate to kill the desktop and herd people over to their walled garden of an app store.

4130 Comments. 207 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo