Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4340 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
30. Re: Game Reviews Oct 3, 2014, 19:30 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 15:15:
From the PC Gamer review

Encounters with the alien are not scripted. Its behaviour is unpredictable, and the impressive, reactive AI creates the illusion that it's an intelligent creature.

So, broken AI on the one hand, great dynamic AI on the other? One of these two is lying.

I watched someone playing the xbox360 version on twitch and the Alien made its appearance in exactly the same spot at the exact same time in two play-throughs of the same area (he died the first time).

I believe he was playing on the easy difficulty level but I did see the Alien ignore him even though he was only slightly obscured by a desk in the room - mind you he wasn't hiding under the desk just on the opposite side of it.

If you move too fast ie walk instead of crouch the Alien seems to insta-spawn behind you and kill you, I saw this once but it seemed like the game was forcing the player to go really slow (crouch) through the game so as to make the game last longer as the levels are pretty small.

The Alien doesn't seem to have any other movement animation other than "walk", I never saw it climb on walls or the ceiling. It's movement isn't all that fluid either, it sort of spins in place to make turns sometimes.

I have to say the most positive thing is they nailed the atmosphere of the first movie 100% and I love the retro sci-fi look. Something I really wish Ridley Scott would have done with the Prometheus pseudo prequel.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
32. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2014, 18:31 DangerDog

Julio wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 16:48:
So as far as I know, Microsoft hasn't announced any real benefits that Windows 10 will offer. So why buy it?

Here's the list I have so far:
-It may not suck as bad as Windows 8 (which is irrelevant to those on Win 7)
-It will ship with DirectX12

you can copy and paste into the command line

sold!

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Oct 3, 2014, 18:21 DangerDog

Maybe they have stock on companies that will provide protection against these usb hacks.

no computer that you want to remain secure should have publicly accessible usb ports, banks sometimes have courtesy terminals and don't house the cpu in a locked cabinet. That's a pretty big mistake.

News Comments > etc.
43. Re: etc. Oct 2, 2014, 16:08 DangerDog

Games, made by boys for boys.

sorry girls

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 2, 2014, 14:24 DangerDog

Windows 10 start menu looks horrible compared to windows 7, even without the "metro" tiles it looks like someone's first day on the job attempt at making a start menu.  

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 1, 2014, 19:58 DangerDog

so now we just get

if (windowsVersion starts with 1){
bluescreen of death
}

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Sep 30, 2014, 19:29 DangerDog

The licensing back story on Tetris is interesting, not sure how you're going to make blocks into characters.

/movie voice

Locked in an electronic labyrinth of death one man needs to make it to level 10 or his family dies!!

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released
43. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Released Sep 30, 2014, 16:30 DangerDog

Watched some of that joystick stream, the combat looked so repetitive as to be really boring after just a short time.

I guess I'm just not a big enough geek fan of Lord of the Rings.

18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 29, 2014, 19:53 DangerDog

Frags4Fun wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 13:35:
dj LiTh wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 13:07:
Considering i bought win8 for 15$ it wouldnt suprise me. Nowadays its more about market share

How did you manage to get it for $15? Was it an upgrade or full install?

There was a deal where you could buy Windows 8 upgrade license for a short time from Microsoft directly if I recall, it might have been tied to a glitched system intended for people who had just bought a new pc with Windows 7 so they could get it on the cheap but there wasn't any verification check.

edit: never mind I see it was answered.

Really though if you want to use Windows 8.1 on your system and detest at the idea of being forced into using the full screen MS Storefront start menu just grab a copy of StartisBack+ and turn all that crap off, I've even uninstalled all of the Metro apps.

News Comments > Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission
4. Re: Interstellar Marines Free Co-op Mission Sep 29, 2014, 14:42 DangerDog

Is this a one man band game? The progress on this thing seems to have taken forever.  

News Comments > Visceral: Battlefield Hardline "Will Work"
15. Re: Visceral: Battlefield Hardline Sep 29, 2014, 14:38 DangerDog

Yes, but will it blend?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Sep 28, 2014, 16:36 DangerDog

Even with 14,000 square feet it won't be enough to mitigate the B.O. stench that will fill that place.  

News Comments > Styx Next Month; New Trailers
5. Re: Styx Next Month; New Trailers Sep 27, 2014, 16:15 DangerDog

Might be mistaken but I think that places like Germany don't allow you to have games where you can move bodies once they're "dead" or in some form of rag doll.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 27, 2014, 15:00 DangerDog

I would still argue that the CH Products HOTAS is a better setup, especially for Elite Dangerous. Rudder pedals may not be required but they do come in handy.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed
24. Re: Gone Gold - The Evil Within; Specs Revealed Sep 26, 2014, 02:49 DangerDog

Watched the trailer on their site, just another lame attempt at making a gore shock game.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Trailers
3. Re: Alien: Isolation Trailers Sep 25, 2014, 20:31 DangerDog

Generally I find games that try to be scary more stupid than frightening.

This looks like it could be a first, unless the AI is completely predictable.

10. Re: Morning Tech Bits Sep 25, 2014, 16:14 DangerDog

I wish Samsung still made physical drives, I still have a bunch of one a two tb drives spinning.

It's like musical chairs with hard drive manufactures, now Hitachi went to WD and is now Toshiba. I'm surprised they kept the "Deathstar" Deskstar branding after what IBM did to the name.

I blame a lot of this on hard drive manufactures doing really stupid shit to be "green" by constantly shutting off the drive and then spinning it back up again on access.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Trailer Sep 24, 2014, 22:26 DangerDog

Quake engine tech never looked so good.  

News Comments > Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Trailer
5. Re: Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Trailer Sep 23, 2014, 22:15 DangerDog

At least it shows actual gameplay, I'll give them props for that.  

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Re: Evening Previews Sep 23, 2014, 21:52 DangerDog

Look like a cool game but those graphics, can these indie guys step it up to at least 16bit?  

4340 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo