Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4348 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Titanfall Update Plans
4. Re: Titanfall Update Plans Apr 15, 2014, 20:46 DangerDog

There was a rumor they were going to implement a bunch of Nvidia graphic tweaks to the game, I'm surprised they're doing things like Titan "Nose Art". Features like that usually only get implemented in sequels.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released
2. Re: Battlefield 4 Naval Strike DLC Released Apr 15, 2014, 20:43 DangerDog

the "titan" mode throwback just isn't as fun as it was in BF2142, just makes you wish they had made BF2143 as a stand alone multiplayer only game.

so far I would say the DLC map packs for BF4 have been really mediocre.

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Apr 15, 2014, 03:15 DangerDog

Remember when it was blamed on comic books?

heavy metal music?

dungeon and dragons (pen and paper version).

ahhh those were the days.

News Comments > Crysis and Crysis 2 MP Support End Next Month
3. Re: Crysis and Crysis 2 MP Support End Next Month Apr 14, 2014, 22:17 DangerDog

yeah, multiplayer in the crysis series released to the sounds of crickets.

It was trying a bit too hard to be battlefield in the first one and call of duty in the second and third one.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered CE Includes Light-up Ship
3. Re: Homeworld Remastered Includes Light-up Ship Apr 13, 2014, 14:03 DangerDog

I just want the game for like $20 or so.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 12, 2014, 16:13 DangerDog

DukeFNukem wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 12:22:
Windows XP is far from dead. It's just no longer supported by Microsoft and even that isn't true. I never knew there were so many drama queens on the internet. You would think the end of the world is near.

I don't think it's unfounded since so many people use Internet Explorer on XP but it's definitely a false sense of security by just telling people to use a newer version of Windows.

A few of these articles say stop using Internet Explorer but none of them discuss things like OS fingerprinting and how to make it harder to detect what OS you're using.

The main vector for attack is the Internet, the best security for a XP/Vista/7/8 system is to use Sandboxie to isolate your computer system files from malware while browsing the web. If you get hit by an exploit you just reset the sandbox for your browser.

News Comments > Watch Dogs PC Graphics
14. Re: Watch Dogs PC Graphics Apr 12, 2014, 01:49 DangerDog

netnerd85 wrote on Apr 12, 2014, 01:29:
Plays 2 seconds, streaming, plays 2 secs, streaming, well fuck you... why cant people just use youtube!

you need better net, nerd.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
26. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 19:43 DangerDog

mellis wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 18:24:
Looks awful. Elite Dangerous is a far better looking product

Everything they've released for Elite has been pretty much dead on with what I want it to be, I hope it all comes together and it gets released on the 30 year anniversary of the original elite this September.

News Comments > Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers
23. Re: Star Citizen Gameplay Trailers Apr 11, 2014, 19:35 DangerDog

Nathos wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 18:52:
But hey! Check out that helmet animation! Literally the best part of the demo. I say that while I cry inside for ever giving them money in the first place.

Unless you went full retard on giving them money hand over fist you should still get something resembling a space combat game.

I think they need to tone down some of the cinematic B.S. and for the love of god remove those stupid blue lights from the cockpit, is JJ Abrams secretly involved with making this game?

I thought the slightly frosted edge of the glass was a nice gesture to the Elite Dangerous team, there's no greater flattery than copying other peoples ideas or something.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Apr 10, 2014, 20:25 DangerDog

He said he's going to drop the act, not sure if the real Stephen Colbert is a worthy successor or not.

but really these late night shows have just turned into a revolving door of "plug my shit" infomercials.

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed
10. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed Apr 9, 2014, 10:48 DangerDog

Tim Collins wrote on Apr 9, 2014, 10:03:
Borderlands is played out, they should really think of some new games.

I haven't even finished the main game of Borderlands 2 let alone the DLC.

Sounds like it'll be running Unreal Engine 3 though I doubt using the latest version of Unreal Engine would bring anything to the table given the graphic style of the game.

This reminds me of all the zero gravity shock rifle servers that would inevitably always show up after a new version of Unreal Tournament would be released.

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
9. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 8, 2014, 19:22 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 18:38:
"At this time, you do not qualify for the Fortnite Alpha. Thank you so much for your interest."

WTF? what questions did you guys answer correctly to qualify? or is it U.S. only and not Canada?

Could be just for U.S., I didn't try to "game" the questionnaire. I've never paid any money towards micro-transactions for "free-to-play" games and don't intend on doing so anytime in the future, this game included.

News Comments > Fortnite Alpha Signups
5. Re: Fortnite Alpha Signups Apr 8, 2014, 19:15 DangerDog

We appreciate you taking the time to help us out. We'll be sharing more news through our Facebook Page, Twitter, E-mail, and our website.

If you are having difficulties registering for the Alpha, please e-mail us at web@fortnite.com

Not sure if that's a blow off or if I'm registered for the alpha, probably the later.

edit: oh, the email says registered but you still need to be "chosen"

News Comments > GameSpy Shutting Down Services
40. Re: GameSpy Shutting Down Services Apr 4, 2014, 03:32 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Apr 3, 2014, 21:14:
And thus everything switches to Steam, and 10 years from now Steam shu... I'm not even gonna say it.

... get's bought up by Facebook. Shocked2

News Comments > Daylight Delayed for Scariness
8. Re: Daylight Delayed for Scariness Apr 3, 2014, 14:39 DangerDog

I've never been scared playing a game, even movies aren't scary anymore.

desensitized by the internet since 1995

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 3, 2014, 03:29 DangerDog

I'll still keep using startisback alternative, just say no to metro apps.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 2, 2014, 15:15 DangerDog

The higher res you go the more beast your machine needs to be, if they push it too far it'll limit their sales even more.

It still feels like something that you can't use as a replacement to a standard monitor because of the fatigue you'll undoubtedly experience from using it a short time. Most people game for hours on end not just for twenty minutes and done.

News Comments > Premium Battlefield 4 Naval Strike PC Launches
9. Re: Premium Battlefield 4 Naval Strike PC Launches Apr 1, 2014, 01:51 DangerDog

I hate water maps, I always end up swimming endlessly only to get killed the second I make it onto dry land.  

News Comments > Origins Ditches Discs
32. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 14:50 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 13:13:
So, are EA PC games available on disc in other retail channels? Like at Gamestop or Best Buy or wherever? I haven't bought a disc in a good five years, but I remember seeing them for sale in Best Buy last year.

No reason why they still won't be, this is just through Origin that you can't acquire a physical copy, retail like Amazon,Walmart etc might still be physical cd or most likely an empty box with a cd-key you redeem on Origin, just like many Steam games.

News Comments > Origins Ditches Discs
31. Re: Origins Ditches Discs Mar 31, 2014, 14:47 DangerDog

Cynyc wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 12:00:
2 words: DATA CAPS!!!

Some folks have crappy isps and 1 game will wipe out their monthly allowance. With extra data being btwn 9 and 15 usd per GB, who wants to pay 400 dollars to download NFS?

Steam and the many publishers that use it don't give a shit about your data caps, why should EA?

You need to raise your pitchforks up to these greedy ISP's that want you to pay not only for a service they're not providing but to pay for the infrastructure upgrades that tax dollars should have already paved the way for fiber internet to everyone, at least in the U.S. anyway.

4348 Comments. 218 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo