Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4943 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > DayZ Early Access Sells 3M
4. Re: DayZ Early Access Sells 3M Jan 24, 2015, 14:31 DangerDog

3 Million, I wonder how that compares to something like Arma 3. You would think they would focus more attention on DayZ but it seems to be in limbo as far as support goes.

No wonder so many people are trying to make a DayZ metoo clone.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2015, 15:11 DangerDog

Task wrote on Jan 23, 2015, 13:40:
lol George Bush, McCain, Obama, Kerry, and all the White House Cronies are gushing crocodile tears on twitter for their favorite King's death. One tyrant to another said, "We'll miss you dearly." (Koolaid Example 1), but the tyrants are perplexed by the replies, getting better, and better all the time, yeeha, 'Murica.

I hope Obama rushes over there to kiss the new kings buttock so that they continue to accept our monopoly funny money for their black gold.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 23, 2015, 15:04 DangerDog

Those hundred people who bought an RT tablet are going to be upset, jokes on them for buying a cripple wear tablet like that in the first place.  

News Comments > Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free
15. Re: Dying Light Disc Release Plans; Be The Zombie Mode is Free Jan 23, 2015, 14:50 DangerDog

The co-op for the PvE is suppose to be drop in I think, you can turn it off or let random people into your game.

It looks like Dead Island 1.5, now with more grapple hook action and some climbing stuff. I haven't seen any Mirrors Edge type parkour in any of the video demos.

Based on the Persian setting are you killing Muslim zombies? I've seen a few zombie women wearing hijab's.

News Comments > Morning Interviews
22. Re: Morning Interviews Jan 22, 2015, 13:52 DangerDog

loomy wrote on Jan 22, 2015, 10:14:
evolve is not fun. the end

seems this is getting lost in the whole Evolve DLC-gate, they'll probably blame the DLC for its failure when the real problem is they haven't made a game worth getting in the first place, not for $60 anyway.

I think their ego is going to get deflated when it doesn't take the world by storm. This is going to be another Titanfall fail.

I wouldn't be surprised if support is dropped after they fix a few bugs and finish the pre-sold DLC.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M
18. Re: Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M Jan 22, 2015, 04:40 DangerDog

siapnar wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 20:23:
Is it worth playing past the 10 hour mark if I get this game? I hear it just falls into more repetitive and frustrating territory

Krovven wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 17:27:
Am I the only one that thinks 1 million seems really low for multi-platform release with AAA production and the Alien IP?
I thought this as well. A ton of exposure for this game, as well.

I never felt fatigued by it being repetitive, if they ever manage to get even 1/10 of the atmosphere this game has into something like Star Citizen I may never leave the game.

News Comments > More on Windows 10 and Xbox
16. Re: More on Windows 10 and Xbox Jan 22, 2015, 01:38 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Jan 21, 2015, 22:05:
Now if I could stream my pc to the xbox one that would be awesome.

Yeah, I don't get the logic on this one. It's the xbox that need more content, if I'm going to play an xbox game on the PC I'd just get the PC version.

I just wish this crap was an optional install and not pre-installed bloat wear.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M
6. Re: Alien: Isolation Sells > 1M Jan 21, 2015, 14:33 DangerDog

The atmosphere, sound and music are the only thing they nailed. It's a one time through and done game though, there's zero incentive to replay it. I was hoping for a little more of a free exploration open space station game but it's completely on rails. The Alien AI isn't anything to write home about but it could be worse, some of the encounters with the androids were scarier.

I think it's worth the price of admission on a Steam discount of %50 or more, the DLC though is disappointing as it doesn't expand the story at all nor let you play through the game from a different character perspective despite appearing like you do. Just a collection of "challenge maps" that are far too short.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Jan 21, 2015, 03:33 DangerDog

Holy shit, "That's the way tow straps work, just hook it up and go"!

Time for a new bumper? Gets some superglue it'll hold.

News Comments > Theme Hospital Free on Origin
6. Re: Theme Hospital Free on Origin Jan 21, 2015, 03:28 DangerDog

ForgedReality wrote on Jan 20, 2015, 19:01:
Shame it's on Origin.

They should change their slogan (do they have one?) to "Origin. Not Even Once."

Aside from it not being Steam what's wrong with Origin?

News Comments > Free VR Game InMind Released
1. Re: Free VR Game InMind Released Jan 20, 2015, 12:56 DangerDog

Free is a very good price for shovelware.

I'm kidding, kind of looks cool. I do wonder how many games are going to have VR roller coaster sequences in them.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2015, 20:08 DangerDog

Evolve looks like it's ready for a slash an burn steam sale  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
4. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jan 17, 2015, 15:28 DangerDog

In 10 years it'll be like wifi singles today, wireless charging/power will be penetrating your house even if you don't have it.

"I want to be able to walk in my back yard and use my tablet/laptop/vr headset without needing to charge it or carry around a heavy battery" ~ future cancer victim.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 16, 2015, 05:17 DangerDog

InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 02:33:
Options for players currently without beta access to be able to purchase beta access will be available

I dont have much to say against Braben and Co. but this is douchy as fuck! Fuck paying for testing. Fuck it with a hard stick!

why? They did it with their kickstarter and many people jumped at the chance. Look at all the early access crap on Steam now, even for free to play games like that DayZ clone that Sony is behind - you need to pay to help them test their game.

I mean, yeah people used to get paid for this kind of testing work but now it's a new revenue stream. go them, douchy or not.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
8. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 15, 2015, 23:39 DangerDog

The best thing to come out of a Target store is Jennifer Connelly in a tight white tank top riding a coin operated horse.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
4. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 15, 2015, 20:29 DangerDog

Even with all the hype around drones I don't think anyone would make it with a DroneShack store.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month
2. Re: Elite: Dangerous Content Update Next Month Jan 15, 2015, 20:07 DangerDog

I suppose wings will be just for PvE or will they have this for open play too?  

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
4. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 15, 2015, 19:55 DangerDog

Never played these, how could they be denied with the pixel art graphics it looks like a throwback to Grand Theft Auto #1  

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
31. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 15:14 DangerDog

Even if they did release a map editor they would be the gate keeper on the maps because the entire thing is ran from instanced servers with match making.

They need to lay bare what content they do have in the game because this is really starting to sound like Titanfall all over again, 50 gigs of hard drive space for what exactly?

News Comments > Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash
28. Re: Turtle Rock on Evolve DLC Backlash Jan 15, 2015, 14:52 DangerDog

If we thought we could have finished all those monsters and hunters for ship we would have put them in the box

oh come on now, don't bullshit us.

I'm glad they're upfront about the DLC before the game is released, and there's nothing really that upsetting about the announcement as the DLC seems like something you could completely pass on and never end up feeling any need to purchase.

The off hand promise of free maps doesn't look good when you're crying about lack of funds before the game is even released though.

The bigger issue they haven't addressed is what makes the game even compelling to purchase in the first place. They're doing the lame marketing campaign gimmick of releasing only bits of pieces of information about the game, so far the maps and modes that have been in the alpha haven't been entirely impressive to say the least. Is there a game mode that is engaging and makes the game worth getting, maybe?

It's a 4 player co-op game that you need to play with other people who work together, however your enjoyment is only going to go as far as the ability of the random stranger that gets to play the monster as there's no way to fill that slot with a known player from your group of friends too.

As a pub game, it doesn't really work because if your the monster you get killed before you can even evolve against four other people working as a team. Every once and awhile you'll get lucky and get a group of randoms that might try to work together but can't quite get it together, and of course if you're one of the players stuck on a team of randoms that won't work together then you'll most likely rage quit.

I have a feeling that people will work their way through the unlock tree and then once that's done they'll walk away from the game, there's no other "content" shown to keep you playing besides unlocking stuff. After an hour or two it feels more like a chore than a game that's fun to play that also awards you with new stuff to play with.

Again, unless they're holding back on something that makes the game stand out it overall feels like a game that sounds better on paper than in execution. The environment feels pretty static, you can't pick up objects in the map and throw them at players as a monster and there's a lack of destruction that would have even added some interesting elements to the gameplay.

4943 Comments. 248 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo