Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Danger Dog

Real Name Danger Dog   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname DangerDog
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2000, 17:57
Total Comments 3950 (Veteran)
User ID 6174

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
38. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 18:58 DangerDog

This is going to be on the AMD/ATI free game golden ticket, announcement will come on the 25th when they show off the new graphic cards due to be released in October.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 16, 2013, 21:01 DangerDog

Rigs wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 19:46:
Yup, Gabe said it so now it must happen...

I mean, seriously, what's this guy know that we don't?

=-Rigs-=

With the ongoing trend of iMircrosoft trying too hard to be Apple it's only a mater of time before they completely shutout developers from releasing programs for Windows unless it passes through their paywall site. The Windows 8 app store hasn't turned into a problem for Valve... yet.

News Comments > Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP
7. Re: Red 5 Studios Reorganizing; Reworking Firefall PvP Sep 16, 2013, 20:55 DangerDog

I can't even imagine how much money they've spent developing this game, played the PvE for a little bit and then uninstalled.

Everyone complains that there's nothing but recycled modern military shooters but I think they went off the deep end in terms of the design for this game.

They should make PvE defend and destroy classic from Tribes, I loved playing that mode.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 15, 2013, 16:08 DangerDog

Fion wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 15:57:
All these space shooters in the works and not a peep about the greatest of them all: Tie Fighter (followed closely by X-Wing of course.)

Where's my fucking Tie Fighter sequel Disney? It's a cash cow in the waiting.

There's a new Star Wars game being mentioned called Attack Squadron, Disney registered a bunch of URLs with that name.

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
24. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 15:52 DangerDog

Probably just refereed to the xbox one as a "PC"  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta October 1st (or 4th)
1. Re: Battlefield 4 Open Beta October 1st (or 4th) Sep 14, 2013, 03:12 DangerDog

They changed the lens flare from blue to orange, so many assets remain untouched from BF3 that many people are going to be calling foul on the #4 designation.

I wonder what the pre-order numbers look like, are they sweating any bullets yet?

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Sep 13, 2013, 00:14 DangerDog

Kosh401 wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 22:20:
Battlefield 4 + Premium for 25% off aint too shabby..

Doesn't work, but I suspect they'll do a promo sales drive before the game is released there's too much at stake not to try to grab those call of duty dollars.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
32. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 15:34 DangerDog

Verno wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 15:11:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 15:09:
Going to be creating new accounts for major game purchases, what do you think is a fair price to charge for renting a game for a few days?

Oh man, I didn't even think about that. All you need for Steam is an email these days, don't even need the CC anymore due to Wallet cards being sold at retail. I suspect they would get pissed at a bunch of account creations from a single IP though.

They probably put in place limits on the ability to "revoke" those friends you've shared with, still the multi account setup would get around the part about all your games being locked down to just one person. Most people put too much emphasis on their Steam achievements and friends lists etc to want to go through the hassle.

I have multiple accounts on Steam, I don't see why they would have any issue with that.

News Comments > Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending
21. Re: Steam Family Sharing Announced; Will Allow Game Lending Sep 11, 2013, 15:09 DangerDog

Going to be creating new accounts for major game purchases, what do you think is a fair price to charge for renting a game for a few days?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
30. Re: crashing problem Sep 10, 2013, 00:31 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 14:43:
DangerDog wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 12:40:
I assume you put the timing values for your ram manually into your bios,

Didn't DDR3 make timing values basically irrelevant?

No, some systems can auto detect the values with XMP turned on in bios but many still don't set the voltage high enough.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements
23. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 10, 2013, 00:03 DangerDog

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:39:
Recommended Windows 8? Rotfl

It doesn't take much to turn Windows 8 into Windows 7.1, install startisback for $3 you can boot to desktop, get your start menu back, and turn off all the metro access stuff that annoys everyone. No you shouldn't have to do any of these things but at least you can. There are some nice features that 8 brings for desktop users.

I think it's just to show that it's supported, I think they had a limit on only supporting Windows 7 for the closed beta which people mistakenly took as no support for Windows 8 for the game.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: crashing problem Sep 9, 2013, 12:40 DangerDog

I assume you put the timing values for your ram manually into your bios, if not that's what I'd check first. Might also want to try bumping up the voltage a tad and see if that helps.

sometimes it's the simple stuff that causes the most grief.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
23. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 12:34 DangerDog

"From the makers of Aliens Colonial Marines..."

At least this way the game should be around for a long time, most of these free-2-play attempts shutdown after a year.

News Comments > Next Car Game on Greenlight
7. Re: Next Car Game on Greenlight Sep 8, 2013, 16:44 DangerDog

I was looking for assurances that they're not going to turn it into a "social" multiplayer centric racing game, I hate that facebook like aspect to new racing games.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat
33. Re: Star Citizen Hits $18M - $20M Goal is Planetary FPS Combat Sep 7, 2013, 15:13 DangerDog

$100 million stretch goal, have your conscious uploaded to a server and get the true Star Citizen experience*

*player insurance not guaranteed, when you die you die for reals.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 6, 2013, 18:09 DangerDog

They tried to sell the Surface at a profit too.

look at how well that worked out.

News Comments > DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter
1. Re: DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter Sep 5, 2013, 22:22 DangerDog

100k doesn't sound like nearly enough, I think they're missing a few extra zeros.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 4, 2013, 19:47 DangerDog

Might just be another armchair general but I like this guys blog, breaks this mess down to understandable terms.

http://wartard.blogspot.com/

I would think McCain would be more into a nice game of "Global Thermonuclear War".

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 3, 2013, 22:03 DangerDog

Just a couple more generations and the consoles will be in the big league running at 3ghz.  

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
22. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 2, 2013, 22:14 DangerDog

Millions more to make a console version most likely.  

3950 Comments. 198 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo