Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4472 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jul 8, 2014, 01:06 DangerDog

New Samsung commercial showing iphone users getting their phones taken away from TSA incoming.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 7, 2014, 15:12 DangerDog

nin wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 09:37:
SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 7, 2014, 09:30:
"Kinect for Windows v2 Sensor costs $199.00"
I am sure that will sell well.

Did anything worthwhile come out of the last kinect unbundling? I know there were a lot of people making demos of their rooms, etc...

I know that it's been used for motion capture for 3d animation. If you could capture all angles of a decent sized room with four of these, that would be incredibly cheap for a whole body motion capture studio.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
1. Re: Sunday Mobilization Jul 6, 2014, 12:39 DangerDog

Surface Pro 3 has some nice features but also has some stupid design gaffs as well.

Keep at it Microsoft, eventually you'll get there - maybe.

News Comments > Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup
3. Re: Sunday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 6, 2014, 12:35 DangerDog

Or maybe he was going broke and really needed the money  

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
1. Re: Saturday Mobilization Jul 6, 2014, 00:07 DangerDog

Minecraft: Pocket Edition 0.9.0 coming July 10th!

whoa they need to slow it down a bit, they might make it to 1.0 before 2020.

News Comments > Evolve Alpha Signups
3. Re: Evolve Alpha Signups Jul 4, 2014, 17:42 DangerDog

I just want to be the monster and eat people  

News Comments > BF4 Dragon's Teeth This Month?
3. Re: BF4 Dragon's Teeth This Month? Jul 4, 2014, 14:38 DangerDog

The DLC for BF4 has been lacking to say the least, too much focus on China forces and the water maps sucked pretty much like I expected them to. One more DLC pack after Dragon's Teeth and I believe both are being made by EA LA studios and not DICE.

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
6. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jul 4, 2014, 03:06 DangerDog

One day you're driving a Ferrari to work, getting it reposed the next.

life in the fast lane.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Change Plans
9. Re: Battlefield Hardline Change Plans Jul 2, 2014, 23:15 DangerDog

It's more than I thought they would do, DICE has always been non compliant when it comes to suggestions from the community or they take the feedback and go off in some crazy tangent. Having Battlefield in new hands might be a good thing after all.

Like when they nerfed grenades in BF2, somehow from just limiting the number of grenades you had and how quickly you could re-arm them they took away the ability to throw a grenade further with a well timed jump.

9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2014, 17:20 DangerDog

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 15:18:
DangerDog wrote on Jul 1, 2014, 15:09:
Making Metro on the desktop optional is good news.
That is how it is in 8.1, isn't it?

You can uninstall the pre-loaded metro apps in 8/8.1 but the whole thing should be optional to begin with.

Clicking on a desktop link to a sound/video/picture file and having it load up a metro app just adds salt to the wound so to speak.

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2014, 15:09 DangerDog

Taking the desktop away from tablets, especially the x86 ones seems like a huge step back.

They should ditch the RT versions, keep the desktop and make a tablet that can run google apps in a hybrid fashion.

Making Metro on the desktop optional is good news.

News Comments > CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback
29. Re: CliffyB: Don't Call My Comeback a Comeback Jul 1, 2014, 02:38 DangerDog

#CouldCareLess  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Jun 30, 2014, 17:02 DangerDog

The jerky movements that you do with your arms in that video looks like an injury waiting to happen. What really is needed is an easy way to adapt a treadmill or exercise bike to allow for hooking it up to a computer where you can then play video back using the speed of person exercising. The faster you walk or cycle the smoother the video plays back up to a point where it plays normally or optionally faster than normal speed.

I don't think it would be that difficult in the case of exercise bikes but the variable video playback might be tricky.

News Comments > Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail
22. Re: Planetary Annihilation Early Access Spotted at Retail Jun 30, 2014, 15:08 DangerDog

There are stores that actually have physical boxes for PC games still?

Really?

News Comments > BF4 Test Environment Results
7. Re: BF4 Test Environment Results Jun 29, 2014, 20:01 DangerDog

DICE has never had much success with netcode, it's always been barely passable. BF1942 when you were on a ship and someone decided to take it for a joy rid, or in BF2142 when the Titans moved, any kind of platform or elevator that moved just spelled disaster. They've also added in all these stats that they track and it has got to affect performance.

Despite all it's warts, the games are fun though.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
21. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jun 28, 2014, 16:13 DangerDog

Now we need to know if he's a top or a bottom  

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes
18. Re: RE: Follow up Jun 27, 2014, 04:20 DangerDog

Slick wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 22:30:
are they hinting to an SP campaign like a TV-series?

Probably in the way the story is structured into "episodes" with different stories instead of one long single story.

What would be cool is if you could play the single player from either the cops or the robbers perspective. They'll probably just have you play as a good cop and then switch to being a bad cop along the way, or vise versa.

News Comments > Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes
11. Re: Battlefield Hardline Beta Concludes Jun 26, 2014, 21:29 DangerDog

Quboid wrote on Jun 26, 2014, 20:51:
Is there any destructible stuff in this? I played a few seconds of the demo, bullets and grenades only left visual marks on concrete.

Destruction wasn't over the top like Bad Company 2 but at least you weren't stopped dead in your tracks if you hit a street light. To the people saying the movement felt slow, have you been playing games like Titanfall where you run faster than the giant mechs?

Movement felt about the same as in BF3/BF4. I imagine they'll implement some sort of squad perk system to give you options of moving a little faster or wearing more body armor.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jun 26, 2014, 14:48 DangerDog

Seems pretty simple, if you can't beat them then join them. Best Buy should create a completely separate business that exists in a state that charges no sales tax and then turn their existing Best Buy locations into a show room floor, when customers are ready to purchase you would have the "pick it up right now" charge or let them use a section of the store dedicated to internet cafe access. It just so happens the home page on the cafe computers is the other entity where you can have product shipped to you without the tax charged. Section off that part of the store completely and put it under yet another company name if need be, even make it necessary to walk outside and into another door in the same building if you need to.

You don't even need to spell it out for people, if you're too stupid to figure it out then they probably don't want you as a customer anyway.

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 25, 2014, 11:29 DangerDog

So the Oculus is going to be broken up into a ton of different versions with no way to upgrade older devices to newer software platforms?  

4472 Comments. 224 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo