Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 4329 (Master)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
12. Re: etc. May 2, 2014, 13:34 DangerDog

Ah, social media retardation strikes again. I love the irony of him defending Sterling's right to his private thoughts while getting fired for sharing his.

If Sterling is a racist for not wanting to hang out with black people while watching (mostly) black people play basketball then George Clooney is a racist for not wanting to hang out with black people while going on vacation.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video
18. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video May 1, 2014, 02:10 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 21:01:
Mostly meant terrain deformation.. but you are right, aside the dynamic terrain deformation most of the stuff is pre-canned animations and scripts and triggers (And it has to be, since it has to sync in MP)

I don't think there's any native deformation in UE4, it's funny that in BF4 Dice had to tone it back and many places you can't deform the terrain at all. There was that game that Lucasgames made where you could raise and lower the terrain like you were in the editor making mountains and valleys, the effect looked just like that too. Pushing and pulling verts, not really worth much in the long run.

13. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video Apr 30, 2014, 17:16 DangerDog

Riker wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 12:30:
Modern systems should be able to handle this. I say that not knowing if they can, but they should. Maybe I'm just not playing enough modern games these days, but I feel that PC gaming hasn't had much of a leap in visual fidelity in a long time.

I think you take a pretty big hit with real time reflective surfaces. If you added in a couple of moving characters with the level of detail to match I think it would bring even a powerful system into barely playable levels. Still a cool showpiece of how nice the render is, perhaps a bit too much bloom and specularity for my taste.

Deus Ex seems to be popular with the UE4 crowd

[url=http://www.game-artist.net/forums/work-progress/22058-duex-ex-enviroment-uni-work.html]

This comment was edited on Apr 30, 2014, 17:21.

12. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution UE4 Video Apr 30, 2014, 17:10 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 16:22:
4D-Boxing wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:48:
Cutter wrote on Apr 30, 2014, 13:35:
Ahh-mazing! I love that futuristic modular design. Love the color scheme too. Can't wait to see some UE4 games that look like this.

Ditto but I wonder if we can have this level of detail combined with destructible environment...

I am gonna go on a limb and say that you will never see Frostbite style destruction in a UE4 game... EA knows this. I bet behind the scenes they have Frostbite 4 already running and are currently laughing their asses of.

UE4 is a nice render engine, but is it a good game engine?

I don't know about that, I mean what is Frostbite destruction but a slight of hand switch out to a destroyed asset with an animated transition. Neither engine is capable of procedural destruction, everything that's destructible is done on a per asset level.

From what I've seen it's still "Unreal" so it's a good game engine for first/third person shooters, side scroller games, top down games, etc. I think it would require considerable retooling to be good at making a free to roam anywhere space sim game with it.

As always, it's down to the talent that goes into the game and less about which engine used.

News Comments > Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer
1. Re: Wolfenstein Gameplay Trailer Apr 29, 2014, 18:01 DangerDog

Call of Dutystein  

News Comments > BF4 Death Shield Killed
2. Re: BF4 Death Shield Killed Apr 29, 2014, 17:57 DangerDog

Neato  

News Comments > Watch Dogs Season Pass Details
19. Re: Watch Dogs Season Pass Details Apr 29, 2014, 17:14 DangerDog

Anyone else moan when they showed zombies at the end of the trailer, I think this has wait for reviews written all over it.  

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Apr 29, 2014, 17:10 DangerDog

$80 for the (buggy) game and then paying monthly fee on top. Makes EA look like the good guys.  

News Comments > Heroes & Generals Trailer; Update Plans
3. Re: Heroes & Generals Trailer; Update Plans Apr 29, 2014, 16:46 DangerDog

I thought this one closed up shop, the whole run from your web browser thing just didn't grab me. They make it look like BF1942 in the trailer but it didn't play anything like that when I tried it.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 28, 2014, 20:13 DangerDog

Oh look, another adobe flash exploit.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 28, 2014, 16:42 DangerDog

PC ports heading back to consoles, I doubt they'll need to tweak much for the ME collection.  

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
2. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 12:38 DangerDog

That presentation was rushed, or so they said in their video. It still looks like they're just learning how to work with CryEngine, do they have the know-how to re-write large chunks of the game engine to meet the needs of an open world space-sim-game? What they were showing off at GDC only gave the illusion of being in space, that large planet in the background looked like a static skybox image for example.

Elite Dangerous seems to be on much better footing because they're making a custom engine suitable for the task from the ground up, I also appreciate the design going into Elite more after seeing the direction that Star Citizen is heading - cinematic effects over function (let's put annoyingly bright lights and lens flares on the frame of the cockpit and then shine them right into the player's face, because JJ Abrams did it in Star Trek so it must be cool).

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag
13. Re: Battlefield 4 Servers Upgraded to Address Lag Apr 25, 2014, 13:36 DangerDog

Shineyguy wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 11:55:
Many of the lag issues being encountered were on Official EA servers hosted by DICE. Secondary issues were seen on ranked servers yes. They may have worked with the server providers in these instances to upgrade their hardware.

Pretty much this, the console gamers have been experiencing bad rubber-banding for quite some time now.

If only DICE would make special considerations when designing 64 player maps and not just up the player count from the baseline 24 player / 32 player maps. I really like the intensity of 64 player but the choke points in some game modes is beyond insanity.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 24, 2014, 23:54 DangerDog

Warhol works, saved in an obscure format? Probably just deluxe paint from electronic arts.

the pictures are probably 320x200 res.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
9. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 24, 2014, 13:13 DangerDog

eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 24, 2014, 11:01:
The sandboxing in crome does not provide extra security.... it's snakeoil pr bullshit... so Firefox it is.

(By the way, running a browser in a real sandbox only protects you if you RESET the sandbox after use, and when you do that, it does add to your security indeed). But you pay the price for that with whatever security holes the sandbox has. And they have holes like any other software....

I'm using Sandboxie, it seems robust enough to stop malware is there a better alternative? Granted I'm aware that if a user is dumb enough to download an .exe and run it outside the sandbox then all bets are off.

News Comments > Watch Dogs Multiplayer Video
5. Re: Watch Dogs Multiplayer Video Apr 23, 2014, 20:17 DangerDog

Wait till people really hack your game, oh look my car is now flung hundreds of miles into the sky.  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
7. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 21, 2014, 14:18 DangerDog

I'm sure they'll start designing PC components like Lego bricks, zero skill required to build or replace anything, no screwdriver required.

Isn't Intel surface mounting CPU's directly to motherboards in the future full stop?

News Comments > SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ
8. Re: SOE on H1Z1 vs DayZ Apr 20, 2014, 16:14 DangerDog

Another game ruined by "Free to Play".  

News Comments > Evolve Teaser
4. Re: Evolve Teaser Apr 19, 2014, 17:08 DangerDog

Axis wrote on Apr 19, 2014, 12:17:
That Evolve vid doesn't do much, but having read quite a bit about it, should be a kick-ass game if it delivers...

If that's the only game mode and there's no single player campaign then hopefully it's priced accordingly.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Apr 16, 2014, 19:49 DangerDog

Outcast, the one they released the source to.

It'll never make it to completion but it's a nice gesture.

4329 Comments. 217 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo