Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4329 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Reviews
49. Re: Titanfall Reviews Mar 11, 2014, 03:02 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Mar 10, 2014, 23:34:
can you text chat in the game or only use voice push to talk? that's a deal breaker for me

text chat is in, there's also a pre-match warm up dialog box to talk smack or whatever.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
8. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 10, 2014, 03:50 DangerDog

PropheT wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 22:40:
Pigeon wrote on Mar 9, 2014, 13:02:
The changes are all focused around mouse and keyboard users, to make certain features more accessible to the mouse.

You really have to wonder why that would be happening now at this point rather than before a release candidate was ever even put out.

Because they probably thought that if you had an older non-touch system that you would want to dump it and buy a new touch friendly system. I know MS (Ballmer) was really pissed at hardware vendors for dragging their heels putting out touch systems.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
3. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 9, 2014, 17:25 DangerDog

I assume it's low but it all adds up. I still see tablets as an accessory to having a PC and not a replacement.  

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Mar 9, 2014, 16:53 DangerDog

I wonder if these forecasts take self-built PC's into account or they're just looking at off the shelf boxes.  

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Mar 9, 2014, 15:38 DangerDog

As long as they don't remove the ability to use start menu replacements like startisback by brute force then I don't care what they do with their metro app full screen start menu bullshit.

If there was a way to completely purge the metro side I'd do it but otherwise I'll just continue to ignore that aspect of the OS. The micro improvements on the desktop are worth the tiny bit of extra hassle and cost in tweaking windows 8.1 to be desktop focused rather than touch/metro focused.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Mar 9, 2014, 15:18 DangerDog

I give their dig little chance of success, some things should just be left to legend true or not.

It's probably also bad juju for Microsoft to be doing this, seems like every reporter on the internet wants to stick a fork in the console project known as "xbox one".

Atari signed their death stroke when they turned down the deal to sell the NES under the Atari name in the U.S. It just snowballed downhill from there.

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
22. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 19:20 DangerDog

Task wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 16:09:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 7, 2014, 14:37:

Oh, and they're already working on Battlefield 5 - it'll be a police themed Battlefield made by Visceral Games, and of course there's the Star Wars Battlefront game too.

police...themed battlefield, lol?

operation metro almost feels like some sort of cops vs robbers scene already.

News Comments > DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details
17. Re: DICE: No Damage from BF4 Launch; New Patch; Carrier Assault Details Mar 7, 2014, 14:37 DangerDog

Having several hundred hours of game time in BF4 I've gotten my money's worth even with the purchase of Premium. I just wish they would spend a little more time testing their patches, there's plenty of people from the community that would take the plunge into testing them before wide release. It's still my go to shooter, warts and all.

Oh, and they're already working on Battlefield 5 - it'll be a police themed Battlefield made by Visceral Games, and of course there's the Star Wars Battlefront game too.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced
8. Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts - Devastation Announced Mar 6, 2014, 20:37 DangerDog

When they overheard that Respawn was making a Sci-Fi shooter they tried to pull a "Us too!" but didn't get the full memo apparently.

News Comments > MS Planning DirectX 12
71. Re: MS Planning DirectX 12 Mar 6, 2014, 16:46 DangerDog

Just bought a new graphics card, time to buy a new graphics card.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer
27. Re: Watch Dogs in May; New Trailer Mar 6, 2014, 16:43 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:34:
ASeven wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 16:01:
http://i.minus.com/imCQcWqntO6W0.gif

this is the one ppl are talking about...

http://tinyurl.com/m67v4j3

360 / PS3 version?

Still shouldn't look that bad you would think.

News Comments > Titanfall Launch Trailer
13. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 4, 2014, 20:05 DangerDog

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 18:56:
Yes please.

Why do people say the Gunplay is like COD, when its not? Not on the PC any way.

Neither is the player movement, thank god. It doesn't feel anything like the usual Source game from valve either.

9. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 4, 2014, 14:57 DangerDog

do you even game bro?  

7. Re: Titanfall Launch Trailer Mar 4, 2014, 14:43 DangerDog

harlock wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 14:18:
Rhett wrote on Mar 4, 2014, 14:16:
Wow. I didn't like the game before, but that's pretty ludicrous for what I've seen.

supposedly the beta did not include hi-res textures

supposedly it actually did

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/439496742871269376

maybe the dlc is already in the install waiting to unlock or something? I just can't see why it's so damn big. I expect this to be a one month wonder, the size alone dictates that the next big game to come along most people will need to delete this to make room, especially on xbox one with it's puny hard drive.

News Comments > DICE Addressing BF "Netcode"
15. Re: DICE Addressing BF Mar 3, 2014, 19:35 DangerDog

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 3, 2014, 18:42:
The only question now is when BF5 is released, will they be starting here and moving forward? Or two steps back first?

Visceral Games is making a Police themed battlefield game, I'm halfway expecting low player numbers and instanced servers aka Titanfall type setup.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Titanfall
52. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 21:02 DangerDog

[VG]Reagle wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 20:45:
And we all know that the second you log onto to a COD OR BF4 OR QUAKE OR Titanfall multiplayer server you immediately get owned HARD CORE. We know that too dont we?

Yeah, I'm worried about cheaters ruining this game too.

51. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 20:56 DangerDog

Steele Johnson wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 20:37:
Point and spam your fire button. Yay.

C'mon, now is the time for new types of pc games! The "been there done that" days should be over by now.

or it's a throwback to the era of the most fun shooters like Doom, Quake and Unreal.

46. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 17:59 DangerDog

Must have missed it, I only read something about not being able to buy EA games on the cheap from India, they raised the prices I guess.

Seems like they could just region lock their games if they wanted to.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Feb 27, 2014, 17:49 DangerDog

LittleMe wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 14:42:
Now I want to play Syndicate. I'm tempering my expectations here so I'm not disappointed.

I would recommend against getting Syndicate, I bought it on discount thinking how bad could it be - Starbreeze left it in a buggy state and pointed the finger at EA as being the bad guy but I blame Starbreeze. At one point the game actually looked decent then at the last minute they added in a bunch of blur and bloom filters effects that you can't turn off, the FOV is locked to something like 65 - game checks FOV on every frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvbBkLy4wIA

Still not sure how they went from making a solid FPS game like Riddick to this crap of a game.

edit: didn't see this before, a working FOV adjustment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImKha8mEGp4

that would help a little.

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2014, 18:22.

44. Re: Gone Gold - Titanfall Feb 27, 2014, 16:36 DangerDog

Glykon wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 15:33:
Hmm so you played all, from ARMA , BF, Planetside 2, Warframe, Defiance and all rest and this shit is the only one you like ??

ARMA is a slow paced man simulator void of any decent pvp multiplayer. BF is fun but the never ending beta status has really taken a toll on the number of people left playing. I couldn't get into Planetside 2 just herds of players zerging around the maps capturing bases - which were really poorly designed, something that I've noticed they're trying to address with the latest update. Warframe, 3rd person shooter? - yeah, no thanks.

There's more to like about Titanfall than there is to hate, it's not so fast paced that it's only for people with ADHD yet intense enough that leaves you with that "just one more game" feeling at 1am.

I can see why people would hate on the casual aspect of it, and the randomness of the whole burn card system would drive all the e-sports people to bash their keyboard in. Respawn has a really good release window, nothing much on the horizon either - where the hell is GTA V for the PC???

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 27, 2014, 16:31:

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN PREVIOUS THREADS!

If you use a proxy for a game and purchase in Mexico for Origin - you will make your account no longer able to add games. There are a ton of reddit threads about it, and I assume that thread also tells you that. They are cracking down on regions.

I have?

oh well, if I have to create a new origin account ~ whatever.

it's not that far off from what cd keys are going for

http://cdkeyprices.com/product/Titanfall-CD-Key

This comment was edited on Feb 27, 2014, 17:00.

4329 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo