Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4210 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out
5. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 16, 2014, 13:41 DangerDog

I'm sort of surprised they're even doing a PC release for this, just about everything I've read for it seems like a step back from what people were expecting. After playing games like 64 player BF2142 I can't get excited about 6v6 fluffed out with "AI team mates", no destruction and small maps.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2014, 15:46 DangerDog

InBlack wrote on Jan 14, 2014, 11:00:
I for one cant see the new Star Wars films as turning out as anything other than pure shit. Even if Lindeloff doesnt get withing 20 miles of the script we are missing the one important player who is simply the pivotal turning point of the first three films, erm the first six films that is. Without Darth Vader, Star Wars loses like 90% of its charm.

Not just Darth Vader, the Empire and everything with it. I think they'll try too hard to play service to the original trilogy with poorly done "where are they now" placements of the way too old actors. Nobody wants to see old Han or *gasp* Leia.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Jan 9, 2014, 14:55 DangerDog

They need to make a controller that can somehow integrate into having a VR headset on, like being able to track it's location in physical space and then for those touchscreen buttons have them appear in game so you can still see where you need to press to activate them without needing to take off the headset.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Video Diary
4. Re: Alien: Isolation Video Diary Jan 8, 2014, 18:38 DangerDog

I dig the late 70's retro sci-fi look. Prometheus should have done this.  

News Comments > AMD: Battlefield 4 "Up to 45% Faster" Using Mantle
42. Re: AMD: Battlefield 4 Jan 8, 2014, 16:21 DangerDog

ldonyo wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 12:31:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 12:23:
Can't get excited about anything from AMD atm, the company is not doing well. I buy strictly Nvidia for that reason.
You mean not doing well aside from returning to profitability and providing the chips for both the PS4 and Xbox One? I'll take that kind of not doing well every time.

It's going to take AMD a long time to even break even on PS4 and Xbone chip sales. They completely botched the release of their Hawaii GPU's, releasing the 290/290x with reference cooler designs was beyond stupid and something they should have learned from past experience to be avoided at all cost. Too hot, too loud and reports of not performing to spec cost them sales.

The best part of AMD releasing a new part was it drove down the price of Nvidia cards.

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
23. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 16:08 DangerDog

Seventyfive wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 15:16:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 14:55:
This would be more acceptable if it offered something like over the top amazing level of destruction, as it's being made with Source 2 I bet even the scorch mark decals don't stay on walls very long.

Not sure if you've played Hawken but it's only 8v8 and it's plenty exciting and fun.

Player numbers are less of a concern actually, it's the implementation of AI squadmates. They always end up being less than intelligent and blocking your path. I'm not sure what tweaks they've made to Source 2 but that's an engine pretty long in the tooth for a major overhaul.

News Comments > Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum
19. Re: Respawn: 6-vs-6 Multiplayer Maximum Jan 8, 2014, 14:55 DangerDog

This would be more acceptable if it offered something like over the top amazing level of destruction, as it's being made with Source 2 I bet even the scorch mark decals don't stay on walls very long.  

News Comments > Two Tribes Reboots
7. Re: Two Tribes Reboots Jan 8, 2014, 14:50 DangerDog

Morgan19 wrote on Jan 8, 2014, 12:02:
<expected reply>
"I was hoping the story was about two new Starsiege: Tribes games."

Oh well.

The "Two" part was the immediate, oh not that Tribes then reaction. HiRez are a bunch of cockups, we'll never see a faithful 1:1 reboot of Starsiege: Tribes.

News Comments > The Division Not Coming This Year?
9. Re: The Division Not Coming This Year? Jan 8, 2014, 02:17 DangerDog

One step closer to vaporware. It did look too good to be true, at the very least I expected it to be cut way back from open world to smaller levels with some sort of lame hub connecting it all together.  

News Comments > Starbound Sells 1M
24. Re: Starbound Sells 1M Jan 8, 2014, 02:15 DangerDog

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:21:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 15:06:
Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:28:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 09:59:
People sure love their 2D side scrolling pixelated adventures

I don't. I hate them. But Bats is all, Starbound this, and Starbound that so I'm curious at any rate.

I watched / skimmed through the bulk of this dudes playthrough on youtube, it starts off cool enough but seems to really break down in the repetitiveness plus the enemies are pretty stupid AI wise right now and their animations seem really crude - not sure if the later will improve since it's a low-pixel count game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQIVDpBZaY

You're just constantly chasing higher end gear to take out same pixel monsters with higher stats, slight variation to some of the background stuff. I think they need to add more references to other sci-fi movies and games - as far as they can go without getting sued anyway.

? You just described every game....

It is a really well done game. Flying to other planets, systems, galaxies, etc is where this game shines. It is Terraria^100. Literally. They are talking about having MILLIONS of planets, and hoping to release the game with BILLIONS of planets.

If anyone wants to play, hit me up. I have a ship full of gear, weapons, etc.

I'll keep an eye on it but they do need to add more "game" content to it and not just be endless random generated stuff.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
30. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 8, 2014, 02:11 DangerDog

Talisorn wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:52:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 20:43:
But can they do anything about causing your vision to go all wonky after using it a short while, people report of needing up to a half hour to return to normal after using it a short time.

If you're talking about the feeling ill part, that apparently has to do with the latency between head movement and the image appearing on the screen. Even if you can't consciously perceive the lag, the brain still does unconsciously. The sweet spot is around 30ms. They are aiming from between 15ms and 20ms as the final target.

From what I've read you get vision fatigue from focusing on the screen so close to your eyes, removing the rift can take quite a while to recover normal vision.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking
3. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 7, 2014, 20:43 DangerDog

But can they do anything about causing your vision to go all wonky after using it a short while, people report of needing up to a half hour to return to normal after using it a short time.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
28. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 15:20 DangerDog

Nope, I liked Trespasser too. It looks like they're going to make gadgets your main source of info.

The main problem is like other people are saying, how can you pad out a sizable chunk of game time to being chased around a spaceship by one Alien? Gearbox succumbed to the completely off putting combat against "company" soldiers, I would rather have half the game be sneaking around and the final part kicking all sorts of ass as a colonial marine sent to rescue Ripley's daughter.

Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 15:12:
No. No. NO. NonononononononononononononNONONONONONONONONO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Just stop, people. What was the last good Alien/Aliens game you played? I mean, it was over a decade ago, right? The trailers ALWAYS look good, and the game is always shit. Don't fall for it again!

Even as bad as Colonial Marines was I still enjoyed the nostalgia factor, being a huge fan the movie Aliens. If nothing else, this game will offer the same.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2014, 15:27.

News Comments > Starbound Sells 1M
11. Re: Starbound Sells 1M Jan 7, 2014, 15:06 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 13:28:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 7, 2014, 09:59:
People sure love their 2D side scrolling pixelated adventures

I don't. I hate them. But Bats is all, Starbound this, and Starbound that so I'm curious at any rate.

I watched / skimmed through the bulk of this dudes playthrough on youtube, it starts off cool enough but seems to really break down in the repetitiveness plus the enemies are pretty stupid AI wise right now and their animations seem really crude - not sure if the later will improve since it's a low-pixel count game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQIVDpBZaY

You're just constantly chasing higher end gear to take out same pixel monsters with higher stats, slight variation to some of the background stuff. I think they need to add more references to other sci-fi movies and games - as far as they can go without getting sued anyway.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced
19. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 14:23 DangerDog

Trespasser in space

Hopefully extremely light on the quick-time-events.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 7, 2014, 00:03 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:08:
Michael Bay has the memory and attention span of a fruit bat with ADHD.

Explains his directorial movie making abilities though.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
18. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 23:56 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:35:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:23:

Valve has already said there won't be any exclusives, even if they did try to do HL3 as an exclusive people would play HL3 and then ditch the OS and go back to Windows.

I don't see this as a reason to ditch Windows as a desktop OS and have no interest in PC gaming in the living room.

I'd disagree. wasn't it the case when HL2 required Steam that everybody chose Steam to eventually be the dominant/leading platform for digital distribution? if HL3 was exclusive to SteamOS it could be adopted as a main platform for gamers, and I wouldn't be surprised if Valve made HL3/L4D3 exclusive to Steam Machine/SteamOS. history can repeat itself. they may say there won't be exclusives but things can always change. the only way for mass adoption is for exclusivity rights, and that's what Microsoft is trying to do with Xbox One for digital TV shows and movies.

That's what I've read on the old internet, Valve said no SteamOS exclusives. It's not a replacement desktop OS and I question the number of PC gamers just dieing to play their games in the living room. I'm not.

I see the future more being something like the Rift attached to either a high performance PC or perhaps wirelessly tethered to a high performance android tablet.

At any rate it's going to take much more than a handful of indie developers making games for this Steam console to put a dent in even the adoption rate of the Nintendo WiiU let alone the xbox and playstation market share.

News Comments > Steam Machines Announcement
15. Re: Steam Machines Announcement Jan 6, 2014, 23:23 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Jan 6, 2014, 23:04:

Half-Life 3, exclusive to Steam OS. The End.

DOS Days > All

Valve has already said there won't be any exclusives, even if they did try to do HL3 as an exclusive people would play HL3 and then ditch the OS and go back to Windows.

I don't see this as a reason to ditch Windows as a desktop OS and have no interest in PC gaming in the living room.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 4, 2014, 15:20 DangerDog

Tablets are nice for consuming content, I would hate to try to be productive on one. I would probably go with a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 if I had to attempt productivity on one. There's also a rumor of a Galaxy note Pro model with a 12.2" display which might show up in march.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jan 4, 2014, 14:36 DangerDog

There's been a lot of developers who have left DICE over the past couple of years, perhaps this is the result of a brain drain effect going on. It really doesn't help matters when you have completely brain dead idiots like Daniel Matros, aka zh1nt0 going on twitter and posting "Haven't had time to play bf since november. What's it like?"

What a tool.

[url=http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/01/03/opinion-ea-and-dice-have-broken-consumer-trust.aspx]

BF fans are willing to look past the warts because the core game is fun, when it works. DICE doesn't really have any direct competition, Arma series takes itself too seriously and COD is at the opposite end, Planetside is proof that bigger isn't better or more fun.

4210 Comments. 211 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo